Let Freedom Reign!


 
HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Hate Crime Dilemma

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6026

PostSubject: Hate Crime Dilemma   4/25/2011, 9:41 pm

Oh, Lord.
However will liberals deal with this particular hate crime?
An altercation between members of two protected groups – who is the real victim here?
Is it the transgendered person, who deserves sympathy for being sexually confused and misunderstood by society?
Or is it the oppressed blacks, who did what they did because they didn’t know any better because Ronald Reagan forced the CIA to sell crack in the housing projects?
Heads may explode on this one.



http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1379691/Transgender-girl-beaten-seizure-McDonalds-attack-victim-hate-crime.html
'Everyone sat there and watched me get hurt': Victim of McDonald's beating speaks out as fast-food giant goes into damage control
By Paul Bentley
Last updated at 11:53 AM on 24th April 2011


• Transgender woman, 22, tells of brutal attack
• 'They were kicking me in the face'
• Restaurant owner says worker who filmed attack has been fired and other staff face discipline
• McDonald's says incident is 'disturbing and troubling'
• Police consider charging black girls with racist hate crime
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3114

PostSubject: Re: Hate Crime Dilemma   4/25/2011, 10:23 pm

I think charges for a hate crime are unlikely here.
Back to top Go down
KarenT



Posts : 1328

PostSubject: Re: Hate Crime Dilemma   4/26/2011, 7:07 am

Actually, the ex-employee who filmed the attack looks transgendered. I think the victim is the person who was beaten. From what was said (I didn't watch the whole video), it doesn't seem racially motivated.
Back to top Go down
chuckmo48

avatar

Posts : 286

PostSubject: Re: Hate Crime Dilemma   4/26/2011, 9:51 am

happy jack wrote:
Oh, Lord.
However will liberals deal with this particular hate crime?
An altercation between members of two protected groups – who is the real victim here?
Is it the transgendered person, who deserves sympathy for being sexually confused and misunderstood by society?
Or is it the oppressed blacks, who did what they did because they didn’t know any better because Ronald Reagan forced the CIA to sell crack in the housing projects?
Heads may explode on this one.
Where does your logic come from...You must make this stuff up while you are typing. You have so much fear and anxiety... (and it has been medically proven that neos brains are hard wired that way)
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6026

PostSubject: Re: Hate Crime Dilemma   4/26/2011, 9:54 am

KarenT wrote:
Actually, the ex-employee who filmed the attack looks transgendered. I think the victim is the person who was beaten. From what was said (I didn't watch the whole video), it doesn't seem racially motivated.
Just like all so-called hate crimes, we only need to pretend to know what was going through the mind of the alleged perpetrator for it to be true.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6026

PostSubject: Re: Hate Crime Dilemma   4/26/2011, 10:11 am

chuckmo48 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Oh, Lord.
However will liberals deal with this particular hate crime?
An altercation between members of two protected groups – who is the real victim here?
Is it the transgendered person, who deserves sympathy for being sexually confused and misunderstood by society?
Or is it the oppressed blacks, who did what they did because they didn’t know any better because Ronald Reagan forced the CIA to sell crack in the housing projects?
Heads may explode on this one.
Where does your logic come from...You must make this stuff up while you are typing. You have so much fear and anxiety... (and it has been medically proven that neos brains are hard wired that way)
Fear and anxiety?
Regarding this topic, exactly what do I appear to be afraid of?
Do you make this stuff up while you are typing?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9393

PostSubject: Re: Hate Crime Dilemma   4/26/2011, 10:25 am

chuckmo48 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
[b]Oh, Lord.
However will liberals deal with this particular hate crime?
An altercation between members of two protected groups – who is the real victim here?
Is it the transgendered person, who deserves sympathy for being sexually confused and misunderstood by society?
Or is it the oppressed blacks, who did what they did because they didn’t know any better because Ronald Reagan forced the CIA to sell crack in the housing projects?
Heads may explode on this one.[/b
Where does your logic come from...You must make this stuff up while you are typing.
I say Planet Wingnuttia,but who knows Very Happy
Quote :
You have so much fear and anxiety... (and it has been medically proven that neos brains are hard wired that way)
Ha!
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6026

PostSubject: Re: Hate Crime Dilemma   4/26/2011, 11:40 am

chuckmo48 wrote:
... (and it has been medically proven that neos brains are hard wired that way)[/color]
No, actually, it hasn't.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9393

PostSubject: Re: Hate Crime Dilemma   4/26/2011, 1:02 pm

happy jack wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
... (and it has been medically proven that neos brains are hard wired that way)[/color]
[b]No, actually, it hasn't.[/b
You sure about that? Laughing
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6026

PostSubject: Re: Hate Crime Dilemma   4/26/2011, 2:42 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
... (and it has been medically proven that neos brains are hard wired that way)[/color]
No, actually, it hasn't.[/b
You sure about that? Laughing
Yes, I’m quite sure about that.
I’m assuming that you were rubbing your hands together in anticipation of showing me the study below for your ‘gotcha’ moment.
Too bad.
A single study comprised of 90 test subjects is not medical ‘proof’ of anything.


http://www.smartplanet.com/technology/blog/rethinking-healthcare/gray-matter-liberal-brains-vs-conservative-brains/3896/
Gray matter: liberal brains vs. conservative brains
By Janet Fang | Apr 7, 2011 | 37 Comments
………
Ryota Kanai and colleagues from University College London recruited 90 young adults, who had to rate their political philosophy from very liberal to very conservative.
Then the researchers used magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to look inside their brains.
• Liberals tended to have a larger anterior cingulate cortex – an area that becomes active in situations involving conflict or uncertainty. Having a higher capacity to tolerate those kinds of things could allow individuals to accept more liberal views, the authors suggest.
• Conservatives tended to have a larger right amygdala – a region involved in detecting threats and responding to fearful stimuli. People with this brain structure are likely more sensitive to disgust and threatening facial expressions and tend to “respond to threatening situations with more aggression,” the study says.


………
However, the findings don’t mean political views are hard-wired into the brain.
………




Conservatives tended to have a larger right amygdala – a region involved in detecting threats and responding to fearful stimuli.

If true, then this simply means that conservatives are more likely than liberals to survive in the real world.
Not to worry, though, Artie - you and your fellow liberals don't tend to live in the real world anyway.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9393

PostSubject: Re: Hate Crime Dilemma   4/26/2011, 2:56 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

[b]No, actually, it hasn't.[/b
You sure about that? Laughing
Yes, I’m quite sure about that.
I’m assuming that you were rubbing your hands together in anticipation of showing me the study below for your ‘gotcha’ moment.
Too bad.
Obviously I did know about the study but chose to wait and see if you could find it. You did. Congrats cheers
Quote :
A single study comprised of 90 test subjects is not medical ‘proof’ of anything.[/b
Can you point me to any studies that say different?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6026

PostSubject: Re: Hate Crime Dilemma   4/26/2011, 3:13 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
You sure about that? Laughing
Yes, I’m quite sure about that.
I’m assuming that you were rubbing your hands together in anticipation of showing me the study below for your ‘gotcha’ moment.
Too bad.
Obviously I did know about the study but chose to wait and see if you could find it. You did. Congrats cheers
Quote :
A single study comprised of 90 test subjects is not medical ‘proof’ of anything.[/b
Can you point me to any studies that say different?
The question you should be asking is not, "Do any studies say different?" You should be asking, "Have any studies been undertaken in order to validate the conclusions of the first study?"
And you should have asked that question before embarrassing yourself by publicly asserting as fact the findings of one flimsy study.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9393

PostSubject: Re: Hate Crime Dilemma   4/26/2011, 6:54 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Can you point me to any studies that say different?
[b]The question you should be asking is not, "Do any studies say different?" You should be asking, "Have any studies been undertaken in order to validate the conclusions of the first study?"
And you should have asked that question before embarrassing yourself by publicly asserting as fact the findings of one flimsy study.[/b
Why on earth would I be embarrassed? The study has not been proven wrong as of now. What is truly odd is that you totally condemn it without offering the slightest bit of proof otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3114

PostSubject: Re: Hate Crime Dilemma   4/27/2011, 8:57 am

Artie60438 wrote:
The study has not been proven wrong as of now.

Not exactly, but happy's right. A lone study does little without corroboration, least of all correlative studies such as this. They make interesting pop science reads, but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
UrRight



Posts : 3993

PostSubject: Re: Hate Crime Dilemma   4/27/2011, 2:29 pm

I still don't get this thread.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6026

PostSubject: Re: Hate Crime Dilemma   4/27/2011, 8:48 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

Why on earth would I be embarrassed?
You're right - you probably wouldn't.
Had I done the same thing, though, I would have been embarrassed.
But I have high standards, and a capacity to feel shame.
Back to top Go down
Robin Banks

avatar

Posts : 1545

PostSubject: Re: Hate Crime Dilemma   4/27/2011, 10:12 pm

UrRight wrote:
I still don't get this thread.


It's about Mexicans.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6026

PostSubject: Re: Hate Crime Dilemma   4/28/2011, 4:21 am

Robin Banks wrote:
UrRight wrote:
I still don't get this thread.


It's about Mexicans.
Transgendered Mexicans.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6026

PostSubject: Re: Hate Crime Dilemma   4/28/2011, 9:47 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

Why on earth would I be embarrassed? The study has not been proven wrong as of now. What is truly odd is that you totally condemn it without offering the slightest bit of proof otherwise.

Artie:
Does the below exchange remind you of anyone in particular?


Mary Mapes, the producer fired from CBS News for her role in the 60 Minutes story about President Bush's National Guard service, wrote a book to explain her side of the story. On the November 9, 2005 Good Morning America, Brian Ross and Mapes got into the question of the documents and whether the responsibility was to prove the documents authentic before airing the story, or if any documents could be used until someone else proved them to be false. Mapes maintained that "I'm perfectly willing to believe those documents are forgeries if there's proof that I haven't seen."
But when Ross asked, "isn't it the other way around? Don't you have to prove they're authentic?", Mapes contended: "Well, I think that's what critics of the story would say. I know more now than I did then and I think, I think they have not been proved to be false, yet." Ross pointed out: "Have they proved to be authentic though? Isn't that really what journalists do?" Mapes insisted: "No, I don't think that's the standard."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hate Crime Dilemma   

Back to top Go down
 
Hate Crime Dilemma
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: