Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus

Go down 
+6
Scorpion
Heretic
happy jack
KarenT
UrRight
Artie60438
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
happy jack

Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty10/31/2011, 4:43 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Devastating.
Just devastating!!!
How much of a dork does one need to be in order to believe something like this makes any difference whatsoever?
(Oops. I forgot who I was dealing with.)
Cain originally said he didn't know anything about it or a settlement. What kind of CEO of a company would be unaware of something that potentially devastating? He's either a liar or he's just plain incompetent.

I love the fact the he decided he'd go to Greta Van Susteran for cover. Same Fixed News puppet who was chief water carrier for that idiot Palin/

Exactly what the hell is 'devastating' about this?

-- and I made a gesture saying you are the same height as my wife. And I brought my hand up to my chin saying, 'My wife comes up to my chin.'" At that point, Cain gestured with his flattened palm near his chin.

Oh my God - maybe he should be killed - or worse!!!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty10/31/2011, 5:03 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Cain originally said he didn't know anything about it or a settlement. What kind of CEO of a company would be unaware of something that potentially devastating? He's either a liar or he's just plain incompetent.

I love the fact the he decided he'd go to Greta Van Susteran for cover. Same Fixed News puppet who was chief water carrier for that idiot Palin/

Exactly what the hell is 'devastating' about this?[/b]

-- and I made a gesture saying you are the same height as my wife. And I brought my hand up to my chin saying, 'My wife comes up to my chin.'" At that point, Cain gestured with his flattened palm near his chin.

[b]Oh my God - maybe he should be killed - or worse!!![
Another episode of Wingnuttia "Then & Now".......
Earlier today at the National Press Club he claimed he was not aware of any settlement between the National Restaurant Association and the women who allegedly accused him of sexual harassment. A few hours later he sits down win Van Susteran and he's got a whole new version to tell. Rolling Eyes I wonder if she'll ask him about his inconsistency.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty10/31/2011, 5:22 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Exactly what the hell is 'devastating' about this?[/b]

Oh my God - maybe he should be killed - or worse!!![
Earlier today at the National Press Club he claimed he was not aware of any settlement between the National Restaurant Association and the women who allegedly accused him of sexual harassment. A few hours later he sits down win Van Susteran and he's got a whole new version to tell. Rolling Eyes I wonder if she'll ask him about his inconsistency.

I doubt that she, or anyone else, will ask him about that.
This is such a non-story that only you (or someone equally ridiculous, if there even is such a person) will continue to harp on it.

"My wife comes up to my chin"?!?!?

Please.

Artie60438 wrote:

What kind of CEO of a company would be unaware of something that potentially devastating?

The kind who would hire underlings sufficiently competent and intelligent to shield him from idiots who actually think this is a big deal.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty10/31/2011, 6:03 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

I doubt that she, or anyone else, will ask him about that.
This is such a non-story that only you (or someone equally ridiculous, if there even is such a person) will continue to harp on it.

"My wife comes up to my chin"?!?!?

Please.

Artie60438 wrote:

What kind of CEO of a company would be unaware of something that potentially devastating?

[b]The kind who would hire underlings sufficiently competent and intelligent to shield him from idiots who actually think this is a big deal.
It may have been a non-story at one point,but now that he's told 2 different versions it's going to an issue and a legitimate one. The last thing you want to do is lie or get caught in an inconsistency about a sexual allegation. If you don't believe me,just ask Anthony Wiener! Greta Van Watercarrier may not follow up as any responsible journalist would,but you can bet others will,including his opponents.

Is Herman your candidate? Shocked Have you chosen a candidate to support yet,or are you still going to be dodging the question?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty10/31/2011, 8:42 pm

For those of you trying to keep score at home....
Cain Timeline (Work in Progress)
Quote :
1. Politico allegations are false. Story is crap.

2. Yes, there were allegations. But they were false.

3. Yes there were allegations that were false and I don’t know what money was paid.

4. I don’t know whether money was paid. And it would be wrong for me to find out whether money was paid because it’s confidential.

5. There was a in-depth investigation. And I was cleared. But I don’t know anything about it.

6. Here’s the gesture that led to my getting accused of harassment.

7. Okay, I remember some discussion of a settlement number.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty10/31/2011, 9:31 pm

Here's the kind of stuff that is potentially damaging...

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/30/cain-campaign-responds-to-alleged-inappropriate-behavior/?hpt=hp_t2

Quote :
Jonathan Martin, senior political reporter for POLITICO, told CNN Monday one woman was asked to come to Cain's hotel room. She complained to an association board member, and was one of the women who subsequently left the organization, Martin said.

That said, it's all still "anonymous" sources so far. If it stays that way, then this will probably blow over quickly. But if it doesn't stay "anonymous," then this story will most likely stick around for a bit.

Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty10/31/2011, 9:53 pm

I also have a question for you, Jack...

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/31/herman-cain-faces-the-allegations-and-now-the-possible-repercussions/

Quote :
But the initial reaction to the reports about Mr. Cain from some conservatives seems to be the opposite. Ann Coulter, a conservative talk show host, helped spark a wave of support for Mr. Cain by calling the accusations “another high-tech lynching” and accusing “liberals” of going after him because he is “a black conservative.”

Brent Bozell, president of the Media Research Center, echoed that theme in an Internet posting, saying that “in the eyes of the liberal media, Herman Cain is just another uppity black American who has had the audacity to leave the liberal plantation. So they must destroy him, just as they tried destroying Clarence Thomas.”

Isn't this called "playing the race card?"
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty11/1/2011, 9:15 am

Scorpion wrote:

That said, it's all still "anonymous" sources so far. If it stays that way, then this will probably blow over quickly. But if it doesn't stay "anonymous," then this story will most likely stick around for a bit.
For all we know Cain may have already violated whatever type of confidentially agreement was put in place in the settlement agreement,thus allowing any victims to come forward.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty11/1/2011, 11:31 am

Scorpion wrote:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/31/herman-cain-faces-the-allegations-and-now-the-possible-repercussions/

Quote :
But the initial reaction to the reports about Mr. Cain from some conservatives seems to be the opposite. Ann Coulter, a conservative talk show host, helped spark a wave of support for Mr. Cain by calling the accusations “another high-tech lynching” and accusing “liberals” of going after him because he is “a black conservative.”

Brent Bozell, president of the Media Research Center, echoed that theme in an Internet posting, saying that “in the eyes of the liberal media, Herman Cain is just another uppity black American who has had the audacity to leave the liberal plantation. So they must destroy him, just as they tried destroying Clarence Thomas.”

I suppose it is.
But why are you confronting me on this issue?
Wouldn't it make more sense for you to confront Ms. Coulter and Mr. Bozell?
You know, the ones who actually said these things.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty11/1/2011, 11:36 am

Artie60438 wrote:

For all we know Cain may have already violated whatever type of confidentially agreement was put in place in the settlement agreement,thus allowing any victims to come forward.
For all we know, an asteroid may be getting ready to strike Earth.
What's your point?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty11/1/2011, 1:01 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

Quote :

I suppose it is.
But why are you confronting me on this issue?
Wouldn't it make more sense for you to confront Ms. Coulter and Mr. Bozell?
You know, the ones who actually said these things.

You've pointed out the "race card" many times....Just checking to see if you can spot the race card when it's played by the Conservatives. Glad to see that you're able to... I just think that it's ironic that the same conservatives who yell "race card" every time an accusation of racism is made against a conservative are so willing to blatantly play the race card themselves.

Hell, this thread was started because many of the same people were claiming that Cain was playing the race card against Perry.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty11/1/2011, 1:36 pm

Scorpion wrote:
... I just think that it's ironic that the same conservatives who yell "race card" every time an accusation of racism is made against a conservative are so willing to blatantly play the race card themselves.
I think it's even more ironic that liberals who manage to manufacture accusations of racism against anyone who disagrees with them, and who see racists around every corner and under every bed, have no qualms about engaging in racism when it suits their purposes.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty11/1/2011, 1:40 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
... I just think that it's ironic that the same conservatives who yell "race card" every time an accusation of racism is made against a conservative are so willing to blatantly play the race card themselves.
I think it's even more ironic that liberals who manage to manufacture accusations of racism against anyone who disagrees with them, and who see racists around every corner and under every bed, have no qualms about engaging in racism when it suits their purposes.

So you are saying that the accusations against Cain are racist?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty11/1/2011, 1:44 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[b]For all we know, an asteroid may be getting ready to strike Earth.
What's your point?
I apologize. I forgot that legal definitions and procedures go right over your head.

Paging Gloria Allred!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty11/1/2011, 1:53 pm

Keep digging Herman......
Cain said in Monday television appearances that he could remember only one specific incident in his accuser’s complaint. He described that episode again to Headline News this morning, saying it involved “putting my hand under my chin, standing near this lady, saying, ‘Oh, you’re the same height as my wife.’”

But this time, Cain went on to say that there had been “a couple of other things” in the complaint filed during his time at the National Restaurant Association, though he claimed not to remember the specifics.

The complaint concerned “the gesture with the height thing and there were a couple of other things in there that I found absolutely ridiculous,” Cain said, as HLN’s Robin Meade cut in asking him what “ridiculous” things he was referring to.

“I don’t even remember. They were so ridiculous, I don’t remember what they are,” Cain said.

The anchor pressed him: “You remember they were ridiculous, but you don’t remember what the other things were?”

“The reason I forgot them is because they were ridiculous. I dismissed them out of my mind,” Cain said.
“I said if she can make that stick and call that sexual harassment, fine. But it didn't stick, okay? So, I don't remember what they were. The only thing that I remember is the one gesture that I made, talking about the height.”
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/67337.html

Revision #999 coming soon Laughing
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty11/1/2011, 2:00 pm

Scorpion wrote:

No, I should have clarified - I'm not accusing anyone of racism in this instance. But what I am saying is that the accusations are pointless, unsubstantiated, and petty, and I will go out on a limb and predict that they will disappear within a news cycle or two.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty11/1/2011, 2:03 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

What's your point?
I apologize. I forgot that legal definitions
and procedures go right over your head.

"For all we know ...." is a legal definition?
Please explain.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty11/1/2011, 2:50 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

What's your point?

Please explain.
Like I said...It's over your head. Thanks for trolling though.
Sleep
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty11/1/2011, 2:52 pm

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

No, I should have clarified - I'm not accusing anyone of racism in this instance. But what I am saying is that the accusations are pointless, unsubstantiated, and petty, and I will go out on a limb and predict that they will disappear within a news cycle or two.

OK. So what exactly are you referring to when you say that "liberals have no qualms about engaging in racism when it suits their purposes?"

Last edited by Scorpion on 11/1/2011, 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty11/1/2011, 3:01 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
For those of you trying to keep score at home....
Cain Timeline (Work in Progress)
Quote :
1. Politico allegations are false. Story is crap.

2. Yes, there were allegations. But they were false.

3. Yes there were allegations that were false and I don’t know what money was paid.

4. I don’t know whether money was paid. And it would be wrong for me to find out whether money was paid because it’s confidential.

5. There was a in-depth investigation. And I was cleared. But I don’t know anything about it.

6. Here’s the gesture that led to my getting accused of harassment.

7. Okay, I remember some discussion of a settlement number.

Good old Herm's memory continues to
improve with age. Laughing
Quote :
The financial settlement with the accuser "was in the vicinity of 3 to 6 months' severance pay," he said, adding that the payment was "not outside our guidelines for what most people get ... when they leave the Restaurant Association involuntarily."
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty11/1/2011, 3:06 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

For all we know, an asteroid may be getting ready to strike Earth.
What's your point?

Please explain.
Like I said...It's over your head. Thanks for trolling though.
Sleep
Apparently, it's also over your head, as it seems that you are unable to explain it.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty11/1/2011, 3:12 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

Gee..who could have predicted this......
A Little Detail Van Susteren Left Out Of Her Cain Interview: Her Husband's A Supporter
Quote :
Greta Van Susteren conducted a long, mostly friendly interview with Herman Cain last night in which they went over many details of the sexual harassment allegations that have been made against him. But somehow she forgot to mention that her husband is a self-identified friend of Cain's.

As Politico reported (H/T Media Matters), Van Susteren's husband, John Coale, was found in "the members-only area where Cain was camped out" after Cain's speech to the National Press Club yesterday and was asked if he was there as an advisor or just a friend or supporter.

Quote :
He replied that he was there as a "friend" of Cain.
Coale, a well-known friend of Sarah Palin and her family, previously told POLITICO that Cain would "be my guy if Sarah doesn't get in," explaining: "The less establishment, the better."

Will slobbering home visits with the Cain family be in the offing if he makes it on to the national ticket?
I made a point to watch the interview and Greta didn't disappoint me. Not ONE question regarding the timeline,his contradictions,or the rolling disclosures. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty11/1/2011, 3:18 pm

[quote="Scorpion"]
Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

OK. So what exactly are you referring to when you say that "liberals have no qualms about engaging in racism when it suits their purposes?"
For one example, the infantilization of (and the pandering to) fill in the aggrieved minority when, in trying to secure the fill in the aggrieved minority vote, by promising affirmative action, special recognition, hate crime laws, etc., the implication being that fill in the aggrieved minority voters are incapable of functioning on their own and must rely on government policies for their well-being.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty11/1/2011, 5:17 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

For one example, the infantilization of (and the pandering to) fill in the aggrieved minority when, in trying to secure the fill in the aggrieved minority vote, by promising affirmative action, special recognition, hate crime laws, etc., the implication being that fill in the aggrieved minority voters are incapable of functioning on their own and must rely on government policies for their well-being.

Yeah. Well pandering isn't the same thing as "engaging in racism," is it?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty11/1/2011, 5:20 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

What's your point?
Look out Jacko,the other shoe may be dropping soon affraid and the victim's lawyer seems to agree with what I said.
Herman Cain Accuser Wants To Come Forward
Quote :
A potentially huge shoe is dropping in the Herman Cain harassment scandal: one of his accusers indicated through her lawyer on Tuesday that she wants to come forward and tell her side of the story.

Joel P. Bennett, an attorney to one of the two National Restaurant Association employees who allegedly accused Cain of sexual harassment, told the Washington Post on Tuesday that his client is currently barred from speaking by a mutual non-disparagement agreement with the organization. But he says that agreement is being violated by Cain already, who has taken to the press to slam the harassment claim as “baseless,” and that she now wants to come forward and reveal herself to set the record straight.

“It is just frustrating that Herman Cain is going around bad-mouthing the two complainants, and my client is blocked by a confidentiality agreement,” Bennett said. “The National Restaurant Association ought to release them and allow them to respond.”

Bennett told the Post that if his client, who now works in the federal government, were given permission to speak about the incident “then it is whole new ballgame.”

If you have nothing to hide,Herman,just waive the confidentiality clause Laughing :bball:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next