Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mayor resigns!

Go down 
+4
BigWhiteGuy
sparks
the oracle
voter3
8 posters
AuthorMessage
voter3

Mayor resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Mayor resigns!   Mayor resigns! Empty2/14/2009, 12:25 am

http://nwi.com/articles/2009/02/13/updates/breaking_news/doc49960e66b58f2451266899.txt

Evidently he is tired of the same old song and dance. It would be no surprise if the people that appointed Rudy wanted him to stay the Lake County Democratic Chairman. They have been back handing us for years... Republicans and Democrats alike!! What Sue Brown was unable to report is why!
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

Mayor resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayor resigns!   Mayor resigns! Empty2/14/2009, 4:13 am

its really simple. first. you cant hold both the state party deputy chair and the county chairmanship simultaneously anyway. that is against party rules. the mayor wanted to send a message to local precinct committeemen exactly how serious he is about the county chairmanship race, and gave up the post he had as a show of exactly how committed he his to winning the county race.

there were hints that some of his county opponants were going to accuse the mayor of not being serious about his county bid. that is no longer an issue anymore.

the old guard is nervous. here is a guy who actually wants to do things with the local party the right (honest) way. and they dont know how to react to him.
Back to top Go down
sparks

Mayor resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayor resigns!   Mayor resigns! Empty2/14/2009, 8:48 am

Lake county will be far better off if Mayor McDermott is running the Democratic party here. He has shown a willingness to make cuts that make government more efficient. Unfortunately, at the county level, there is a group of politicians that are determined to keep things just the way they are so that they can protect their patronage power. There is an a very good story in today's Post-Tribune about how the rest of the state is moving toward more efficient government and Lake county is being allowed to maintain the status quo.
http://www.post-trib.com/news/1430908,gadaniels.article
"(Making the positions appointed) might be the right thing to do in your county, but Lake County's fine," Randolph said. "Why would you want to come to my county and get rid of my recorder and my treasurer when you don't know anything about it?"
The resolution passed the Senate Local Government Committee by a 6-5 vote after Lake County was removed, with Randolph in the majority

There is absolutely no reason for the county treasurer and recorder to be elected positions other than to allow those officeholders to maintain their patronage power. These positions should be filled by people who have the professional qualifications to do the job, not the political connections needed to be elected.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

Mayor resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayor resigns!   Mayor resigns! Empty2/14/2009, 8:59 am

sparks wrote:
Lake county will be far better off if Mayor McDermott is running the Democratic party here. He has shown a willingness to make cuts that make government more efficient. Unfortunately, at the county level, there is a group of politicians that are determined to keep things just the way they are so that they can protect their patronage power. There is an a very good story in today's Post-Tribune about how the rest of the state is moving toward more efficient government and Lake county is being allowed to maintain the status quo.
http://www.post-trib.com/news/1430908,gadaniels.article
"(Making the positions appointed) might be the right thing to do in your county, but Lake County's fine," Randolph said. "Why would you want to come to my county and get rid of my recorder and my treasurer when you don't know anything about it?"
The resolution passed the Senate Local Government Committee by a 6-5 vote after Lake County was removed, with Randolph in the majority

There is absolutely no reason for the county treasurer and recorder to be elected positions other than to allow those officeholders to maintain their patronage power. These positions should be filled by people who have the professional qualifications to do the job, not the political connections needed to be elected.
If these two positions (Treasurer and Recorder) were not elected positions (as they are everywhere else in the U.S.) they would not be held accountable, to anyone. Not a good idea for safeguarding the public trust.
Back to top Go down
voter3

Mayor resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayor resigns!   Mayor resigns! Empty2/14/2009, 9:57 am

I for one dont agree with Randolph at all. Lake County is not fine ! If the current status of the County is fine with Randolph it is no wonder the State ignores us and the picture that quote paints is not very impressive.
Back to top Go down
FFScott

Mayor resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayor resigns!   Mayor resigns! Empty2/14/2009, 3:03 pm

This shows that McDermott is serious about running for the county position. When he wins he can use the contacts he made while at the state level to help us in Lake Co.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Mayor resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayor resigns!   Mayor resigns! Empty2/14/2009, 6:43 pm

I claim we voters vote on being convinced that the politician at the time is always honest, and the best.

Don't blame us, if they turn out likewise.

I haven't met an honest politician yet...

Lyin' does run in the family.

In other words, people blame us for voting. We only vote on what we are presented with. The vast majority of the votes come from loyalist. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

All I know is, the only sure way to never lose a job is to be a politician.

When real campaign reform comes in where NO ONE is allowed to contribute (afertall, these politicians make more than enough before deciding to run), no one, no union, no company, no one, is allowed to contribute to a politician running for office, and they have to use their own funds...then we will see government going back to the good old days...where they have to run on merit, not money or donations.

Political campaign reform needs to happen fast. Blot it all out. No contributions, make it come out of their own pocket, make them work with they have in their own financial pocket. No favors, no backing. Until then, we will never have honest government.

Once these politicians have more than enough in their pockets to cure the aches and pains they are running for, using it for prolong their endeavor to achieve even higher office..... Don't blame the average voter. We unfortunately, vote with our hearts. The people that actually put politicians in office, vote with their money.

So, the little people get yelled at for "Well, you voted them in, so...."

It all boils down to honest politicians, that pay out of their pocket.
Getting rid of any campaign donations.
Forbidding holding any other job outside the full time job they were paid to do.

Getting back to morals and ethics. Until then, don't yell at me for who I voted. It's just a matter of who ends up the crook after deceiving you into voting for them.

At the end, you find out you were misled. As with Obama. At least Hillary would have been the bulldog with experience we needed.

I'm personally sick of campaign money being thrown at every freaking politicians, only to find out they need more, commit fraud, and we as tax-payers, voters, get the same ole' saying, "You voted for them!"

Good. After this, I vote no more. Even when you vote, it doesn't matter. The people with the money that help them get voted are the only ones who count. The economy is going to go into a crater far faster than you can imagine. With money, comes greed. If you haven't seen it yet, you'll be really seeing and feeling really soon.

It's all about which one to "brown-nose" and the other half of the problem is the fact the actual citizens don't report the skunk when they smell one. Greed is the root of all evil. Not money. Good luck Democrats!
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Mayor resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayor resigns!   Mayor resigns! Empty2/14/2009, 7:03 pm

And...good luck, Republicans. I haven't found in many years anyone worth trusting.

I think I voted for the last time in my life last fall, and all because, if all of a sudden Rudy can hand his hand out for 400 million, calling it a "drop in the bucket", I'm through. There is no more hope for really changing our country.

The republicans want to cut, cut, cut taxes. The democrats want to spend, spend, and spend.

I saw in the Suntimes today, Obama flying in on AirForce One, only to be flown by helicopter to his Hyde Park home. What a luxury. All for Valentines' Day! The three, four members he anointed, were tax evaders. The common person would go to jail for that.

Actually, I've gotten to the point, no vote is worthy of the average taxpayer. The "I'll pat your back if you pat mine" is the only vote that counts.

At least there is sunshine there, even on a "rainy day". Good luck, Obama....good luck to all who voted for him. Won't keep me here anymore...what do I have to lose?

What went on in Illinois, has been going on in almost every state in the U.S. which led us to these problems.

AN HONEST POLITICIAN LEADING THE US IS ALL I PRAY TO GOD FOR. Someone who doesn't "Show and not tell." Illinois sucks, Indiana sucks...I'm heading for California where I might just fit in better than the immigrants.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

Mayor resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayor resigns!   Mayor resigns! Empty2/14/2009, 10:42 pm

more info on the mayor's leaving his state party post. he had always planned to leave the post on march 7 when his term ends. however he forwarded his resignation a month early because it turns out the indiana representative to the national dnc is from....laporte county! barack won indiana because of lake county's voter turnout, plain and simple. and since the state party didnt even give lake county, or its party chair rudy clay an ounce of consideration regarding a recommendation for that post. mcdermott chose to resign.

so much for rudy clay having obama's ear.
Back to top Go down
voter3

Mayor resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayor resigns!   Mayor resigns! Empty2/15/2009, 1:13 am

well I could certainly understand why they didnt want rudy representing any part of Indiana let alone Lake County. This guy is an insult !
Back to top Go down
FFScott

Mayor resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayor resigns!   Mayor resigns! Empty2/15/2009, 8:37 am

the oracle wrote:
more info on the mayor's leaving his state party post. he had always planned to leave the post on march 7 when his term ends. however he forwarded his resignation a month early because it turns out the indiana representative to the national dnc is from....laporte county! barack won indiana because of lake county's voter turnout, plain and simple. and since the state party didnt even give lake county, or its party chair rudy clay an ounce of consideration regarding a recommendation for that post. mcdermott chose to resign.

so much for rudy clay having obama's ear.

This was also a way to let everyone know he was not dropping out of the race for Lake Co. chairman. Since he couldnt fill both posts - this left no doubt which one he was interested in.
Back to top Go down
FFScott

Mayor resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayor resigns!   Mayor resigns! Empty2/15/2009, 9:33 am

http://www.post-trib.com/news/elections/1430945,mcdermott.article

Hammond Mayor Tom McDermott Jr. is leaving his post as deputy chairman with the state Democratic Party's Central Committee when his term ends in early March.

McDermott said he wants to pursue different opportunities -- like the Lake County Democratic chairman's race.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

Mayor resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayor resigns!   Mayor resigns! Empty2/16/2009, 8:31 am

exactly scott. both issues figured in to it. the mayor had always planned to resign in march, after becoming county chair. but the issue with the state party ignoring the lake party as to its national post prompted the mayor to publically announce his intentions to resign.
Back to top Go down
board monkey

board monkey

Mayor resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayor resigns!   Mayor resigns! Empty2/16/2009, 9:55 am

How come Rudy, as county chair, hasn't made any kind of comment about the obvious disregard of the Lake County Dems in this action. If I was chairman, I would be embarrassing the state leaders for ignoring one of the largest Democratic organizations in the state in this appointment to the national party.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Mayor resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayor resigns!   Mayor resigns! Empty2/16/2009, 10:59 am

voter3 wrote:
well I could certainly understand why they didnt want rudy representing any part of Indiana let alone Lake County. This guy is an insult !

He's ugly, too, Voter.

He has no brains. Just slippy fingers. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Big Unit

Mayor resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayor resigns!   Mayor resigns! Empty2/16/2009, 2:09 pm

You guys are not gonna beleive this but a certain someone is cutting and pasting oracles posts from this board onto the other as an update as to whats going on LOL.
The mayor made the right move at the right time, nobody knows how the county chair race is going turn out and if the mayor should lose, I dont think so, but if he should and then resigns from the state people would be saying he was a sore loser, when in fact it was his intentions all along. The new DNC appointment was a HUGE slap in the face to lake county dems imo.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

Mayor resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayor resigns!   Mayor resigns! Empty2/16/2009, 5:38 pm

board monkey wrote:
How come Rudy, as county chair, hasn't made any kind of comment about the obvious disregard of the Lake County Dems in this action. If I was chairman, I would be embarrassing the state leaders for ignoring one of the largest Democratic organizations in the state in this appointment to the national party.

well, you almost anwered your own question bm. the fact is rudy is embarassed that the state leaders, and obama ignored him, so he doesnt want any attention brought upon the issue.

as for someone copying my posts. i guess im flatterred. heck my words havent been in such demand since back when i was on radio. just the same if admin can stop it, i say please do. always leave them wanting more as they say Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mayor resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayor resigns!   Mayor resigns! Empty

Back to top Go down

Mayor resigns!
Page 1 of 1