Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Petty white trash a-holes

Go down 
+2
paul87920
WhitingLib
6 posters

If you spend hours shoveling out a parking spot, should you be able to defend it?
Yes, break the windshield of any a-hole that parks there.
Petty white trash a-holes Vote_lcap17%Petty white trash a-holes Vote_rcap
 17% [ 3 ]
There should be an ordinance protecting your spot.
Petty white trash a-holes Vote_lcap39%Petty white trash a-holes Vote_rcap
 39% [ 7 ]
No, its' a public street.
Petty white trash a-holes Vote_lcap33%Petty white trash a-holes Vote_rcap
 33% [ 6 ]
No, you shouldn't have shoveled at all.
Petty white trash a-holes Vote_lcap11%Petty white trash a-holes Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage

Petty white trash a-holes Empty
PostSubject: Petty white trash a-holes   Petty white trash a-holes Empty1/24/2009, 2:43 pm

ARRRGH Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
So I move my truck this morning to in front of a house slated for demo to an area that has been plowed. If the plows were to come through whilst I was running errands my side of the street was clear for about 1/3 the block.
So what is sitting in front of my house when I get home? The piece of crap truck my "neighbors" from across the street havent' moved in 6 fracking weeks.
I'm so pissed right now.
I hate a-holes.
I'm done shoveling, my vehicles have 4wd I can get around fine without shoveling out the parking spot
Back to top Go down
WhitingLib

WhitingLib

PostSubject: Re: Petty white trash a-holes   Petty white trash a-holes Empty1/24/2009, 3:56 pm

I'm pretty lucky where I live, there is not a lot of on street parking, so we don't have a problem.
A friend of mine that lives in Robertsdale has the very same problem as you do. Inconsiderate jack asses that never shovel out their own spot, but have no problem parking in everyone elses. They have about 6 cars and 2 of them are junk that never run.
You could always resort to putting the old lawn chair out there to save your spot Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Petty white trash a-holes   Petty white trash a-holes Empty1/24/2009, 4:37 pm

I would, but I was thinking that the plows might come by while I was gone.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Petty white trash a-holes   Petty white trash a-holes Empty1/24/2009, 5:56 pm

Where the hell is code enforcement in Hammond? Even with all the snow we got here in Lake Station the code enforcement officer still tagged my neighbors pos truck was sitting there for weeks. Sorry but you deserve more out of your city.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Petty white trash a-holes   Petty white trash a-holes Empty1/24/2009, 6:35 pm

The woodmar crime watch thread was transformed into a discussion about that, Paul.
My normal habit when it snows is to watch for the plow to go up the other side of the street. When it does I move my vehicles (My wifes truck, my car and my work truck) to the plowed area in front of a boarded up house. When the plow gets my side, I move them back.
This week, after the lake effect snow, my back has been giving me trouble so I didn't get out to move my cars. Thursday the HPD came down the block and tagged vehicle that hadn't been moved since the snow. My car was tagged and I have no complaint about it. Likewise the previously mentioned truck across the street was tagged. So I shoveled out my car, and have used it several times.
The "neighbor" hasn't shoveled yet. not even the sidewalk (Isn't that code as well?)
The rest of story is as above.
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: Petty white trash a-holes   Petty white trash a-holes Empty1/24/2009, 9:53 pm

Bill obviously you are frustrated and from what I can read I dont blame you. In situations like this if you call and describe the scenario to the secretaries they will pass it along to the foreman who should get the opportunity to plow the street once they are caught up with their routes. A kind voice and a little patience will usually get whatever cooperation you need. If at any time you are not satisfied call and ask for the foreman of your area to call you. This will usually clarify then entire situation.

Code enforcement will cite for unregistered or junk vehicles that are not moved regularly or vehicles that are parked in yards. Plowing situations are enforced by the HPD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Petty white trash a-holes   Petty white trash a-holes Empty1/25/2009, 9:46 am

Personally I have always despised the practice of placing chairs to mark territory. At mom's the neighbors take up all the parking even on a non-snowday just to leave the spots in front of their own homes open for visitors. Mad

If memory serves I believe there was once a policy of the city of closing one side of the street to parking to allow the plows to clear the street, then the next day do the other side. Any cars let on the wrong side would get towed. The downside of that is it takes 2 days and also doubles the parking problems within those 2 days. Probably why they don't do that now. Smile

I think maybe a better solution to "chair wars" is if you're lucky enough to have the block come together, break out them snowblowers, and everybody clear as much as they can as soon as they can. Of course that seldom happens.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: Petty white trash a-holes   Petty white trash a-holes Empty1/25/2009, 6:56 pm

nah mirage. thats what plows are for.

people seem to not comprehend....the plows move in straight lines. if you (or your nieghbor) shovels snow from your drive, or from a spot in front of your house into the street. it winds up along the curb about 4 feet further down the street. quite often right on these chairs, or in your neighbors (or your) driveway.

this is why folks with snow blowers, or shovels or whatever, should be discouraged from ever putting snow in the street.

as for alternate side parking, sadly it is impossible in most of the city nowadays. far too many rental cut ups mean far too many cars on the street to fit on one side of most roads. besides that the old traditional one or maybe two car households have become three and four car households nowadays...which also adds to street parking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Petty white trash a-holes   Petty white trash a-holes Empty1/26/2009, 10:41 am

When I lived in San Diego and rented a house that had no driveway, I had to park on the street, but I only had 1 spot on the street, and that was in fromt of my address hat was painted on the curb.

When I moved in, I had to get a sticker from the subdivision office that stated that was my spot, and if anyone else parked in that spot, I could call and have them towed.

I don;t see why Hammond couldn't say every house has 1 spot in front of the house and the rest is open season
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: Petty white trash a-holes   Petty white trash a-holes Empty1/26/2009, 3:00 pm

city began towing stickered cars today. dont know the exact figure but it sounded like a lot on my radio. i believe those not towed today are scheduled for tomarrow. however the minor snowstorm could give them a reprieve till wednesday.
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: Petty white trash a-holes   Petty white trash a-holes Empty1/26/2009, 8:49 pm

mike3775 wrote:
When I lived in San Diego and rented a house that had no driveway, I had to park on the street, but I only had 1 spot on the street, and that was in fromt of my address hat was painted on the curb.

When I moved in, I had to get a sticker from the subdivision office that stated that was my spot, and if anyone else parked in that spot, I could call and have them towed.

I don;t see why Hammond couldn't say every house has 1 spot in front of the house and the rest is open season

How is the city to know who is allowed to park there if you dont want the city to ask for identification?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Petty white trash a-holes   Petty white trash a-holes Empty1/26/2009, 9:40 pm

voter3 wrote:
mike3775 wrote:

How is the city to know who is allowed to park there if you dont want the city to ask for identification?!

A bill from Nipsco, Verizon, Comcast is more than enough to certify that you live at that residence voter.

the city does not need a social security number.
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: Petty white trash a-holes   Petty white trash a-holes Empty1/27/2009, 6:57 am

Where did you get the idea that the city is asking for ANYONES social security number?

please answer this question because I can not find any wording to that effect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Petty white trash a-holes   Petty white trash a-holes Empty1/27/2009, 1:52 pm

You were referring to another thread with your last post to me Voter.

And in that thread, I was saying the city does not need my social security number to prove residency, because someone else stated that you need to provide it for jobs, which I said you can put the social down, but do not need to give them a copy of the card either
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Petty white trash a-holes   Petty white trash a-holes Empty1/27/2009, 3:01 pm

mike3775 wrote:
You were referring to another thread with your last post to me Voter.

And in that thread, I was saying the city does not need my social security number to prove residency, because someone else stated that you need to provide it for jobs, which I said you can put the social down, but do not need to give them a copy of the card either
Mike,this is what you said. You clearly stated the city should not require tenants names and addresses.
Mike3775 wrote:
When i lived in an apartment complex, my name and address was not registered with the city I lived in.

I can understand wanting to register rentals, but I see no reason why the tenants info should be registered

What happens if the tenants phone is disconnected? Would that fall to me to fix as a landlord?
Then, in this thread you talk about the city reserving parking spots for residents. Voter rightly called you on it, because it's pretty hard to set aside parking spots if the city doesn't even know who lives in an apartment. If all of the people that Voter has to deal with think like you, Voter has a very difficult job.
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: Petty white trash a-holes   Petty white trash a-holes Empty1/27/2009, 4:44 pm

You clearly state that the city does not need a social security number and I asked you where you got that idea from. The topic or thread doesnt make a difference they all relate in this case. The city does not ask for a social security number for rental registration and if they ever assigned a parking spot for anyone I highly doubt they would ask for a SSN.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: Petty white trash a-holes   Petty white trash a-holes Empty1/28/2009, 4:23 am

a simple name and phone number is all the city is requesting. they arent threatening any punishment to anyone if the numbers become out of date or whatever.

say there is a chem leak in an area or a required evacuation for some other reason (remember last years evacuation of schlieker?). home owners can be called via reverse 911 amd warmed. with this day and age of cable phone companies and cell phones as main household lines (with no set prefixes) reverse 911 will not work for many rentals.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Petty white trash a-holes   Petty white trash a-holes Empty1/29/2009, 6:40 pm

I noticed two parked vehicles with snow up their butts, buried in snow with red tickets...now, if I'm using a vehicle on a normal basis, it wouldn't be sitting on Columbia Avenue with license plates obscured. It would havebeen dug out and used and removed for normal transit. Otherwise, it's a obstacle, and should be sold, removed, or gotten rid of.

I also noticed a red sticker on a car, a block away from Calumet Avenue. with snow half way up up. It wasn't a car, it was a van. Tell me they need a reason to park junks to keep the street from being cleaned, and tell me the reason why those vehicles were not removed?

There is no reason for a junk car to sit on a side street, and expect the plows to dance around during this uexpected episode of tremendous snow. If your junk isn't working, get rid of it. I hope the city of Hammond just takes the junk cars and get some reimbursement from those lazy a-holes.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Petty white trash a-holes   Petty white trash a-holes Empty1/29/2009, 7:15 pm

UrRight wrote:
I noticed two parked vehicles with snow up their butts, buried in snow with red tickets...now, if I'm using a vehicle on a normal basis, it wouldn't be sitting on Columbia Avenue with license plates obscured. It would havebeen dug out and used and removed for normal transit. Otherwise, it's a obstacle, and should be sold, removed, or gotten rid of.

I also noticed a red sticker on a car, a block away from Calumet Avenue. with snow half way up up. It wasn't a car, it was a van. Tell me they need a reason to park junks to keep the street from being cleaned, and tell me the reason why those vehicles were not removed?

There is no reason for a junk car to sit on a side street, and expect the plows to dance around during this uexpected episode of tremendous snow. If your junk isn't working, get rid of it. I hope the city of Hammond just takes the junk cars and get some reimbursement from those lazy a-holes.
Hammond contracts out the towing. The tow companies don't make much from junks because they can't be sold to the junk yard until they can receive a title from the state. In the meantime, they have to store the junker.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Petty white trash a-holes   Petty white trash a-holes Empty1/29/2009, 9:32 pm

Sparks, if that is the case, then why bother slapping any sticker on them? The city should have some agreement after a certain amount of time, title or not, to throw it in the graveyard.

What else are they to do? Wait for the snow to melt, hope they catch the offender later? Maybe they are junks for a reason, but to obstruct snow removal trucks, obviously, since last fall, why aren't the cops checking out the plates to see if they are even legit? Maybe people let the snow cover the plates for a reason, or something isn't right. It doesn't make sense to red tag a car sitting there all winter. Well, two of them..haven't checked the one on Columbia (that never moved in a year) for a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petty white trash a-holes   Petty white trash a-holes Empty

Back to top Go down

Petty white trash a-holes
Page 1 of 1