Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+2
Face
UrRight
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
UrRight

Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/16/2009, 10:09 am

It was only a matter of time, time I knew would come out soon-soon.
http://www.suntimes.com/news/brown/1432864,CST-NWS-brown16.article

"....It's true Republicans on the impeachment panel didn't ask the best follow-up questions that day, but contrary to what Burris said Sunday, they came back to the topic of Blagojevich contacts twice more without him offering the relevant details.

At least Republicans were asking tough questions. Democrats on the committee made it their business that day to protect Burris. A certain Chicago Democrat who would like to be a congressman and was a leader in the effort to impeach Blagojevich made it plain that day he didn't want the impeachment panel investigating Burris, raising numerous objections to the Republican line of questioning.

From here on out, Democrats might want to try assisting in the search for the truth instead of protecting one of their own."
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/16/2009, 12:21 pm

I said from the beginning, he was wrong to accept the appointment by Blago, and now he should be removed from office by his own party in the Senate.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/16/2009, 12:57 pm

Face wrote:
I said from the beginning, he was wrong to accept the appointment by Blago, and now he should be removed from office by his own party in the Senate.

I don't think it would be proper for the US Senate to do anything formal regarding Burris at this point. If the Illinois legislature decides to take action against Burris, then that may change. But right now, the State of Illinois needs to decide what it wants to do about this sorry situation.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/16/2009, 12:59 pm

They should dump his sorry ass, and appoint ME.....I'm clean as a whistle. What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/16/2009, 4:48 pm

Face wrote:

Worse, the party knew about it and held it as a secret until the Times reported about it....

3 words...

Pa-thet-ic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/16/2009, 4:49 pm

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
They should dump his sorry ass, and appoint ME.....I'm clean as a whistle. What a Face

If I still lived my my beloved state, I'd vote for ya... Wink
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/16/2009, 4:53 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:

If I still lived my my beloved state, I'd vote for ya... Wink
Oh goodie. Now I have two votes. And I can't be bought off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/16/2009, 6:32 pm

Are you sure? I make a killer brownie... Wink

(and no- that wasn't a european/judeo-christian superiority remark- I can't help they're called brown Wink ).
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/16/2009, 6:35 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Are you sure? I make a killer brownie... Wink

(and no- that wasn't a european/judeo-christian superiority remark- I can't help they're called brown Wink ).
OK, brownies and fudge are my weakness (can't be a BigWhiteGuy without 'em)......I talked to Blago's brother. (and his sister, and I'd probably talk to his mom, if I knew her)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/16/2009, 6:38 pm

Ah-ha!!! I shall have you under my control in no time!!!!

Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! BROWNIE

Now to figure out what I need...
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/16/2009, 6:45 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Ah-ha!!! I shall have you under my control in no time!!!!

Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! BROWNIE

Now to figure out what I need...
Talk about STIMULUS.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/16/2009, 6:48 pm

Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Dr-evil
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/16/2009, 6:50 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Dr-evil
Just for that I'm going to make a cup of Green Mountain (Lake and Lodge) coffee, and a slice of carrot cake.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/16/2009, 7:44 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Face wrote:

Worse, the party knew about it and held it as a secret until the Times reported about it....

I don't recall anything that indicated that the Democrats "knew about it" and "held it as a secret."

Is that simply an opinion, or do you happen to have a link that supports it?

If you do, please post it.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/16/2009, 7:53 pm

Sure- actually I had heard this on the radio this morning- those darn talk show kids- so I had to hunt down the info...

here ya go-

Quote :
The disclosure reflects a major omission from his testimony in January. Burris, who entered the Senate the same week he testified at the panel, said he filed the affidavit because he didn't have the opportunity to lay out all the facts during his live testimony, a claim Durkin rejected.

Durkin said the information was evidence withheld by Democrats. Cross said he only learned about the affidavit after reading about it in the news on Saturday, even though the Illinois Democratic Majority Leader Rep. Barbara Currie received the affidavit on Feb. 5.

"I think somebody in the Burris camp finally realized that these conversations were probably on tape," Cross said explaining why he thinks the information became public.

The weekend's affidavit was the second time Burris amended himself before the panel. On Jan. 5, he filed an affidavit that said he had just one conversation with the governor's attorney but had not had any contact with the governor or his representatives regarding a possible appointment to the Senate.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/02/15/gop-consider-investigation-sen-burris-perjury/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/16/2009, 7:57 pm

Here's another article...

Quote :
The new affidavit from Mr. Burris was dated Feb. 4, and his aides said it was sent the next day to State Representative Barbara Flynn Currie, the chairwoman of the impeachment committee. But most lawmakers in Springfield said they were unaware of the new affidavit until they read about it in The Sun-Times.

Ms. Currie, a Democrat, acknowledged that her office received the affidavit shortly after Feb. 5. But she said she had not read the documentation and did not realize that the package contained the new information.

“We’ll look at it,” Ms. Currie said Saturday evening. “I’m not at this point prepared to say there’s something wrong. He has consistently said there wasn’t pay to play.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/15/us/15burris.html?pagewanted=2
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/16/2009, 8:08 pm

I didn't realize that you were talking about some of the Democratic members of the Illinois legislature.

Thanks for the links, and for clarifying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/16/2009, 8:11 pm

Sorry, I guess I should have mentioned that...

You're welcome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/16/2009, 9:53 pm

Scorpion wrote:
Face wrote:

I don't think it would be proper for the US Senate to do anything formal regarding Burris at this point. If the Illinois legislature decides to take action against Burris, then that may change. But right now, the State of Illinois needs to decide what it wants to do about this sorry situation.

Scorp, while I respect you, and what you do, this is a time for someone who lied under oath, when he did not disclose the conversation to the Illinois senate about his appointment, he lied. He was asked who he spoke with and was there any mention about having to "pay" for the seat. He said no. He lied, he needs to be removed for purgury(sp). REMOVE HIM and do it now. He lied, and does not deserve the seat. I do believe the Senate can remove a member for false testimony, not sure but I sure as hell hope so. The state I grew up in and hold close to my heart, is becomming such a joke it isn't funny.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/16/2009, 11:32 pm

Face wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Face wrote:

Scorp, while I respect you, and what you do, this is a time for someone who lied under oath, when he did not disclose the conversation to the Illinois senate about his appointment, he lied. He was asked who he spoke with and was there any mention about having to "pay" for the seat. He said no. He lied, he needs to be removed for purgury(sp). REMOVE HIM and do it now. He lied, and does not deserve the seat. I do believe the Senate can remove a member for false testimony, not sure but I sure as hell hope so. The state I grew up in and hold close to my heart, is becomming such a joke it isn't funny.

Hey Face... Man, I agree with you about Burris.

All I'm saying is that I doubt that there is much that the US Senate can do if the Illinois legislature, or the Governor, or somebody in Illinois doesn't act.

He's not actually been found guilty of anything, even though it's obvious that he is guilty, and that makes it difficult for the US Senate to remove Burris at this point, because they would basically be robbing Illinois of representation. They could censure him, I suppose, but that's no more than a slap on the wrist.

I also agree with you about Illinois. I was born in Chicago, and am as disgusted as you are over all of this drama. The best thing the State can do at this point is to proceed against Burris. If Illinois takes action, then it will make it a lot easier for the US Senate to follow suit. Illinois needs to come up with some kind of provision for a special election or some other process to replace Burris, and restore some lawful representation to the citizens of Illinois.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/17/2009, 4:54 am

its fair to say this isnt the fault of the federal congress. they oppossed burris' appointment as long as they could.

but it clearly is the fault of blagoyovich, burris, and of the mismanagement of the impeachement proceedings by the illinois dems in the state legislature.

as bad and reprehensible as blagos actions were. the ill legislative dems exasperated it by putting on a show trial on ms. madigans behalf and attempting to politically distance themselves from blago....even though the truth is blago's very existence was due to their own political efforts just 18 months earlier in getting him re-elected overwhelmingly.

dont get me wrong. the illinois repubs are no better...after their rediculous support till their demise of george ryan.

the point is, there are very few, if any, legislatures in illinois that are immune from valid criticism in recent years (oh and btw, their legislative record sucks too?

the one thing the congress could do, is launch an investigation into burris for potential purgory before the senate (both the fed senate and illinois senate). and if the house so chooses they could file impeachement proceedings against him, with the senate then holding the trial. more than likely, burris would wind up resigning, and protecting his pension (yes he already qualifies for a lifetime pension and health care for his senate tenure ) than risk losing it all if impeached.

it isnt often i would say this, but thank god i live in lake county indiana, where our reported corruption pales in comparison to illinois state government in recent years.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/17/2009, 5:45 pm

Did anyone catch this tidbit today?

Burris tried to raise funds for Blagojevich

Quote :
U.S. Sen. Roland Burris now acknowledges attempting to raise money for ousted Gov. Rod Blagojevich — an explosive twist in his ever-changing story on how he landed a coveted Senate appointment from the man accused of trying to sell the seat.

But hey, that's OK, because he claims he wasn't successful.

Quote :
Burris also said he planned to release later this week "a concise document" related to his testimony, but he would not elaborate.

Wow, I can't wait. I'm sure that all of this was nothing more than a big mixup.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/17/2009, 8:22 pm

the most staunch democrat now has to acknowledge this guy has attempted to mislead the public and dem state officials in illinois.

i about fell out of my chair when i read this. his parsing and evolution of truth rivals that of bill clintion. except this has nothing to do with sex.

time for some of my fellow dems to put up or shut up. when clinton did it it was excused because it was only about sex. now that this involves lieing to the state congress and the american public regarding how he got his senate spot. this time it should cost the official his job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/17/2009, 8:35 pm

the oracle wrote:
the most staunch democrat now has to acknowledge this guy has attempted to mislead the public and dem state officials in illinois.

i about fell out of my chair when i read this. his parsing and evolution of truth rivals that of bill clintion. except this has nothing to do with sex.

time for some of my fellow dems to put up or shut up. when clinton did it it was excused because it was only about sex. now that this involves lieing to the state congress and the american public regarding how he got his senate spot. this time it should cost the official his job.

Exactly. Purgery or not, as you perfectly stated, he misled, and IMO knowingly misled because his political ambitions were far more important to him than admitting the truth. It's disgusting and I pray that the officials in IL don't roll over "again" and let another corrupt politian get away with "it"...
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty2/17/2009, 9:09 pm

Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Werenoangels
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!   Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Burris, The Fibber! Liar? Deceiver? #%$)@#!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next