Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

looks like team schammond has a new stooge!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
the oracle

the oracle

looks like team schammond has a new stooge! Empty
PostSubject: looks like team schammond has a new stooge!   looks like team schammond has a new stooge! Empty1/17/2009, 1:01 pm

http://www.in.gov/legislative/bills/2009/IN/IN1631.1.html

Citations Affected: IC 36-1-20.

Synopsis: Regulation of residential landlords/tenants. Imposes certain procedural requirements on the adoption by a political subdivision of a regulation of landlord tenant relations, residential leases, or inspection of real property subject to a residential lease. Provides that such a regulation may not: (1) require the licensing or registration of owners of residential rental property; or (2) impose a fee for certain inspections. Provides that such a regulation may not authorize investigation or inspection of a rental unit without probable cause.

so who is this bardon stillwell? anybody?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: looks like team schammond has a new stooge!   looks like team schammond has a new stooge! Empty1/17/2009, 1:27 pm

Jeb Bardon,(Democrat) is a State Rep. out of Indianapolis and Russ Stilwell (Democrat) is a State Rep. out of Boonville.

Would concerns for public safety qualify as probable cause?

http://www.in.gov/legislative/house_democrats/bardon_index.html

http://www.in.gov/legislative/house_democrats/stilwell_index.html
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: looks like team schammond has a new stooge!   looks like team schammond has a new stooge! Empty1/17/2009, 2:40 pm

Seems we are ruffling some feathers...

What a shame they want a law to be allowed to put peoples lives at risk.

If this ever passes we will be back to writing citations for no address on your garage!
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: looks like team schammond has a new stooge!   looks like team schammond has a new stooge! Empty1/17/2009, 9:22 pm

thanks for the info on the two. they sound like confederate civil war general names.

i dont see that bill passing. but ill make sure to urge some legislative friends to aim to kill it just the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: looks like team schammond has a new stooge!   looks like team schammond has a new stooge! Empty1/18/2009, 1:26 am

Makes me wonder how often their rental properties have been cited.
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: looks like team schammond has a new stooge!   looks like team schammond has a new stooge! Empty1/18/2009, 11:17 pm

I would hope that it never comes out...sort of like the illegal immigrant bill from last year

Fact is the problem that Hammond has with illegal housing is not just a local issue. I would expect to hear of more communities toughening up their ordinances on rentals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: looks like team schammond has a new stooge!   looks like team schammond has a new stooge! Empty1/19/2009, 9:33 am

I'm all for inspections, if probable cause exists.

I do not know what it would take for Hammond to actually inspect, but if it only takes 1 complaint, I am leery of that being used as justification. If there are more than say 3 separate complaints(from 3 different people), I feel that probable cause is warranted
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: looks like team schammond has a new stooge!   looks like team schammond has a new stooge! Empty1/19/2009, 3:43 pm

It would be hard to get three people to complain about the interior conditions of a house unless they all lived there. We always take tenant complaints of landlords seriously but also understand that in many cases the complaints are coming from unhappy tenants. I would hate to not inspect a complaint of lack of heat waiting for the other two people to call and have someone freeze to death or start a fire with alternate heating sources.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looks like team schammond has a new stooge!   looks like team schammond has a new stooge! Empty

Back to top Go down

looks like team schammond has a new stooge!
Page 1 of 1