Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wingnut Kooks Plan to Keep Kids Home From School

Go down 
+2
KarenT
Artie60438
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Passion

Passion

Wingnut Kooks Plan to Keep Kids Home From School - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wingnut Kooks Plan to Keep Kids Home From School   Wingnut Kooks Plan to Keep Kids Home From School - Page 2 Empty9/11/2009, 2:49 am

Now wait up a minute! So we are accepting the opinion of the Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank President as authoritative with respect to the entire economy? Do I have that right? Well I tried to find the latest audit of the Federal Reserve, as that would perhaps add some credibility to that opinion but you know what? There ain't one. I doubt there's been 2 audits done in 50 years of that institution.

Actually, who is the Federal Reserve?? Just another unelected group of people with the power to dictate regardless of fact or implication.

Why should I trust a Federal Reserve member? I know of no real reason to. In this scenario it's kinda like asking NBC management who has the best primetime programming. At best you will get a misleading answer even if you don't get lied to outright.
Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

PostSubject: Re: Wingnut Kooks Plan to Keep Kids Home From School   Wingnut Kooks Plan to Keep Kids Home From School - Page 2 Empty9/11/2009, 2:51 am

Heretic wrote:
Again, why do conservatives think this thing will, or was supposed to, turn around overnight? Suspect

How far into the red ink cesspool must we wade in before we realize we are drowning????
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Wingnut Kooks Plan to Keep Kids Home From School   Wingnut Kooks Plan to Keep Kids Home From School - Page 2 Empty9/11/2009, 6:14 am

Passion wrote:
Now wait up a minute! So we are accepting the opinion of the Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank President as authoritative with respect to the entire economy? Do I have that right? Well I tried to find the latest audit of the Federal Reserve, as that would perhaps add some credibility to that opinion but you know what? There ain't one. I doubt there's been 2 audits done in 50 years of that institution.

Actually, who is the Federal Reserve?? Just another unelected group of people with the power to dictate regardless of fact or implication.

Why should I trust a Federal Reserve member? I know of no real reason to. In this scenario it's kinda like asking NBC management who has the best primetime programming. At best you will get a misleading answer even if you don't get lied to outright.
Our entire financial system is based on trust. Banks lend money to people they don't know with the expectation that the borrowers will repay that money and the bank will profit. You are casting aspirations on the members Federal Reserve system without providing one shred of evidence that they have acted unethically or lied to the country. Is this the kind of post we can expect from you in the future?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wingnut Kooks Plan to Keep Kids Home From School   Wingnut Kooks Plan to Keep Kids Home From School - Page 2 Empty9/11/2009, 7:03 am

sparks wrote:
Passion wrote:

Our entire financial system is based on trust. Banks lend money to people they don't know with the expectation that the borrowers will repay that money and the bank will profit. You are casting aspirations on the members Federal Reserve system without providing one shred of evidence that they have acted unethically or lied to the country. Is this the kind of post we can expect from you in the future?
wouldn't that be casting aspersions?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Wingnut Kooks Plan to Keep Kids Home From School   Wingnut Kooks Plan to Keep Kids Home From School - Page 2 Empty9/11/2009, 8:19 am

Passion wrote:
How far into the red ink cesspool must we wade in before we realize we are drowning????

I don't think we ever will. We've been drowning for ten thousand years. We've seen this situation play out before; the inhabitants of prior civilizations maintained their lifestyle until the very end. It doesn't look like we'll be any different.
Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

PostSubject: Re: Wingnut Kooks Plan to Keep Kids Home From School   Wingnut Kooks Plan to Keep Kids Home From School - Page 2 Empty9/12/2009, 2:33 am

Heretic wrote:
Passion wrote:

I don't think we ever will. We've been drowning for ten thousand years. We've seen this situation play out before; the inhabitants of prior civilizations maintained their lifestyle until the very end. It doesn't look like we'll be any different.

LMAO

Since when did Hunter Gatherers have a debt system? When they even had the single shred of a currency (like sea shells), that is. lol!
Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

PostSubject: Re: Wingnut Kooks Plan to Keep Kids Home From School   Wingnut Kooks Plan to Keep Kids Home From School - Page 2 Empty9/12/2009, 2:44 am

sparks wrote:
Passion wrote:

Oddly you are confusing "banking" with the role of the Federal Reserve. The job of the Federal Reserve? One could argue it's to convince people the "paper money" really has some meager value. Razz

But today of course the term paper money is as antiquated as generally calling all eavesdropping "wire tapping." No wires in wireless, of course. And banks create money out of nothing but their good name now that the US currency is no longer backed by any resource.

Need I provide citation that some countries are finding less reason to have trust in our dollars? Or can we at least agree there are some efforts to replace the dollar with a more reliable currency? So the question then becomes "Why can't we make the dollar more reliable?" Why? Because we continue to rack up massive debt with no realistic hope of reversing the trend despite the dire consequences.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Wingnut Kooks Plan to Keep Kids Home From School   Wingnut Kooks Plan to Keep Kids Home From School - Page 2 Empty9/12/2009, 4:57 pm

Passion wrote:
Since when did Hunter Gatherers have a debt system? When they even had the single shred of a currency (like sea shells), that is. lol!

They didn't. Their economic system is vastly different from ours and usually had no need for currency. But that's missing the point of my previous statement: that individuals in an obviously doomed system will maintain their lifestyle regardless of its inevitable failure.

Growth based systems cannot function forever in our finite universe, yet here we are blindly plodding along as if this time will be different...
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Wingnut Kooks Plan to Keep Kids Home From School   Wingnut Kooks Plan to Keep Kids Home From School - Page 2 Empty9/13/2009, 7:16 am

Passion wrote:
sparks wrote:
Passion wrote:

Oddly you are confusing "banking" with the role of the Federal Reserve. The job of the Federal Reserve? One could argue it's to convince people the "paper money" really has some meager value. Razz

But today of course the term paper money is as antiquated as generally calling all eavesdropping "wire tapping." No wires in wireless, of course. And banks create money out of nothing but their good name now that the US currency is no longer backed by any resource.

Need I provide citation that some countries are finding less reason to have trust in our dollars? Or can we at least agree there are some efforts to replace the dollar with a more reliable currency? So the question then becomes "Why can't we make the dollar more reliable?" Why? Because we continue to rack up massive debt with no realistic hope of reversing the trend despite the dire consequences.
Passion, you are the one that is confused. The Federal Reserve creates and controls the currency that comprises our economic system. They don't have to convince anyone that "paper money" has value. The fact that it can be used to buy a house,car,food or anything else that is sold proves it's value. However,since you seem to feel that paper money is worthless, feel to give my any of your worthless dollars. I'll be glad to take them off your hands. I'll add those to my investment portofolio which continues to grow because where others see gloom and doom, I see opportunities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wingnut Kooks Plan to Keep Kids Home From School   Wingnut Kooks Plan to Keep Kids Home From School - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wingnut Kooks Plan to Keep Kids Home From School
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2