Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Obama's Cairo Speech

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpion

Scorpion

Obama's Cairo Speech Empty
PostSubject: Obama's Cairo Speech   Obama's Cairo Speech Empty6/4/2009, 11:39 am

Here is a link to the video and text of Barack's speech to the Muslim world. I'd be interested in everyone's reaction to it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090604/ap_on_re_us/obama_text

http://www.c-span.org/Watch/Media/2009/06/04/HP/R/19357/Pres+Obama+Speaks+to+the+Muslim+World+From+Cairo.aspx

BTW - This is off topic, but is anyone else encountering problems with the board? It's not displaying properly. at least for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Cairo Speech   Obama's Cairo Speech Empty6/4/2009, 1:12 pm

Catering to the moslems, and a one world government.

As for religious tolerance that he claimed to see, that is an out and out lie. Moslems do not tolerate people of other religions, and never have. Their quran tells them to kill those who will not convert. For more info on this, go to voiceofthemartyrs.com and see for yourself the "tolerance" moslems have for others.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Cairo Speech   Obama's Cairo Speech Empty6/4/2009, 3:34 pm

I thought it was a great speech but it's just a first step. I'm anxious to see how he follows up on it,but there already are signs of change,like asking Israel to stop building settlements. I think a lot of Arabs liked it too,but are still going to be wary because of the last 8 years of Bush.

Welcome back.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Cairo Speech   Obama's Cairo Speech Empty6/4/2009, 8:20 pm

Tiger1 wrote:
Moslems do not tolerate people of other religions, and never have.

Yup. That's why every American Muslim is a violent, dangerous criminal. Or at least waiting in hiding for the word "kill" from their masters to wreak havoc upon the American culture.

Good to see you again, Moby. clown
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Cairo Speech   Obama's Cairo Speech Empty6/4/2009, 8:59 pm

I thought it was pretty bold.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Cairo Speech   Obama's Cairo Speech Empty6/4/2009, 9:15 pm

I was very impressed with the end of his speech. Obama is truly one of the great orators of our time. I feel the best way to lessen the threat of terrorist attacks to change the way we treat the rest of the world. If we start exporting doctors, medicines, teachers and technology instead of soldiers, guns and bombs, the world will be a safer place.
President Obama wrote:
Today, I'm announcing a new global effort with the organization of the Islamic Conference to eradicate polio. And we will also expand partnerships with Muslim communities to promote child and maternal health.

All these things must be done in partnership. Americans are ready to join with citizens and governments, community organizations, religious leaders, and businesses in Muslim communities around the world to help our people pursue a better life.

The issues that I have described will not be easy to address, but we have a responsibility to join together to behalf of the world that we seek, a world where extremists no longer threaten our people and American troops have come home; a world where Israelis and Palestinians are each secure in a state of their own and nuclear energy is used for peaceful purposes, a world where governments serve their citizens and the rights of all God's children are respected.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Cairo Speech   Obama's Cairo Speech Empty6/5/2009, 3:21 am

Scorpion wrote:
Here is a link to the video and text of Barack's speech to the Muslim world. I'd be interested in everyone's reaction to it.

That was an amazing speech. He addressed just about every facet of this global conflict. I'm still not used to having a President that actually acknowledges the complexities and the reality of our current situation instead of existing the binary fantasy world of a Walker: Texas Ranger episode.

Thanks for the links! :thanks: I hadn't seen it yet.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Cairo Speech   Obama's Cairo Speech Empty6/5/2009, 3:22 am

Well regardless of how we here felt about the speech, it turns out that it was well received abroad.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31110768

Quote :
Whether political stagecraft or sincerity, his gestures resonated strongly among many Muslims who often complain their traditions and culture are devalued in the West and have become overshadowed by Islamic radicals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Cairo Speech   Obama's Cairo Speech Empty6/5/2009, 8:08 am

Heretic wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:
Moslems do not tolerate people of other religions, and never have.

Yup. That's why every American Muslim is a violent, dangerous criminal. Or at least waiting in hiding for the word "kill" from their masters to wreak havoc upon the American culture.

Good to see you again, Moby. clown

Go to the "Voice Of The Martyrs" website at:

www.persecution.com/newsletter

This link shows the truth, if you would dare to look.

If you want to talk to Moby, go to the other board.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Cairo Speech   Obama's Cairo Speech Empty6/5/2009, 8:37 am

Tiger1 wrote:
This link shows the truth, if you would dare to look.

Been there. Done that. A thousand times. There's nothing in this discussion that's changed from the last discussion. But unfortunately for you, repetition doesn't manufacture evidence. The facts remain the same: If Islam really was a religion of violence like you so claim, then you would see it everywhere that it's billion or so followers reside. They'd have rendered this planet a lifeless rock decades ago. Sorry, but the data still doesn't support your conclusion.

But this does bring to light yet another interesting dichotomy. When a Christian kills an abortion doctor or blows up a building citing the Bible in their defense, it's "he's not a real Christian so it doesn't count." But when a Muslim does it, all of a sudden he's representing his entire faith. Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Cairo Speech   Obama's Cairo Speech Empty6/5/2009, 2:43 pm

The quran says if the infidel will not convert, kill him.

The Bible says love your neighbor as yourself, and "thou shalt not kill".
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Cairo Speech   Obama's Cairo Speech Empty6/5/2009, 6:03 pm

The media response to the speech was sadly predictable:

Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Cairo Speech   Obama's Cairo Speech Empty6/5/2009, 7:14 pm

markh wrote:
The Bible also says that one who cheats on their spouse should be put to death...unless of course one cheats with a slave, in which case it's OK.

This is the exact reason why I'm not allowed in most churches anymore. Their philosophy is totally backwards to mine. In my proposed revisions to the Bible, I too believe that there are certain cases where cheating on your spouse does not require the death penalty. In my system if your spouse cheats on you with a celebrity... then you should congratulate them as it has always been your dream to sleep with a famous celebrity. Where if they slept with someone with the social status of a slave (Or in our society I believe we use the politically correct term "WalMart Greeter") you should then put them to death because they are saying your sex is bad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Cairo Speech   Obama's Cairo Speech Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama's Cairo Speech
Page 1 of 1