Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GOP Stimulus Myths

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

GOP Stimulus Myths - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOP Stimulus Myths   GOP Stimulus Myths - Page 2 Empty2/26/2009, 10:45 pm

We can't let the auto industry die. Think of all the people that would be out of work. By letting it die doesn't it put us over another barrel, so to speak? We would be at the mercy of all the foreign car makers. You think cars cost a lot now, think of the cost of one if we imported all of our cars. And if we didn't import how would we get around? I don't think anyone wants to go back to horse and buggy and mass transit in this country is in bad shape too.
Back to top Go down

GOP Stimulus Myths - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOP Stimulus Myths   GOP Stimulus Myths - Page 2 Empty2/27/2009, 10:03 am

Are all foreign cars imported? I thought we had plants here where they make the foreign brands, who actually hire people who live in this country?

I agree, let the car companies whose products aren't selling die off. Why should the taxpayers keep afloat a company who can't manage their business and continue to sell products that people don't want. That's the point of capitalism.

Maybe our gov't should focus on giving credits to companies who keep their business in our country, hiring American's instead of sending work overseas supporting other nations. THAT would help people out of work.

I'm sickened that the gov't has an even bigger hand in the Citigroup corp as of the announcement this morning. I don't see how nationalizing our banks will help in the long run except making gov't bigger.

I agree with Mike, congress should put a hold on their expenditures, and take a pay cut. They won't; their egos are too big and they think they are too deserving, yet god forbid some of them pay their taxes like us mere citizens and contribute their earnings.
Back to top Go down

GOP Stimulus Myths
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2