Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal.

Go down 
+5
Heretic
happy jack
edge540
Artie60438
sparks
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KarenT

Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal.   Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal. - Page 2 Empty4/8/2009, 7:32 pm

Didn't I make that point in an earlier post?

KarenT
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal.   Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal. - Page 2 Empty4/8/2009, 7:43 pm

KarenT wrote:
Didn't I make that point in an earlier post?

KarenT

Probably. Didn't mean to steal your thunder.
Back to top Go down
stillhere219

PostSubject: Re: Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal.   Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal. - Page 2 Empty4/9/2009, 6:31 am

Seeing that the divorce rate in America is rapidly heading upward why would gays want to involve themselves in such a failed concept?

That aside let's not forget the economic impact on areas where they have increased in numbers - normally two incomes, more property taxes being paid and no kids to add to the need for schooling. Areas accepting of gay life styles are doing pretty well. Besides, we need more pretty homes and people with money to spend.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal.   Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal. - Page 2 Empty4/9/2009, 7:15 am

stillhere219 wrote:
Seeing that the divorce rate in America is rapidly heading upward why would gays want to involve themselves in such a failed concept?

That aside let's not forget the economic impact on areas where they have increased in numbers - normally two incomes, more property taxes being paid and no kids to add to the need for schooling. Areas accepting of gay life styles are doing pretty well. Besides, we need more pretty homes and people with money to spend.
I see a source of new jobs as more gays are married. Attorneys who specialize in gay divorces and new reality shows about those divorces!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal.   Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal. - Page 2 Empty4/9/2009, 7:58 am

paul87920 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
party42 wrote:
I believe all people should have the same right to get married as myself. I am very happy to see another state come to their senses. I don't think it will be long before all or most states are on the same page.
Right, and we've found a cure for the prevention of A.I.D.S. I guess we've all thrown that variable out the window, right?

Wouldn't marriage rights promote monogamous relationships?
So, then you say, contain the A.I.D.S. virus to the privacy of the gay home? Not very responsible.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal.   Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal. - Page 2 Empty4/9/2009, 9:24 am

Allow me to be the first to say... wtf? Question

First you want to cure the prevention of AIDS... and now you're upset the gays aren't gonna be spreading it around anymore?

lol!
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal.   Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal. - Page 2 Empty4/9/2009, 9:33 am

sparks wrote:

I see a source of new jobs as more gays are married. Attorneys who specialize in gay divorces and new reality shows about those divorces!
More jobs at the expense of stable families.
Wonderful idea, sparks.
Is that an established liberal concept, or did you just come up with that on your own?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal.   Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal. - Page 2 Empty4/9/2009, 9:56 am

I think he was joking...
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal.   Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal. - Page 2 Empty4/9/2009, 10:06 am

Heretic wrote:
I think he was joking...
You're probably right, and I should have realized that.
Usually, I'm pretty good about that. I can look at the author of certain posts and immedieately think, "Joke".
I missed this one somehow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal.   Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal. - Page 2 Empty4/9/2009, 10:07 am

LoisLane wrote:
paul87920 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
party42 wrote:
I believe all people should have the same right to get married as myself. I am very happy to see another state come to their senses. I don't think it will be long before all or most states are on the same page.
Right, and we've found a cure for the prevention of A.I.D.S. I guess we've all thrown that variable out the window, right?

Wouldn't marriage rights promote monogamous relationships?
So, then you say, contain the A.I.D.S. virus to the privacy of the gay home? Not very responsible.

Last I heard, sex is not the only way AIDS is contracted.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal.   Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal. - Page 2 Empty4/9/2009, 10:14 am

party42 wrote:
[
Last I heard, sex is not the only way AIDS is contracted.
Correct.
It s contracted mainly by promiscuous sex and shared narcotics needles.
That's why it's such a mainstream disease.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal.   Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal. - Page 2 Empty4/9/2009, 12:51 pm

Here is an ad that the religious right put together to try to attack the rights of the gay population. However,they didn't bother to secure the audition tapes so instead of a heart tugging plea to "protect" marriage, we are left with the image of a bunch of actors creating a commercial to attack civil rights.
Here is the ad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AzLrn5JVIo

Looks pretty lame,doesn't it?

Well the Human Rights Campaign found their audition tapes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRjVDZxho54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwqNFBt33o4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZaGks5LkkI

http://www.hrc.org/12470.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal.   Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vermont legislature overrides veto,makes gay marriage legal.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2