Let Freedom Reign!


 
HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Libyan Embassy Attack

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5997

PostSubject: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/12/2012, 4:12 pm

http://www.nationaljournal.com/nationalsecurity/u-s-ambassador-killed-in-libya-20120912

NATIONAL SECURITY
U.S. Ambassador Killed in Libya


U.S. ambassador to Libya J. Christopher Stevens and three other embassy staff were killed in an attack in Benghazi on Wednesday, the White House confirmed on Wednesday.

………

Afghanistan banned YouTube on Wednesday, to prevent its citizens from watching the controversial film, Reuters reports. Soon after news of Ambassador Stevens' death broke, Afghan President Hamid Karzai condemned the "inhuman and abusive act" of the filmmakers, which he said, "has caused enmity and confrontation between the religions and cultures of the world," according to the Wall Street Journal.




The "inhuman and abusive act" of the filmmakers?
Of the filmmakers?!?!?
WTF?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9382

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/12/2012, 7:27 pm

happy jack wrote:
The "inhuman and abusive act" of the filmmakers?
Of the filmmakers?!?!?
WTF?[/b]
Obviously you haven't watched the movie or even have the slightest idea of the disgusting premises contained in it.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3109

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/12/2012, 9:58 pm

True, the movie is a ridiculous crapfest, but Karzai wasn't/isn't condemning the attacks.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5997

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/13/2012, 9:24 am

Heretic wrote:
True, the movie is a ridiculous crapfest, but Karzai wasn't/isn't condemning the attacks.

Glad to see that one of you gets the point.
As to the other?




Artie60438 wrote:
Obviously you haven't watched the movie or even have the slightest idea of the disgusting premises contained in it.

Disgusting enough to justify murder?
'Nuff said.

Incidentally, I believe the narrative dictated that the worldwide hatred of Americans was to come to a screeching halt the moment Bush stepped down and Boy Barry took the oath of office.
Wha' happen?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9382

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/13/2012, 11:45 am

happy jack wrote:

Artie60438 wrote:
Obviously you haven't watched the movie or even have the slightest idea of the disgusting premises contained in it.
[b]Disgusting enough to justify murder?
'Nuff said.
You never know what will set off a few religious or twisted ideology kooks. and every culture has their own version of a Glenn Beck to stir things up. Just look at all the anti-abortion nuts.
It should be pointed out that probably 99.999% of Muslims did not engage in violent behavior as a result.

That film serves no purpose other than to inflame and infuriate Muslims.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5997

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/13/2012, 12:09 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Artie60438 wrote:
Obviously you haven't watched the movie or even have the slightest idea of the disgusting premises contained in it.
[b]Disgusting enough to justify murder?
'Nuff said.
You never know what will set off a few religious or twisted ideology kooks. and every culture has their own version of a Glenn Beck to stir things up. Just look at all the anti-abortion nuts.
It should be pointed out that probably 99.999% of Muslims did not engage in violent behavior as a result.

That film serves no purpose other than to inflame and infuriate Muslims.


Do you believe the actions of the "inflame(d) and infuriate(d)" Muslims were justified simply because an offensive film was made?
Incidentally, 99.9999% of the "anti-abortion nuts" do not participate in violence or murder, and the 8 murders attributed to them sort of pale in comparison to the murders perpetrated in the name of the Religion of Perpetual Outrage, hereafter abbreviated as ROPO.
Neither do those 8 murders represent more than a drop in the ocean in comparison to the deaths perpetrated by the providers of abortion. I am in no way justifying those 8 murders - just trying to put things into a perspective that resembles reality.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5997

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/13/2012, 12:26 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
It should be pointed out that probably 99.999% of Muslims did not engage in violent behavior as a result.




.... yet.
Back to top Go down
edge540

avatar

Posts : 1166

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/13/2012, 2:52 pm

jack,
I see your boy Elmer Fudd not only steps on the rake but then does that full facial again into a cow pie. And then doubles down by doing it again.
He's starting to make Sarah Palin look like a fucking genius.
Quote :
Blasting Obama on Libya and Egypt, Romney accused of opportunism

September 12, 2012|John Whitesides | Reuters

(Jim Young Reuters, REUTERS)
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - For Mitt Romney, it began late Tuesday as an aggressive effort to criticize President Barack Obama's policies in Egypt and Libya by portraying the administration as apologetic while mobs attacked the U.S. consulate in Benghazi and the embassy in Cairo.

By the end of the day on Wednesday, Romney's venture into a fast-moving foreign policy crisis that involved the slayings of the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other diplomats had become a public relations debacle for the Republican's presidential
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1917

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/13/2012, 4:07 pm

Heretic wrote:
True, the movie is a ridiculous crapfest, but Karzai wasn't/isn't condemning the attacks.

Yeah, well IMHO, Karzai is no friend of the United States. After all, his corrupt administration is one of the big reasons why we're leaving Afghanistan.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3109

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/13/2012, 4:15 pm

Absolutely. I definitely was not surprised by his comments.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9382

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/13/2012, 4:22 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
It should be pointed out that probably 99.999% of Muslims did not engage in violent behavior as a result.

.... yet.[/b]
Spoken like a true bigot.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5997

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/13/2012, 4:53 pm

Indications are that they didn’t even need the manufactured outrage from the movie to instigate the attack. They attacked because …. well, just because, those peace-lovin’ little bastards.


http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/news-agencies-us-ambassador-to-libya-killed-in-attack-outside-consulate/2012/09/12/665de5fc-fcc4-11e1-a31e-804fccb658f9_story.html

By Karen DeYoung, Michael Birnbaum and William Branigin, Published: September 12The Washington Post

U.S. officials and Middle East analysts said Wednesday that an attack that killed four Americans at a U.S. Consulate in eastern Libya may have been planned by extremists and inspired by al-Qaeda.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9382

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/13/2012, 5:41 pm

happy jack wrote:
[b]Indications are that they didn’t even need the manufactured outrage from the movie to instigate the attack. They attacked because …. well, just because, those peace-lovin’ little bastards.
Hey genius? How about explaining why there is no rioting in the US? Once again you show off your ignortance and denigrate an entire religion and 10's of millions of innocent peaceful people because of the actions of a few. How sad.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5997

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/13/2012, 6:28 pm

I denigrated an entire religion by pointing out that the actions of a few were wrong?
Huh.
That’s an interesting take.
Stupid, but interesting.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9382

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/13/2012, 10:43 pm

happy jack wrote:
I denigrated an entire religion by pointing out that the actions of a few were wrong?
Huh.
That’s an interesting take.
Stupid, but interesting.
Yes indeed. It was very stupid of you to post the following:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
It should be pointed out that probably 99.999% of Muslims did not engage in violent behavior as a result.
[b].... yet.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3109

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/14/2012, 12:22 am

Posting an article detailing how it was orchestrated by AlQuaeda's allies in retaliation to recent high level assassinations isn't helping make his case either. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9382

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/14/2012, 2:23 am

Well..well..well
Anti-Muslim movie promoter Steve Klein is father of Iraq vet
Quote :
HEMET, Calif. -- The public face for the anti-Muslim film inflaming the Middle East is not the filmmaker, but an insurance agent and Vietnam War veteran whose unabashed and outspoken hatred of radical Muslims has drawn the attention of civil libertarians, who say he's a hate monger.

With the Coptic Christian filmmaker Nakoula Basseley Nakoula in hiding, film promoter Steve Klein has taken center stage in the unfolding international drama. He's given a stream of interviews about the film and the man he says he knew only as Sam Bacile, and is using the attention to talk about his own political views.

The Southern Poverty Law Center says they have been tracking Klein for several years and have labeled two of the organizations he is affiliated with as hate groups.

Klein founded Courageous Christians United, which conducts protests outside abortion clinics, Mormon temples and mosques, and started Concerned Citizens for the First Amendment, which preaches against Muslims and publishes volumes of anti-Muslim propaganda that Klein distributes. He also has helped train paramilitary militias at the church of Kaweah near Three Rivers, about an hour southeast of Fresno, to prepare for what they believe is a coming holy war with Muslim sleeper cells, according to the law center.

"It's extreme, ugly, violent rhetoric and the fact that he's involved in that weapons training at that church, when you combine things like weapons training with hatred of a people, that's very concerning to us. Those are the kind of things that lead to hate crimes," said Heidi Beirich, director of the center's Intelligence Project.
So now we have the fingerprints of a right-wing evangelical hate monger all over this mess.
Now the question is,Where did the money to produce this garbage come from?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5997

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/14/2012, 9:36 am

Heretic wrote:
Posting an article detailing how it was orchestrated by AlQuaeda's allies in retaliation to recent high level assassinations isn't helping make his case either. Laughing

The only "case" I was making when I started this thread is that the murderers should be held responsible, not the filmmakers or the film.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5997

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/14/2012, 9:43 am

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
I denigrated an entire religion by pointing out that the actions of a few were wrong?
Huh.
That’s an interesting take.
Stupid, but interesting.
Yes indeed. It was very stupid of you to post the following:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
It should be pointed out that probably 99.999% of Muslims did not engage in violent behavior as a result.
[b].... yet.



It appears that your ”99.999%” figure is being chipped away.



http://www.thenewsstar.com/viewart/20120914/NEWS01/120914003/Protesters-storm-US-Embassy-Yemen-new-attack

Protesters storm US Embassy in Yemen in new attack

SANAA, Yemen -- Chanting "death to America" and "death to Israel," hundreds of protesters angered by an anti-Islam film stormed the U.S. Embassy compound in Yemen's capital and burned the American flag on Thursday, the latest in a series of attacks on American diplomatic missions in the Middle East.
The string of assaults this week, in Yemen, Egypt and the storming of a U.S. consulate in Libya that killed four Americans, point to an increased boldness among Islamists who have become more powerful since last year's wave of revolts toppled authoritarian leaders.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9382

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/14/2012, 10:57 am

happy jack wrote:

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
It should be pointed out that probably 99.999% of Muslims did not engage in violent behavior as a result.
.... yet.



[b]It appears that your ”99.999%” figure is being chipped away.



http://www.thenewsstar.com/viewart/20120914/NEWS01/120914003/Protesters-storm-US-Embassy-Yemen-new-attack

Protesters storm US Embassy in Yemen in new attack

SANAA, Yemen -- [i]Chanting "death to America" and "death to Israel," hundreds of protesters angered by an anti-Islam film stormed the U.S. Embassy compound in Yemen's capital and burned the American flag on Thursday, the latest in a series of attacks on American diplomatic missions in the Middle East.
[/quote]

Quote :
hundreds of protesters
VS current estimated Muslim population of 2.1 BILLION. Someone want to do the math? I think I may need to add some more 9's onto the end of my previous figure Laughing
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5997

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/14/2012, 11:20 am

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/14/13856452-embassies-stormed-kfc-torched-as-anger-over-anti-islam-film-rages?lite

Embassies stormed, KFC torched as anger over anti-Islam film rages

U.S. and other Western interests were targeted by angry crowds across much of the Muslim world on Friday, as rage spread over an anti-Islamic video produced in California.
The unrest has been mostly directed at U.S. Embassies, although a KFC restaurant in Lebanon and British and German embassies in Sudan also came under attack.
American embassies and consulates had been braced for trouble on the Muslim day of prayer, when demonstrations are often held, following the attack on the consulate in Benghazi, Libya, which killed U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.




Chip .... chip .... chip .... chip ....
In which direction is your 99.999% figure heading?
Up?
Or down?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5997

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/14/2012, 11:23 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Well..well..well
Anti-Muslim movie promoter Steve Klein is father of Iraq vet
Quote :
HEMET, Calif. -- The public face for the anti-Muslim film inflaming the Middle East is not the filmmaker, but an insurance agent and Vietnam War veteran whose unabashed and outspoken hatred of radical Muslims has drawn the attention of civil libertarians, who say he's a hate monger.

With the Coptic Christian filmmaker Nakoula Basseley Nakoula in hiding, film promoter Steve Klein has taken center stage in the unfolding international drama. He's given a stream of interviews about the film and the man he says he knew only as Sam Bacile, and is using the attention to talk about his own political views.

The Southern Poverty Law Center says they have been tracking Klein for several years and have labeled two of the organizations he is affiliated with as hate groups.

Klein founded Courageous Christians United, which conducts protests outside abortion clinics, Mormon temples and mosques, and started Concerned Citizens for the First Amendment, which preaches against Muslims and publishes volumes of anti-Muslim propaganda that Klein distributes. He also has helped train paramilitary militias at the church of Kaweah near Three Rivers, about an hour southeast of Fresno, to prepare for what they believe is a coming holy war with Muslim sleeper cells, according to the law center.

"It's extreme, ugly, violent rhetoric and the fact that he's involved in that weapons training at that church, when you combine things like weapons training with hatred of a people, that's very concerning to us. Those are the kind of things that lead to hate crimes," said Heidi Beirich, director of the center's Intelligence Project.
So now we have the fingerprints of a right-wing evangelical hate monger all over this mess.
Now the question is,Where did the money to produce this garbage come from?

So, tell me - who, in your opinion, is responsible for the deaths of the Americans at the embassy and for the ongoing mayhem across the Muslim world?
Would it be Mr. Klein?
Or possibly the right-wing evangelicals?
Or, perhaps, these guys:


http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/mob-gathers-us-embassy-london_652335.html

Mob Gathers Outside U.S. Embassy in London

10:52 AM, Sep 14, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER
From the Twitter feed of Phil Han, a reporter and producer in CNN, who is outside the U.S. embassy in London where a mob has gathered and burned the American flag:

http://af.reuters.com/article/tunisiaNews/idAFL5E8KEHJ920120914

Protesters smash windows, set fires in U.S. embassy in Tunis

Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:30pm GMT

Print | Single Page
[-] Text [+]
TUNIS, Sept 14 (Reuters) - Tunisian protesters jumped over the wall of the U.S. embassy compound in Tunis on Friday and broke windows and set fire to trees, a Reuters witness said.
A large fire could be seen burning inside the compound. Police fired teargas at the hundreds of protesters who were demonstrating at the embassy.


http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/14/witnesses-police-fire-on-protesters-near-u-s-embassy-in-yemen/

Nigerian forces fire shots to disperse protesters

Editor's note: Several protests stemming at least in part from an anti-Islam film produced in the United States are unfolding outside U.S. embassies around the world. Friday's protests follow ones Tuesday at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo and the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, where attacks killed the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans.
Egypt's influential Muslim Brotherhood canceled nationwide protests planned for Friday, but said a demonstration planned for Cairo's Tahrir Square will go ahead, and a running battle between police and protesters in Cairo continued into its fourth day Friday.
Follow the live blog below for all of the developments around the world.
[Updated at 12:23 p.m. ET] Nigerian military and police fired shots to disperse a crowd of protesters in the city of Jos, an eyewitness said.
About 2,000 people protesting the anti-Islamic film gathered at a central mosque, and security forces intervened when the crowd started moving toward the city center.
[Updated at 12:15 p.m. ET] Some protesters who scaled the gates of the U.S. Embassy in Tunis, Tunisia, reached a garden outside the building but have not breached the building itself, journalist Zeid Mhirsi reports.
Also, the thick, black smoke that we previously reported was near the Embassy is coming from burning vehicles on the Embassy grounds, Mhirsi reported.
Earlier, he reported that protesters took down a U.S. flag from a pole at the Embassy and replaced it with a black flag. Police were firing tear gas in an attempt to disperse them. (See 10:20 and 10:42 a.m. entries.) Hard-line Muslims known as Salafists were among the demonstrators, Mhirsi reported.



http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2012/09/201291482159758224.html

Embassies under attack over anti-Islam video

Protesters have attacked Western embassies in Tunisia, Yemen and Sudan, as a wave of demonstrations against an anti-Islam film swelled and swept across much of the Muslim world after Friday prayers.
The US embassy was the common target while the UK and German embassies in Sudan were stormed by angry mobs.
In Tunis, the Tunisian capital, crowds scaled the US embassy walls and set fire to trees within the compound. An American school was also set on fire by an angry mob.


In Khartoum, the Sudanese capital, protesters stormed the UK and German embassies and raised Islamic flags. Protesters smashed windows, cameras and furniture in the German complex and then started a fire, witnesses said.
Throngs of crowds also targeted the US embassy in the capital. They breached the outside wall of the compound, forcing guards to fire warning shots.


http://www.france24.com/en/20120914-usa-embassies-consulates-high-alert-anti-america-protests-libya-stevens-egypt-yemen

US embassies on high alert as protests spread

The United States government has put all of its embassies and consulates around the world on high alert amid fears that demonstrations against a film mocking Islam could escalate in the Muslim world.
“Innocence of Muslims”, an excerpt of which was posted on YouTube, has triggered both small and mass protests in many countries including Egypt, Yemen and even Bangladesh.

On Tuesday, the anniversary of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, an assault on the US consulate in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi led to the deaths of four American citizens, including the US ambassador in the country.



http://abcnews.go.com/International/fbi-warns-violence-america-anti-islamic-movie/story?id=17223571#.UFI6-KDsaso

FBI Warns of Violence in America Over Anti-Islamic Movie

A U.S. intelligence bulletin warned today that the violent outrage aimed at U.S. embassies spawned by a movie mocking the Prophet Mohammed could be spread to America by extremist groups eager to "exploit anger."
The Joint Intelligence Bulletin issued by the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security said "the risk of violence could increase both at home and abroad as the film continues to gain attention."
"First responders should remain aware of the potential for spontaneous large crowds and protests that could overwhelm resources and should be vigilant for possible efforts to encourage peaceful protesters to commit acts of violence," the warning said.
It urged "faith-based organizations to promptly report suspicious activities that could indicate pre-operational plotting against Jewish, Coptic, Islamic, or any other faith-based communities."






Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5997

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/14/2012, 11:58 am

http://freebeacon.com/carney-protests-not-directed-at-the-united-states/

Carney: Protests not directed at the United States

'This is not a case of protests directed at the United States writ large or at U.S. policy, this is in response to a video that is offensive to Muslims'

CARNEY: We also need to understand that this is a fairly volatile situation and it is in response not to United States policy, and not to, obviously, the administration, or the American people ….




Wow.
The speed with which they went into spin mode, completely absolving the administration of any responsibility, makes my head …. well …. spin.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9382

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/14/2012, 12:14 pm

happy jack wrote:

[b]Wow.
The speed with which they went into spin mode, completely absolving the administration of any responsibility, makes my head …. well …. spin.
Have you picked out a wall yet?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5997

PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   9/14/2012, 3:56 pm

(Click link to see offensive image.)


http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-one-murdered-because-of-this-image,29553/?ref=auto

No One Murdered Because Of This Image

SEPTEMBER 13, 2012 | ISSUE 48•37 | MORE NEWS IN BRIEF

WASHINGTON—Following the publication of the image above, in which the most cherished figures from multiple religious faiths were depicted engaging in a lascivious sex act of considerable depravity, no one was murdered, beaten, or had their lives threatened, sources reported Thursday. The image of the Hebrew prophet Moses high-fiving Jesus Christ as both are having their erect penises vigorously masturbated by Ganesha, all while the Hindu deity anally penetrates Buddha with his fist, reportedly went online at 6:45 p.m. EDT, after which not a single bomb threat was made against the organization responsible, nor did the person who created the cartoon go home fearing for his life in any way. Though some members of the Jewish, Christian, Hindu, and Buddhist faiths were reportedly offended by the image, sources confirmed that upon seeing it, they simply shook their heads, rolled their eyes, and continued on with their day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Libyan Embassy Attack   

Back to top Go down
 
Libyan Embassy Attack
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: