Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Crime watch

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sparks

Crime watch Empty
PostSubject: Crime watch   Crime watch Empty9/16/2009, 6:36 am

This story from the Times yesterday shows how important the knowledge that you learn from crime watches can be. This woman had no idea what to do when assailants tried to carjack her and could have lost her life as a result. During an attempted carjacking in Schachler a couple evenings ago, this woman drove her car into the garage. That was the worst thing she could have done. She's lucky she wasn't kidnapped or killed.
Quote :
The 45-year-old woman was on her way home at 7:15 p.m. when she was saw four teenaged boys standing in the middle of the street in the 1000 block of 177th Place trying to flag her down, according to Hammond police Lt. Richard Hoyda. The woman did not stop and told police she was afraid she was going to hit the group.

She drove past them and into her alley, hoping to get into her garage with the four running after her car and yelling at her, she told police.

She got into her garage and tried to close the door, but two of the teens followed her. Hoyda said one of the teens came to the driver's side window, pointed a gun at her and told her to turn over her keys. Another teen came to the passenger side window and told her to give him her purse.
Back to top Go down

Crime watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crime watch   Crime watch Empty9/16/2009, 4:46 pm

P.P.P.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Crime watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crime watch   Crime watch Empty9/16/2009, 6:07 pm

Bill B wrote:
P.P.P.

What does PPP mean? As far as what you stated Sparks, my house was robbed. I had the criminal in my car. Willing to confess to the cop(s), only told to take him home for the Prosecutor to call him, and analyze him over the phone. The family left. It wasn't about trying to help the youth out on Veteran's Day last year, that wanted to rake my lawn. I didn't have the money until Friday.

He repeatedly knocked on the door. Oh, I'm stupid for wanting to help out a kid that appeared to be off the day from school.

It isn't about that...I dragged that kid around, willing to confess who the two others he tipped off to rip the house off and drug him around and he even pointed out a cop at the BP station, on my way to the cop station, bluffing him that I wouldn't press charges if he turned in the other two.

Only after a week of three visits with serial numbers, the greeter in the cop station only took down one serial number. I emailed through GOHammond to the chief what was happening. I knew before they did that the family disappeared overnight.

Did they bother about the white van in front with one IL license plate? No. Did they follow up in a timely manner? NO. When I confronted the detectives, they told me "Quit talking, the longer you talk, the longer we can't investigate!" They flew out, like they were going straight to the thief's house...and guess what...I saw the two just stopping cars along the way to issue tickets.

Then they had the nerve when I contacted the chief, that the culprits moved out overnight, (I did not give up my fight, nor was I afraid), they called my son, my sister-in-law, asking if I was psycho, asking if I was a nut..

I peeled out after that. You can host all the neighborhood watches you want..I went to the neighborhood rep in my neighborhood and not an answer after I wrote him a note. As a result, I don't believe in neighborhood watches after what I went through. I dare you guys to continue relying on them, stick the thief in your car, drive him to a cop, only to be told to drive him home so a "Prosecutor" can call him. As I said before, you can't monitor whether they lied, their body language, or who answered the phone for them.

It wasn't about the stupid crap stolen from the house...it was the point where you can attend all the neighborhood watch meetings you want. And you can do like me...make sure there isn't no one home, nothing replenished of what they stole, and not be surprised with what Sparks stated above.

I can't think of anything so dubious as to present a criminal on a Friday, Saturday, and riding in my car, being ignored. Now you wonder why the beat goes on.

They got away before...they just pack up when the cops come near and relocate. By the way, hope they are enjoying the DELL computer that is worthless, no matter who you steal it from. That's how stupid they are.

So is the chief and the cops. You can't pay me to move back there,
Back to top Go down
sparks

Crime watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crime watch   Crime watch Empty9/16/2009, 6:57 pm

I've always heard it expressed as the six P's, Proper Planning Prevents P-ss Poor Performance. At the next community watch meeting, I plan on asking if a person who is being carjacked by an armed assailant can legally shoot the carjacker or run them over. At a prior meeting, Chief Miller did give a pretty detailed explanation about shooting an intruder, however he was talking about a someone who was defending themself in their own home.
Back to top Go down

Crime watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crime watch   Crime watch Empty9/16/2009, 11:09 pm

Personal Protection Permit aka Concealed Carry Permit.
More important is the training to make effective use of what I carry.
Although Indiana doesn't yet (to my knowledge) have a "castle doctrine" law, the state courts have generally been supportive of your right to protect yourself in your home without any of that "duty to retreat" crap they have elsewhere.
One more reason to not live in illinois
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Crime watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crime watch   Crime watch Empty9/17/2009, 8:05 pm

It just happened in Aurora, a woman with a five month old baby, entering her garage. Getting hijaced for the vehicle, taking the parent/child with them. Demanding ransom.

I'm getting a stimun-gun. This is the new trend?

Mess with me, and you'll not only get stunned, you'll get pepper spray in your eyes. Ten I get to kick you in the "OOOOOWHOIEIEEE" place, so much, that you may not have enough left to pee with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crime watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crime watch   Crime watch Empty

Back to top Go down

Crime watch
Page 1 of 1