Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats

Go down 
+2
sparks
Artie60438
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty
PostSubject: Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats   Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty4/21/2009, 2:45 pm

With guys like Dick and and Rush Limbaugh as the face of Republicans,how much lower can they sink?... Very Happy

White House Cheat Sheet: Cheney Keeps on Swinging

Former vice president Dick Cheney continued his one-man assault on President Obama, issuing a broad condemnation of the White House -- from its handling of the CIA interrogation memos to the handshake with Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez -- during an interview with Fox News's Sean Hannity last night.

Cheney, never one to shy away from a political fistfight, called it "a little bit disturbing" that the Obama administration had released some of the CIA memos "but they didn't put out the memos that showed the success of the effort." Cheney added that he was calling on the CIA to release the full memos regarding the interrogation practices and what results (if any) they yielded.

On Obama's handshake with Chavez, Cheney said he "didn't think much of it" but added, more broadly, that he was "concerned with the way that we've been represented overseas."

Cheney's decision to serve as the self-appointed defender of the Bush presidency has significantly raised his profile in the first 100 days of the Obama administration and presents a real challenge for a party hoping to put forward new faces and fresh ideas.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/cheat-sheet/042109white-house-cheat-sheet.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats   Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty4/21/2009, 3:46 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
With guys like Dick and and Rush Limbaugh as the face of Republicans,how much lower can they sink?... Very Happy

White House Cheat Sheet: Cheney Keeps on Swinging

Former vice president Dick Cheney continued his one-man assault on President Obama, issuing a broad condemnation of the White House -- from its handling of the CIA interrogation memos to the handshake with Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez -- during an interview with Fox News's Sean Hannity last night.

Cheney, never one to shy away from a political fistfight, called it "a little bit disturbing" that the Obama administration had released some of the CIA memos "but they didn't put out the memos that showed the success of the effort." Cheney added that he was calling on the CIA to release the full memos regarding the interrogation practices and what results (if any) they yielded.

On Obama's handshake with Chavez, Cheney said he "didn't think much of it" but added, more broadly, that he was "concerned with the way that we've been represented overseas."

Cheney's decision to serve as the self-appointed defender of the Bush presidency has significantly raised his profile in the first 100 days of the Obama administration and presents a real challenge for a party hoping to put forward new faces and fresh ideas.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/cheat-sheet/042109white-house-cheat-sheet.html
And in those first 100 days Obama has made no mistakes. He is truly the Messiah. He does no wrong. Does anyone have the video where he walks on water? Where has this guy been all this time? He should have stepped forward a long time ago. We wouldn't be in such a sad state of affairs.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats   Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty4/21/2009, 4:19 pm

I am amazed that Cheney continues to run his mouth after the Obama administration released memos last week that detailed the torture policies that Cheney and Bush approved during their tenure.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8003023.stm Even if Cheney escapes prosecution for his role in approving torture, allowing him to speak on behalf of the Republican party weakens the party even further.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats   Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty4/21/2009, 5:16 pm

Quote :
He does no wrong. Does anyone have the video where he walks on water?

Will a picture work?
Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Bowalk
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats   Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty4/23/2009, 7:43 am

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats   Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty5/8/2009, 9:24 am

Thanks Dick! :rolfcry:

Cheney: Mistake for GOP to 'moderate'
Posted: 09:04 AM ET
Cheney said the GOP needs to hold onto its principles.

(CNN) — Former Vice President Dick Cheney is weighing into the heated internal debate over the future of the Republican Party, declaring it would be a mistake for the GOP to "moderate."

Cheney also defended the use of water-boarding in the lengthy interview with the conservative talk-show host Thursday, an interrogation technique that President Obama has sharply criticized and put an end to.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/05/08/cheney-mistake-for-gop-to-moderate/
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats   Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty5/13/2009, 9:24 am

Yeah,just what we need another Bush Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats   Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty5/13/2009, 10:03 am

Artie, what is the big deal with the torturing? I can't fathom how waterboarding, or placing a caterillar in a cell of a terrorist that is deathly afraid of it, is called "torturing".

Do they think twice about shooting your head off if they had the chance? If you don't condone their "torture" techniques, then you should spend one day in the pen with those guys, come back and tell us what a great time you had.

It's ok to blow peoples' heads off, slaughter our news reporters in a video, blow up airplanes, blow up the towers, but we're suppose to be careful on how we torture them? With a bug????? With a few minutes of making them feel like their drowning>

I think Obama has made our country less secure. The other night on 60 minutes, NBC got the clearance to report and show in Las Vegas, where the pilots control man-less planes & target the terrorists from Vegas over to Afghanistan. Now that the terrorists have knowledge that this is being done (top secret was revealed), I fear they will now attack that base. Pretty stupid telling top secrets with Obama's blessings to spread the love.

Wouldn't be surprised if our enemies figure out a way to wipe out that base in Vegas someday.

Last edited by UrRight on 5/13/2009, 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changes, baby.)
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats   Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty5/13/2009, 10:28 am

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5004882n

Sorry, wrong station. But you can watch it, now.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats   Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty5/13/2009, 10:46 am

UrRight wrote:
Artie, what is the big deal with the torturing?
Fact is it's against the law & it does not work.

Quote :
I think Obama has made our country less secure. The other night on 60 minutes, NBC got the clearance to report and show in Las Vegas, where the pilots control man-less planes & target the terrorists from Vegas over to Afghanistan. Now that the terrorists have knowledge that this is being done (top secret was revealed), I fear they will now attack that base. Pretty stupid telling top secrets with Obama's blessings to spread the love.

Ah yes, the terrorists are going to attack an Air Force base 45 miles outside of Las Vegas?
LOL...So how are they going to do that?...using what?

Sorry UrRight, there was no, "top secret was revealed." It's been well known that we have been using UAV's for several years.
You think this web site was put up last week?
http://www.creech.af.mil/
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats   Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty5/13/2009, 12:15 pm

Well, it's a known fact that we have cells around the country.

What about the troupe that planned to blow up the Sears Tower? They just got indicted..I think yesterday it was in the news. Those same type of people could very well plan to do something to the base that is undisclosed, but located on the outside of Vegas.

I don't think the techniques they used can be referred to as torture. Torture, to me is binding them up, hitting them, threatening to kill them, etc. Waterboarding was done under strict rules. The intent was not to kill the terrorist, but use enough force to gain the information needed that actually did work, and saved our country from future harm.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats   Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty5/13/2009, 12:27 pm

Back to Cheney, gotta agree on this excerpt from Rush:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_051209/content/01125108.guest.html

ROBINSON: Torture. Is. Illegal. (snorting laughter) It -- it -- eh...

LIZ: It wasn't torture, Eugene. Let me ask you a question, Eugene. So if you knew that Khalid Shaikh Mohammed had information about an imminent threat on the United States -- information that would result in the death of your family members, the death of people that you care about and love -- and that if he were waterboarded, you would be able to get that information and prevent the attack, you wouldn't do it?

ROBINSON: (snorts) How would I know?

LIZ: You would let them go ahead and launch the attack?

ROBINSON: How would I know that? How would I...? How would I...? (sigh)

LIZ: This was exactly the situation these folks were in.

ROBINSON: Well, buh... (snorts) But...but...but... I wouldn't...

LIZ: That's a choice you gotta make.

RUSH: "But...but...but... (stammering)" just talk sense to these people and you shut them up. But when you let them intimidate you and put you on the defensive (which happens to take too many people who go on these shows) they end up winning, but Liz Cheney not backing down. Look, the situation they face -- this is 2002; this is 2003 -- is you don't know what's coming next. Everybody wants to prevent the next event from happening. If you got somebody who you know has the information, are you going to do what it takes to get it? "But...but...but... how do I know?" That's what they're faced with! He's telling everybody he knows. He's telling everybody he's the ringleader! He wanted the fame. Here's Eugene Robinson (stuttering), "B-b-b-b-b-but...but...but... How do you know?" I think it's great. Liz Cheney doesn't back down to them. They had this exchange, too -- Liz Cheney with Brzezinski -- on this MSNBC show this morning.

Although I couldn't stand Cheney myself, this has gotten blown out of proportion by the media.

This just about covers the torture and telling Cheney to shut up.

Last edited by Admin on 5/13/2009, 2:55 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Changes....like Obama delivers.)
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats   Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty5/13/2009, 12:43 pm

UrRight wrote:

What about the troupe that planned to blow up the Sears Tower? They just got indicted..I think yesterday it was in the news. Those same type of people could very well plan to do something to the base that is undisclosed, but located on the outside of Vegas.
Yeah here they are:
Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Miami_10

'Evil Geniuses' right out of a Bond movie, eh?
I'm sure they would've been successful...LOL.

Quote :
I don't think the techniques they used can be referred to as torture. Torture, to me is binding them up, hitting them, threatening to kill them, etc. Waterboarding was done under strict rules.
It doesn't matter if YOU think torture is not torture.
Fact: we prosecuted the Japanese after the war for waterboarding becuse it is torture.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-begala/yes-inational-reviewi-we_b_191153.html

Quote :
The intent was not to kill the terrorist, but use enough force to gain the information needed that actually did work, and saved our country from future harm.

There is no evidence to support your claim that torture, "actually did work, and saved our country from future harm."

Just because Dick Cheney, a proven pathological liar keeps saying it, does not prove that it's fact.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats   Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty5/13/2009, 1:23 pm

UrRight wrote:
What about the troupe that planned to blow up the Sears Tower?

This plot, like all of the disrupted domestic terrorist attacks since 9/11, was not stopped by torture, warrantless domestic spying, racial profiling, or any other nonsense, but by the good 'ol fashioned police work and investigations conducted by the various local and national law enforcement agencies involved. Let's give credit where credit is due; they deserve it.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats   Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty5/13/2009, 4:49 pm

edge540 wrote:
UrRight wrote:

Yeah here they are:
Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Miami_10

'Evil Geniuses' right out of a Bond movie, eh?
I'm sure they would've been successful...LOL.

This is the same gang of idiots who couldn't even afford combat boots.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats   Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty5/13/2009, 5:55 pm

idk Edge that Brother Naudy... seems pretty dangerous to me... Razz
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats   Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty5/13/2009, 5:57 pm

Well, I guess that is another way of looking at it, Edge and Artie.

With our borders not secured, don't be surprised if another 9/11 occurs. That's how much faith I have in our security which President Obama is now cutting out, little by little.

By the way, I do have respect for him as far as him being our President. Many disagree with the way he handles things. Seems he takes it lightly, given the national affairs we are involved in.

It's a "wait and see," thing. A much debatable topic. At this point in my life, I feel as many others do: We no longer have Republicans or Democrats. We simply have life-time career politicians feeding off the trough. If you want a real career, be a politician. Honesty not required. All others "need not to apply".

What I've learned is this: it's ok for politicians to not pay their taxes (Stroger being the latest antic). I learned it is about "who you know" and "not what you know".

For all that, President Obama has led the flock from Chicago to follow in his footsteps, and amid all the stress that this country is going through, he still finds time to host a party every week.

I never liked Cheney...never felt he played his role...never felt connected to him. In fact, after shooting his friend accidently, I questioned his "state of mind" at the time.

I don't care what party a politician belongs to. All I know is I want a safer America, and I don't believe we are safer today than in the Bush years, altough I wasn't a real fan of Bush, either. I guess I'm still looking for that "change" after Pres. Obama got elected. Instead, I'm seeing 15x more in spending...throwing money at the wrong causes.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats   Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty5/13/2009, 6:11 pm

UrRight wrote:
Well, I guess that is another way of looking at it, Edge and Artie.

With our borders not secured, don't be surprised if another 9/11 occurs. That's how much faith I have in our security which President Obama is now cutting out, little by little.

What has he cut that would lead to another 9/11?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats   Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty5/13/2009, 8:18 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
What has he cut that would lead to another 9/11?

Yeah, I'd like to know too. I'd also like to know what he believes Bush did that made us safer... Those borders, for instance, are just as unsecured as they were before last years election.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats   Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty5/13/2009, 10:51 pm

Heretic and Artie...I'd like to know what President Obama has done any differently when it comes to the borders being "secured". I read that they sent the army, what'eva down there, but now the Mexicans are complaining that we've gone tooooo far, checking out the little kids and their moms.

What does it take to appease these people? On one hand, they welcomed the added security. On the other hand, they want us out, claiming we frisk the innocent.

I have a question for you two: I know it takes time for "change". I give a lot of credit to President Obama (even though I did not vote for him and since have lost confidence in all politicians, whether Republican or Demo), what exact direction to you really expect us to believe our country is headed in the right direction?

When you give me a laundry list of clean politicians, not "career politicians at age 79 or 80), I'll gladly look up what makes you two so gawky over any politician of ANY Party. You two seem to connect with Democrats, skin color, etc.

I connect with who is really honest, and has nothing to hide. Nothing. Nothing that can't be posted on-line in any given state, entiety of government layers to allow the people the right to know where the money is going. That's all I ask.

I want to know how much is being funnled to other countries, how and why, how much. Because you know what? We need it now, and we're in no position to help other countries. But the beat goes on.

It all funnels down to this: Are we willing to allow our President to print the money, borrow the money, ship the money overseas....and expect him to worry at the same time to protect our borders? Reform healthcare, and the list goes on. I see that he is trying. He is going in an opposite direction. Do I feel safe, though? No. On the other hand, many do. All I know is...our great grandchildren will probably find it much harder and have a host of more questions to ask and will be paying without those questions answered. Our world has changed. Our world is going to change even more in the years ahead.

So many questions...so little answers.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats   Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty5/14/2009, 8:01 am

UrRight wrote:

With our borders not secured, don't be surprised if another 9/11 occurs.
Oh really?
I always get kick out of people complaining "our borders not secured." The 9-11 hijackers were not Mexican & didn't cross the Mexican or Canadian border.
Here's a news flash:they flew in to this country on jet airliners.
Quote :
The 11 September 2001 attacks were carried out by 19 hijackers, with planning and organization of the attacks involving numerous additional members of al-Qaeda. The first hijackers to arrive in the United States were Khalid al-Mihdhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi, who settled in the San Diego area in January 2000. They were followed by Mohamed Atta, Marwan al-Shehhi, and Ziad Jarrah, who all arrived early in the summer of 2000, in order to undertake flight training in south Florida. The fourth pilot, Hani Hanjour, arrived in San Diego in December 2000. The other muscle hijackers, who were trained to help overpower and take over the aircraft, all arrived in the spring -and early summer of 2001.
wiki
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats   Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty5/14/2009, 9:14 am

UrRight wrote:
I'd like to know what President Obama has done any differently when it comes to the borders being "secured".

As I pointed out in my previous post, nothing. The border situation remains in the same state it was when Bush was in office.

UrRight wrote:
I give a lot of credit to President Obama (even though I did not vote for him and since have lost confidence in all politicians, whether Republican or Demo), what exact direction to you really expect us to believe our country is headed in the right direction?

If it took Obama to cause you to lose faith in politics, then you simply haven't been paying attention. But I digress... the "right direction" is rather subjective, isn't it? If you're asking me what I believe the "right direction" to be... well, that's simple. The right direction should be moving away from such an unsustainable growth based way of life, because so long as that remains, everything else is moot. Most of the problems we face as a civilization are systemic, and will remain no matter what muppet or political party holds power and what policies they employ so long as that system remains in place.

I posted this in a different thread, though you completely ignored it. It appears relevant here as well:

I wrote:
Science went back to being evidence based reality that it is, instead of being the controversial BS catowing to religious or political ideology. Science ceased being controversial damn near overnight, reverberating through multiple fields and disciplines. This was a welcome and long overdue change eagerly anticipated by the scientific community.

Obama's views on science and how he planned on returning scientific integrity to the Presidency were pretty much the sole reason I voted for him. His opponent, especially with the geologically impossible "drill here, drill now" campaign and his creationist sidekick, demonstrated that he either didn't understand our physical reality, or didn't care to. Either one made him ill-equipped for the Presidency, IMHO. You simply cannot adequately address any of the problems facing civilization, and there's certainly a Perfect Storm brewing, if you cannot acknowledge the reality in which they exist.

That's it; that's all. Not all of us view him as "the Messiah". Most of us simply thought he'd be a better President.

UrRight wrote:
When you give me a laundry list of clean politicians, not "career politicians at age 79 or 80), I'll gladly look up what makes you two so gawky over any politician of ANY Party. You two seem to connect with Democrats, skin color, etc.

You're not familiar with my posts at all, are you? Suspect

UrRight wrote:
I connect with who is really honest, and has nothing to hide. Nothing. Nothing that can't be posted on-line in any given state, entiety of government layers to allow the people the right to know where the money is going. That's all I ask.

And if wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak.

UrRight wrote:
I want to know how much is being funnled to other countries, how and why, how much. Because you know what? We need it now, and we're in no position to help other countries. But the beat goes on.

I said the same thing prior to the Iraq invasion...

UrRight wrote:
Do I feel safe, though? No.

Yes, you do scare easily. But you're still far, far more likely to be killed by a bus, cheeseburger, or cancer than a terrorist, if that helps any.

UrRight wrote:
All I know is...our great grandchildren will probably find it much harder and have a host of more questions to ask and will be paying without those questions answered. Our world has changed. Our world is going to change even more in the years ahead.

Of course they will. We've been robbing our children and our grandchildren of their futures for decades. Civilizations grow, hit their limits, and collapse. We're following that formula exactly. Obama really isn't the Messiah, so you shouldn't expect him to fix everything overnight.

UrRight wrote:
So many questions...so little answers.

Welcome to the world of politics. Anywho, I answered your questions. Care to extend me the same courtesy?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats   Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats Empty

Back to top Go down

Please Keep Talking Dick Cheney! Love,Democrats
Page 1 of 1