Let Freedom Reign!


 
HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Libyan Embassy Attack

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/23/2012, 5:13 am

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Why do you think there is no rioting in the U.S.?

I know I've tried explaining it to you before... It has little to do with the religion and everything to do with the geopolitical reality they live in. There's no riots here because there's no reason to.



Imagine that you went out to a movie and when you came back home, you found that other people had moved into your house! What would you do? You’d call the police, right? You could always prove to a judge that the house belongs to you because it is registered as your property. So the police would arrest the home invaders and restore your property to you.



Since you put it that way, it kind of starts to make sense.
So, what you are saying is that the Palestinians feel the same way as the citizens of Arizona or Texas, right?
Back to top Go down
edge540

avatar

Posts : 1166

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/23/2012, 10:22 am

happy jack wrote:
Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Why do you think there is no rioting in the U.S.?

I know I've tried explaining it to you before... It has little to do with the religion and everything to do with the geopolitical reality they live in. There's no riots here because there's no reason to.



Imagine that you went out to a movie and when you came back home, you found that other people had moved into your house! What would you do? You’d call the police, right? You could always prove to a judge that the house belongs to you because it is registered as your property. So the police would arrest the home invaders and restore your property to you.



Since you put it that way, it kind of starts to make sense.
So, what you are saying is that the Palestinians feel the same way as the citizens of Arizona or Texas, right?

Wow, I didn't know that the citizens of Arizona and Texas are living in a slave-like state of no citizenship rights.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3100

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/24/2012, 10:31 am

Yeah, I don't think even he knows what he's talking about at this point...
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/24/2012, 3:11 pm

Heretic wrote:
Yeah, I don't think even he knows what he's talking about at this point...

Let's see if you know what you are talking about.

happy jack wrote:
Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Why do you think there is no rioting in the U.S.?

I know I've tried explaining it to you before... It has little to do with the religion and everything to do with the geopolitical reality they live in. There's no riots here because there's no reason to.

Any thoughts as to why Christians living in some of these Middle Eastern countries, under the same geopolitical conditions, are not behaving like Stone-Age savages over the Piss Christ exhibit or the portrait of the Virgin Mary covered in dung and vaginas?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/25/2012, 4:14 pm

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/us-president-speaks-un-about-youtube-video-posted-june

“There are no words that excuse the killing of innocents,” said Obama. “There is no video that justifies an attack on an embassy. There is no slander that provides an excuse for people to burn a restaurant in Lebanon, or destroy a school in Tunis, or cause death and destruction in Pakistan.”



Uh, .... Barry?
It appears that everybody but you realizes that the video did not cause the attack on the embassy. The fact that the attack was, by all accounts, well organized, long planned, involved al Qaeda, and occurred on the anniversary of 9/11 kind of demonstrates to normal people that there was a little more behind it than typical spontaneous Muslim overreaction to an insult to Islam.
We all understand that.
When will you get on board with those of us who are steeped in reality?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9366

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/25/2012, 6:03 pm

happy jack wrote:
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/us-president-speaks-un-about-youtube-video-posted-june

“There are no words that excuse the killing of innocents,” said Obama. “There is no video that justifies an attack on an embassy. There is no slander that provides an excuse for people to burn a restaurant in Lebanon, or destroy a school in Tunis, or cause death and destruction in Pakistan.”



[b]Uh, .... Barry?
It appears that everybody but you realizes that the video did not cause the attack on the embassy.
I see his speech went over your head. He never mentioned Libya specifically,he was talking embassies in general. You do realize that other embassies have been attacked this year,don't you? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_attacks_on_diplomatic_missions
Quote :
When will you get on board with those of us who are steeped in reality?
Maybe when you do some research instead of getting your talking points from the Fake News channel and right-wing hate radio.
Back to top Go down
edge540

avatar

Posts : 1166

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/25/2012, 6:31 pm

happy jack wrote:
It appears that everybody but you realizes that the video did not cause the attack on the embassy. The fact that the attack was, by all accounts, well organized, long planned, involved al Qaeda, and occurred on the anniversary of 9/11 kind of demonstrates to normal people that there was a little more behind it than typical spontaneous Muslim overreaction to an insult to Islam.
We all understand that.
When will you get on board with those of us who are steeped in reality?[/b]

Ah yes, let's see who is steeped in reality, shall we?

So what's causing the as you say, "ongoing mayhem across the Muslim world"?

You also said something about the "Middle East and its complete and total implosion" and "the Middle East is in a state of chaos."
Your words.

So please tell us jack, what's causing all that? Could it be the video?

BTW, you might want to check all those sources YOU gave us. Hope that helps. Watch that rake too.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/25/2012, 10:40 pm

edge540 wrote:
Ah yes, let's see who is steeped in reality, shall we?

So what's causing the as you say, "ongoing mayhem across the Muslim world"?


Rioting Muslims.






edge540 wrote:
You also said something about the "Middle East and its complete and total implosion" and "the Middle East is in a state of chaos."
Your words.

So please tell us jack, what's causing all that? Could it be the video?


Again, rioting Muslims.
Are you beginning to detect a pattern?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/25/2012, 10:55 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/us-president-speaks-un-about-youtube-video-posted-june

“There are no words that excuse the killing of innocents,” said Obama. “There is no video that justifies an attack on an embassy. There is no slander that provides an excuse for people to burn a restaurant in Lebanon, or destroy a school in Tunis, or cause death and destruction in Pakistan.”



[b]Uh, .... Barry?
It appears that everybody but you realizes that the video did not cause the attack on the embassy.
I see his speech went over your head. He never mentioned Libya specifically,he was talking embassies in general. You do realize that other embassies have been attacked this year,don't you? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_attacks_on_diplomatic_missions
Quote :
When will you get on board with those of us who are steeped in reality?
Maybe when you do some research instead of getting your talking points from the Fake News channel and right-wing hate radio.



Yes, I realize that other embassies were attacked this year. But the attack on the embassy in Libya occurred on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, was well-planned in advance by forces believed to be affiliated with al Qaeda, and took the lives of our ambassador and several other American citizens on what is essentially American soil. Of course, you might not know this, as the mainstream media have been concerned with more important things, such as Romney's tax returns and his 47% comment. I mean, who really cares about dead Americans when all that other juicy shit is crying to be reported upon?
When Boy Barry speaks of embassies being attacked, which embassy do you believe is first and foremost in his mind and in the minds of those he is addressing?
Do you yourself seriously believe that the Libyan incident was caused by the Innocence of Muslims film, as Barry is trying to get the rest of the world to believe?
Are you really that gullible?
(Incidentally, I do not watch the "Fake News" channel.)
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9366

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/26/2012, 7:15 am

happy jack wrote:

Yes, I realize that other embassies were attacked this year. But the attack on the embassy in Libya occurred on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, was well-planned in advance by forces believed to be affiliated with al Qaeda, and took the lives of our ambassador and several other American citizens on what is essentially American soil.
Obama was speaking to an International audience at the UN which is why he didn't focus on just the Libyan attack.
happy jack wrote:
Of course, you might not know this, as the mainstream media have been concerned with more important things, such as Romney's tax returns and his 47% comment. I mean, who really cares about dead Americans when all that other juicy shit is crying to be reported upon?
Yeah right,Mitt Romney basically writing off half the country and claiming they don't take personal responsibility and the fact that he's ashamed of his tax returns should just be overlooked. Rolling Eyes
happy jack wrote:
When Boy Barry speaks of embassies being attacked, which embassy do you believe is first and foremost in his mind and in the minds of those he is addressing?
If you're from one of the dozen or so other countries whose embassies have been attacked in the past 2-3 years then their embassy and not the US's is in their mind.
Do you yourself seriously believe that the Libyan incident was caused by the Innocence of
happy jack wrote:
Muslims film, as Barry is trying to get the rest of the world to believe?
Are you really that gullible?
The Obama administration and the President himself have clearly stated that it was a terrorist attack.
Back to top Go down
edge540

avatar

Posts : 1166

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/26/2012, 7:38 am

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
Ah yes, let's see who is steeped in reality, shall we?

So what's causing the as you say, "ongoing mayhem across the Muslim world"?

Rioting Muslims.

edge540 wrote:
You also said something about the "Middle East and its complete and total implosion" and "the Middle East is in a state of chaos."
Your words.

So please tell us jack, what's causing all that? Could it be the video?

Again, rioting Muslims.
Are you beginning to detect a pattern?
Yes, I am.
So why are they rioting?
Could it be the video?

You can say "yes" jack, I promise I will not make fun of you.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/26/2012, 4:12 pm

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
Ah yes, let's see who is steeped in reality, shall we?

So what's causing the as you say, "ongoing mayhem across the Muslim world"?

Rioting Muslims.

edge540 wrote:
You also said something about the "Middle East and its complete and total implosion" and "the Middle East is in a state of chaos."
Your words.

So please tell us jack, what's causing all that? Could it be the video?

Again, rioting Muslims.
Are you beginning to detect a pattern?
Yes, I am.
So why are they rioting?
Could it be the video?

You can say "yes" jack, I promise I will not make fun of you.

Why are they rioting?
Because it's Wednesday, of course.
And tomorrow, they will be rioting because it's Thursday.
And the next day, because it's Friday, etc., etc., etc., etc..
Are you beginning to detect a pattern?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9366

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/26/2012, 6:07 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

So why are they rioting?
Could it be the video?

You can say "yes" jack, I promise I will not make fun of you.

[b]Why are they rioting?
Because it's Wednesday, of course.
And tomorrow, they will be rioting because it's Thursday.
And the next day, because it's Friday, etc., etc., etc., etc..
Are you beginning to detect a pattern?
Yep. Edge cornered you and naturally you respond like a troll.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1916

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/26/2012, 6:10 pm

happy jack wrote:


But the attack on the embassy in Libya occurred on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, was well-planned in advance by forces believed to be affiliated with al Qaeda, and took the lives of our ambassador and several other American citizens on what is essentially American soil.


According to the article that you posted on this thread earlier, it's not at all clear that the embassy was attacked by "affiliates of al Qaeda."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/news-agencies-us-ambassador-to-libya-killed-in-attack-outside-consulate/2012/09/12/665de5fc-fcc4-11e1-a31e-804fccb658f9_story.html

Quote :
Libyan Deputy Interior Minister Wanis al-Sharif said the security force was outgunned by the attackers, who joined a demonstration of “hundreds” of people outside the consulate. He said the original demonstration, which began as early as noon and escalated during the evening, was apparently called to protest the offensive film.

Sharif said armed men “infiltrated” the protest, but that the Libyan government did not believe they were Islamist militants. Instead, he said, authorities suspect they were loyalists of slain former strongman Moammar Gaddafi who were out to upend the country’s fragile political situation.

It wouldn't be at all surprising to find out that the attack was carried out by Gadafi loyalists.
I don't really think that we know exactly what happened. But if you have anything new that sheds more light on the situation, please post it.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/26/2012, 8:17 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

So why are they rioting?
Could it be the video?

You can say "yes" jack, I promise I will not make fun of you.

[b]Why are they rioting?
Because it's Wednesday, of course.
And tomorrow, they will be rioting because it's Thursday.
And the next day, because it's Friday, etc., etc., etc., etc..
Are you beginning to detect a pattern?
Yep. Edge cornered you and naturally you respond like a troll.

Cornered me?
What are you smoking?
edge asked:

edge540 wrote:
[So why are they rioting?

He may as well have asked, "Why does the sun rise?"
Back to top Go down
edge540

avatar

Posts : 1166

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/26/2012, 9:37 pm

happy jack wrote:

Are you beginning to detect a pattern?
Yes
The only thing I detect is you turning into petulant 8 year old.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/26/2012, 10:26 pm

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:


But the attack on the embassy in Libya occurred on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, was well-planned in advance by forces believed to be affiliated with al Qaeda, and took the lives of our ambassador and several other American citizens on what is essentially American soil.


According to the article that you posted on this thread earlier, it's not at all clear that the embassy was attacked by "affiliates of al Qaeda."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/news-agencies-us-ambassador-to-libya-killed-in-attack-outside-consulate/2012/09/12/665de5fc-fcc4-11e1-a31e-804fccb658f9_story.html

Quote :
Libyan Deputy Interior Minister Wanis al-Sharif said the security force was outgunned by the attackers, who joined a demonstration of “hundreds” of people outside the consulate. He said the original demonstration, which began as early as noon and escalated during the evening, was apparently called to protest the offensive film.

Sharif said armed men “infiltrated” the protest, but that the Libyan government did not believe they were Islamist militants. Instead, he said, authorities suspect they were loyalists of slain former strongman Moammar Gaddafi who were out to upend the country’s fragile political situation.

It wouldn't be at all surprising to find out that the attack was carried out by Gadafi loyalists.
I don't really think that we know exactly what happened. But if you have anything new that sheds more light on the situation, please post it.

Thanks!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/27/world/africa/clinton-cites-clear-link-between-al-qaeda-and-attack-in-libya.html?hp

Clinton Suggests Link to Qaeda Offshoot in Deadly Libya Attack

By STEVEN LEE MYERS
Published: September 26, 2012

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton on Wednesday suggested there was a link between the Qaeda franchise in North Africa and the attack at the American diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, that killed the American ambassador and three others. She was the highest-ranking Obama administration official to publicly make the connection, and her comments intensified what is becoming a fiercely partisan fight over whether the attack could have been prevented.
Mrs. Clinton did not offer any new evidence of a Qaeda link, and officials later said the question would be officially settled only after the F.B.I. completed a criminal inquiry, which could take months. But they said they had not ruled out the involvement of Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb — an affiliate of the international terrorist group with origins in Algeria — in an attack the administration initially described as a spontaneous protest turned violent.
Her remarks added to the administration’s evolving and at times muddled explanation of what happened on the evening of Sept. 11 and into the next morning. Republicans in Congress have accused President Obama of playing down possible terrorist involvement in the midst of a re-election campaign in which killing Osama bin Laden and crippling Al Qaeda are cited as major achievements.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1916

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/27/2012, 1:28 am

Quote :
Republicans in Congress have accused President Obama of playing down possible terrorist involvement in the midst of a re-election campaign in which killing Osama bin Laden and crippling Al Qaeda are cited as major achievements.

What a load of crap. Nobody has gone around claiming that there is no longer any terrorism in the world. I think it's disgusting that the GOP is trying to make this a political issue.

I don't see anything here that proves your assertion that the attack "was well-planned in advance by forces believed to be affiliated with al Qaeda." Maybe it was somehow tied to al Qaeda, but it sure doesn't sound like we know that yet, does it?

Why don't we wait and see what the FBI and our Intelligence Agents say when they complete the investigation?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/27/2012, 3:55 am

Scorpion wrote:
Quote :
Republicans in Congress have accused President Obama of playing down possible terrorist involvement in the midst of a re-election campaign in which killing Osama bin Laden and crippling Al Qaeda are cited as major achievements.

What a load of crap. Nobody has gone around claiming that there is no longer any terrorism in the world. I think it's disgusting that the GOP is trying to make this a political issue.

I don't see anything here that proves your assertion that the attack "was well-planned in advance by forces believed to be affiliated with al Qaeda." Maybe it was somehow tied to al Qaeda, but it sure doesn't sound like we know that yet, does it?

Why don't we wait and see what the FBI and our Intelligence Agents say when they complete the investigation?
Perhaps you should take up this issue with the Secretay of State.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1916

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/27/2012, 11:04 am

Yeah. Well as it says in the article that you posted...

Quote :
Mrs. Clinton did not offer any new evidence of a Qaeda link, and officials later said the question would be officially settled only after the F.B.I. completed a criminal inquiry, which could take months.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/27/2012, 2:46 pm

Scorpion wrote:

Quote :
.... officials later said the question would be officially settled only after the F.B.I. completed a criminal inquiry, which could take months.

I look forward to hearing the results of the FBI's inquiry.
Hopefully, they'll announce their findings soon - perhaps on November 7th?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9366

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/27/2012, 2:55 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

Quote :
.... officials later said the question would be officially settled only after the F.B.I. completed a criminal inquiry, which could take months.

[b]I look forward to hearing the results of the FBI's inquiry.
Hopefully, they'll announce their findings soon - perhaps on November 7th?
Meanwhile until they announce it you and everyone else on Planet Wingnutia & Fixed News can continue to weave the usual baseless conspiracy theories. Then if it doesn't go your way you can immediately shift into "coverup" mode.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/27/2012, 3:03 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

Quote :
.... officials later said the question would be officially settled only after the F.B.I. completed a criminal inquiry, which could take months.

[b]I look forward to hearing the results of the FBI's inquiry.
Hopefully, they'll announce their findings soon - perhaps on November 7th?
Meanwhile until they announce it you and everyone else on Planet Wingnutia & Fixed News can continue to weave the usual baseless conspiracy theories. Then if it doesn't go your way you can immediately shift into "coverup" mode.

As I told Scorpion, if you are averse to hearing "conspiracy theories", you should probably take it up with the Secretary of State rather than with me.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1916

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/27/2012, 4:05 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

Quote :
.... officials later said the question would be officially settled only after the F.B.I. completed a criminal inquiry, which could take months.

I look forward to hearing the results of the FBI's inquiry.
Hopefully, they'll announce their findings soon - perhaps on November 7th?

I just don't get why anyone thinks that if this was a terrorist attack, then somehow that would be a "game changer" in the race for the Presidency. The whole idea is just frickin' absurd.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/27/2012, 4:48 pm

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

Quote :
.... officials later said the question would be officially settled only after the F.B.I. completed a criminal inquiry, which could take months.

I look forward to hearing the results of the FBI's inquiry.
Hopefully, they'll announce their findings soon - perhaps on November 7th?

I just don't get why anyone thinks that if this was a terrorist attack, then somehow that would be a "game changer" in the race for the Presidency. The whole idea is just frickin' absurd.

I don’t pretend to know whether it would be a game changer, but the administration certainly seemed to think so. Otherwise, they wouldn’t have needed to be dragged kicking and screaming two weeks later to finally take their collective feet out of their mouths and acknowledge that, yes, Virginia, maybe this involves a little bit more than a 14-minute movie trailer, as they had long been insisting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   

Back to top Go down
 
Libyan Embassy Attack
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: