Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RDA Chief Jumps Ship

Go down 
AuthorMessage

RDA Chief Jumps Ship Empty
PostSubject: RDA Chief Jumps Ship   RDA Chief Jumps Ship Empty12/19/2008, 2:22 pm

http://nwi.com/articles/2008/12/19/updates/breaking_news/doc494bbc2a479a6660435811.txt

The first-ever executive director of the Northwest Indiana Regional Development Authority will soon resign his post to take a new job at Purdue University.

Tim Sanders, who has headed the RDA since October 2005, will take up the job of associate vice president for governmental relations at Purdue on Jan. 5, according to a news release from the RDA.

His resignation comes as the seven-member board seeks to head off the collapse of region bus systems and faces critical decisions on Gary/Chicago International Airport.

The RDA has not yet announced any plans for replacing Sanders.

No doubt frustration at having little to show for all that money spent and little cooperation among local governments played a part. Makes me wonder if it isn't time to dissolve the thing entirely.

As a side note I see the Times now puts an ad in before you can read the story from the main page linky. I think they're getting desperate!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RDA Chief Jumps Ship   RDA Chief Jumps Ship Empty12/19/2008, 2:28 pm

Speaking of the RDA:

http://www.nwi.com/articles/2008/12/16/news/top_news/doc7ba166877b5a69e6862575210013b4d5.txt

So they want to do this recreational development through the RDA? Since the primary reason for creating a RDA was to improve transportation with development being a secondary concern it seems like the RDA has lost focus. All they seem to want to do is spend on recreational development, and at a time when folks are cash strapped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RDA Chief Jumps Ship   RDA Chief Jumps Ship Empty12/19/2008, 2:29 pm

ad block works great

Careful Mirage they also want to runa script as well. I get a pop up all the time saying script not allowed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RDA Chief Jumps Ship   RDA Chief Jumps Ship Empty12/19/2008, 4:49 pm

Like I said, adblock isn't working on my PC. It will have to wait until after the holidays.

This is the 2nd time I tried to post this. Not just this site but it seems like when I try to post sometimes it just vanishes. That never happened once I got Mozilla because I could always hit the back button and just resubmit. But now the post just vaporizes. I'm wondering if some of those scripts aren't to blame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RDA Chief Jumps Ship   RDA Chief Jumps Ship Empty12/19/2008, 6:55 pm

I don't allow scripts to run unless its on a site I goto everyday(except for the Times)
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: RDA Chief Jumps Ship   RDA Chief Jumps Ship Empty12/20/2008, 8:43 pm

Mirage wrote:
http://nwi.com/articles/2008/12/19/updates/breaking_news/doc494bbc2a479a6660435811.txt

The first-ever executive director of the Northwest Indiana Regional Development Authority will soon resign his post to take a new job at Purdue University.

Tim Sanders, who has headed the RDA since October 2005, will take up the job of associate vice president for governmental relations at Purdue on Jan. 5, according to a news release from the RDA.

His resignation comes as the seven-member board seeks to head off the collapse of region bus systems and faces critical decisions on Gary/Chicago International Airport.

The RDA has not yet announced any plans for replacing Sanders.

No doubt frustration at having little to show for all that money spent and little cooperation among local governments played a part. Makes me wonder if it isn't time to dissolve the thing entirely.

As a side note I see the Times now puts an ad in before you can read the story from the main page linky. I think they're getting desperate!

he thought being on the rda was frustrating! imagine how frustrating being maurice's new boss will be!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RDA Chief Jumps Ship   RDA Chief Jumps Ship Empty12/20/2008, 9:00 pm

I know quite a few professors, and they all say the same thing, running a Govt entity is easier than working for a University

At least with the Govt, you can lie and say you are notin, you can't do thjat with the University
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RDA Chief Jumps Ship   RDA Chief Jumps Ship Empty

Back to top Go down

RDA Chief Jumps Ship
Page 1 of 1