Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Are you on the list?

Go down 
+2
sparks
Madd Maxx
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Madd Maxx

Are you on the list? Empty
PostSubject: Are you on the list?   Are you on the list? Empty3/12/2009, 11:00 pm

I sure hope I am... It's nice to be noticed for your work...

FBI terrorist watch list hits 1 million entries
By Patrick Martin
12 March 2009

The FBI's Terrorist Screening Center acknowledged this week that there are more than 1 million names on its official terrorist watch list, a number that suggests the vast scale of the police-state measures undertaken by the US government on the pretext of waging a "war on terror."

It would be preposterous to suggest that these 1 million people are actually terrorists—in that event, Al Qaeda would have more troops than the US Army. Moreover, since an estimated 50,000 of those named are US residents, most of them citizens, this would mean hundreds of potential car bombers or airplane hijackers live in every major American city.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2009/mar2009/watc-m12.shtml
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you on the list?   Are you on the list? Empty3/13/2009, 6:24 am

Crap- the way I talk about the messiah I better watch out- they'll hunt me down and add me to that list LOL Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you on the list?   Are you on the list? Empty3/13/2009, 7:54 am

Ohhmama wrote:
Crap- the way I talk about the messiah I better watch out- they'll hunt me down and add me to that list LOL Wink

I would not be surprised to see those against Obama added to the list, if they have not been already.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Are you on the list?   Are you on the list? Empty3/13/2009, 8:25 am

Tiger1 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

I would not be surprised to see those against Obama added to the list, if they have not been already.
Actually, the responsibilty for this major attack on the civil liberties of Americans can be placed with former President Bush. While it is possible that Obama could use the FBI to target political enemies the way Bush did, I think it is premature and irresponsible to make that claim without a shred of evidence.
From the link-The list includes at least one US senator, Edward Kennedy, and three members of Congress, John Lewis, Loretta Sanchez and Don Young, as well as a former US Attorney and an army sergeant flying home from deployment in Iraq. Particularly sinister are cases like those of James Moore, author of a critical biography of Karl Rove, entitled Bush's Brain, and CNN reporter Drew Griffin, placed on the list in May 2008, shortly after he did a series of investigative reports critical of the Transportation Security Administration.
The FBI statement to USA Today confirms, eight months later, the estimate made public by the American Civil Liberties Union, which calculated, based on previous TSA figures about the growth rate of the watch list, that the total had reached the 1 million mark in July 2008.
The year-by-year increase has been staggering: 158,374 in June 2004, 288,000 in May 2005, 754,960 in May 2007 and an admitted 1,000,000 in March 2009, if not earlier. As an ACLU statement observed sarcastically, "Clearly, terrorists stand poised to replace suckers in P.T. Barnum's old adage, ‘there's one born every minute.' "
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Are you on the list?   Are you on the list? Empty3/13/2009, 8:49 am

Tiger1 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

Those days are over,but stay tuned for what's going to be revealed about the Bush administration. To say "shocking" would be an understatement.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Are you on the list?   Are you on the list? Empty3/13/2009, 10:12 am

I remember when I got my Military Security Clearance, I was investigated by the FBI, according to my former employer, and family members. That was quite a while ago, so I doubt I'm on The List. But, I'm sure I'm on several shit lists...
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Are you on the list?   Are you on the list? Empty3/13/2009, 10:53 am

Ohhmama wrote:

Tiger1 wrote:

Considering the previous administration did so for such trivialities, I wonder if you'd find it acceptable to discover your names now added to the list for such behavior.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you on the list?   Are you on the list? Empty3/13/2009, 12:36 pm

Acceptable, NO. Surprised, NO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you on the list?   Are you on the list? Empty3/13/2009, 3:58 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

Those days are over,but stay tuned for what's going to be revealed about the Bush administration. To say "shocking" would be an understatement.

OOOhhh more inside info? do share.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Are you on the list?   Are you on the list? Empty3/14/2009, 10:24 am

Ohhmama wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

OOOhhh more inside info? do share.

For starters pay close attention to Sen Sheldon Whitehouse's D-RI remarks about 2 minutes into this.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Are you on the list?   Are you on the list? Empty3/14/2009, 6:59 pm

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
I remember when I got my Military Security Clearance, I was investigated by the FBI, according to my former employer, and family members. That was quite a while ago, so I doubt I'm on The List. But, I'm sure I'm on several shit lists...

Same for me, working for what use to be the "Civil Service Commission", turned, "Office of Personnel Management, that hires federal workers. I had the FBI asking the neighbors to vouch for me, checked out my background, took six weeks, got cleared. The best thing about being a civil servant was, if anyone attacked me, it was a felony. I felt pretty prestigious back then.

The sad thing is, the crooks were running the gov't office, and I couldn't and wouldn't work for them....

But I feel good, you know why? I'm clean. I am damn clean. That doesn't mean I don't know about "THEM".
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Are you on the list?   Are you on the list? Empty3/14/2009, 7:17 pm

Artie, and ARTIE, give me one damn politician from the repuking side, or the dumbocrat side - where you can believe anyone.

Bush is no different than any president below or above him. I wanted to give Obama a fair trial. I say he already flunked horribly, and will lead this country to the bottom of whatever is left of the bottom. YOU JUST DON'T SPEND MONEY YOU DON'T HAVE.

Just like if you can't pay cash, you don't charge it. How much clearer can common sense tell you that doling out cash that has to be repaid later, only puts a temporary bandage on things? Plus the fact that he brought crooked A-holes in the office with him....people who forgot to file their taxes, people who forgot to change their underwear...GEEZE, tell me I'm dreaming this up!

They always hire their friends, add to the payroll, and ask to tax you more. How about reversing the trend, Obama...how about the politicians scaling back and getting rid of their line of friends & relatives?

On the news this past week, it showed thousands lined up for only 125 openings in Joliet; people wrapped around the building and down the block. They reported a job fair where they had to send home hundreds of people because there was no way to accommodate them? And the state wants to tax their income? More than 50% in an income tax increase, in IL? What's wrong with our politicians...working this job and heading this agency, only to collect three different pensions? That's what is wrong and why Emanuel Jones refuses to step down...he wants that third or fourth (lost track) pension. He's out for himself, isn't qualified, and got in there by being a crook. People have had it up to their neck with politicians. It's the only job left in the U.S., but if they want to talk welfare, to me, that's political welfare. They have the taxpayers supporting their life and lifestyle. Their greedy, not trust-worthy and the very ones to lead the U.S. to the bottom of what is left to be the bottom.

They don't have any common sense. Period.

What has Obama done to SAVE (Save is his scapegoat word), or CREATE that makes the "SAVED" word sacred..."JOBS"? Nothing, and he can't.

It's because they have a pact and it's all a bunch of crap. Look at Stroger...look how he hog-feeds his relatives and then brags about Oak Forest Hospital finally entering the 2000 year era that was due back in the 1980s. But ask him to eliminate the unnecessary positions, and he'd be in the green. He's just a greedy politician out for his pension. That's all. He doesn't qualify for his job anymore than I would....I can sit in his chair, look stupid naturally, and smirk when I need to, or smile like it's a joke. Keep hiring my friends and relatives.

I can be Quinn, taking over the state of IL saying, "we need a 50% hike in income taxes." Is he related to Stroger? Geez, try squeezing that out of turnips....the state should be going to hell pretty soon. Especially if they raise property taxes, cuz no one can afford to live in their homes as it is. It'll end up like East St. Louis, or, St. Louis as it is now, in MO.

I'm definitely sure that the politicians are gonna drive us into the hole, hit bottom, and these guys won't know what to do once they put us where Mexico is, living in tent cities. You can't continue to make people pay more with less jobs, less homes, no property taxes coming in and expect to hold public office, cuz there won't be the revenue there to help those politicians sustain the lifestyle they are accustomed to.

It'll all backfire with Obama. I already see he backed out of his campaign promises. He's just another politician peddling money out of the last of what's left working for a living.

He could start by not traveling back to Chicago every 4 to 6 weeks; he can start by showing by example, parties with black musicians every Wednesday is NOT a necessity. He can start walking his talk, if you ask me. So far, all I have seen is some wanna-be President of the US blasting his mouth like Stroger, knowing no shitz or squat about anything. Only what they whisper in his ear.

He knew what he was getting into with his two daughters, and you can't have it both ways. Not at taxpayers' expense.

Like I said, brace yourself...the worse is yet to come. That pep talk is all it is. Pep talk. I doubt the guy knows squat and has to go with a teleprompter everywhere he goes, cuz he doesn't speak from the heart; he's not capable of speaking from the heart. In fact, I read he DOES take that teleprompter everywhere he goes, and it messes up press coverage.

Knowing something you feel from the heart, you don't need to record and read it again. You speak from your heart, and a true leader does that.

I predict our nation will really be in for a surprise by the end of the year. He is not - NOT - eligible to be a president of the US. He's got a mouth and that's it. Look at his wife - you can tell he only uses his mouth. She seems quite happy having her cake, and eating it, too. I want to believe, but he is not anything NEAR ABE LINCOLN or Kennedy. He's almost starting to look and appear like STROGER, depending on everyone to whisper in his ear to tell us only what we want to hear. Like Rudy Clay...and I'm not talking skin color...I'm talking "Smooth talking, and misleading us...manipulating people into thinking they are 'all' that & more".

The governor in Indiana is no different. He hoards...he knows how to tax, though. He's another "wanna-be", although I wouldn't trade him for a Quinn or Blogo. But he does have his priorities wrong. He is neglecting the state. He's turned it into a welfare county by not producing jobs where they are needed. The lakefront stinks, looks stinky and is horrible, yet it's suppose to be an "asset". It's disgusting...

The little girl from South Carolina who wrote the letter for a new school - who appeared at the inaugauration - her governor refuses part of the stimulous to fix or build a new school. On CNN they showed the worse school I ever saw in my life. Ceiling cracking and falling, teacher can't teach when a train goes by five times a day...and a little girl has to advise the politicians, where it should be the other way around. The gov was quoted as saying not to borrow when you can't pay. They should make him live there for a week; when a child begs for a safe school and wants to better her education, where are YOU, Obama? The priorties are wrong in our country.

The state lottery was to go straight to schools back when it was started. What happens to that money? I guess they raided the pension to pay something, and owe the pension but have to rob Peter to pay Paul, and forget you taxpayers...GREED. That's all it is, simple greed.
When you deny a child crying out for a better school, you know it's bad.
When you are asking to build an unnecessary high school that is no where nearly as bad as that child's school, and insist it should be replaced, but let that child's plea being ignored, well, compare that new high school in Hammond to what I saw on TV today, it's greed.

Hammond High no where comes close to that third world school I saw on CNN today. To have that gov think it's safe enough for them...they should make him send his kids there, or his nieces or nephews of that age, and make he & his family live there, then check back with CNN. I say throw all the politicians where they think the money shouldn't go and check back with us. I'm sick of the lying.

Last edited by UrRight on 3/14/2009, 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected mistakes and added more steam.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you on the list?   Are you on the list? Empty3/15/2009, 7:27 am

Careful how you lamblast the chosen One Urr- you're expected to be patient and not dissapprove of things he's done in such a short amount of time- supposedly for our own good...

(But I have to say I agree with ya chick)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you on the list?   Are you on the list? Empty3/15/2009, 8:15 am

UrRight wrote:
I can be Quinn, taking over the state of IL saying, "we need a 50% hike in income taxes." Is he related to Stroger? Geez, try squeezing that out of turnips....the state should be going to hell pretty soon. Especially if they raise property taxes, cuz no one can afford to live in their homes as it is. It'll end up like East St. Louis, or, St. Louis as it is now, in MO.
This is key. Yellow Belly Quinn (hands off Senator Burris, or the blacks won't back me for Governor in 2010) will increase the INCOME TAX by 50%. Sound familiar? Taxing the people that actually go to work every day, to cover the pensions and welfare for the folks that are sitting on their asses watching Oprah and Barack Obama on TV. I actually think Blago was the lesser of two evils. He actually said, on his whirlwind TV tours, that the Democrats wanted him out of office, so they could raise taxes.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Are you on the list?   Are you on the list? Empty3/15/2009, 9:56 am

UrRight wrote:

I predict our nation will really be in for a surprise by the end of the year. He is not - NOT - eligible to be a president of the US.

I think we all know how reliable your "predictions" are lol! They come true about as often as Halley's Comet appears. Let us know when you have some actual proof.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Are you on the list?   Are you on the list? Empty3/15/2009, 9:59 am

LoisLane wrote:

This is key. Yellow Belly Quinn (hands off Senator Burris, or the blacks won't back me for Governor in 2010) will increase the INCOME TAX by 50%. Sound familiar? Taxing the people that actually go to work every day, to cover the pensions and welfare for the folks that are sitting on their asses watching Oprah and Barack Obama on TV. I actually think Blago was the lesser of two evils. He actually said, on his whirlwind TV tours, that the Democrats wanted him out of office, so they could raise taxes.

Lois,Burris was legally appointed and there is nothing Quinn can do about it. What's your plan for fixing Illinois fiscal problems?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you on the list?   Are you on the list? Empty3/15/2009, 10:39 am

Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

Lois,Burris was legally appointed and there is nothing Quinn can do about it. What's your plan for fixing Illinois fiscal problems?
How about being fiscally responsible? Cutting waste, and duplication of services. Laying off those state employees that do nothing. Looking at the mess created by Todd Stroger. Etc, etc, etc, etc, and so forth.

And yes Burris was legally appointed, but how he was appointed just plain stinks. And for all of the black caucus clowns to stick up for the guy JUST because he is the only black senator, is no reason not to investigate the circumstance. The guy is a joke, and will be the same as a "superfluous third nipple" until there is a real election, and the people can vote their choice. Todd Stroger is the other fine example.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Are you on the list?   Are you on the list? Empty3/15/2009, 11:08 am

LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

How about being fiscally responsible? Cutting waste, and duplication of services. Laying off those state employees that do nothing. Looking at the mess created by Todd Stroger. Etc, etc, etc, etc, and so forth.

I agree that there is probably waste and I'm not a fan of Todd Stroger either. My plan would would be a casino in the South suburbs. Dolton,Cal City,South Holland,,Lansing,I don't care where,as long as we stop sending millions to Indiana.

Quote :
And yes Burris was legally appointed, but how he was appointed just plain stinks. And for all of the black caucus clowns to stick up for the guy JUST because he is the only black senator, is no reason not to investigate the circumstance. The guy is a joke, and will be the same as a "superfluous third nipple" until there is a real election, and the people can vote their choice. Todd Stroger is the other fine example.

Burris will never get reelected. Even if an investigation proved his appointment was improper,short of a video showing him handing Blago a suitcase full of cash,his term would still be just about over before action could be taken against him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you on the list?   Are you on the list? Empty3/15/2009, 11:18 am

Artie60438 wrote:
I agree that there is probably waste and I'm not a fan of Todd Stroger either. My plan would would be a casino in the South suburbs. Dolton,Cal City,South Holland,,Lansing,I don't care where,as long as we stop sending millions to Indiana.
A casino would help, but not to the tune of $7 billion dollars, which is the red ink line Illinois is currently at. My plan would be, to totally eliminate Township Government in the State of Illinois. The services provided by the townships in this state are duplicated by local and county governments. I have no hard figures, but just in Thornton Township alone, millions could be saved. Face it, township government has been obsolete since the 1940's. We have the Internet, Interstate highways, etc., so there is no reason for a neighborhood satellite arm for the county government.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you on the list?   Are you on the list? Empty3/15/2009, 11:35 am

LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
A casino would help, but not to the tune of $7 billion dollars, which is the red ink line Illinois is currently at. My plan would be, to totally eliminate Township Government in the State of Illinois. The services provided by the townships in this state are duplicated by local and county governments. I have no hard figures, but just in Thornton Township alone, millions could be saved. Face it, township government has been obsolete since the 1940's. We have the Internet, Interstate highways, etc., so there is no reason for a neighborhood satellite arm for the county government.

Here's a "fairly recent" link. It is a PDF, but it clearly shows that total township revenue in 2006, was $547,000,000. Probably 1 1/2 times that by now.
http://www.roosevelt.edu/ima/pdfs/IMA_050708.pdf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you on the list?   Are you on the list? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you on the list?
Page 1 of 1