Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Our Messed Up World

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
paul87920

paul87920

Our Messed Up World Empty
PostSubject: Our Messed Up World   Our Messed Up World Empty6/25/2009, 8:13 pm

It's an awful sad day when Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson die on the same day and he gets a huge banner across the MSN home page, and she gets a tiny blurb in the entertainment section.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Our Messed Up World   Our Messed Up World Empty6/26/2009, 6:18 am

I don't think you can even compare Michael Jackson's achievements to Farrah Fawcett's. He was one of the most talented musicians of the 20 th century and was a worldwide icon. I think it's kind of messed up that you actually think there is any comparison of Michael Jackson's contribution to music with Fawcett's contributions to acting.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Our Messed Up World   Our Messed Up World Empty6/26/2009, 11:34 am

sparks wrote:
I don't think you can even compare Michael Jackson's achievements to Farrah Fawcett's. He was one of the most talented musicians of the 20 th century and was a worldwide icon. I think it's kind of messed up that you actually think there is any comparison of Michael Jackson's contribution to music with Fawcett's contributions to acting.

Yeah,the two of them are not even close. Fawcett's contributions are based almost entirely on her looks,not her acting ability.

That being said,I find the coverage of MJ's death to be completely overblown.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Our Messed Up World   Our Messed Up World Empty6/26/2009, 12:29 pm

sparks wrote:

You are putting words in my mouth, but that's nothing new. Please quote where I said anything about either one of their achievements. Let's start with the fact that Fawcett died a horrific death, and the fact that she's never been on trial for fingering little children. That's all.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Our Messed Up World   Our Messed Up World Empty6/26/2009, 1:05 pm

paul87920 wrote:
sparks wrote:

You are putting words in my mouth, but that's nothing new. Please quote where I said anything about either one of their achievements. Let's start with the fact that Fawcett died a horrific death, and the fact that she's never been on trial for fingering little children. That's all.
Rather than putting words in your mouth, maybe you can explain what you meant by titling this thread,Our Messed Up World and then commenting about the amount of publicity that Michael Jackson's premature death garnered compared to Farrah's drawn out battle with cancer. I took it that you don't feel that the sudden death of one of the greatest musicians of the twentieth century is as newsworthy as Farrah Fawcett's death. Michael Jackson has been a very troubled individual for years, but that doesn't take away from the fact that his music brought joy to hundreds of millions of people throughout the world.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Our Messed Up World   Our Messed Up World Empty6/26/2009, 1:47 pm

Fine. My thread wasn't about their talents. If it was Jackson wins hands down. My thread was about them as human beings. I don't care what way you want to spin this. He wasn't a good person, and I do think his media attention is being overblown.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Messed Up World   Our Messed Up World Empty6/26/2009, 5:27 pm

paul87920 wrote:
Fine. My thread wasn't about their talents. If it was Jackson wins hands down. My thread was about them as human beings. I don't care what way you want to spin this. He wasn't a good person, and I do think his media attention is being overblown.
+1
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Our Messed Up World   Our Messed Up World Empty6/26/2009, 7:13 pm

LoisLane wrote:
paul87920 wrote:
+1

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Messed Up World   Our Messed Up World Empty6/26/2009, 9:09 pm

Paul, I agree with you and Lois. Michael Jackson was very talented, but he also was a freak and a child molestor, who's money kept him out of jail.
Farrah Fawcett was a decent human being, who suffered terribly for 3 years before succumbing to cancer.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Our Messed Up World   Our Messed Up World Empty6/27/2009, 1:31 am

Tiger1 wrote:
Paul, I agree with you and Lois. Michael Jackson was very talented, but he also was a freak and a child molestor, who's money kept him out of jail.
Farrah Fawcett was a decent human being, who suffered terribly for 3 years before succumbing to cancer.

No doubt. And I absolutely loved his music. I'm excited at the prospects of hearing the stuff that he created that was never released. You know, I got to thinking this has got to be a blessing in disguise for the Fawcett family though. At the very least the loved ones who are still here won't nearly be harassed by the media as much as they would have been.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Our Messed Up World   Our Messed Up World Empty6/27/2009, 6:57 am

paul87920 wrote:

You know, I got to thinking this has got to be a blessing in disguise for the Fawcett family though. At the very least the loved ones who are still here won't nearly be harassed by the media as much as they would have been.

Diane Dimond also gets a chance to rejuvenate her career. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Messed Up World   Our Messed Up World Empty

Back to top Go down

Our Messed Up World
Page 1 of 1