Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

tonights show

Go down 
+8
voter3
Penguin
board monkey
Mailman
sparks
UrRight
Artie60438
the oracle
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
the oracle

the oracle

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: tonights show   tonights show Empty9/14/2009, 3:03 pm

unfortunately due to unrelated to the news story over the weekend, dave is going likely going to have to miss tonight and possibly thursday as well.

as you can imagine i have a lot of thoughts on recent occurances, but out of respect for dave and his current family situation i will not be talking about the specifics of his case. i may touch on some of the supposed news coverage. but ill wait for dave before responding to the details.

tonight im going solo. i expect if needed on thursday there will be a fill in host in dave's chair.

sorry if this disappoints anyone but it couldnt be avoided.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonights show   tonights show Empty9/14/2009, 7:40 pm

Steve,Thought your show was excellent tonight. I would have called in but my topic ws going to be something else and I didn't want to interrupt the flow. All I could have added was my own speculation which was similar to many others that voiced their opinion,which is that
I believe it has something to do with McTavern's.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonights show   tonights show Empty9/14/2009, 8:19 pm

a different topic? hell i wish you would have called in lol. no prob artie thanks for listening
Back to top Go down
UrRight

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonights show   tonights show Empty9/14/2009, 9:34 pm

Under the circumstances, it took a lot of bravery to forge ahead alone under the circumstances, Steve.

What circumstances that occurred under Dave could happen to any family. Parents do what they have to do to cope. I don't judge him for it, or his kids. Kids at that age, still don't know what harm they can do to their parents.
I made stupid decisions myself...and could have been in his place. So screw the world.

Sometimes it takes something drastic to happen to make the parents' point straight to kids in their early 20s. Some get caught, some don't. Sometimes it takes time or something to happen. I don't really know.

All I know is, you can think as a parent you're doing the right thing...and you try as a parent to do what is best at the time...but even though things don't turn out the way you want it to, it doesn't make you bad parents.

I can think of an awful lot of things I did as a teen, and what my siblings did, that we got away with, that today, we wouldn't. That didn't mean we were stupid, and destined to be unsuccessful adults.

Don't beat yourself up over it. Hold your head high, and move on. It's not as bad as you think it is...not all of us think it's the end of the world. Neither should you guys. My heart and my prayers are with you and your family. It may seem quite depressing and embarrassing right now, but put that aside.

Worrying today for tomorrow is interest borrowed. Just forge ahead, ignore the rest. Quit blaming yourself, no matter what happened.
Back to top Go down
sparks

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonights show   tonights show Empty9/18/2009, 6:21 am

I heard you plug this forum on your show last night. I hope that you continue to do so in the future.
Using this forum to promote your show and vice versa will really upset some of our negative "friends" OTOB. Remember, the guy with the largest audience wins!
Back to top Go down
Mailman

Mailman

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonights show   tonights show Empty9/18/2009, 2:52 pm

If everything goes as planned I will return to the airwaves on Monday, beginning with Preachers show at 4pm. Preach and I have been friends for over 20 years and he called me this morning , and we talked for a long time. He is also aware of my sons problems and he has agreed to let me talk open and honestly about our ongoing struggle as a family. I also plan on doing our show on Monday and then being on Tuesday with Jed and Vera at 7:30am. I want to thank all of those who have supported me and my family, including Preacher, and have not made judgements based on an article in the paper that was targeted to embarass not only myself, but those around me.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonights show   tonights show Empty9/21/2009, 4:41 am

as far as i know what dave said above is still the plan. it seems hes trying to beat kanye's record for most apologies in a 24 hour period.
Back to top Go down
board monkey

board monkey

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonights show   tonights show Empty9/21/2009, 7:07 am

I'm just glad to have the Mailman back on the air Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Penguin

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonights show   tonights show Empty9/21/2009, 1:27 pm

I still love the Mailman and will be listening to he and Fowlers show.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonights show   tonights show Empty9/21/2009, 3:40 pm

late word is its not looking good for tonight. really sorry as dave is very eager to get back to the microphone and tell his side. but dang it wouldnt you know there is always a snag?

hoping for thursday
Back to top Go down
sparks

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonights show   tonights show Empty9/22/2009, 6:20 am

It was great to hear Artie call in last night and plug this forum. In between your show and the links I am giving people in emails, we should start seeing some new posters here. USMarine cut and pasted my description of the thugs who assaulted my friend Mark Smith in the "Typical" thread on the NWI "Bigots are Us board. He has the losermobile cruising in overdrive as that forum dies under the weight of all that hate and anger.
Back to top Go down
voter3

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonights show   tonights show Empty9/22/2009, 6:53 am

I have to read the other board first or I end up hating the world for the whole day...how can people live like that?
Back to top Go down
sparks

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonights show   tonights show Empty9/22/2009, 7:24 am

voter3 wrote:
I have to read the other board first or I end up hating the world for the whole day...how can people live like that?
The losers OTOB don't have jobs and they rely on the internet for their social support. Think about what your life would be like if you had nothing to do with your time, no family,no friends,no job, no church, no faith.Check out the "daily scriptures" thread. USMarine or one of his sock puppets responds to every post I make over there within 30 minutes, day or night. I own that loser. I can't imagine wasting my life away on the internet spewing out hate and bigotry. They aren't even making money like Limbaugh and Beck do for their time.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonights show   tonights show Empty9/22/2009, 9:23 pm

sparks wrote:
It was great to hear Artie call in last night and plug this forum. In between your show and the links I am giving people in emails, we should start seeing some new posters here. USMarine cut and pasted my description of the thugs who assaulted my friend Mark Smith in the "Typical" thread on the NWI "Bigots are Us board. He has the losermobile cruising in overdrive as that forum dies under the weight of all that hate and anger.

Thanks. I just got tired of hearing all of preacher and free's constant lies about why the Times board went down and wanted to set the record straight. If there are ever going to be serious discussions it has to be here on this board.
Back to top Go down
sparks

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonights show   tonights show Empty9/24/2009, 11:19 am

Well, I think you will have plenty to talk about tonight. How about if you make an announcement on the air you won't take any calls from Marsha because you are supporting positive change for Hammond and she doesn't have anything constructive to say?
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonights show   tonights show Empty9/24/2009, 2:45 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Robin Banks

Robin Banks

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonights show   tonights show Empty9/25/2009, 8:13 am

I enjoyed your show last night, especially your discussion about baseball cards. I used to get a table at the Civic Center and Woodmar shows. Were you the organizer?
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonights show   tonights show Empty9/25/2009, 3:29 pm

thanks for the show comment.

no. most of my shows were in portage .... the old holiday inn by where bass pro is now. in hammond i did use quality inn a few times. i did some at the old holiday star and a couple at the whiting civic complex...cant remember what they call it. they were small ones just 20 or 25 tables. i was happy if i made two hundred bucks on the show itself. it was getting folks in the door to sell too that i was most concerned about.

unfortunatly about a year after i started doing them. i and the guy at the lansing bowling alley were the only ones doing them locally, regularly back then. everybody and their brother started to smell the easy money. it was easy to promote a once every three month show at a location. but try promoting one at a place that has one every other week.

woodmar was more of an annual thing at the time as i recall. and to be honest with you i cant even remember who ran that one.

cards just arent the same since getting the latest thing surpassed sentimentality. oh well those were the days.
Back to top Go down
Robin Banks

Robin Banks

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonights show   tonights show Empty9/25/2009, 4:38 pm

I totally agree, it's not the same hobby any more. I still pick up an occasional pack of cards but that's about it.

-didn't mean to hijack the thread...-
Back to top Go down
Mailman

Mailman

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonights show   tonights show Empty9/25/2009, 7:58 pm

Last nights show was the most fun I had in a while. I don't know how it sounded over the air but it was great doing it.
Back to top Go down
Penguin

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonights show   tonights show Empty9/30/2009, 10:58 pm

tonights show Couldnt_Afford_A_Neck
The Mailman is soooooo cute that I can't help but love him.
Back to top Go down
sparks

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: I got preachered!   tonights show Empty10/1/2009, 8:34 pm

I make one little joke about Fowler's sex life and he Preachers me. Although I will say if I had my own radio show and a caller made a joke like that, I'd hang up on them too. The Mailman seemed to think it was funny. Great show,btw. You and the Mailman make a good duo.
Back to top Go down
Mailman

Mailman

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonights show   tonights show Empty10/1/2009, 9:00 pm

Thanks Sparks. again I have to say it was one of the funner times I've had. I don't think Steve did that on purpose. BTW I love Penguins picture.
Back to top Go down
FFScott

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: guys shoul   tonights show Empty10/2/2009, 9:01 am

I liked your show too. I will make you a copy of Pinks new album so you got some good music to play. I also got Warren Zevons last cd he made while he was dealing with terminal cancer. Theres a lot of music being made these days worth listening to and artists who put on great shows. This month I covered 70s, 80s, 90s, and the 21st century. Maybe you guys should try not to act so old. Cool
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonights show   tonights show Empty10/2/2009, 3:59 pm

love to have the zevon scott

sparks my sincere apologies. i thought the joke was all you had to say at that time and thought you were done. i was laughing too...so hard that apparently i didnt realize you had more to say.

it was funny lol. thanks for contributing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

tonights show Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonights show   tonights show Empty

Back to top Go down

tonights show
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Indiana/Illinois :: Hammond-
Jump to: