Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

White House Starts A War With A TV Station, Oh MY!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
UrRight

White House Starts A War With A TV Station, Oh MY! Empty
PostSubject: White House Starts A War With A TV Station, Oh MY!   White House Starts A War With A TV Station, Oh MY! Empty10/19/2009, 8:47 am

Now the Obambie's administration is dictating how news agencies should put out the "news".

This is as close to "dictatorship" as our country is now becoming. They've got time to start a war with Fox news because they are afraid of the facts? Getting vetted over the air, where they can't chose the questions themselves? Starting to feel like a Communist country. Only select news agencies, with selected news, brought to you by no one other than the likes of Louis Farrakhan, combined with Castro. Oh, throw that North Korean Dictator in with the mix. This is sick.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/18/white-house-escalates-war-fox-news-1925819282/

(Excerpt)
"Other news organizations like yours ought not to treat them that way," Axelrod counseled ABC's George Stephanopoulos. "We're not going to treat them that way."

By urging other news outlets to side with the administration, Obama aides officials dramatically upped the ante in the war of words that began earlier this month, when White House communications director Anita Dunn branded Fox "opinion journalism masquerading as news."

On Sunday, Fox's Chris Wallace retorted: "We wanted to ask Dunn about her criticism, but, as they've done every week since August, the White House refused to make any administration officials available to 'FOX News Sunday' to talk about this or anything else."

The White House stopped providing guests to 'Fox News Sunday' after Wallace fact-checked controversial assertions made by Tammy Duckworth, assistant secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs, in August. Dunn said fact-checking an administration official was "something I've never seen a Sunday show do."

"She criticized 'FOX News Sunday' last week for fact-checking -- fact-checking -- an administration official," Wallace said Sunday. "They didn't say that our fact-checking was wrong. They just said that we had dared to fact-check."

"Let's fact-check Anita Dunn, because last Sunday she said that Fox ignores Republican scandals, and she specifically mentioned the scandal involving Nevada senator John Ensign," Wallace added. "A number of Fox News shows have run stories about Senator Ensign. Anita Dunn's facts were just plain wrong."

Fox News senior vice president Michael Clemente said: "Surprisingly, the White House continues to declare war on a news organization instead of focusing on the critical issues that Americans are concerned about like jobs, health care and two wars. The door remains open and we welcome a discussion about the facts behind the issues."

Observers on both sides of the political aisle questioned the White House's decision to continue waging war on a news organization, saying the move carried significant political risks.

Democratic strategist Donna Brazile said on CNN: "I don't always agree with the White House. And on this one here I would disagree."

David Gergen, who has worked for Democratic and Republican presidents, said: "I totally agree with Donna Brazile." Gergen added that White House officials have "gotten themselves into a fight they don't necessarily want to be in. I don't think it's in their best interest."

"The faster they can get this behind them, the more they can treat Fox like one other organization, the easier they can get back to governing, and then put some people out on Fox," Gergen said on CNN. "I mean, for goodness sakes -- you know, you engage in the debate.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: White House Starts A War With A TV Station, Oh MY!   White House Starts A War With A TV Station, Oh MY! Empty10/19/2009, 10:01 am

Think this is a coincidence? Kudos to the Obama administration for telling like it is. Fox news is nothing more than a house organ for the Republicans...

Dick Cheney's Suite Demands
Quote :

And, of course, all the televisions need to be preset to the Fox News Channel
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: White House Starts A War With A TV Station, Oh MY!   White House Starts A War With A TV Station, Oh MY! Empty10/20/2009, 10:11 am

UrRight wrote:
They've got time to start a war with Fox news because they are afraid of the facts?

Right. And that's why so many Fox viewers believe Iraq was involved in 9/11, birther nonsense, death panels... Because of "the facts"...

Sleep

Raise your standards.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: White House Starts A War With A TV Station, Oh MY!   White House Starts A War With A TV Station, Oh MY! Empty10/20/2009, 3:59 pm

Here's a timely piece from today that illustrates well just how many times Fox News gets it wrong. There are over 20 examples for just October alone and we still have 11 days to go........

Does the WashPost's Ruth Marcus even watch Fox News?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White House Starts A War With A TV Station, Oh MY!   White House Starts A War With A TV Station, Oh MY! Empty

Back to top Go down

White House Starts A War With A TV Station, Oh MY!
Page 1 of 1