Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chimp-in-Chief

Go down 
+6
sparks
edge540
stillhere219
WhitingLib
Artie60438
happy jack
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
happy jack

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/18/2009, 6:34 pm

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-ny-post-cartoon19-2009feb19,0,2898604.story
N.Y. Post defends cartoon some say links Obama to dead chimp

NEW YORK -- The New York Post is standing behind a cartoon that some have interpreted as comparing President Barack Obama to a violent chimpanzee gunned down by police.
The cartoon in today's Post by Sean Delonas shows two police officers standing over the body of a bullet-riddled chimp. One of the officers says the other, "They'll have to find someone else to write the next stimulus bill."
Sam Stein, a columnist for the site, wrote that "at its most benign, the cartoon suggests that the stimulus bill was so bad, monkeys may as well have written it. Most provocatively, it compares the president to a rabid chimp. Either way, the incorporation of violence and (on a darker level) race into politics is bound to be controversial."

Gracious!
Comparing the president to a chimp.
When have I heard that before?
Oh, yes - every day for the past 8 years.
What I didn't hear for the past 8 years, however, was media outrage when that comparison was made.
Suddenly, it's somehow very, very wrong.

Note to the Messiah:

Barry:
If you don't thicken your skin, it will be a very long four years for you.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/18/2009, 8:47 pm

happy jack wrote:

Gracious!
What I didn't hear for the past 8 years, however, was media outrage when that comparison was made.

Note to the Messiah:

Barry:

Yeah,well when you're saying that the chimp is supposed to be Obama,you are in effect advocating his assassination. I don't see anything amusing in that.
Back to top Go down

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/18/2009, 9:22 pm

He didn't call the president the chimp, the NY Post did, so I suppose THEY would be advocating his assassination according to you.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/18/2009, 10:11 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
He didn't call the president the chimp, the NY Post did, so I suppose THEY would be advocating his assassination according to you.

They certainly did.
Quote :
Gracious!
[quote]

I still don't know what a dead chimp who was killed in an altercation with police and the stimulus bill have to do with each other.
Back to top Go down
WhitingLib

WhitingLib

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/18/2009, 10:23 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

I still don't know what a dead chimp who was killed in an altercation with police and the stimulus bill have to do with each other.

Neither do I.
This was blatant racism.

Absolutely sickening.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/18/2009, 10:52 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Gracious!

Note to the Messiah:

Barry:

Yeah,well when you're saying that the chimp is supposed to be Obama,you are in effect advocating his assassination. I don't see anything amusing in that.
All right.
Something is very, very wrong here.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/18/2009, 11:15 pm

Artie:
I see that you are online now, and I'm sure you have read the previous post.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/18/2009, 11:16 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Gracious!

Note to the Messiah:

Barry:

All right.
Something is very, very wrong here.

You're right. Something is wrong and hopefully it will be rectified soon.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/18/2009, 11:17 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie:

Take care,Jack
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/18/2009, 11:42 pm

WhitingLib wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Neither do I.
This was blatant racism.

Absolutely sickening.
Has anyone but me ever noticed that when a black man and a chimp are juxtaposed, it is invariably liberals who make the racial connection?
Back to top Go down
stillhere219

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/19/2009, 6:05 am

My first thought was "Curious George is dead - how sad." Guess I'm just naive.
Back to top Go down

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/19/2009, 8:40 am

IMO, this cartoon was not racist at all. I see it as a parody of the absurdity of the so called bailouts and stimulas garbage that is being rammed down our throats.
Back to top Go down

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/19/2009, 8:51 am

Tiger1 wrote:
IMO, this cartoon was not racist at all. I see it as a parody of the absurdity of the so called bailouts and stimulas garbage that is being rammed down our throats.

EXACTLY

It was a combination of two news stories currently going on.

The porkulus package and the shooting of the drugged up chimp(which now was not supposedly drugged).

Sharpton is an asshole, simple as that

And honestly, the President did not write the stimulus package either, the house and senate did.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/19/2009, 9:17 am

Tiger1 wrote:

Maybe you can explain who the chimp in the cartoon is supposed to represent?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/19/2009, 9:23 am

mike3775 wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

EXACTLY

It was a combination of two news stories currently going on.

The porkulus package and the shooting of the drugged up chimp(which now was not supposedly drugged).

Except that each story has absolutely nothing to do with the other. I'll ask you the same question,Mike. Who was the chimp supposed to represent?

Quote :
Sharpton is an asshole, simple as that

Why? For pointing out blatant racism? The A-holes are the cartoonist and the NY Post for publishing it.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/19/2009, 9:27 am

I thought cartoons were suppossed to be funny.

Putting the blatant racism aside, there is absolutely NOTHING in this piece of crap that is even close to being humorous.

A woman gets her eyes, nose & chin torn off by a vicious animal & somehow THIS is connected with a the stimulus bill?

Give me a fricken' break.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/19/2009, 9:29 am

Quote :
The A-holes are the cartoonist and the NY Post for publishing it.

....and the bigots defending it.
Back to top Go down
sparks

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/19/2009, 9:43 am

But the National Association of Black Journalists called the cartoon "the lowest common denominator of taste and class."

"The publisher and editors of The New York Post owe its readers an explanation," association President Barbara Ciara said in a statement.

The right-leaning Post is owned by Rupert Murdoch's international media conglomerate News Corp

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090218/pl_nm/us_chimp_attack_cartoon
The fact that Rupert Murdoch owns the Post says it all. He has become rich by attracting publicity to his businesses with ill-advised,hateful crap like this. The fact that he renounced his Australian citizenship in order to buy media companies in this country says everything you need to know about him. He'll do whatever it takes to make a buck.
Back to top Go down

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/19/2009, 11:31 am

A combination of two story's Edge

If it had been Hillary Clinton as President, and the same cartoon was printed, would their be outrage? Hell no there wouldn't

This just goes to show you, Sharpton will find something racist in anything, and he is only grandstanding. where is the Obama outrage? If this is so offensive, why isn't the President speaking out about it, since it is supposedly about him and all?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/19/2009, 11:34 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie:

You must have misunderstood me. By "you" I was referring to the deranged wingnut kooks who authored, gave a platform to the comic,and think that the death penalty is appropriate. It was poor phrasing on my part.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/19/2009, 11:41 am

mike3775 wrote:
A combination of two story's Edge

If it had been Hillary Clinton as President, and the same cartoon was printed, would their be outrage? Hell no there wouldn't

Straw man argument

Quote :

This just goes to show you, Sharpton will find something racist in anything, and he is only grandstanding. where is the Obama outrage? If this is so offensive, why isn't the President speaking out about it, since it is supposedly about him and all?

Mike,You actually think Obama is going to waste his time mentioning this and take the focus off what he's trying to accomplish. Unless a reporter specifically asks him about it he'll ignore it,like he should.

Once again I'll ask you...Who exactly is the dead chimp in the cartoon supposed to be?
Back to top Go down

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/19/2009, 3:59 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

For the three years I've been part of the board communities, I've read posts by you and your buddies calling Bush a chimp-in-chief without hesitation. Now because Obama is being called a chimp it's racism.

How flippin' funny.

I'll give you it's bad taste to show a murdered chimp representing a supposed assassination, horrible taste no matter who is prez, but to compare it to racism- hell, no need for a cartoon, that's just f'n funny.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/19/2009, 6:13 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

For the three years I've been part of the board communities, I've read posts by you and your buddies calling Bush a chimp-in-chief without hesitation. Now because Obama is being called a chimp it's racism.

How flippin' funny.

Because for years African-Americans have been compared and stereotyped to primates by racists as if they're less than human.

Quote :
I'll give you it's bad taste to show a murdered chimp representing a supposed assassination, horrible taste no matter who is prez, but to compare it to racism- hell, no need for a cartoon, that's just f'n funny.

Not only is it bad taste,but the 2 issues have nothing whatsoever to do with each other.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/19/2009, 11:24 pm

My comic would have been a picture of Barack Obama raping a time machine that had it's clock set to "the next 2 or 3 generations"
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty2/20/2009, 2:18 am

paul87920 wrote:
My comic would have been a picture of Barack Obama raping a time machine that had it's clock set to "the next 2 or 3 generations"

So what's your solution to this frickin' mess that President Obama inherited?

National Debt Doubles Under Bush

Quote :
President Bush has nearly doubled the national debt during his eight years in the White House. As he prepares to return to Texas next month, Mr. Bush is on track to add $5 trillion to the $5.73 trillion national debt he inherited when he took office. According to Treasury Department data, the number was $10.66 trillion at the end of November, and it has been rising at an astronomical rate.

Our economy is a frickin' disaster, and you fault the current President for actually trying to do something about it? And you have the gall to blame President Obama for the plight of future generations?

Unfrickin' believable!

Do you remember what Bush told us in 2004? He said he would cut the deficit in half before he left office...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A13463-2004Feb27&notFound=true

Quote :
CBO Disputes Bush Promise To Cut Deficit in Half in 5 Years
Budget Analysis Challenges Administration's Forecasts

By Jonathan Weisman
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, February 28, 2004; Page A04

President Bush's budget would not cut the budget deficit in half over five years, as the president has promised, and would run up $2.75 trillion in additional debt over the next decade, according to an analysis the Congressional Budget Office issued yesterday.

The report suggests that the administration has given an overly pessimistic view of the deficit this year but overly optimistic forecasts for later years to back up its assertion that the budget deficit could be cut in half within five years.

Yeah, I guess Bush was "overly optimistic." Instead of "cutting the deficit in half," he handed Obama a one trillion dollar deficit.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE5055JQ20090106?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

It really pisses me off that I need to remind anyone how we got to this point. Almost half of this country told you fools that Bush was ruining our economy with his inept policies, but you all chose to believe tripe like "the fundamentals of the economy are strong," and "there is no recession."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chimp-in-Chief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimp-in-Chief   Chimp-in-Chief Empty

Back to top Go down

Chimp-in-Chief
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next