Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Obama's Mustache

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sparks

Obama's Mustache Empty
PostSubject: Obama's Mustache   Obama's Mustache Empty8/1/2009, 8:17 pm

After seeing this blog entry by professor Eisenstein of PUC, I had to comment on it.
Eisenstein's blog wrote:
It is now official. The President of the United States Barak Hussein Obama has come out of the religious closet and decided out himself as an official Muslim by growing a mustache for his speech to the Muslim Nation. He has now officially acknowledged and signaled to the Arab Muslims that he is one of them.
After reading this moronic post, I think the only rational course of action is to write a letter to Purdue's trustees expressing dismay that they are employing someone like professor Eisenstein to teach at a state university.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Obama's Mustache Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Mustache   Obama's Mustache Empty8/1/2009, 8:47 pm

He's really gone off the deep end Shocked
Back to top Go down

Obama's Mustache Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Mustache   Obama's Mustache Empty8/2/2009, 8:20 am

sparks wrote:
After seeing this blog entry by professor Eisenstein of PUC, I had to comment on it.
Eisenstein's blog wrote:
It is now official. The President of the United States Barak Hussein Obama has come out of the religious closet and decided out himself as an official Muslim by growing a mustache for his speech to the Muslim Nation. He has now officially acknowledged and signaled to the Arab Muslims that he is one of them.
After reading this moronic post, I think the only rational course of action is to write a letter to Purdue's trustees expressing dismay that they are employing someone like professor Eisenstein to teach at a state university.
Posted on June 4, 2009...once again sparks, a day (two months) late and a dollar short...why would you blow the whistle on someone exercising their constitutional right of Free Speech? Now the Trustees at PUC will know you are a troll...
Back to top Go down
KarenT

Obama's Mustache Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Mustache   Obama's Mustache Empty8/2/2009, 9:16 am

When my dad grew a mustache in 1968, I didn't even know what a Muslin was! He though it made him look like some one famous, and got upset when I asked. "Who????" like 8 year olds will.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Obama's Mustache Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Mustache   Obama's Mustache Empty8/2/2009, 11:00 am

LoisLane wrote:
Posted on June 4, 2009...once again sparks, a day (two months) late and a dollar short...

It's his latest post. Sparks may have just found out about it,just like I did.

Quote :
why would you blow the whistle on someone exercising their constitutional right of Free Speech? Now the Trustees at PUC will know you are a troll...

So in your twisted world the Prof is "exercising their constitutional right of Free Speech",yet if Sparks is offended by it and chooses to complain about it,he's the bad guy? Rolling Eyes Do you realize how silly this makes you look?
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

Obama's Mustache Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Mustache   Obama's Mustache Empty8/7/2009, 1:52 am

sparks wrote:
Eisenstein's blog wrote:

Part of the college experience is thinking for yourself. I've had the privilege of being exposed to professors like Eisenstein. The last thing PUC needs to do is shelter students from people like this. They exist. I've had really kooky conservatives and really kooky liberals for professors.
Back to top Go down

Obama's Mustache Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Mustache   Obama's Mustache Empty8/7/2009, 6:57 am

paul87920 wrote:
sparks wrote:
Eisenstein's blog wrote:

Part of the college experience is thinking for yourself. I've had the privilege of being exposed to professors like Eisenstein. The last thing PUC needs to do is shelter students from people like this. They exist. I've had really kooky conservatives and really kooky liberals for professors.
sparks would never be aware of the "diverse opinion".
Back to top Go down
sparks

Obama's Mustache Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Mustache   Obama's Mustache Empty8/7/2009, 7:37 am

paul87920 wrote:
sparks wrote:
Eisenstein's blog wrote:

So where do you draw the line as far as what a professor is allowed to espouse? Would it be OK with you if your tuiton dollars went to pay the salary of a teacher who openly advocated violently overthrowing our government, mass genocide to fix overpopulation, terrorist bombing as a form of political opposition? The purpose of education is to learn from people who have more knowledge in a particular field. A professor who believes wild conspiracy theories that have no basis in reality and publishes them on the internet shouldn't be employed at a state university,IMO. I would have been very disappointed if my tuition dollars went to classes where the only thing I learned is that some people are whack jobs. I could watch Fox news and learn that lesson for free.
Back to top Go down

Obama's Mustache Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Mustache   Obama's Mustache Empty8/7/2009, 7:57 am

sparks wrote:
paul87920 wrote:
sparks wrote:
Eisenstein's blog wrote:

So where do you draw the line as far as what a professor is allowed to espouse? Would it be OK with you if your tuiton dollars went to pay the salary of a teacher who openly advocated violently overthrowing our government, mass genocide to fix overpopulation, terrorist bombing as a form of political opposition? The purpose of education is to learn from people who have more knowledge in a particular field. A professor who believes wild conspiracy theories that have no basis in reality and publishes them on the internet shouldn't be employed at a state university,IMO. I would have been very disappointed if my tuition dollars went to classes where the only thing I learned is that some people are whack jobs. I could watch Fox news and learn that lesson for free.
If you ever attended a "liberal" college, you would know that professors like this are rather common...and you can take them or leave them. I doubt very much that you attended any more than a community college.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

Obama's Mustache Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Mustache   Obama's Mustache Empty8/7/2009, 11:52 am

sparks wrote:

I think they should be able to say whatever they wish, leaving it up to the administration to decide what's appropriate and what's not as a representative of their institution, but only for speech done as a representative of their institution. I have no problem with a creationist teaching biology, so long as they're teaching it right. But if they are teaching nutty, conspiracy theory nonsense in the classroom, they are going to have problems.
Back to top Go down

Obama's Mustache Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Mustache   Obama's Mustache Empty8/7/2009, 12:19 pm

What's the big deal? So long as he doesn't claim that he represents Purdue Calumet, it's no different than the drivel we post on this board. Does your employer (not you Artie) care what you post here? Probably not...
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

Obama's Mustache Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Mustache   Obama's Mustache Empty8/7/2009, 12:29 pm

LoisLane wrote:
What's the big deal? So long as he doesn't claim that he represents Purdue Calumet, it's no different than the drivel we post on this board.

I think it is a big deal, actually. Most of the blogs that I read are science based, and written by people either teaching or working in the field. Of the ones that are not written under a pseudonym, they all make it quite clear at the front that they do not speak on behalf of their employers. I don't think it would be so prevalent if it were so unnecessary. I think it's done so a third party doesn't mistakenly quote them as a representative of the organization they work for, which is something that is very difficult to repair once it happens, especially if the one quoting doesn't care about facts and getting the context of your quote right.

Quote :
It was not enough to interject some idiocy into the middle of the quote and get the details wrong. Beck cut me off in the middle of the argument. Then he summarized my position quite wrongly.

. . .

Then Beck announced that "Scientists believe that saying Al Gore exaggerates is equal to killing 1,000 people". This has become the headline propagated hither and yon around the world. It has no resemblance to my actual beliefs and is a very unfair representation of what I said. To make matters worse, the accompanying commentary usually comes attached not only to myself but also to the name of my employer, embarrassing and damaging the institution along with myself.
Back to top Go down

Obama's Mustache Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Mustache   Obama's Mustache Empty8/7/2009, 12:48 pm

Heretic wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
What's the big deal? So long as he doesn't claim that he represents Purdue Calumet, it's no different than the drivel we post on this board.

I think it is a big deal, actually. Most of the blogs that I read are science based, and written by people either teaching or working in the field. Of the ones that are not written under a pseudonym, they all make it quite clear at the front that they do not speak on behalf of their employers. I don't think it would be so prevalent if it were so unnecessary. I think it's done so a third party doesn't mistakenly quote them as a representative of the organization they work for, which is something that is very difficult to repair once it happens, especially if the one quoting doesn't care about facts and getting the context of your quote right.

Quote :
It was not enough to interject some idiocy into the middle of the quote and get the details wrong. Beck cut me off in the middle of the argument. Then he summarized my position quite wrongly.

. . .

Then Beck announced that "Scientists believe that saying Al Gore exaggerates is equal to killing 1,000 people". This has become the headline propagated hither and yon around the world. It has no resemblance to my actual beliefs and is a very unfair representation of what I said. To make matters worse, the accompanying commentary usually comes attached not only to myself but also to the name of my employer, embarrassing and damaging the institution along with myself.
If it was/is a big deal, I would assume there would be lines wrapped around the Anderson Building anticipating lawsuits...I'm sure it's nothing.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

Obama's Mustache Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Mustache   Obama's Mustache Empty8/7/2009, 2:57 pm

While lawsuits and terminations are certainly not unlikely, I think a tarnished image and subsequent loss of revenue for the institution in question would be the far more likely outcome.
Back to top Go down

Obama's Mustache Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Mustache   Obama's Mustache Empty8/7/2009, 5:14 pm

Heretic wrote:
While lawsuits and terminations are certainly not unlikely, I think a tarnished image and subsequent loss of revenue for the institution in question would be the far more likely outcome.
Tarnish the image of the institution? My alma mater (University of Illinois) is taking a rap on the knuckles right now, with the corruption brought on by political influence. I think it will survive, and I'm sure PUC will, too...
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

Obama's Mustache Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Mustache   Obama's Mustache Empty8/8/2009, 12:35 am

sparks wrote:
paul87920 wrote:
sparks wrote:
Eisenstein's blog wrote:

I draw the line when I feel I haven't learned the necessary class material. I had a geomorphology course where the professor ran his mouth and made wild accusations about the school's administration. I walked out knowing geomorphology. No big deal. I can't speak for PUC but at VU we evaluate the professor at the end of the semester. I don't have issue with you alerting PUC to Eisenstein's rants. I don't think he should lose his job over it if his students are leaving the classroom knowledgeable to the courses he's teaching.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Obama's Mustache Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Mustache   Obama's Mustache Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama's Mustache
Page 1 of 1