Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Republicans War on Women

Go down 
+7
edge540
KarenT
UrRight
sparks
WhitingLib
Heretic
Artie60438
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
happy jack

Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty9/16/2012, 11:35 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Group At Conservative Conference Urge Women To ‘Go Home And Put Some Clothes On’
Quote :
WASHINGTON, DC — Literature being handed out at the Values Voter Summit on Friday attacks women for being “immodest” and extolled them to “go home and put some clothes on!”

In flyers and brochures on display at Values Voters, the social conservative conference where Republican Vice Presidential nominee Paul Ryan spoke, an organization called Modesty Matters criticized women for dressing “immodestly” at church, and blamed women for causing men to stare lustfully at them.

Quote :
Women must “embrace MODESTY in dress and behavior,” one of the handouts read. Women dressed immodestly in church are “an insult to a holy God,” another said.

Other excerpts:

Quote :
- From the “Modesty: It’s nothing to be ashamed of” pamphlet:“Since men are particularly visual, immodesty in church can trigger lustful thoughts.”

“My men’s bible study group talks frequently about controlling our lust, thoughts, and eyes. Yes the problem and responsibility are ours, but is it really reasonable for the women of the church to make it THIS difficult for us?”

- From the “True Woman Manifesto”: “All women, whether married of single, are to model femininity in their various relationships, by exhibiting a distinctive modesty, responsiveness, and gentleness of spirit.”

The Family Research Council provided Modesty Matters with a table at the conference to distribute these pamphlets.

Republicans have repeatedly voted to cut funding for contraception, outlaw abortions, and defund Planned Parenthood. Now another far-right groups are eyeing a new battleground: the wardrobe.
Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Photo-8
Exact same misogynist mindset that would blame a woman for her rape because she was wearing a skirt too short. Evil or Very Mad

Oh, no!!!!
Quick!!!!
Call Sandra Fluke!!!!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty9/16/2012, 2:35 pm

happy jack wrote:
Oh, no!!!!
Quick!!!!
Call Sandra Fluke!!!![/b]
Laugh all you want. We'll see how funny it is on Tuesday Nov 6th when women go to vote,especially in swing states and toss-up races down ballot.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty9/16/2012, 3:22 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Oh, no!!!!
Quick!!!!
Call Sandra Fluke!!!![/b]
Laugh all you want. We'll see how funny it is on Tuesday Nov 6th when women go to vote,especially in swing states and toss-up races down ballot.

Thank you for granting me permission.
I will continue to laugh at you.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty9/27/2012, 2:58 pm

Isn't this special? Rolling Eyes
Akin: McCaskill Wasn’t ‘Ladylike’ In Debate
Quote :
Todd Akin noted that Sen. Claire McCaskill was "aggressive" and less "ladylike" in their debate last week than during her 2006 debates, the Kansas City Star reports.

“I think we have a very clear path to victory, and apparently Claire McCaskill thinks we do, too, because she was very aggressive at the debate, which was quite different than it was when she ran against Jim Talent,” Akin said. “She had a confidence and was much more ladylike (in 2006), but in the debate on Friday she came out swinging, and I think that’s because she feels threatened.”

Akin and McCaskill met for their first debate last week.
Perhaps Akins would prefer her to Curtsey before and after the next debate. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty9/28/2012, 4:02 pm

Another day and another doozy for our boy Akin...
Todd Akin Suggests Employers Should Be Able To Pay Women Less
Quote :
Todd Akin appeared to endorse allowing employers to pay women less than men at a town hall on Thursday.

Gender discrimination in compensation has been illegal in the United States since the passage of the 1963 Equal Pay Act. But in video provided by Sen. Claire McCaskill's campaign, Akin responded to a question about the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act -- which made it easier for workers to sue over unequal pay -- by suggesting that employers shouldn't even be barred from paying women less in the first place.

Here's a transcript:

Quote :
AUDIENCE MEMBER: You voted against the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. Why do you think it is okay for a woman to be paid less for doing the same work as a man?

AKIN: Well, first of all, the premise of your question is that I'm making that particular distinction. I believe in free enterprise. I don't think the government should be telling people what you pay and what you don't pay. I think it's about freedom. If someone what’s to hire somebody and they agree on a salary, that's fine, however it wants to work. So, the government sticking its nose into all kinds of things has gotten us into huge trouble.

The McCaskill campaign condemned Akin's remarks.

Quote :
"First, Todd Akin said Claire's not 'ladylike' because she's standing up for working families, now he's opposed to the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay act because he believes employers should have the freedom to discriminate against their female employees," McCaskill spokeswoman Caitlin Legacki said in a statement. "Once again, it's clear that the problem isn't what Todd Akin says, the problem is what Todd Akin believes."
Yeah,it's always about "freedom" with these nutjobs unless it involves women's rights
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty10/21/2012, 3:49 pm

http://www.rgj.com/article/20121020/NEWS19/310200053/Fluke-takes-center-stage-Reno

Fluke pushes early voting in Reno9:50 PM, Oct 20, 2012 |

509 Comments
Sandra Fluke, the woman at the center of a media firestorm earlier this year after Rush Limbaugh called her a “slut,” spoke Saturday in front of about 10 people at the Sak ‘N Save in north Reno.

10 people.
This should be a game-changer.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty10/22/2012, 9:26 am

happy jack wrote:
http://www.rgj.com/article/20121020/NEWS19/310200053/Fluke-takes-center-stage-Reno

509 Comments
Sandra Fluke, the woman at the center of a media firestorm earlier this year after Rush Limbaugh called her a “slut,” spoke Saturday in front of about 10 people at the Sak ‘N Save in north Reno.

[b]10 people.
I see that once again you've proven to all of us that you are unable to see the forest through the trees. How sad Sad
The story has already appeared in the Nevada "Reno-Gazette Journal" and wingnut outlets like Fox News.
So I'm pretty certain that way,way more than 10 people ended up getting Ms Fluke's message. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty10/22/2012, 2:55 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

509 Comments

[b]10 people.
I see that once again you've proven to all of us that you are unable to see the forest through the trees. How sad Sad
The story has already appeared in the Nevada "Reno-Gazette Journal" and wingnut outlets like Fox News.
So I'm pretty certain that way,way more than 10 people ended up getting Ms Fluke's message. Very Happy

10 .... 14 people.
Because salt-of-the-earth Americans who shop at Sak 'N Save will always vote for the candidate who is being endorsed by a whining middle-aged woman who is demanding that they should pay for her contraceptives.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty10/22/2012, 5:46 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

509 Comments

[b]10 people.

10 .... 14 people.
It still hasn't sunk it yet,huh? Trees still in the way?
Anyway,thanks for doing your part to help spread Ms Fluke's message.
Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Rofl
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty10/22/2012, 6:51 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

While I am busy spreading her message, as you say, she is busy spreading her legs, all the while demanding that I, and the folks at the Sak ‘N Save, should pay for her ability to spread those legs without her having to worry about the consequences.
And I’m sure that the folks at the Sak ‘N Save are really behind her on that.
Aren't you?
(And watch out for that tree.)
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty10/22/2012, 9:55 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
While I am busy spreading her message, as you say, she is busy spreading her legs, all the while demanding that I, and the folks at the Sak ‘N Save, should pay for her ability to spread those legs without her having to worry about the consequences.
The horror of a woman having sex for pleasure. affraid I know this probably hasn't filtered back to the cave you live in,but the majority of Americans support birth control coverage for women.
Americans Support Including Birth Control as Preventive Health Care
Quote :
More than 99 percent of women between the ages of 15 and 44 who are sexually active have at some point used birth control. [b]Not to mention the fact that 58 percent of women who use the birth control pill use it for purposes other than pregnancy prevention, including managing endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and other medical conditions. It’s basic preventative care. So it’s no surprise that this is one of the most popular benefits of the health care reform law.

Here are the facts:

Fifty-six percent of voters support the birth control coverage benefit, including 53 percent of Catholic voters, and 62 percent of Catholics who identify themselves as independents, according to a new Public Policy Polling Poll.
Sixty-five percent of Millennials (young people between ages of 18 and 29) believe that employer health care coverage should include contraception at no cost.
Birth control use is nearly universal. Ninety-nine percent of all sexually experienced women and 98 percent of sexually experienced Catholic women have used it at some point in their lives.

Access to Birth Control Improves Women’s Health

There’s a reason birth control was included as preventive health care — a panel of doctors recommended it. The nonpartisan Institute of Medicine (IOM) recommended that birth control be covered as women’s preventive care because it is fundamental to improving not only women’s health, but the health of their families as well. Medical research has demonstrated this fact for decades. Improved access to birth control is directly linked to declines in maternal and infant mortality.

Failing to Provide Coverage Is Sex Discrimination

Prescription contraceptives are used exclusively by women. Failure to provide coverage for prescription contraceptive drugs and devices in health plans that otherwise cover prescription drugs violates the Civil Rights Act. Because it singles out women and treats medication needed for a pregnancy-related condition less favorably, it constitutes discrimination on the basis of sex.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty10/22/2012, 10:55 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
[b]While I am busy spreading her message, as you say, she is busy spreading her legs, all the while demanding that I, and the folks at the Sak ‘N Save, should pay for her ability to spread those legs without her having to worry about the consequences.
The horror of a woman having sex for pleasure.

Ms. Fluke, as far as I’m concerned, is free to have sex for pleasure as often as she likes.
Ms. Fluke, as far as I’m concerned, is free to copulate with Shetland ponies.
But I see no reason why I should have to finance it.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty10/23/2012, 7:47 am

happy jack wrote:

Ms. Fluke, as far as I’m concerned, is free to have sex for pleasure as often as she likes.
Ms. Fluke, as far as I’m concerned, is free to copulate with Shetland ponies.
You spend an inordinate amount of time whining about women's contraception being covered under insurance yet you are strangely silent when it comes to erectile dysfunction drugs. I don't recall you ever making an issue of that. Any explanation for that?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty10/23/2012, 8:15 am

Today's Chicago Sun-Times...Right Winger Michael Sneed helping to spread the word Very Happy
Quote :
Is it a Fluke?

Contraception advocate Sandra Fluke , who made headlines when radio ranter Rush Limbaugh called her a “slut” and a “prostitute” for backing insurance coverage for birth control — and was subsequently praised by President Obama for her support — made an Obama campaign stop in Reno, Nev., Saturday to talk about early voting.

■ The upshot: Only about 10 people showed up at the local Sak

N’ Save to hear Fluke, according to the Reno Gazette-Journal.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty10/23/2012, 8:28 am

happy jack wrote:

Are you? Did she say you had to?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty10/23/2012, 4:19 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

You spend an inordinate amount of time whining about women's contraception being covered under insurance yet you are strangely silent when it comes to erectile dysfunction drugs. I don't recall you ever making an issue of that. Any explanation for that?

I don’t recall the issue ever coming up, but now that it has, what are you asking me in regard to erectile dysfunction drugs?

Artie60438 wrote:
Today's Chicago Sun-Times...Right Winger Michael Sneed helping to spread the word Very Happy
Quote :
Is it a Fluke?

Contraception advocate Sandra Fluke , who made headlines when radio ranter Rush Limbaugh called her a “slut” and a “prostitute” for backing insurance coverage for birth control — and was subsequently praised by President Obama for her support — made an Obama campaign stop in Reno, Nev., Saturday to talk about early voting.

■ The upshot: Only about 10 people showed up at the local Sak

N’ Save to hear Fluke, according to the Reno Gazette-Journal.

Did you get a helicopter shot of that? I’d like to get a more realistic head count.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty10/23/2012, 4:56 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[b]I don’t recall the issue ever coming up, but now that it has, what are you asking me in regard to erectile dysfunction drugs?
Too stupid to figure it out? How sad Sleep
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty10/23/2012, 6:50 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[b]I don’t recall the issue ever coming up, but now that it has, what are you asking me in regard to erectile dysfunction drugs?
Too stupid to figure it out? How sad Sleep

Are you too stupid to formulate a coherent and specific question concerning the topic?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty10/23/2012, 8:16 pm

Has yet another front been opened in the "Republican War on Women"?
The suggestion appears to be that women just cannot manage to perform up to the same standards to which men are held.
Oh, my.
Does anyone know whether or not Mr. Auriemma is a Republican?
Where is Gloria Steinem?

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/10/23/legendary-coach-geno-auriemma-proposes-that-the-rim-be-lowered-in-womens-basketball/

Legendary Coach Geno Auriemma Proposes That The Rim Be Lowered In Women’s Basketball

October 23, 2012 3:54 PM

“What makes fans not want to watch women’s basketball is that some of the players can’t shoot and they miss layups, and that forces the game to slow down,” Auriemma told CPTV in Hartford. “How do (we) help improve that? Lower the rim [from 10 feet].
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty10/23/2012, 8:30 pm

I wrote:
happy jack wrote:

BUMP
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty10/23/2012, 9:27 pm

Leave it to this kook to one up Todd "Legitimate Rape" Akin...
Indiana GOP U.S. Senate Candidate Calls Rape Pregnancies A ‘Gift From God’
Quote :
By Ian Millhiser and Travis Waldron on Oct 23, 2012 at 8:32 pm

GOP Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney & Senate Candidate Richard Mourdock
NEW ALBANY, Indiana — At a debate this evening with his Democratic opponent Rep. Joe Donnelly (D-IN), Indiana GOP Senate candidate Richard Mourdock claimed that raped women should be forced to carry their rapist’s baby to term because their forced pregnancy is a “gift from God”:

I believe life begins at conception. The only exception I have for to have an abortion is in the case of the life of the mother. I struggled with myself for a long time but I came to realize life is that gift from God, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape. It is something that God intended to happen.
Watch it:

Throughout his campaign, Mourdock has left no doubt that he believes in a sacred right to life that begins at conception and ends at birth. Earlier this year, Mourdock mocked the very idea that Social Security and Medicare — programs that millions of seniors depend on to save their lives — are even constitutional.

Quote :
Update

In his post-debate press conference, Mourdock repeatedly asserted that he believes “God creates life” but, seemingly contradicting his own remarks from the debate, said God does not “pre-ordain[] rape.”

“What I said was, in answering the question form my position of faith, I said I believe that God creates life. I believe that as wholly and as fully as I can believe it. That God creates life,” Mourdock said. “Are you trying to suggest that somehow I think that God pre-ordained rape? No, I don’t think that. That’s sick. Twisted. That’s not even close to what I said. What I said is that God creates life.”

Mourdock did, however, re-assert his belief that abortion should be illegal even for victims of rape and incest.

“I’ve said that consistently,” Mourdock said. “I’ve said that for a long, long time.”

Watch his post-debate comments:
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty10/23/2012, 9:31 pm

Oh,and btw from the article above....
Quote :
Earlier this week, GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney starred in an ad calling upon Indiana voters to “join me in supporting Richard Mourdock for U.S. Senate.” This is the first time this election that Romney cut such an ad for a fellow Republican candidate. Watch it:

This truly is a gift....for Barack Obama & Democrats!

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty10/23/2012, 10:31 pm

Heretic wrote:
I wrote:
happy jack wrote:

BUMP

I guess I was being unclear - sorry.
I was speaking from the viewpoint of the Catholic organizations who would be required through government fiat to underwrite her contraceptives, regardless of their legitimate religious objections.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty10/24/2012, 8:47 am

It's great to see Indiana has it's own version of the Taliban and Todd Akin.

Quote :
Mourdock's divine rape stance could shake up Senate race

NEW ALBANY, Ind. | Republican Richard Mourdock opposes abortion even in cases of rape because such pregnancies are God's will, he claimed during Tuesday's final U.S. Senate debate.

"I struggled with it myself for a long time but I came to realize life is that gift from God, and I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape that it is something that God intended to happen," Mourdock said, choking back tears.

Democrat U.S. Rep. Joe Donnelly did not directly respond during the debate to Mourdock's belief in the divinity of pregnancy by rape. Donnelly said he opposes abortion but supports exceptions for rape, incest and the health of a pregnant woman.

Following the debate, Donnelly said, "The God I believe in and the God I know most Hoosiers believe in, does not intend for rape to happen — ever."

"What Mr. Mourdock said is shocking, and it is stunning that he would be so disrespectful to survivors of rape," Donnelly said.

Mourdock said after the debate his only point was, "God creates life."
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty10/24/2012, 9:57 am

happy jack wrote:
. . . their legitimate religious objections.

They're not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Republicans War on Women
Page 14 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next