Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The state of American "journalism"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Heretic

Heretic

The state of American "journalism" Empty
PostSubject: The state of American "journalism"   The state of American "journalism" Empty8/4/2009, 12:43 pm

I had expected the Daily Show to falter without the reality-denying ideologues from the previous administration, but the media (now strangely comfortable criticizing a President instead of instantly condemning such actions as unpatriotic) has stepped up to provide them plenty of material that is pretty much writing themselves. lol!
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: The state of American "journalism"   The state of American "journalism" Empty8/4/2009, 5:23 pm

Jon Stewart is hilarious. He does an incredible job of humiliating the right-wing whackos. I believe he is more effective than people like Rachel Maddow or Keith Olbermann because his great sense of humor keeps people watching. Normal people enjoy laughter and satire. The right doesn't have anyone who even comes close to Stewart's wicked sense of humor.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The state of American "journalism"   The state of American "journalism" Empty8/4/2009, 7:31 pm

sparks wrote:
Jon Stewart is hilarious. He does an incredible job of humiliating the right-wing whackos. I believe he is more effective than people like Rachel Maddow or Keith Olbermann because his great sense of humor keeps people watching. Normal people enjoy laughter and satire. The right doesn't have anyone who even comes close to Stewart's wicked sense of humor.

The righties have no sense of humor. Their idea of humor is Ted Kennedy getting a brain tumor. Fox News even tried a 30 minute comedy series a year or two ago. It failed miserably.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: The state of American "journalism"   The state of American "journalism" Empty8/5/2009, 12:15 am

Heretic wrote:

I had expected the Daily Show to falter without the reality-denying ideologues from the previous administration, but the media (now strangely comfortable criticizing a President instead of instantly condemning such actions as unpatriotic) has stepped up to provide them plenty of material that is pretty much writing themselves. lol!

Man, this is some great stuff!
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The state of American "journalism"   The state of American "journalism" Empty8/5/2009, 6:54 am

When I first heard about "Cash for Clunkers," I thought they were talking about the politicians.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The state of American "journalism"   The state of American "journalism" Empty

Back to top Go down

The state of American "journalism"
Page 1 of 1