Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay

Go down 
+3
Face
Artie60438
BigWhiteGuy
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
happy jack

Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/23/2009, 2:43 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
The Messiah is certainly starting off on the right foot - glad to see that He has His priorities straight.
What is even more surprising than the fact that He wants to set this type of person free is the fact that the New York Times actually reported it.
The honeymoon can't be over already, can it?

Quote :

“They’re one and the same guy,” said the official, who insisted on anonymity because he was discussing an intelligence analysis. “He returned to Saudi Arabia in 2007, but his movements to Yemen remain unclear.”

Who was President in 2007? Just because Worst President Ever seems to have bungled another responsibility doesn't mean that Obama will do the same.

Inadvertently releasing someone such as this is bad enough. However, creating a national policy to intentionally release persons such as this is nearly criminal.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/23/2009, 2:53 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
The Messiah is certainly starting off on the right foot - glad to see that He has His priorities straight.
What is even more surprising than the fact that He wants to set this type of person free is the fact that the New York Times actually reported it.
The honeymoon can't be over already, can it?

Quote :

“They’re one and the same guy,” said the official, who insisted on anonymity because he was discussing an intelligence analysis. “He returned to Saudi Arabia in 2007, but his movements to Yemen remain unclear.”

Who was President in 2007? Just because Worst President Ever seems to have bungled another responsibility doesn't mean that Obama will do the same.

Inadvertently releasing someone such as this is bad enough. However, creating a national policy to intentionally release persons such as this is nearly criminal.
Here is what the press release says- The draft order calls for a systematic review of the cases of each of the detainees, to determine which among them can be released and which cannot.

"It is in the interests of the United States to review whether and how such individuals can and should be prosecuted," it says.

How do you go from that to your statement?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/23/2009, 2:57 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Where did Obama say he was intentionally releasing everyone? I'm sure it will be done on a case by case basis. No matter what someone is accused of,they have a right to be informed of the specific charges against them and defend themselves in court if they choose to do so.

Isn't that one of the reasons we overthrew Saddam Hussein?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/23/2009, 3:10 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
I'm sure it will be done on a case by case basis.

You are sure?
You are sure?
Are you 'sure' because you are one of the few who is privy to Obama's 'plan' that you kept spouting off about?
By the way, what exactly is that 'plan'? You still haven't told the rest of us uninformed peasants.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/23/2009, 3:34 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

You are sure?
You are sure?

Obama will make much better decisions than Bush did. On that,I'm sure.

Quote :
Are you 'sure' because you are one of the few who is privy to Obama's 'plan' that you kept spouting off about?
By the way, what exactly is that 'plan'? You still haven't told the rest of us uninformed peasants.

Have you noticed how everything is going pretty smooth for Obama? Even Mitch McConnel had kind words to say about him on the Senate floor. Just today the "fair pay" act passed the Senate and the congressional approval numbers are starting to go up.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/23/2009, 3:41 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

You are sure?
You are sure?

Quote :

Have you noticed how everything is going pretty smooth for Obama? Even Mitch McConnel had kind words to say about him on the Senate floor. Just today the "fair pay" act passed the Senate and the congressional approval numbers are starting to go up.
You did not answer my question.
What is this 'plan' that apparently only you and the Messiah are aware of?
It's safe to tell everyone now, Artie; he's already been safely inaugurated.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/23/2009, 4:48 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

You are sure?
You are sure?

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to here, but the Administration does plan to review every case...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090122/us_time/08599187215800

Quote :
Review Every Case

First, the Obama Administration must re-examine all the case files and decide which detainees to prosecute in the U.S., which to transfer to the custody of another government and which to simply release. There are nearly 250 detainees left, ranging from hard-core jihadists like Khalid Sheik Mohammed - who pleaded guilty to masterminding the 9/11 attacks - to a group of 17 Uighur dissidents from China - who even the Pentagon says represent no threat to the U.S. President Obama wants a Cabinet-level committee to lead the reviews. A report by the Center for Strategic & International Studies (CSIS) recommends that the new President appoint a "panel of eminent Americans" to sort through the cases. Some human rights groups have suggested that the new Attorney General do the sorting.

Nothing new here. This appears to be exactly what Barack has been advocating over the last year or so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/23/2009, 5:38 pm

So you're implying that the people released under President Bush didn't have their cases reviewed?
So far about 18 of the two hundred something that have been released are known, through physical evidence and their own admissions, to have been involved in terrorist acts since released.
Do you think their cases were reviewed?
Why should I think that President Obama's review would be any better? If anything I am inclined to believe that it will be more forgiving that President Bushes' were.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/23/2009, 5:50 pm

Bill B wrote:
So you're implying that the people released under President Bush didn't have their cases reviewed?

If you are asking me if I'm implying that the Bush Administration didn't review the cases of those prisoners who were released, then my answer is no, of course not.

I was simply answering Jack's question.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/23/2009, 7:09 pm

Bill B wrote:
So far about 18 of the two hundred something that have been released are known, through physical evidence and their own admissions, to have been involved in terrorist acts since released.
Do you think their cases were reviewed?

Who knows what they did? The Bush admin has never be known for it's competence. They did have a penchant for secrecy though,so we'll probably never know.

Quote :
Why should I think that President Obama's review would be any better? If anything I am inclined to believe that it will be more forgiving that President Bushes' were.

Obama is a lot smarter than Bush and the people he surrounds himself with are too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/23/2009, 8:56 pm

Sorry Scorpion,
Cutting and pasting on this laptop is a pain. I was talking to Artie.
God I miss my computer Sad
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/24/2009, 8:25 am

Keith Olbermann made a good point on the guy that was released from Gitmo and now is working for Al-Quaeda. Could it be that the guy was innocent all along and after being held for 6 years with no charges ever filed,finally found reason to hate us?

Here's the clip. His comments on this start at about the 1:30 mark.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/24/2009, 8:35 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Could it be that the guy was innocent all along and after being held for 6 years with no charges ever filed,finally found reason to hate us?

Yeah, I'm sure that's the reason...

Damn I'm sick of these terrorist sympathizers.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/24/2009, 8:59 am

Ohhmama wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Could it be that the guy was innocent all along and after being held for 6 years with no charges ever filed,finally found reason to hate us?

Yeah, I'm sure that's the reason...

Well maybe you could explain why after 6 years in captivity the guy was finally let go with no charges? Keep in mind that this happened in 2007,when there was no pressure to release anyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/24/2009, 9:09 am

You honestly think that the reason to hate us is that he was held in Gitmo? Seriously???
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/24/2009, 9:55 am

Ohhmama wrote:
You honestly think that the reason to hate us is that he was held in Gitmo? Seriously???

Yes,I do. Wouldn't you be pretty pissed off if you were innocent and held for 6 years,with no family or legal contact permitted,and possibly tortured? His story would fit in perfectly for Al-Quaeda recruiting propaganda.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/24/2009, 10:13 am

Pissed off- yes, pissed off enought to become a terrorist- no.

By the way he wasn't "just let go", he was released into a "Saudi jihadi re-education program" which he fled to perform bombings.

Here is another site that tells of what he is accused of:
Quote :
According to the Defense Department, al-Shihri was stopped at a Pakistani border crossing in December 2001 with injuries from an airstrike and recuperated at a hospital. Within days of his release, he became one of the first detainees sent to Guantanamo.

Al-Shihri allegedly traveled to Afghanistan after the Sept. 11 attacks, provided money to other fighters and trained in urban warfare at a camp north of Kabul, according to a summary of the evidence against him from U.S. military review panels at Guantanamo.

He also was accused of meeting extremists in Iran and briefing them on how to enter Afghanistan, according to the documents.

Al-Shihri, however, said he traveled to Iran to buy carpets. He said he felt bin Laden had no business representing Islam, denied any links to terrorism and expressed interest in rejoining his family.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090123/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_yemen_al_qaida

Buying carpets...I'll have to remember that one if I ever get pulled over...lol...
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/24/2009, 1:30 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

His story would fit in perfectly for Al-Quaeda recruiting propaganda.
No, Artie; his story fits in perfectly with Keith Olbermann's, and your, propaganda.
Jesus H. You people never quit, do you?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/25/2009, 6:06 pm

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=NTNiMjQzODZiNWIwMDk2MjkwZmEyNmU5ZjYxYmYzNWY=&w=MQ==

The executive orders President Obama signed Thursday regarding the detention and interrogation of detainees in the War on Terror reflect an emerging Obama style: What is said is more rhetorical than illuminating—and what is most important is left unsaid.
Now responsible for national security, Obama has come around to the understanding that there are people who, though known to pose grave danger, cannot be tried because our intelligence is not usable in civilian court. So while his administration studies this conundrum, he will continue to hold those detainees indefinitely. And though he will burn up the diplomatic phone lines trying to repatriate them, Obama must realize that other countries are not tripping over themselves to take on the vexing problems he’d like to unload.
We’d love to close Guantanamo, but we can’t right now; we’d love to transfer detainees out of Guantanamo, but other countries don’t want them; we’d love to give every detainee a civilian trial, but we don’t have enough evidence; we’d love to release the detainees we can’t charge with crimes, but our intelligence tells us they’re dangerous, so doing so would be irresponsible; and we’d love to stick to the highly civilized, detainee-friendly interrogation practices approved by the Army Field Manual, but every now and then there may be an emergency when something more severe is warranted.

Underneath all the lofty rhetoric, we’re gratified to see that this is change George W. Bush could believe in.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/26/2009, 9:05 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

No, Artie; his story fits in perfectly with Keith Olbermann's, and your, propaganda.

And in your world the guy goes home after 6 yrs in captivity without charges being filed and says "No problem"?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/26/2009, 9:29 am

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

And in your world the guy goes home after 6 yrs in captivity without charges being filed and says "No problem"?

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/26/2009, 9:45 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

You are sure?
You are sure?

Quote :

You did not answer my question.
What is this 'plan' that apparently only you and the Messiah are aware of?
It's safe to tell everyone now, Artie; he's already been safely inaugurated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/26/2009, 3:34 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

Like Is aid earlier in this thread, lets ask the USS Cole bombers how well the Yemeni's are treating them in prison....oh wait they have to recatch them first, since their own people helped them escape
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/26/2009, 4:18 pm

Ohhmana, how is closing Gitmo all of a sudden an idea that becomes or is labeled as a terrorist sympathizer?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty1/26/2009, 4:30 pm

Face wrote:
Ohhmana, how is closing Gitmo all of a sudden an idea that becomes or is labeled as a terrorist sympathizer?
I think Ohhmama and I both were referring to Artie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay   Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama draft order calls for closing Guantanamo Bay
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next