Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blago to fill senate seat

Go down 
+5
Face
Artie60438
paul87920
happy jack
sparks
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Blago to fill senate seat Empty
PostSubject: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty12/30/2008, 12:04 pm

Blago wants to name Roland Burris to Obama's senate seat. Does this man not realize what is going on around him?
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty12/30/2008, 12:12 pm

Burris would be smart to refuse the nomination. The Senate has already said they won't confirm anyone Blagojevich nominates. I think Blagojevich is suffering from a mental illness myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty12/30/2008, 2:06 pm

sparks wrote:
Burris would be smart to refuse the nomination.

I guess he isn't too smart. He just accepted the appointment.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty12/30/2008, 2:11 pm

I don't recall Burris being involved in any scandals but, simply for the fact that he is an entrenched Chicago political player, he is coming in with two strikes against him.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty12/30/2008, 2:16 pm

I don't see why Burris and Bobby Rush are so willing to throw themselves under the bus.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty12/30/2008, 2:53 pm

party42 wrote:
sparks wrote:
Burris would be smart to refuse the nomination.

I guess he isn't too smart. He just accepted the appointment.

Another sad and embarrassing day in Illinois politics.
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty12/30/2008, 2:58 pm

I can't understand this man. Everyone has told him his choice would not be seated, what is he trying to accomplish by doing this? Did his lawyer tell him to do this to somehow get mileage out of the impeachment going on in Springfield?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty12/30/2008, 3:31 pm

Apparently at the press conference,it came out that Burris's Law Office donated 14,000 to him,but nowhere near the time the seat became open. Maybe it's Blago's way of trying to pay him back? I just don't know who's dumber here. Blago for appointing him,or Burris for accepting.
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty12/30/2008, 5:00 pm

Burris for accepting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty12/30/2008, 5:19 pm

Just goes to show you what people are willing to do for money

If blago was smarter, he would have pushed for a no name nobody who has never held office, that way the person has a some what clean slate and couldn't be considered an insider
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty12/30/2008, 5:24 pm

mike3775 wrote:

If blago was smarter, he would have pushed for a no name nobody who has never held office, that way the person has a some what clean slate and couldn't be considered an insider

What outsider in their right mind,with a clean slate,would want to hook up with Blago? That would be the end of the clean slate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty12/30/2008, 6:16 pm

sparks wrote:
Burris would be smart to refuse the nomination. The Senate has already said they won't confirm anyone Blagojevich nominates. I think Blagojevich is suffering from a mental illness myself.
The dumb ass already is giddy, and is hoping to be accepted.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty12/30/2008, 7:40 pm

I was appalled when Rush threatened to take this to the Black Caucus or something like that. I can't remember the exact organization that he threatened to take this to, but I think it's asinine to make this a race issue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty12/30/2008, 7:54 pm

This was not the first time this issue has turned into a racial issue. Rush said 2 weeks ago that the seat should be filled by another African American. {I think it was Rush, maybe Jackson.} Anyway, why?

If Daley had said it should be filled with another white guy can you imagine the backlash?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty12/30/2008, 9:28 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
mike3775 wrote:

What outsider in their right mind,with a clean slate,would want to hook up with Blago? That would be the end of the clean slate.

Because an outsider may have a better chance of being accepted than another Chicago pol, like what was chosen

The only reason Burris was chosen is because Blago thinks the Senate would not refuse to seat a black guy, because then it would make the senate out to look like racists. And I guarantee, Jesse or Jesse Jr will play the race card when Burris is not seated
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty12/31/2008, 6:23 am

They are not going to support Burris...if they can skirt around the law.

The donations as a lobbyist from Burris to Blago is actually 20,000 buckaroos, with the last donation made in June of 2008.

The press is coming down hard on Blago; also the whole state of IL. Even Obama disapproves of this appointment.

Burris goes way back with Blago.

Bottom line is, Blago is seriously ill. He's telling the whole world, "Screw You." He's got a lot of nerve; he's screwing up the whole presidential thing; he's guilty as hell.

I'm predicting this won't go through. Once the portions of the tapes are allowed by the courts to be played to the impeachment panel, even Blago's nutty-looking/acting lawyer will be flush red in the face. To me, the lawyer is just taking the money from Blago.

Finally, when he (Blago) is reduced to nothing, watch his wife divorce him.

You don't play with Fitzgerald. He always has an air-tight case. Blago is definitely delusional; running against everyone's demand, he's insane. I wouldn't want to be married to that idiot. He's a disgrace and has been, since the beginning. I knew the FEDS were looking in on him back when he first started out as gov.

By the way, Rush is as stupid as Blago, bringing up the fact that the next guy has to be African-American. While it is mostly white, I feel no matter what color skin you have, it should be based on qualifications, ethics, and proof you are eligible to handle the job. I'm so sick of the race card. It has no room in this scandal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty12/31/2008, 7:36 am

UrRight wrote:

By the way, Rush is as stupid as Blago, bringing up the fact that the next guy has to be African-American. While it is mostly white, I feel no matter what color skin you have, it should be based on qualifications, ethics, and proof you are eligible to handle the job. I'm so sick of the race card. It has no room in this scandal.

Rush wasn't the only person who to say the next guy has to be AA- plenty of black leaders feel that this is a "black Senate seat" and an African-American should replace Obama. I agree 100% "not by the color of skin but by character".
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty1/3/2009, 7:23 am

My, my.
Democrats are preventing a man, legally appointed by the governor, from becoming the sole African-American in the U.S Senate.
Shameful.
Tsk.
Tsk.
Reminiscent of George Wallace standing in the schoolhouse door.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/01/01/aides-democrats-have-plan-if-burris-shows-up/
January 1, 2009
Aides: Democrats have plan if Burris shows up
Posted: 08:00 PM ET

(CNN) — Senate Democratic leaders think Roland Burris, Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich's pick to fill President-elect Barack Obama's vacant Senate seat, will likely show up on Capitol Hill Tuesday for the opening day of Congress, according to a Democratic aide familiar with Senate Democratic leaders' plans.
They have prepared a contingency plan in case he does, the aide added.
Burris will not be allowed on the Senate floor, according to this aide and a Senate Democratic leadership aide.

The aide familiar with Senate Democratic leaders' plans said if Burris tries to enter the Senate chamber, the Senate doorkeeper will stop Burris. If Burris were to persist, either trying to force his way onto the Senate floor or refusing to leave and causing a scene, U.S. Capitol Police would stop him, said the aide.
"They (police) probably won't arrest him" but they would call the sergeant-at-arms," the aide said.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty1/3/2009, 8:01 am

happy jack wrote:
My, my.
Democrats are preventing a man, legally appointed by the governor, from becoming the sole African-American in the U.S Senate.
Shameful.
Tsk.
Tsk.

Ahhh yes,right-wing concern all of a sudden. It couldn't possibly be that they want him seated because they believe,and rightly so,that he can't win in a general election,could it?

I wonder if they'll feel the same way about Al Franken,should he try to get seated Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty1/3/2009, 8:47 am

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
My, my.
Shameful.
Tsk.
Tsk.

Ahhh yes,right-wing concern all of a sudden. It couldn't possibly be that they want him seated because they believe,and rightly so,that he can't win in a general election,could it?

I wonder if they'll feel the same way about Al Franken,should he try to get seated Rolling Eyes

Rationalize it however you wish – it doesn’t change the underlying reality of the situation.
And, as I’ve said before, I wouldn’t mind seeing Franken seated, if only to place his idiocy prominently on the national stage.
Back to top Go down
board monkey

board monkey

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty1/3/2009, 8:50 am

This has nothing to do with the color of the canidate, it has all to do with the conduct of the man who decided who will be the canidate.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty1/3/2009, 9:13 am

board monkey wrote:
This has nothing to do with the color of the canidate

Of course it doesn't, as long as it's Democrats doing it.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty1/3/2009, 5:01 pm

happy jack wrote:
My, my.
Shameful.
Tsk.
Tsk.

My my, would jack say it's "Shameful" if the Dems let him become the sole African-American in the U.S Senate?
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty1/3/2009, 5:34 pm

happy jack wrote:
My, my.
Shameful.
Tsk.
Tsk.

You have got to be kidding me. Stop with the holier than thou.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty1/3/2009, 6:29 pm

Face wrote:
happy jack wrote:
My, my.
Shameful.
Tsk.
Tsk.

You have got to be kidding me. Stop with the holier than thou.

I suspect that he is kidding, face. I could be wrong, but I think he is making a larger point about how this would be perceived if the Republicans were the party seeking to exclude a legally appointed black Senator.

Blagojevich is a real piece of work. I think it's pretty obvious at this point that the reason that he picked Burris was to present a choice to the Democratic Senate leadership who would be difficult to oppose, if only because of his race. It remains to be seen how all of this plays out, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Democrats in the Senate allow Burris to be seated at some point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blago to fill senate seat   Blago to fill senate seat Empty

Back to top Go down

Blago to fill senate seat
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next