Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

"Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 9:38 am

I get what you are saying, but it's only a weapon if you allow it to be a weapon. I refuse to let anyone call me some name and incite a reaction from me. Sticks and stones.
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 9:54 am

Well it seems that the RNC is taking some heat for just words.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/27/obama.song/index.html
The chairman of the Republican National Committee said he was "appalled" by a song called "Barack the Magic Negro" on a CD distributed by one of his political rivals.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 10:12 am

Just another nail in their coffin when it comes to attracting Black,Latino,or other minority voters.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 10:46 am

sparks wrote:
When one member of a group acts dishonorably, it does bring shame to the entire organization.
Here's one member of your group acting dishonorably, Sparkles.
Are you feeling the shame yet?

http://www.theawarenesscenter.org/Yarrow_Peter.html
Pleaded guilty to taking "immoral and improper liberties" with a 14-year-old girl back in 1970.
As reported at the time, the girl and her 17-year-old sister went to Yarrow's hotel room seeking an autograph. Yarrow answered the door naked and made sexual advances that stopped short of intercourse. The 14-year-old resisted his advances but did not call for help. Yarrow served three months of a one- to three-year prison sentence and was pardoned by Carter in 1981. Peter Yarrow was married to the niece of Democratic Senator Eugene J. McCarthy at the time of the pardon.
The singer has acknowledged the incident as "the most terrible mistake I have ever made."
What he doesn't say but you can't help wondering is, would it have received any of the same attention had it been Mick Jagger, or any one of rock's bad boys, in that hotel room? Did his arrest, and the subsequent outrage, have anything to do with the fact that this was the man who wrote "Puff?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peter-yarrow/my-response-to-the-mean-s_b_153808.html
Peter Yarrow
Posted December 28, 2008 | 02:16 PM (EST)

My Response to the Mean-Spirited "Barack the Magic Negro"

The sending of a Christmas greeting by Chip Saltsman to the members of the Republican National Committee that includes a recording of the so-called parody, "Barack the Magic Negro" is not only offensive, it is shocking and saddening in the extreme. It flies in the face of America's deeply held hope for a new era in which common ground and mutual respect characterize the exchanges between our national leaders.

I and my co-writer of "Puff," Lenny Lipton, have been eagerly awaiting an end to the mean-spiritedness, outright disrespect and bigotry that was commonplace prior to this last presidential election. What might have been wearily accepted as "the way it was" in the campaign, is now unacceptable. Obama is not a candidate. He is the President-Elect, and this song insults the office of the Presidency, the people who voted for him, as well as those who did not -- and taking a children's song and twisting it in such vulgar, mean-spirited way, is a slur to our entire country and our common agreement to move beyond racism.
It is almost unimaginable to me that Chip Saltzman who sent the CD, would seriously be considered for the top post of the Republican National Committee. Puff, himself, if asked, would certainly agree.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 11:38 am

happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:
When one member of a group acts dishonorably, it does bring shame to the entire organization.

Pleaded guilty to taking "immoral and improper liberties" with a 14-year-old girl back in 1970.

Had to set the wayback machine to 1970?
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 11:38 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Just another nail in their coffin when it comes to attracting Black,Latino,or other minority voters.
It's as if they are deliberately trying to undermine the Republican party. You would think after the eight debacle of GWB, they would work on improving their image.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 12:02 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:

Had to set the wayback machine to 1970?
No, not at all. Yarrow just seemed pertinent to this topic.
Who, after all, can forget:

Michael Moore
George Soros
Sean Penn
Susan Sarandon
Cindy Sheehan
Barbra Streisand
John Kerry
Ted Kennedy
Harry Reid
Nancy Pelosi
Dan Rather
Rosie O'Donnell
Joy Behar
MoveOn.org
Daily Kos
Code Pink
World Can't Wait
etc., etc., etc. ........

Well, you get the idea. I could type for hours and still not finish this list.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 12:05 pm

sparks wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
It's as if they are deliberately trying to undermine the Republican party. You would think after the eight debacle of GWB, they would work on improving their image.

Their main problem is that they don't have any leaders to take their party forward and that mainstream Americans are going to look up to.
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 12:15 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Their main problem is that they don't have any leaders to take their party forward and that mainstream Americans are going to look up to.

I understand you are talking about the GOP, but the same can be said for the Democratic party as well. Obama went against the leadership of the party and won. With Reid, Polosi (sp), and Dick Derbin, I am afraid that the Democrats are leaning too far to the left. This certianly isn't the party I grew up with. The leadership needs to get more in the center and stop giving in to the very vocal left.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 1:04 pm

Face wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

I understand you are talking about the GOP, but the same can be said for the Democratic party as well. Obama went against the leadership of the party and won. With Reid, Polosi (sp), and Dick Derbin, I am afraid that the Democrats are leaning too far to the left. This certianly isn't the party I grew up with. The leadership needs to get more in the center and stop giving in to the very vocal left.

Well we certainly didn't do too bad in the last election,did we? Now can you please give me some examples of how we are "leaning too far to the left"?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 1:07 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Now can you please give me some examples of how we are "leaning too far to the left"?
Sure.

Michael Moore
George Soros
Sean Penn
Susan Sarandon
Cindy Sheehan
Barbra Streisand
John Kerry
Ted Kennedy
Harry Reid
Nancy Pelosi
Dan Rather
Rosie O'Donnell
Joy Behar
MoveOn.org
Daily Kos
Code Pink
World Can't Wait
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 1:09 pm

Face wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

When Clinton went more in the center in his bid to be reelected at all costs, we ended up with NAFTA. I would hope that Obama supports typical Democratic issues like jobs, energy independence, protecting the environment, worker rights, regulation of financial institutions and better public education.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 1:15 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Now can you please give me some examples of how we are "leaning too far to the left"?
Sure.

Michael Moore
George Soros
Sean Penn
Susan Sarandon
Cindy Sheehan
Barbra Streisand
John Kerry
Ted Kennedy
Harry Reid
Nancy Pelosi
Dan Rather
Rosie O'Donnell
Joy Behar
MoveOn.org
Daily Kos
Code Pink
World Can't Wait

Do I need to post a list of the right wingers that have been sent home packing by voters the last 2 elections? Just keep doing what you're doing Razz
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 1:33 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Sure.

Michael Moore
George Soros
Sean Penn
Susan Sarandon
Cindy Sheehan
Barbra Streisand
John Kerry
Ted Kennedy
Harry Reid
Nancy Pelosi
Dan Rather
Rosie O'Donnell
Joy Behar
MoveOn.org
Daily Kos
Code Pink
World Can't Wait
Only three of the people on your list are elected Democrats who represent us. Most of the rest of them are people who use their celebrity to aid causes they support. The way you are behaving by trying to bash others is the reason the Republican party is in such bad shape. Maybe if Chip Saltsman spent less time mailing offensive CD's to the rest of the RNC, he could think of solutions to some of the country's problems.

Edited by Admin. You can disagree with a message. Don't attack the messenger. Original text can be viewed by clicking on the spoiler box. There was no need for this sentence. My patience is wearing thin.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 1:39 pm

Edited by Admin. Click on spoiler box to view original text.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 1:39 pm

I still fail to see why this is such a big deal here. I say here, meaning this board, I have heard very little about this on TV. It is just a parody much like the JibJab parodies that make fun of Dems and Reps.

I think this country has bigger problems right now that we all should be spending our time on.
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 1:40 pm

sparks wrote:
When Clinton went more in the center in his bid to be reelected at all costs, we ended up with NAFTA.
I would argue taht NAFTA isn't a bad thing overall.

sparks wrote:
I would hope that Obama supports typical Democratic issues like jobs, energy independence, protecting the environment, worker rights, regulation of financial institutions and better public education.

Regulation of the financial institutions has been a total failure and since the Democrats have been the "ruling" party in congress as of late, I would argue that Obama can't do any better considering the leadership we have in congress.

Workers rights, how many more rights do workers need? If someone breaks the rights of workers, I don't see that as a partisian issue at all.

Protecting the enviroment, at what cost do we do that? At our own peril? So far it has come to that.

Energy independence, how can the government support such a plan? Throw tax money at it?

Jobs, if you really think that he has the ability to do that by only being on the left, then think again. Both Clinton and Reagan had huge job increases in their Presidency.

Better public education, well if you talk to the far left, accountability for teachers is a big no no. Every job that I have held has always had an accountablility clause.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 2:03 pm

Face wrote:

Regulation of the financial institutions has been a total failure and since the Democrats have been the "ruling" party in congress as of late, I would argue that Obama can't do any better considering the leadership we have in congress.

Ruling party? Republicans tried to block everything and then there was a Bush veto always on the horizon. That's going to change come January.
Quote :

Jobs, if you really think that he has the ability to do that by only being on the left, then think again. Both Clinton and Reagan had huge job increases in their Presidency.

No comparison at all. Reagan doubled the deficit while Clinton left us a surplus.
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 2:11 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Face wrote:

Ruling party? Republicans tried to block everything and then there was a Bush veto always on the horizon. That's going to change come January.
Yes the Democrats have been the ruling party since GWB was in office. Yes the GOP did block a lot, just as the democrats did as well.

Artie60438 wrote:
[quote=Face"]

No comparison at all. Reagan doubled the deficit while Clinton left us a surplus.[/quote]

What the hell does job creation have to do with the deficit? Nothing at all.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 2:41 pm

Face wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Face wrote:

Yes the Democrats have been the ruling party since GWB was in office.

That's not even close to being true,except for the last 2 years,where we had a tiny margin. R's controlled the house from 2001-2007 and in the Senate from 2004-2007,except for a year and a half during the 107th with a 1 seat majority
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 2:49 pm

I stand corrected.
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 2:55 pm

Michael Moore - Not a Democratic Leader by any streach
George Soros - Not a Democratic Leader by any streach
Sean Penn - Not a Democratic Leader by any streach
Susan Sarandon - Not a Democratic leader by any streach
Cindy Sheehan -Not a Democratic leader by any streach
Barbra Streisand-Not a Democratic leader by any streach
John Kerry- A failed Presidential bid makes him a leader of the Democratic Party?
Ted Kennedy
Harry Reid
Nancy Pelosi
Dan Rather-Not a Democratic leader by any streach
Rosie O'Donnell-Not a Democratic leader by any streach
Joy Behar-Not a Democratic leader by any streach
MoveOn.org - Not mainstream Democratic
Daily Kos - Not mainsteam Democratic
Code Pink - Not mainstream Democratic
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 3:06 pm

Face wrote:
Michael Moore - Not a Democratic Leader by any streach
George Soros - Not a Democratic Leader by any streach
Sean Penn - Not a Democratic Leader by any streach
Susan Sarandon - Not a Democratic leader by any streach
Cindy Sheehan -Not a Democratic leader by any streach
Barbra Streisand-Not a Democratic leader by any streach
John Kerry- A failed Presidential bid makes him a leader of the Democratic Party?
Ted Kennedy
Harry Reid
Nancy Pelosi
Dan Rather-Not a Democratic leader by any streach
Rosie O'Donnell-Not a Democratic leader by any streach
Joy Behar-Not a Democratic leader by any streach
MoveOn.org - Not mainstream Democratic
Daily Kos - Not mainsteam Democratic
Code Pink - Not mainstream Democratic
I never intended to imply that all of the people on the list were Democrat leaders. I included the celebrities on the list because they, and many others like them, are the public faces of the Left and, due to their high visibility, loud mouths, and massive egos, are most easily and readily associated with the views of the Democrat party.
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 3:24 pm

happy jack wrote:
I never intended to imply that all of the people on the list were Democrat leaders. I included the celebrities on the list because they, and many others like them, are the public faces of the Left and, due to their high visibility, loud mouths, and massive egos, are most easily and readily associated with the views of the Democrat party.

They or at least the majority on the list may be what the others (those who don't align themselves with the Democratic party) want to be the views of the Democratic party, but they are but the very vocal minority.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty12/29/2008, 3:56 pm

happy jack wrote:

Quote :
Finally, there are big name celebrities that have endorsed Republicans in 2008. Movie and television stars such as Kelsey Grammer and Adam Sandler are backing Rudy Giuliani. While promoting the new "Rambo" film, Sylvester Stallone threw his weight behind John McCain.

Just admit it....You're jealous of ours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC   "Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Barack the Magic Negro" parody song draws support from RNC
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next