Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Woodmar crime watch 1/20/2009

Go down 
+3
Artie60438
BigWhiteGuy
sparks
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
voter3

Woodmar crime watch 1/20/2009 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodmar crime watch 1/20/2009   Woodmar crime watch 1/20/2009 - Page 2 Empty1/23/2009, 10:35 pm

believe it or not they would rather not tow your vehicle
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: Woodmar crime watch 1/20/2009   Woodmar crime watch 1/20/2009 - Page 2 Empty1/24/2009, 4:24 am

Bill B wrote:
voter3 wrote:
Bill if the car runs just move it out of the way. There is an ordinance that puts cars on one side of the road on odd days and the other side on even days during snow events. Mostly if people cooperate it doesnt need to be enforced.

After the broke down piece of junk across the street is towed, and that side of the street plowed I'll move all my vehicles like I usually do.As a matter of fact, I'll move my truck in the morning

pm me an address and description of the car, and ill report it if you like. otherwise you can call the non emergency pd number and report it, and im sure it will get ticketed soon as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Woodmar crime watch 1/20/2009   Woodmar crime watch 1/20/2009 - Page 2 Empty1/24/2009, 12:20 pm

It's already tagged oracle.
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: Woodmar crime watch 1/20/2009   Woodmar crime watch 1/20/2009 - Page 2 Empty1/24/2009, 9:56 pm

And now they parked in front of your house?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Woodmar crime watch 1/20/2009   Woodmar crime watch 1/20/2009 - Page 2 Empty1/24/2009, 10:51 pm

voter3 wrote:
And now they parked in front of your house?

miracle of miracles, one of them staggered out of the house this evening, got in it and drove away cheers
Proll'y wentto the likker store so they wouldn't run out tommorrow.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Woodmar crime watch 1/20/2009   Woodmar crime watch 1/20/2009 - Page 2 Empty1/25/2009, 7:42 am

You Hoosiers need to start embracing the "Dibs" system
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Woodmar crime watch 1/20/2009   Woodmar crime watch 1/20/2009 - Page 2 Empty1/29/2009, 10:32 pm

Oh Artie, you just brought back memories of the "Dibs System!"

I resided in Hegewisch, once upon a time, between '98 and 2004. It was custom to go shovel out your spot...if you had dignity, you don't throw out a worn-out mattress, an old end table, picnic table, or a couple of coolers.

First of all, they steal that crap. Lastly, the inconsiderate idiot will take your spot, knowing damn well that lawn chair or cooler can come in handy in the summer. The street looked like an open flea market. You could go up and down and shovel neighbors' curbs, especially the elderly, but could also bank on someone boarding a train in Hegewisch to use your spot with the junk on the city parkway, when you returned home from work, or wherever.

Since there are no real threats of outsiders coming into Hammond or Hessville, or whatever to use that shoveled space, it is really depresing to see what the heck people would throw out there to preserve the space you just shoveled.

I don't think it is a problem in this area. Only near railroad tracks for residents, where the outsiders come in to park for free, instead of utilizing the commuters' parking lot where they have to pay for the day.

In that case, seeing the sort of stuff people throw in the streets to preserve their space they cleared, Mayor Daley years ago approved it. I was against it...it was a horrible sight to walk out your door with lawn chairs, dressers, beat up furniture, matresses, unblievable things people normally would throw in the garbage.

Only to see it lay in the parkways long after the snow melted and most of us picked it up ourselves and threw it in their lawns to get rid of the crap by the streets, to force the homeowners to move it to the alleys. It was a pain in the butt, but most of the time, a small cone would do the job of warning you not to park there.

If you think it's ok to throw out pieces of furniture, garbage crap, to mark your space, then move to Chicago. It's a matter of respect, and yes, you may encounter violators with no respect, but it's a small inconvenience compared to looking down, block after block of all sorts of garbage to defend your spot. I parked many times far away, after some lazy idiot found my spot cleared.

You would not want to see people put out stuff that would just make the neighborhood look junky, no way. By the way, there were NO driveways on my block, and it was two blocks away from the Hegewisch train station. Out of towners would grab your place if you left before they got there; it was AWFUL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woodmar crime watch 1/20/2009   Woodmar crime watch 1/20/2009 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Woodmar crime watch 1/20/2009
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2