Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The New York Times - Still crazy after all these years

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
happy jack

The New York Times - Still crazy after all these years Empty
PostSubject: The New York Times - Still crazy after all these years   The New York Times - Still crazy after all these years Empty2/8/2009, 5:12 pm

Not content to merely bask in the glow over its complicity in electing a Messiah, the New York Times wastes no time in resuming its endorsement of the usurpation of the Constitution.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/08/opinion/08sun3.html?_r=1&ref=opinion
EDITORIAL
The Virginia Tech Betrayal

Published: February 7, 2009
Richmond lawmakers have callously rejected a gun control proposal sought as a memorial to the 32 students slain in the Virginia Tech massacre. Once more, state senators proved more beholden to the gun lobby’s propaganda and campaign money than to public safety.
The measure, sought by Gov. Tim Kaine after the 2007 campus spree, would have reined in the unfettered sales of lethal weaponry — from backwoods to battlefield guns — at weekend “sportsmen’s shows.”
With no background checks required on customers, the dealers present convicted felons and sociopaths an enormous loophole for mayhem. A federal study traced half of the crime guns in Washington, D.C., to Virginia. They move along the “Iron Pipeline” of weaponry infecting states along Interstate 95.
Governor Kaine resolved to impose background checks after the public agony of Virginia Tech laid bare the state’s porous gun laws. In the post-mortem, officials theorized that the suicidal shooter, suffering mental illness, could have been turned away from a licensed gun dealer. But Mr. Kaine properly reasoned that the shooter could turn to the unlicensed dealers to buy unlimited assault weapons and ammunition for his campus atrocity.
The Senate’s retreat from gun controls was compounded by its repeal of another worthy Kaine priority — a ban on people swaggering into bars with concealed weapons and make-my-day fantasies. Bereft of courage as public servants, the Richmond senators made clear their crocodile tears about “closure,” shed in the immediate horror of students gunned down. They also made clear the need for a federal law to bypass cowardly statehouses and to close gun-show loopholes.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: The New York Times - Still crazy after all these years   The New York Times - Still crazy after all these years Empty2/9/2009, 8:47 am

You got that right jack, nowhere in the constitution does say that mentally ill psychopaths, convicted felons & college students can not be gun owners.

Every college campus should have students "packing," especially at football games & frat parties.

The New York Times - Still crazy after all these years Frat-party-fans
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The New York Times - Still crazy after all these years   The New York Times - Still crazy after all these years Empty2/9/2009, 9:42 am

edge540 wrote:
You got that right jack, nowhere in the constitution does say that mentally ill psychopaths, convicted felons & college students can not be gun owners.

Every college campus should have students "packing," especially at football games & frat parties.

The Senate’s retreat from gun controls was compounded by its repeal of another worthy Kaine priority — a ban on people swaggering into bars with concealed weapons and make-my-day fantasies.

What would be the precise wording of a law such as this, edge, which you and the New York Times seem to endorse?
Which part would be the most difficult to enforce?
The part about 'swaggering'?
Or the part about 'fantasizing'?
If you are comfortable with the government enacting laws on how you may or may not walk or how you may or may not think, then I guess that this law is right up your alley.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New York Times - Still crazy after all these years   The New York Times - Still crazy after all these years Empty

Back to top Go down

The New York Times - Still crazy after all these years
Page 1 of 1