Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Higgs and Co. plan attack on City boards

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
board monkey

board monkey

Higgs and Co. plan attack on City boards Empty
PostSubject: Higgs and Co. plan attack on City boards   Higgs and Co. plan attack on City boards Empty3/5/2009, 12:15 pm

It appears the city council has an ordinance pending, sponsered by Anthony Higgs, that will prohibit city employees from receiviing additional compensation for serving on boards for the city, water dept., Sanitary district, the Port authority, the UEA or any other city agencies, boards, or commissions, except for elected officials or unless authorized by ordinance by the city council. It also states that the salary ordinance had this provision before, but was recently omitted.

Notice how the council exempts themselves from this rule, but goes after city employees. If this was in the salary ordinances before, why now is this only comming up. Did the council pass something they didn't know they were passing, or is the ordinance wrong (again)? From what I am hearing, this ordinance is being pushed by Chico, Poland and Markovich.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: Higgs and Co. plan attack on City boards   Higgs and Co. plan attack on City boards Empty3/5/2009, 3:37 pm

make others follow rules that they themselves would not?

thats just par for the course with higgs and marko. sadly poland and chico seem headed to that level as well.

too bad the council didnt bring the ordinance out of committee and vote on it before the original appointment talk. i'd have loved to see what marko's vote would have been.
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: Higgs and Co. plan attack on City boards   Higgs and Co. plan attack on City boards Empty3/5/2009, 6:25 pm

It will never make it out of committee if the Attorney General rules the Port Authority appointment is not lucrative. Either way I dont think it passes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Higgs and Co. plan attack on City boards   Higgs and Co. plan attack on City boards Empty3/5/2009, 11:06 pm

...except for elected officials or unless authorized by ordinance by the city council.

LMAO

I might support it if it included elected officials. But this seems to me like the fox guarding the hen house. The city council would have control over the whole damned city if this thing were to pass.

You might as well eliminate the office of mayor and just be done with the coup by hiring a town manager.
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: Higgs and Co. plan attack on City boards   Higgs and Co. plan attack on City boards Empty3/6/2009, 7:17 am

So itm would be Ok for Big Al to sit on the Port Authority Board at 6k a year but I wouldnt be able to sit on the Human Relations Board for $50 a meeting minus taxes?
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: Higgs and Co. plan attack on City boards   Higgs and Co. plan attack on City boards Empty3/6/2009, 2:42 pm

honestly no.

i opposed markovich because i think hed be lousy on the board and had only a monetary interest. the fact that he is also a councilman, to me is secondary.

i dont know why al wants on the board. and i think he'd be better than markovich for at least he wouldnt be on the board intending to cause trouble.

but i personally dont think any council person should be on the board.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Higgs and Co. plan attack on City boards   Higgs and Co. plan attack on City boards Empty3/7/2009, 6:32 pm

Mirage wrote:
...except for elected officials or unless authorized by ordinance by the city council.

LMAO

I might support it if it included elected officials. But this seems to me like the fox guarding the hen house. The city council would have control over the whole damned city if this thing were to pass.

You might as well eliminate the office of mayor and just be done with the coup by hiring a town manager.

DITTO. :bball:
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Higgs and Co. plan attack on City boards   Higgs and Co. plan attack on City boards Empty3/8/2009, 4:28 pm

Mirage, you hit it on the nail. Without the hammer. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Higgs and Co. plan attack on City boards   Higgs and Co. plan attack on City boards Empty

Back to top Go down

Higgs and Co. plan attack on City boards
Page 1 of 1