Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Proposed New York Mosque

Go down 
+4
KarenT
Heretic
Artie60438
Scorpion
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
UrRight

The  Proposed New York Mosque - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Proposed New York Mosque   The  Proposed New York Mosque - Page 2 Empty8/14/2010, 4:45 pm

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
UrRight wrote:
Anyway, BWG, I always trust your opinion, why do you say Caroline Kennedy may not at all regret campaigning for Obambie?

President Kennedy in my eyes...was the best POTUS...I feel Caroline was mislead by her uncle.
She's a DUMBOcrat, another party lemming. Not one to think for herself, not unlike most on this board!

Set the "D" aside for a second...never since her father she stated...remember?

If she is so empowered by him...why has she not intervened and stated HER opinion since campaigning for him?
I doubt in my heart she approves of him now...and I know in my heart Kennedy was a player (her UNCLE), but what's that got to do what is best for our country?
Ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what YOU can DO for YOUR country.
All I see is the piece of shitz POTUS doing for him and not for the country...so I can't understand why SWEET CAROLINE has not spoken since his winning the POTUS line.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: The Proposed New York Mosque   The  Proposed New York Mosque - Page 2 Empty8/14/2010, 4:50 pm

Quote :
Rauf has not been definitively linked to terrorism.

Which should have been the end of the story, IMHO.

Quote :
“I wouldn’t say that the United States deserved [the Sept. 11 attacks], but the United States policies were an accessory to the crime that happened,” said Feisal on CBS 60 Minutes on Sept. 30, 2001. “[W]e have been an accessory to a lot of – of innocent lives dying in the world. In fact, it – in the most direct sense, Osama bin Laden is made in the USA.”

That's all it takes to be considered an apologist these days? Merely acknowledging the cause and effect relationship of our foreign policy, the deaths that they've unfortunately incurred and the psychological effects of such on the local populations, and the ill conceived idea of training religious radicals to fight our enemies on the naive hope that they never, ever use what they're taught against us? No cheering for the deaths of Americans? No dancing in the streets? Shouts of "Death to America"? Just a simple "maybe that's not a good idea", and BAM... terrorist sympathizer.

Critics have certainly lowered their standards, haven't they?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Proposed New York Mosque   The  Proposed New York Mosque - Page 2 Empty8/14/2010, 5:28 pm

Here's a real good perspective from one of the commentators on the subject I submitted:

This is ricdicuouls. It's a slap in the face to all of us as Americans. It was the Muslims who caused the attack on 9/11. No we don't need this as a reminder to our fear and all the lives lost on that day. We need to wake up, too much is left to go by in the name of "tolerance". Anyone can twist the words of the constituion and their rights to suit their on purporse.
And, why are they allowed to practice their "religion" when we are not allowed to pray in schools or they are trying to take away "IN GOD WE TRUST" in everything. Wake up people! Don't just blindly follow the leader. He is not good for us!
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Proposed New York Mosque   The  Proposed New York Mosque - Page 2 Empty8/14/2010, 5:31 pm

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
UrRight wrote:
Anyway, BWG, I always trust your opinion, why do you say Caroline Kennedy may not at all regret campaigning for Obambie?

President Kennedy in my eyes...was the best POTUS...I feel Caroline was mislead by her uncle.
She's a DUMBOcrat, another party lemming. Not one to think for herself, not unlike most on this board!

But, do you not agree we have not had a great POTUS since Jack Kennedy?
I remember being in 5th grade when the nun came in, and the whole class was crying...

Hell, I how old was I in Nov of 1963? I just remember I was in grade school...born in '54 what grade was I in?

Damn, I must be a dumbocrat...can't remember how old I was. Only where I was. Ok, I can count...that makes me a Repo...7 years old...as a dumbocrat, what grade was I in? 2nd? I don't remember shitz outside the fatso teacher that used to back me up against the door with her 300 lb. belly telling me "You talk too much". I told her, "YOU EAT TOO MUCH!"
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Proposed New York Mosque   The  Proposed New York Mosque - Page 2 Empty8/14/2010, 5:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: The Proposed New York Mosque   The  Proposed New York Mosque - Page 2 Empty8/14/2010, 8:16 pm

UrRight wrote:
US President Barack Obama's endorsement of a controversial plan to build a mosque just blocks from Ground Zero poured fuel Saturday on a raging debate over religious freedom and sensitivities over the 9/11 attacks....

Quote :
Weighing his words carefully on a fiery political issue, President Barack Obama said Saturday that Muslims have the right to build a mosque near New York's ground zero, but he did not say whether he believes it is a good idea to do so.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_ground_zero_mosque_obama;_ylt=AqcIIFNnX8GRfrP2oAJWBQ2s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNycWJ2NDY4BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwODE0L3VzX2dyb3VuZF96ZXJvX21vc3F1ZV9vYmFtYQRjY29kZQNtb3N0cG9wdWxhcgRjcG9zAzEEcG9zAzMEcHQDaG9tZV9jb2tlBHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcnkEc2xrA2Z1bGxuYnNwc3Rvcg--
Quote :
Obama's Friday comment was taken by some to mean that he strongly supports the building of an Islamic center near the site of the Sept. 11 terrorist attack, something he never said.

The President did not "endorse" the plan, nor did he say that he supported it.

Here is a link to his speech...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100814/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_mosque_text_2

An excerpt follows, but I suggest you read all of what he had to say.

Quote :
Our founders understood that the best way to honor the place of faith in the lives of our people was to protect their freedom to practice religion. In the Virginia Act of Establishing Religion Freedom, Thomas Jefferson wrote that "all men shall be free to profess, and by argument to maintain, their opinions in matters of religion." The First Amendment of our Constitution established the freedom of religion as the law of the land. And that right has been upheld ever since.

Indeed, over the course of our history, religion has flourished within our borders precisely because Americans have had the right to worship as they choose — including the right to believe in no religion at all. And it is a testament to the wisdom of our founders that America remains deeply religious — a nation where the ability of peoples of different faiths to coexist peacefully and with mutual respect for one another stands in stark contrast to the religious conflict that persists elsewhere around the globe.

Now, that's not to say that religion is without controversy. Recently, attention has been focused on the construction of mosques in certain communities — particularly New York. Now, we must all recognize and respect the sensitivities surrounding the development of lower Manhattan. The 9/11 attacks were a deeply traumatic event for our country. And the pain and the experience of suffering by those who lost loved ones is just unimaginable. So I understand the emotions that this issue engenders. And ground zero is, indeed, hallowed ground.

But let me be clear. As a citizen, and as president, I believe that Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as everyone else in this country. And that includes the right to build a place of worship and a community center on private property in lower Manhattan, in accordance with local laws and ordinances. This is America. And our commitment to religious freedom must be unshakeable. The principle that people of all faiths are welcome in this country and that they will not be treated differently by their government is essential to who we are. The writ of the founders must endure.

What he does support is the frickin' First Amendment to our Constitutiion. There is nothing at all controversial about anything that he said in his speech.

Next time it would be better to check the facts before you just blindly accept someone else's characterization. Feel free to point out where in his speech that Obama said that he "supports" the project.

Good luck with that. Here's the link again, just in case you missed it the first time...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100814/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_mosque_text_2
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: The Proposed New York Mosque   The  Proposed New York Mosque - Page 2 Empty8/15/2010, 9:21 am

Thanks, Scorp. I was heading in to make that point, but you did it first and better than I would have.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: The Proposed New York Mosque   The  Proposed New York Mosque - Page 2 Empty8/15/2010, 9:34 am

Scorpion wrote:
Next time it would be better to check the facts before you just blindly accept someone else's characterization. Feel free to point out where in his speech that Obama said that he "supports" the project.
Technically he does support it by publicly acknowledging the fact that it is legal. A "smart politician" would have waffled and not say anything, especially a politician that is taking hits weekly in the Polls. Not a smart move. But then...
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: The Proposed New York Mosque   The  Proposed New York Mosque - Page 2 Empty8/15/2010, 10:26 am

Heretic wrote:
Quote :
Rauf has not been definitively linked to terrorism.

Which should have been the end of the story, IMHO.

Quote :
“I wouldn’t say that the United States deserved [the Sept. 11 attacks], but the United States policies were an accessory to the crime that happened,” said Feisal on CBS 60 Minutes on Sept. 30, 2001. “[W]e have been an accessory to a lot of – of innocent lives dying in the world. In fact, it – in the most direct sense, Osama bin Laden is made in the USA.”

That's all it takes to be considered an apologist these days? Merely acknowledging the cause and effect relationship of our foreign policy, the deaths that they've unfortunately incurred and the psychological effects of such on the local populations, and the ill conceived idea of training religious radicals to fight our enemies on the naive hope that they never, ever use what they're taught against us? No cheering for the deaths of Americans? No dancing in the streets? Shouts of "Death to America"? Just a simple "maybe that's not a good idea", and BAM... terrorist sympathizer.

Critics have certainly lowered their standards, haven't they?
While I have no problem with Obama telling an intently listening crowd gathered at the White House Friday evening to observe the Islamic holy month of Ramadan why did he have such a problem with the National Day of Prayer? Is it okay to have an Islamic function at the White House but not a Christian - remember the issue with the Christmas Tree decorations!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Proposed New York Mosque   The  Proposed New York Mosque - Page 2 Empty8/15/2010, 11:05 am

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
While I have no problem with Obama telling an intently listening crowd gathered at the White House Friday evening to observe the Islamic holy month of Ramadan why did he have such a problem with the National Day of Prayer?
The National day of prayer has been ruled unconstitutional. However, National Day of Prayer Deemed Unconstitutional, but Obama Will Recognize it Anyway
Quote :
Is it okay to have an Islamic function at the White House but not a Christian - remember the issue with the Christmas Tree decorations!
No,as a matter of fact,I don't! You might want to brush up on your allegation @ http://www.snopes.com/politics/christmas/ornaments.asp before making yourself look even more foolish.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: The Proposed New York Mosque   The  Proposed New York Mosque - Page 2 Empty8/15/2010, 11:38 am

Artie60438 wrote:
You might want to brush up on your allegation before making yourself look even more foolish.
I look foolish? YOU voted for this clown, not I.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Proposed New York Mosque   The  Proposed New York Mosque - Page 2 Empty8/15/2010, 12:01 pm

Damn, I wish Moby would post over here,..
Here's an story he reported, I'm sorry I had to borrow it Moby!

Quote:
Obama Apologizes for Stupid Americans’ Opposition to the Ground Zero Mosque
Canada Free Press, by Fred Dardick

It’s amazing that Obama lacked the foresight to see that supporting the construction of a $100 million mosque 2 blocks from Ground Zero, something that 70% of Americans oppose, won’t end well. But I guess when your closest advisors are Valerie Jarrett the slumlord, Robert Gibbs the clown, Rham Emmanuel the communist, and Michelle Obama the millionaire’s wife, equating “religious freedom” with an Islamic cultural center whose purpose is to promote Sharia law is the kind of progressive garbage you get.

For you liberals who somehow got forwarded this column and still don’t know what Sharia law is, allow me to enlighten you. It is the literal interpretation of Islam that leads to the widespread abuse and enslavement of women. It’s also called the reality of “that woman in Iran who’s waiting to see if she’s going to get stoned to death for adultery” rules. Who knows if she really committed adultery? In Islamic societies all a man has to do to give his wife the proverbial dirt nap, is simply claim she did.

Under Sharia law, men are the judge, jury and executioners of women, and Obama apparently thinks Americans are too stupid to know this. While Obama may be able to lawyer his way around the Ground Zero mosque as a “religious tolerance” issue, the rest of us know a load of bs when we see one.

Americans don’t give a hoot what the college professors and attorneys think. Allowing the Islamist barbarians who keep their boots firmly planted on women’s throats and brought the 9/11 massacre to our shores, to build their Arch de’ Terrorism 2 blocks from Ground Zero can kiss our you know what.

Not only do Americans view the structure as anything but a bridge to understanding, Islamists around the world will also rightly perceive the mosque in a very different light than the simple “right to build a place of worship”. They will see it as spitting in the face of evil America and hold it up as a shining example in their enslaved societies to promote hatred of the West. It will become a “stupid Americans let us build a mosque on their graves, so let’s finish the job and kill them all” kind of thing.

Ever wonder how the Islamic Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem got built smack dab on top of the ancient Jewish temple mount? I can promise you, it was no attempt to “build bridges” either that put it there. It was more like “let’s take over the Jews most treasured religious site and plant a mosque on it to show them who’s boss”. That’s why Jews pray at the Western Wall, because if they tried to visit the top of the temple mount, the Arabs would riot.

Every time Obama speaks to Muslims, it’s always how wonderful and understanding Islam is compared to our knuckle dragging Judeo-Christian customs. Rather than apologizing endlessly for America, and in this case our opposition to the Ground Zero mosque, how about being honest for a change, champ?

Over the past 100 years, America has brought peace and prosperity to billions around the world, while at the same time Muslims have been slaughtering and enslaving their neighbors, especially women, wholesale. Talk about the war that never ends. Shia vs. Sunni violence has been going on for centuries and, by the looks of Iraq, will continue for centuries more.

read more
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/26570
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Proposed New York Mosque   The  Proposed New York Mosque - Page 2 Empty8/15/2010, 12:10 pm

THAT'S WHAT PIZZES me OFF! Besides his non-swift action on deporting immigrants...and not dropping water down to the flooded plains out west in the USA, sending help to Russia while we are hard up...to help a fire near the nuclear plants...taking a fake trip to the "Gulf" actually swimming in the "bay" hundreds of miles away from the oil spilled beaches...
But endorses the Islam culture as if he needs to apologize for killing over 3,000 people at the World Trade Center....

Why didn't the Islamic idiots take on the NY mayor's offer of relocating them a little further away due to the wishes of the American people, especially NYorkers?

Why is always apologizing? What POTUS is to downgrade America by apologizing to idiots that have been killing even their own wives? It's a damn cult, don't tell me it is a religion.

If it was a religion, they would not be killing and demoralizing their women or children and fighting for hundreds oyears and bring their shanky azzes in here. Are they even legal???????

My gut says there is money coming from Osama or other enemies to make their mark. I don't trust the Islams in Bridgeview. 12 people on SSI and food stamps, and free medical resided in a three bedroom apt. where my friend used to live.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Proposed New York Mosque   The  Proposed New York Mosque - Page 2 Empty8/15/2010, 12:14 pm

Oh, and two brand-new SUVs at the time.

any woman fool enough to wear that garb to please a husband is not following a religion. It's a damn cult.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Proposed New York Mosque   The  Proposed New York Mosque - Page 2 Empty8/15/2010, 12:16 pm

just like the idiots at Waco.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Proposed New York Mosque   The  Proposed New York Mosque - Page 2 Empty8/15/2010, 12:18 pm

Need I to remind you that I typed the Final Call newspaper for Farrkhan and was shocked back then in the '70s that they were going to "wipe the whiteman out".

You know who I am Farrakhan...I think he needs to have his Final Call newspapers looked at by the FEDS dating all the way to the first edition. He's a killer, racists and hate-monger that urged the Muslims to kill.

who supports that mansion he lives in? Guess what...he's tax exempt...but his inside dealings are criminal.

He preaches to his followers much like that stupid idiot we can never find. I'll bet you an arm he's funneling money to hide the Osama Bin Losse-Head. I'll swear he's funneling money if only the FEDS would look into it. I'm going away for awhile - no computer access...but will contact the FEDS when I get back to check him out. I have proof I carried aound for 3 decades.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: The Proposed New York Mosque   The  Proposed New York Mosque - Page 2 Empty8/15/2010, 5:28 pm

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
While I have no problem with Obama telling an intently listening crowd gathered at the White House Friday evening to observe the Islamic holy month of Ramadan why did he have such a problem with the National Day of Prayer? Is it okay to have an Islamic function at the White House but not a Christian - remember the issue with the Christmas Tree decorations!

Artie nailed it. One's unconstitutional, the other isn't. And the last was nothing more than another paranoid fantasy of conservatives/Republicans.

Not even points for effort.

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
I look foolish?

Government conspiracies? Arguments that can't past a snopes test? Posts that read like nothing more than usual partisan hypocrisy: "it's bad 'cause a Democrat is doin' it now!! (but was fine when a conservative/Republican was/is!)"? At best, you're simply not making your case. At worst...

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
YOU voted for this clown, not I.

Because our alternative was Sarah f**king Palin. Not our fault the only alternative offered was an old man with a poor grasp on science and a hick creationist. Can't say our Salvation lied with them, either.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: The Proposed New York Mosque   The  Proposed New York Mosque - Page 2 Empty8/16/2010, 9:24 am