Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pocket full of Change or just empty?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Pocket full of Change or just empty? Empty
PostSubject: Pocket full of Change or just empty?   Pocket full of Change or just empty? Empty3/9/2009, 3:20 pm

Quote :
Analysis: Obama's economic style is unnerving
Some economists, lawmakers fear policies are sowing uncertainty

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama offered his domestic-policy proposals as a "break from a troubled past." But the economic outlook now is more troubled than it was even in January, despite Obama's bold rhetoric and commitment of more trillions of dollars.

And while his personal popularity remains high, some economists and lawmakers are beginning to question whether Obama's agenda of increased government activism is helping, or hurting, by sowing uncertainty among businesses, investors and consumers that could prolong the recession.

Although the administration likes to say it "inherited" the recession and trillion-dollar deficits, the economic wreckage has worsened on Obama's still-young watch.

Every day, the economy is becoming more and more an Obama economy.

More than 4 million jobs have been lost since the recession began in December 2007 — roughly half in the past three months.

Pocket full of Change or just empty? ObamaChange01copy
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Pocket full of Change or just empty?   Pocket full of Change or just empty? Empty3/9/2009, 3:38 pm

Thank GW Bush and give Obama's strategy some time to fix Bush's mess. He's only been in office 48 days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pocket full of Change or just empty?   Pocket full of Change or just empty? Empty3/9/2009, 3:43 pm

Did you see the red highlights my friend? You can't ignore the fact that the economy has not gotten better since O'bammy took office, the opposite.

Only 48 days? Sheesh he spends like he's been there FOREVER! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pocket full of Change or just empty?   Pocket full of Change or just empty? Empty3/9/2009, 4:06 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Thank GW Bush and give Obama's strategy some time to fix Bush's mess. He's only been in office 48 days.

How so?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Pocket full of Change or just empty?   Pocket full of Change or just empty? Empty3/9/2009, 4:22 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Quote :
Analysis: Obama's economic style is unnerving
Some economists, lawmakers fear policies are sowing uncertainty

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama offered his domestic-policy proposals as a "break from a troubled past." But the economic outlook now is more troubled than it was even in January, despite Obama's bold rhetoric and commitment of more trillions of dollars.

And while his personal popularity remains high, some economists and lawmakers are beginning to question whether Obama's agenda of increased government activism is helping, or hurting, by sowing uncertainty among businesses, investors and consumers that could prolong the recession.

Although the administration likes to say it "inherited" the recession and trillion-dollar deficits, the economic wreckage has worsened on Obama's still-young watch.

Every day, the economy is becoming more and more an Obama economy.

More than 4 million jobs have been lost since the recession began in December 2007 — roughly half in the past three months.

You know, it's really pointless to post opinion pieces as if they are "proof" of something. All they prove is that you agree with the writer.
The color highlighting doesn't change that.

Here, I'll put up a counter opinion piece to illustrate my point....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeff-schweitzer/it-is-all-obamas-fault-th_b_172046.html

Quote :
Bequeathing to the American people the worst economic crisis in generations upon leaving office, President Bush continued to blame his predecessor for his failures as he was walking out the door. He blithely ignored the inconvenient fact that he was president for the past eight years. Bush said: "I think when the history of this period is written, people will realize a lot of the decisions that were made on Wall Street took place over a decade or so" before he became president.

In 2004, in a speech in Colmar, PA, Bush blamed the Clinton administration for the loss of hundreds of thousands of manufacturing jobs. Even four years after occupying the Oval Office, Bush was still blaming Clinton for every economic woe.

Bush blamed Clinton for 9/11 because he failed to kill Osama bin Laden. Again, Bush ignored the fact that after eight years he did not kill the target he blamed Clinton for missing.

These accusations of course are incredulous, stretching the outer limits of rationality. One could even perhaps view these ideas as insane. Bush's delusional inability to accept responsibility is one of his ugliest legacies. But that is not the big story, as big a story as that is.

No, what exceeds even the outrageous irresponsibility of Bush's blame shifting is the recent suggestion by Republicans and right wing pundits that the time has come for Obama to take responsibility for our economic problems.

See what I mean? I could absolutely flood any forum with opinion pieces, but what would it prove?

You certainly have a right to your opinion, and you can post anything that you wish, but opinion pieces are rarely a basis for a meaningful debate. If you have an opinion, then you should be prepared to back it up with facts, not solely on the opinions or spin of others. At the very least, you should include some of your own views instead of relying totally on the writer.

Just my opinion, of couse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pocket full of Change or just empty?   Pocket full of Change or just empty? Empty3/9/2009, 4:34 pm

It is absolutely unbelievable how impatient and unreasonable some people are behaving. It's only been 48 days! What the hell? It would not have mattered which party won at this point. More jobs would have still been lost. Bush and his policies screwed this country up and it's going to take time to fix it!

While some are bitching about what Obama has done or not done to help the economy, those same people can't tell us what he should or should'nt be doing to fix it.

Some of you need to get over the fact that Obama won. If you can't get on board with the new President then get out of the way. That goes for all Rep. and Dem. that are too hell bent on causing trouble rather than being part of the solution. Have some patience!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pocket full of Change or just empty?   Pocket full of Change or just empty? Empty3/9/2009, 4:41 pm

I realize I forgot to add the address of the supposed opinion piece...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29575082/

I like colors to highlight (although I try to not use it too often) also my view was stated in the pic (albeit not my pic) Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pocket full of Change or just empty?   Pocket full of Change or just empty? Empty3/9/2009, 4:46 pm

party42 wrote:
It is absolutely unbelievable how impatient and unreasonable some people are behaving. It's only been 48 days! What the hell? It would not have mattered which party won at this point. More jobs would have still been lost. Bush and his policies screwed this country up and it's going to take time to fix it!

While some are bitching about what Obama has done or not done to help the economy, those same people can't tell us what he should or should'nt be doing to fix it.

Some of you need to get over the fact that Obama won. If you can't get on board with the new President then get out of the way. That goes for all Rep. and Dem. that are too hell bent on causing trouble rather than being part of the solution. Have some patience!!!!!!

Maybe you need to get over the fact that I have a RIGHT to my opinion, just as you do. Yes it's been 48 days and he's spending money LEFT and right and the economy is getting worse. WHAT THE HELL!

By the way, I don't have to get over anything- for YEARS I've read you people bitch and moan about every little thing Bush did (hell I'm still reading it- never mind the fact that Congress has f'd up the economy too)! Glad you finally get a taste of what it's been like- so WHAT THE HELL! Oh and I don't have TO GET OUT OF THE WAY- this is my f'n country and again I HAVE THE RIGHT TO BITCH IF I DON"T LIKE IT. so WHAT THE HELL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pocket full of Change or just empty?   Pocket full of Change or just empty? Empty3/9/2009, 5:09 pm

I never said you don't have a right to your opinion. I did however, say you need to have more patience. It is just unreasonable to think that any President could straighten out of the economy in just 48 days, or for everyone to start seeing improvment that quickly. And it is unreasonable to think that more jobs wouldn't be lost in Jan. and Feb. after the year we just went through.

You and everyone else who hate Obama can bitch and complain all you want but it isn't going to change anything.

I don't really get upset when people bash Obama. He hasn't done anything wrong yet so I just laugh. Now with Bush, we had plenty to bitch about so I can imagine you and the other Bush lovers would get upset. It's kinda hard to defend one of the worst Presidents in U.S. history.

Sorry to get your dander up mama. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Pocket full of Change or just empty?   Pocket full of Change or just empty? Empty3/9/2009, 5:15 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
By the way, I don't have to get over anything- for YEARS I've read you people bitch and moan about every little thing Bush did (hell I'm still reading it- never mind the fact that Congress has f'd up the economy too)! Glad you finally get a taste of what it's been like- so WHAT THE HELL!!

You obviously have no concept of what it was like being on the "other side" during the Bush years. You've never been accused of being a terrorist sympathizer or a traitor simply because you disagreed with the President. So please, spare us the lecture.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Pocket full of Change or just empty?   Pocket full of Change or just empty? Empty3/9/2009, 5:19 pm

Ohhmama wrote:

Maybe you need to get over the fact that I have a RIGHT to my opinion, just as you do. Yes it's been 48 days and he's spending money LEFT and right and the economy is getting worse. WHAT THE HELL!

It's going to take time to fix Bush's mess. You can quote job losses all you want for a while,but those are lagging indicators and are solely Bush's fault. This recession started in 2007 and I was one of the ones that knew we were heading for trouble and posted about it regularly,but all I heard from the Bush butt kissers is that I didn't know what I was talking about.

All along we assured by Bush and Mccain that there was nothing to worry about......"fundamentals of the economy are strong",blah,blah,blah. At least we have a POTUS that tells us the truth,versus an incompetent buffoon who ignored the problems until it was too late.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Pocket full of Change or just empty?   Pocket full of Change or just empty? Empty3/9/2009, 5:24 pm

Scorpion wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:
By the way, I don't have to get over anything- for YEARS I've read you people bitch and moan about every little thing Bush did (hell I'm still reading it- never mind the fact that Congress has f'd up the economy too)! Glad you finally get a taste of what it's been like- so WHAT THE HELL!!

You obviously have no concept of what it was like being on the "other side" during the Bush years. You've never been accused of being a terrorist sympathizer or a traitor simply because you disagreed with the President. So please, spare us the lecture.

You also automatically got accused of being Gay,as if that somehow,even if it were true,would erase the credibility of your argument Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pocket full of Change or just empty?   Pocket full of Change or just empty? Empty3/9/2009, 5:26 pm

party42 wrote:
I never said you don't have a right to your opinion. I did however, say you need to have more patience. It is just unreasonable to think that any President could straighten out of the economy in just 48 days, or for everyone to start seeing improvment that quickly. And it is unreasonable to think that more jobs wouldn't be lost in Jan. and Feb. after the year we just went through.

You and everyone else who hate Obama can bitch and complain all you want but it isn't going to change anything.

I don't really get upset when people bash Obama. He hasn't done anything wrong yet so I just laugh. Now with Bush, we had plenty to bitch about so I can imagine you and the other Bush lovers would get upset. It's kinda hard to defend one of the worst Presidents in U.S. history.

Sorry to get your dander up mama. Surprised

I don't have to be patient, and I don't think it's unreasonable, after all if he can spend money left and right like it's going out of style, then yeah- I'd like to see that it's working- so far ITS NOT, in fact look at the stock market reaction- it's gotten worse why because confidence levels aren't there. Time will tell if Bammy-Boy will take his seat next to Bush or not... so you just keep on smilin'... cyclops

Thanks for your blessing- it's good to know I'm being given permission to "bitch" on a forum... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Pocket full of Change or just empty?   Pocket full of Change or just empty? Empty3/9/2009, 5:36 pm

Ohhmama wrote:

I don't have to be patient, and I don't think it's unreasonable, after all if he can spend money left and right like it's going out of style, then yeah- I'd like to see that it's working- so far ITS NOT, in fact look at the stock market reaction- it's gotten worse why because confidence levels aren't there. Time will tell if Bammy-Boy will take his seat next to Bush or not... so you just keep on smilin'... cyclops

Yeah,well the Obama stimulus bill only got signed into law less than 3 weeks ago. Please go back and study history and find a circumstance where a severe recession got fixed in 3 weeks. Heck,for that matter,find one that only took 6 months to a year. Then you'll have a valid argument.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pocket full of Change or just empty?   Pocket full of Change or just empty? Empty3/9/2009, 5:41 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Time

That's all I'm saying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pocket full of Change or just empty?   Pocket full of Change or just empty? Empty3/9/2009, 5:51 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

Yeah,well the Obama stimulus bill only got signed into law less than 3 weeks ago. Please go back and study history and find a circumstance where a severe recession got fixed in 3 weeks. Heck,for that matter,find one that only took 6 months to a year. Then you'll have a valid argument.

Hey we've been promised much by the Messiah short of him walking on water, I just want to see what I've been paying for- Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pocket full of Change or just empty?   Pocket full of Change or just empty? Empty

Back to top Go down

Pocket full of Change or just empty?
Page 1 of 1