Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust"

Go down 
+5
Heretic
Artie60438
sparks
paul87920
Scorpion
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Heretic

Heretic

School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust" - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust"   School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust" - Page 5 Empty4/7/2009, 12:46 am

🍿
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust"   School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust" - Page 5 Empty4/7/2009, 12:52 am

Heretic wrote:
And as far as the conversion under threat of death, we thankfully haven't seen that since the Inquisition.

And you're all fired for missing the opportunity for a blatant Python reference. Razz

:inq:
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust"   School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust" - Page 5 Empty4/7/2009, 7:39 am

Heretic wrote:
Heretic wrote:
And as far as the conversion under threat of death, we thankfully haven't seen that since the Inquisition.

And you're all fired for missing the opportunity for a blatant Python reference. Razz

:inq:
It's kind of harsh to fire posters for missing a reference from a movie that was produced before some of us were born. Maybe a mild spanking is in order.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust"   School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust" - Page 5 Empty4/7/2009, 7:47 am

No excuses!! Razz
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust"   School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust" - Page 5 Empty4/7/2009, 9:05 am

Heretic wrote:
Christians are the only ones that wake me up early at my home to "preach the good word" and then subsequently harangue and threaten me with infinite and endless torture when they discover I'm a happy and content non-Christian.
And Muslims are the only ones who fly planes into buildings.
What conclusions, if any, may be drawn from both of our statements?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust"   School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust" - Page 5 Empty4/7/2009, 9:21 am

happy jack wrote:

My statement, in context, was only serving as examples to Ohhmama's statements. If you want yet another discussion on the malleability of religion to suit its cultures socioeconomic needs, I'd be happy to do so... again.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust"   School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust" - Page 5 Empty4/7/2009, 9:25 am

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:

My statement, in context, was only serving as examples to Ohhmama's statements. If you want yet another discussion on the malleability of religion to suit its cultures socioeconomic needs, I'd be happy to do so... again.
Mercy.
How did you ever guess that I was just dying for another one of those discussions?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust"   School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust" - Page 5 Empty4/7/2009, 9:34 am

happy jack wrote:

[b]And Muslims are the only ones who fly planes into buildings.

I believe the Japanese were the first to use airplanes as weapons of mass destruction.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust"   School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust" - Page 5 Empty4/7/2009, 9:38 am

Realities of the battlefield have always dictated tactics, not religion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust"   School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust" - Page 5 Empty4/7/2009, 9:40 am

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

[b]And Muslims are the only ones who fly planes into buildings.

I believe the Japanese were the first to use airplanes as weapons of mass destruction.

Yes, when they sneak attacked Hawaii, they targeted military ships, and used their own planes with their own pilots, not hijacked planes full of innocent men, women, and children.
My Dad was injured when a Kamakazie plane smacked into his ship during WW2.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust"   School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust" - Page 5 Empty4/7/2009, 9:44 am

Tiger1 wrote:
Yes, when they sneak attacked Hawaii, they targeted military ships, and used their own planes with their own pilots...

And we responded by nuking two civilian cities. "A gift from God" they called it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust"   School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust" - Page 5 Empty4/7/2009, 9:51 am

I do not like the fact we used nukes. It did end the war, which most certainly would have cost a lot more lives from both sides if it dragged on any longer, than what the use of the nukes did.

Heretic, who called the nukes, "a gift from God"??? Please provide a link.

They were NOT just civillian cities, one was a big military installation, and the other was a big industrial area, where they were building war materials. I do think they should have picked a differant location, in the case of Nagasaki. I do believe though, that Nagasaki was NOT the first choice for the 2nd bomb, but was an alternative if the weather was bad, which it was.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust"   School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust" - Page 5 Empty4/7/2009, 10:19 am

Quote :
Yes, when they sneak attacked Hawaii, they targeted military ships, and used their own planes with their own pilots, not hijacked planes full of innocent men, women, and children.

Hate to nit pick, but the Kamakazie was not employed at Pearl Harbor.
That was later on at the end of the war.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust"   School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust" - Page 5 Empty4/7/2009, 12:13 pm

edge540 wrote:
Quote :

Hate to nit pick, but the Kamakazie was not employed at Pearl Harbor.
That was later on at the end of the war.

Actually, there was at least one who flew his plane into a ship, because his plane was having mechanical problems, and he couldn't make it back to Japan. I think that would qualify him as the 1st Kamakazie. From what I understand, that was protocal if their planes were low on fuel or having difficulties. This was an honorable death to the Japanese.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust"   School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust" - Page 5 Empty4/7/2009, 2:55 pm

Tiger1 wrote:
Actually, there was at least one who flew his plane into a ship, because his plane was having mechanical problems, and he couldn't make it back to Japan. I think that would qualify him as the 1st Kamakazie. From what I understand, that was protocal if their planes were low on fuel or having difficulties. This was an honorable death to the Japanese.

The kamikaze maneuver was a bit more than a crashing a wounded plane into a target. It wasn't until the Japanese military started running out of oil and pilots about 1944 that they started organizing entire missions involving planes whose sole purpose was to crash into a designated target. They be loaded up with explosives or fully fueled. The history channel had a fascinating Battle 360 episode on one of their missions. Absolutely devastating attacks...

But again, it's nitpicking.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust"   School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust" - Page 5 Empty4/7/2009, 9:20 pm

Tiger1 wrote:
I do not like the fact we used nukes. It did end the war, which most certainly would have cost a lot more lives from both sides if it dragged on any longer, than what the use of the nukes did.

Heretic, who called the nukes, "a gift from God"??? Please provide a link.

They were NOT just civillian cities, one was a big military installation, and the other was a big industrial area, where they were building war materials. I do think they should have picked a differant location, in the case of Nagasaki. I do believe though, that Nagasaki was NOT the first choice for the 2nd bomb, but was an alternative if the weather was bad, which it was.
If you ever get a chance to read some of the accounts of the fire bombing of Tokyo, you might come to the surprising conclusion that the use of nuclear weapons at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was almost humane in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust"   School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust" - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

School Sued Over a Song - "In God We Still Trust"
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5