Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

team landlord meeting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sparks

team landlord meeting Empty
PostSubject: team landlord meeting   team landlord meeting Empty1/24/2009, 6:19 am

Team landlord has a meeting this Tuesday at 7 pm at the Woodmar Methodist church. Christine Cid will be the guest speaker.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: team landlord meeting   team landlord meeting Empty1/24/2009, 9:15 am

ms cid must be wary of speaking in public. i believe this is the only place in the county she could go to find a smaller audience than the regular county council meetings to speak at.
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: team landlord meeting   team landlord meeting Empty1/24/2009, 10:18 am

Kind of like getting a tetanus shot. You only have to do it every ten years to get the benefit. In this case a little support from a bunch of landlords.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: team landlord meeting   team landlord meeting Empty1/27/2009, 8:30 pm

How many showed up in the pews?
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: team landlord meeting   team landlord meeting Empty1/28/2009, 4:17 am

well. nobody i know seems to have any info on it. so im guessing not many.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: team landlord meeting   team landlord meeting Empty1/28/2009, 8:11 am

Quite a bit of people. All the seats were filled. I would say that there was an easy 70+ people. There were some people from Munster, Highland, and Gary in attendance.
I had never met Ms. Cid before, and I am glad I had an opportunity to meet her, and hear her speak. She spoke about reducing the County budget.
FYI, this is the 1st meeting that I have gone to in several months. I am not a member of their group, and never have been. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Big Unit

PostSubject: Re: team landlord meeting   team landlord meeting Empty1/28/2009, 12:28 pm

They should invite Mayor Tom if they are seriously taxpayer concerned, he has been by far the most innovative leader of our area.
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: team landlord meeting   team landlord meeting Empty1/28/2009, 9:03 pm

Did they mention anything about having to provide tenant information?
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: team landlord meeting   team landlord meeting Empty1/29/2009, 4:19 am

thanks for the info tiger. dont worry. ill never consider you a as full blown team schammond member Very Happy

70 people is more than i would have thought they could get. but if it was people from the surrounding area as well as hammond then that isnt all together a bad thing. if that organization had made itself a county wide organization from the start. i dont think i would have had such a big problem with them from the beginning.

they seemed to have changed thier focus a bit, which is a good thing. when they fill a roll as a tax payers group in general and discuss or advocate issues. i have no problem with that. its when they play the roll as anti one person (official), which they did for three years until after the most recent election...well that's what i took a big issue over.
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: team landlord meeting   team landlord meeting Empty1/29/2009, 4:18 pm

No offense Tiger but I cant see that many people interested in what Ms.Cid has to say. I am sure any new attendees are temporary at best!!
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: team landlord meeting   team landlord meeting Empty1/29/2009, 5:55 pm

What's the agenda/purpose? I've yet to know why people have to congregate just because they are landlords...or is that the reason? If you are abiding by the laws and rules, why do you need a meeting of the "minds"?

Please explain to me what this troup is about. I can forsee homeowners congregating about certain things...but landlords? That is dealt on a one-on-one basis with the city and the city inspectors. Am I missing something here, if so, please inform me.

Why would you need to form an organization of landlords if you are in compliance with the laws of the city? To protest...what?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: team landlord meeting   team landlord meeting Empty1/30/2009, 8:15 am

UrRight, almost everyone there is a regular property owner, not a landlord. A lot of younger homeowners were in attendance, besides several Seniors. It was good to see a diversified crowd.

Oracle, I am not a member of any organization whatsoever, but I do attend diversified meetings of many. It is good to get info from various sources. I have been to Democratic, Republican, and non-political meetings of all kinds. I try to stay well-informed on as many issues as I can, that affect my community. I take in everything I see, hear, and read, with a grain of salt, and sort it all out for future use or reference.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: team landlord meeting   team landlord meeting Empty1/30/2009, 2:04 pm

Tiger, thanks, but why does everyone call it "Team Landlord," then? Got me confused a bit with that name when Sparks and everyone mentions it bt that name.

What are their objectives or purpose? Just curious. I was under the impression it was a team of landlords.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: team landlord meeting   team landlord meeting Empty1/30/2009, 2:52 pm

UrRight wrote:
Tiger, thanks, but why does everyone call it "Team Landlord," then? Got me confused a bit with that name when Sparks and everyone mentions it bt that name.

What are their objectives or purpose? Just curious. I was under the impression it was a team of landlords.

It has been nicknamed "Team Landlord" because the founder of this group,Wes Miller, who BTW is no longer involved with the day to day activities, was a landlord, as were a couple of other people. The head of the group now, is Jim Premeske who is an officer in the Knights Of Columbus, and Jim Sheehan, who is a retired banker. Other top people in the group are Joann Palko, a homeowner from Robertsdale who is their webmaster, and George Janiec, a community activist. NONE of these people mentioned are landlords, with the exception of Wes Miller, who is no longer active with the group.

This groups main objectives seems to be to inform the public about what is happening in their government, and to get them active in the government processes. Several members regularly go to the County Council meetings, besides the City Council meetings. They have also gone downstate on various issues, including the SCH new high school fiasco.

FTR, I have locked horns with Wes Miller on numerous occaisions, including live on Cable back a couple of years ago.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: team landlord meeting   team landlord meeting Empty1/30/2009, 3:21 pm

Team Hammond is the name of the award winning Hammond Robotics team.
http://hammond.k12.in.us/TeamHammond/
In order to avoid confusing this political group with Hammond's robotic team, many of the posters here refer to them as Team Landlord. A large part of their focus in the past has been to lower the property taxes on rental property.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: team landlord meeting   team landlord meeting Empty1/30/2009, 4:38 pm

Thanks, Sparks. That further clarifies it. Now I am all confused-free! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: team landlord meeting   team landlord meeting Empty

Back to top Go down

team landlord meeting
Page 1 of 1