Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus

Go down 
+6
Scorpion
Heretic
happy jack
KarenT
UrRight
Artie60438
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
happy jack

Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/28/2011, 2:28 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Heretic wrote:
Yeah, he's basically a black Palin.
I have thought the exact same thing.
You should probably make inquiries as to whether he has a young boy for whom you could develop an obsession.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/28/2011, 4:02 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Heretic wrote:
Yeah, he's basically a black Palin.
I have thought the exact same thing.
[b]You should probably make inquiries as to whether he has a young boy for whom you could develop an obsession.
Please refrain from projecting your sickness onto others.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/28/2011, 4:47 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

Actually, Paul is absolutely correct.
I never said he wasn't
Quote :
Are you saying that the Republican Party wouldn't support Cain if he wins the nomination?
IMO,We'll never know since he'll never be the nominee.

I personally don't think he'll be the nominee, either. But that's not the question that I asked, is it?
No,it isn't. I just don't see any reason to speculate on something that will never occur.

Yeah, well I was reading an article by Nate Silver today and I thought about your statements, Artie...

Herman Cain, Outlier

Quote :
Frankly, I think it is quite arrogant to say that the man leading in the polls two months before Iowa has no chance, especially given that there is a long history in politics and other fields of experts being overconfident when they make predictions.

One reason that experts make overconfident predictions is because they often aren’t held accountable when they are wrong. So in an effort to raise the stakes, I asked on my Twitter feed whether there were any experts willing to gamble their jobs on their predictions and would promise to stop writing about politics if Mr. Cain in fact wins the nomination. There is absolutely no reward to taking this bet — however, if you believe that Mr. Cain’s chances are truly zero, there is also absolutely no risk.

So how about you? Are you willing to quit posting here about politics if Cain wins the nomination?

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/28/2011, 6:08 pm

Scorpion wrote:

So how about you? Are you willing to quit posting here about politics if Cain wins the nomination?
Absolutely!! One caveat though. If by some miracle Cain got more delegates votes than anyone else but not enough to win the nomination I win. Unless of course he gets the nomination due to a brokered convention,in which case I will unplug my computer and never log on again to the Internet as long as I live Laughing

You know as much as I respect Nate Silver and his polling predictions I was stunned by his article. Cain has all of 25% and he's being propped up by Romney not going after him strongly.
If this were a gambling situation like a horse race Cain would be known as a "phony favorite".
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/29/2011, 6:34 am

Romney is set to win the first 5 primary/caucus races. Romney doesn't have to go after him strongly. There's no reason he should even behave like he has opponents.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/29/2011, 7:59 am

paul87920 wrote:
Romney is set to win the first 5 primary/caucus races. Romney doesn't have to go after him strongly. There's no reason he should even behave like he has opponents.
Are you including Iowa,Paul? I don't see Romney winning there.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/30/2011, 2:46 am

Artie60438 wrote:
paul87920 wrote:
Are you including Iowa,Paul? I don't see Romney winning there.

It's funny how quick statements like that change. LOL! Now Ron Paul has done won the straw poll. Razz
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/30/2011, 1:40 pm

Me thinks Artie was so excited about Obama being black and all, praising, defending...and lately so silent on urging others to re-elect him.. Was it his skin color or the party Obama represented? Obama was the GOD.

Little Cain came along with the same old damn three things he had to do: pay taxes, stay black and die. Not a peep out of ole'Artie, my dear friend. Why, I thought the ole' skeezer (you, Artie) would be proud knowing his hero Obama wasn't so special afterall and there was another black comin' along.

Yet, he disapproves ole'man Cain raisin' Cain.

No peeopodoo-drum from Artie, so it must be the party.

Love ya Artie...just fluckin' with yA.

Bill Crosby would be my choice. Now, that guy would get everyone's vote. Think I'll start a petition for his audition. Very Happy

By the way, I'm still sitting back laughing at unqualified idiots running for POTUS. Even with a half a brain they think they can replace him. Well...maybe.

I'm not voting for any of them..so far.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/30/2011, 1:54 pm

UrRight wrote:

Bill Crosby would be my choice.
Bing's younger, darker brother?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/30/2011, 2:00 pm

paul87920 wrote:

Truthfully Paul, so far he's the professional. But, as usual, they change after being elected.

I've talked to so many old timers from the south, they said "Ain't votin' this time".

That was just old Stoney sitting at a bar while I was picking up chicken wings and BLT's down south, and everyone was echoing in the background, "Damn right we ain't!"

The atmosphere got where I wished I never asked ole'Stoney why he felt the way he did. My GOODNESS, VFW, American Legion jackets/caps all around the bar.

Told them I had to pee outside, bathroom was too far in at the bar. Took the food and while storming out the door, told them, "You'all need that oil thing, you old geezers....remember?"

Stoney was so pizzed off...he gave me orders to come back by three p.m.

Asked him why the time frame. He stated he needed an "oil change".

Damn geezer won't get a hearing aid.

Incidentally, he worked for city of Hammond 30 years ago. (Former conversation). Said he left after citing names where he worked in a certain dept. Couldn't stand the corruption and left for greener fields. Asked him if it was any different down "there". "Hell NO. At least I'm not having to cover anyone elses' azz!"

"There's two things I hate: my wife and politicians."

You go, Stoney!!!!!
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/30/2011, 2:34 pm

happy jack wrote:
UrRight wrote:

Bill Crosby would be my choice.
Bing's younger, darker brother?

The black comedian..slips my mind..not the singer dreaming of a White Christmas..the Comedian who addressed a bunch of youths saying.."I couldn't understand why you talk the way you do until I met your mothers". That guy.

Bill Cosby or Crosby? I get confused being they were on a turn-table in my days...not that I'm that old..we just stuck with whatever served the purpose in those days.

It took my mom thirty years to talk my dad into getting rid of rpms, vinyl records, and the needle. He's gone now, and she doesn't know how to operate the upgrades.

Crosby's the joker, Cosby is the singer..been awhile. Correct me. Who's Bing? Yeah, come to think of it, there was a Bing - what did he do? I forgot. Is he Bing Cosby and Bill is Bill Crosby? Enlighten me. Damn... I must be getting old. Tell that to my heart!
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/30/2011, 3:02 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

Absolutely!! One caveat though. If by some miracle Cain got more delegates votes than anyone else but not enough to win the nomination I win. Unless of course he gets the nomination due to a brokered convention,in which case I will unplug my computer and never log on again to the Internet as long as I live Laughing

You know as much as I respect Nate Silver and his polling predictions I was stunned by his article. Cain has all of 25% and he's being propped up by Romney not going after him strongly.
If this were a gambling situation like a horse race Cain would be known as a "phony favorite".

Well, Nate is a statistician, and all he is really saying is that Cain's situation is unprecedented, and there is not enough data at this point to be able to say that Cain has no chance.

Quote :
There is simply no precedent for a candidate like Mr. Cain, one with such strong polling but such weak fundamentals. We do have some basic sense that both categories are important. This evidence is probably persuasive enough to say that Mr. Cain’s chances are much less than implied by his polling alone. They may, in fact, be fairly slim.

But slim (say, positing Mr. Cain’s odds at 50-to-1 against) is much different than none (infinity-to-1 against). We don’t know enough about the way these factors interact, and we can’t be sure enough that the way they’ve interacted in the past will continue on into the future, to say that Mr. Cain has no chance or effectively no chance.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/31/2011, 7:47 am

Say goodnight,Herman....
Politico: Herman Cain faced sexual harassment charges at trade group
Quote :
During Herman Cain’s tenure as the head of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s, at least two female employees complained to colleagues and senior association officials about inappropriate behavior by Cain, ultimately leaving their jobs at the trade group, multiple sources confirm to POLITICO.

The women complained of sexually suggestive behavior by Cain that made them angry and uncomfortable, the sources said, and they signed agreements with the restaurant group that gave them financial payouts to leave the association. The agreements also included language that bars the women from talking about their departures.

In a series of comments over the past 10 days, Cain and his campaign repeatedly declined to respond directly about whether he ever faced allegations of sexual harassment at the restaurant association. They have also declined to address questions about specific reporting confirming that there were financial settlements in two cases in which women leveled complaints.

POLITICO has confirmed the identities of the two female restaurant association employees who complained about Cain but, for privacy concerns, is not publishing their names.

I loved his response to the allegations when reporters caught up to him.....
Quote :
He was then asked, “Have you ever been accused, sir, in your life of harassment by a woman?”

He breathed audibly, glared at the reporter and stayed silent for several seconds. After the question was repeated three times, he responded by asking the reporter, “Have you ever been accused of sexual harassment?”
Priceless!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/31/2011, 11:14 am

When it rains it pours......
Aides’ Corporation May Have Illegally Gotten Cain Campaign Off The Ground
Quote :
Long before Herman Cain chief of staff Mark Block was appearing in the most mocked campaign ad of the presidential campaign so far, he and deputy chief of staff Linda Hansen started a Wisconsin corporation that the Journal Sentinel reports illegally helped the GOP presidential candidate get his campaign off the ground.

According to sources and documents obtained by the newspaper, Prosperity USA, founded by Block and Hansen, footed the bill “for tens of thousands of dollars in expenses for such items as iPads, chartered flights and travel to Iowa and Las Vegas - something that might breach federal tax and campaign law.” Daniel Bice reports:

Quote :
It is not known if Cain’s election fund eventually paid back Prosperity USA, which now appears defunct. The candidate’s federal election filings make no mention of the debt, and the figures in the documents don’t match payments made by the candidate’s campaign.

In addition to picking up these expenses at least initially, Prosperity USA also paid as much as $100,000 to the Congress of Racial Equality, a conservative black organization, shortly before Cain was a featured speaker at the group’s annual Martin Luther King Jr. dinner in mid-January.
Records show that Prosperity USA’s largest asset was nearly $40,000 owed to the organization by “FOH” — Friends of Herman Cain — which the Journal Sentinel reports owed “nearly $15,000 for an ‘Atlanta invoice,’ about $17,000 for chartered flight service and $5,000 for travel and meetings in Iowa, Las Vegas, Houston, Dallas and Louisiana. The document says the Cain campaign had been billed $3,700 for iPads purchased on Jan. 4.’”

The Journal Sentinel said the records suggest that Prosperity USA “had been underwriting travel for Cain even before he announced his plans to run for president.”

“I just don’t see how they can justify this,” a national election expert told the Journal Sentinel. “It’s a total mess.”

Read the full report HERE.

Late update: Cain told Fox News he and his staff were not aware of the report and needed time to go though it. “I didn’t even know about it until you brought it up on the show,” Cain said.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/31/2011, 11:33 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Would it make you happier if you learned that Cain's political career was launched from the home of a man who participated in bombings in the 60's, as was the political career of ....?
Oh, wait, we can't talk about that.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/31/2011, 1:24 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
[b]Would it make you happier if you learned that Cain's political career was launched from the home of a man who participated in bombings in the 60's, as was the political career of ....?
That allegation has been beaten to death. Whether it's true or not it's not illegal to meet in someone's house.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/31/2011, 1:38 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
[b]Would it make you happier if you learned that Cain's political career was launched from the home of a man who participated in bombings in the 60's, as was the political career of ....?
That allegation has been beaten to death. Whether it's true or not it's not illegal to meet in someone's house.
Of course it's not illegal to meet in someone's house - I never said that it was. But it is quite apparent that an admitted bomber recognized something within Obama to make him believe that Obama would further the bomber's own goals, and he apparently recognized enough of himself within Obama that he thought it prudent to kick-start Obama's political career.
Incidentally, how many days (or hours) do you think it will take for your cute little Cain story to utterly disappear from the news?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/31/2011, 2:24 pm

happy jack wrote:
But it is quite apparent that an admitted bomber recognized something within Obama to make him believe that Obama would further the bomber's own goals, and he apparently recognized enough of himself within Obama that he thought it prudent to kick-start Obama's political career.

What a load of crap.

Quote :
It was later in 1995 that Mr. Ayers and Ms. Dohrn hosted the gathering, in their town house three blocks from Mr. Obama’s home, at which State Senator Alice J. Palmer, who planned to run for Congress, introduced Mr. Obama to a few Democratic friends as her chosen successor.

That was one of several such neighborhood events as Mr. Obama prepared to run, said A. J. Wolf, the 84-year-old emeritus rabbi of KAM Isaiah Israel Synagogue, across the street from Mr. Obama’s current house.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/04/us/politics/04ayers.html?pagewanted=2

IIRC, Ayres hadn't even met Obama before hosting a political "coffee" which was for Palmer as much as Obama.

There is "nothing to see here," and there never was....
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/31/2011, 2:50 pm

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
But it is quite apparent that an admitted bomber recognized something within Obama to make him believe that Obama would further the bomber's own goals, and he apparently recognized enough of himself within Obama that he thought it prudent to kick-start Obama's political career.

What a load of crap.

Quote :
It was later in 1995 that Mr. Ayers and Ms. Dohrn hosted the gathering, in their town house three blocks from Mr. Obama’s home, at which State Senator Alice J. Palmer, who planned to run for Congress, introduced Mr. Obama to a few Democratic friends as her chosen successor.

That was one of several such neighborhood events as Mr. Obama prepared to run, said A. J. Wolf, the 84-year-old emeritus rabbi of KAM Isaiah Israel Synagogue, across the street from Mr. Obama’s current house.

IIRC, Ayres hadn't even met Obama before hosting a political "coffee" which was for Palmer as much as Obama.

Of course there's "nothing to see here" if you willingly keep your eyes tightly shut, as did the media throughout the Coronation of The One.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/31/2011, 3:30 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:

What a load of crap.

Quote :

Of course there's "nothing to see here" if you willingly keep your eyes tightly shut, as did the media throughout the Coronation of The One.

Yeah. Right. This is coming from someone who probably hasn't even watched a single Republican debate this year. You haven't, have you?

The simple fact of the matter is that Barack was throughly vetted by the media during his truly epic battle with Hillary during the Democratic Primary process.

Of course, I doubt that you were paying much attention during that time period. It was a brutal fight for the nomination, and the media certainly wasn't handing out free passes.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/31/2011, 3:39 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Say goodnight,Herman....
Politico: Herman Cain faced sexual harassment charges at trade group
Quote :
During Herman Cain’s tenure as the head of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s, at least two female employees complained to colleagues and senior association officials about inappropriate behavior by Cain, ultimately leaving their jobs at the trade group, multiple sources confirm to POLITICO.

The women complained of sexually suggestive behavior by Cain that made them angry and uncomfortable, the sources said, and they signed agreements with the restaurant group that gave them financial payouts to leave the association. The agreements also included language that bars the women from talking about their departures.

In a series of comments over the past 10 days, Cain and his campaign repeatedly declined to respond directly about whether he ever faced allegations of sexual harassment at the restaurant association. They have also declined to address questions about specific reporting confirming that there were financial settlements in two cases in which women leveled complaints.

POLITICO has confirmed the identities of the two female restaurant association employees who complained about Cain but, for privacy concerns, is not publishing their names.

I loved his response to the allegations when reporters caught up to him.....
Quote :
He was then asked, “Have you ever been accused, sir, in your life of harassment by a woman?”

He breathed audibly, glared at the reporter and stayed silent for several seconds. After the question was repeated three times, he responded by asking the reporter, “Have you ever been accused of sexual harassment?”
Priceless!

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/cain-details-gesture-led-sex-charge

Van Susteren asked what Cain did that led to the accusation. There were reportedly more than one accusations in the complaint, but Cain said he recalled just one incident. "She was in my office one day, and I made a gesture saying -- and I was standing close to her -- and I made a gesture saying you are the same height as my wife. And I brought my hand up to my chin saying, 'My wife comes up to my chin.'" At that point, Cain gestured with his flattened palm near his chin. "And that was put in there [the complaint] as something that made her uncomfortable," Cain said, "something that was in the sexual harassment charge."

Devastating.
Just devastating!!!
How much of a dork does one need to be in order to believe something like this makes any difference whatsoever?
(Oops. I forgot who I was dealing with.)

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/31/2011, 3:43 pm

Scorpion wrote:

Yeah. Right. This is coming from someone who probably hasn't even watched a single Republican debate this year.
Incredibly witty comeback.
What one has to do with the other, I cannot even begin to guess.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/31/2011, 3:53 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

Yeah. Right. This is coming from someone who probably hasn't even watched a single Republican debate this year.
Incredibly witty comeback.
What one has to do with the other, I cannot even begin to guess.

Perhaps you could "guess" by reading the rest of my post. If you want me to put it bluntly, it comes down to this... you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

To say that the media somehow gave Barack a "free pass" is a joke. If you don't even follow the nominating process for your own party, I highly doubt that you were paying attention to the fight for the Democratic nomination.

Does that clear things up?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/31/2011, 4:11 pm

Scorpion wrote:

To say that the media somehow gave Barack a "free pass" is a joke.
Then it was a joke that managed to go over the heads of every person who honestly assessed His treatment by the media.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty10/31/2011, 4:35 pm

happy jack wrote:

Devastating.
[b]Just devastating!!!
How much of a dork does one need to be in order to believe something like this makes any difference whatsoever?
(Oops. I forgot who I was dealing with.)
Cain originally said he didn't know anything about it or a settlement. What kind of CEO of a company would be unaware of something that potentially devastating? He's either a liar or he's just plain incompetent.

I love the fact the he decided he'd go to Greta Van Susteran for cover. Same Fixed News puppet who was chief water carrier for that idiot Palin/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus    Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Herman Cain Getting Thrown Under the Bus
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next