Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request Empty
PostSubject: Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request   Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request Empty4/17/2009, 8:17 am

Let's see, what is Obama's middle name again? And he's NOT a Muslim? I'm not buyin' it!
Quote :
MANASSAS, Va. (Cardinal Newman Society) - Before President Barack Obama spoke on Tuesday, April 14, at Georgetown University, the White House asked that all signs and symbols be covered up at the Gaston Hall venue, CNSNews.com reports. In compliance with the request, the university covered over the monogram “IHS,” an ancient Christian symbol of the name of Jesus Christ.

“It is such a sad commentary that Catholic universities are willingly hiding the most visible signs of their Catholic identity when hosting secular leaders,” said Patrick Reilly, president of The Cardinal Newman Society. “What’s next, will Notre Dame cover images of Jesus and Mary and ban rosaries when they honor President Obama next month?”

The CNSNews.com story notes that Julie Green Bataille, associate vice president for communications at Georgetown, said, “In coordinating the logistical arrangements for yesterday’s event, Georgetown honored the White House staff’s request to cover all of the Georgetown University signage and symbols behind Gaston Hall stage.”

“The White House wanted a simple backdrop of flags and pipe and drape for the speech, consistent with what they’ve done for other policy speeches,” continued Bataille. “Frankly, the pipe and drape wasn’t high enough by itself to fully cover the IHS and cross above the GU seal and it seemed most respectful to have them covered so as not to be seen out of context.”

This is not the first controversy surrounding religious imagery at Georgetown recently. A prominent statue of Our Lady of Fatima was desecrated twice in less than a month at the university earlier this year. When the first desecration of the statue occurred, a group of concerned students organized a 24-hour prayer vigil in response, but students complained to The Cardinal Newman Society that the Georgetown administration’s response was tepid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request   Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request Empty4/17/2009, 8:28 am

They are sell-outs. Catholic in name only.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request   Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request Empty4/17/2009, 8:40 am

The White House denied that there was any effort to specifically cover up religious imagery or symbols and noted that on the wall directly behind the president there are two religious paintings and there is other imagery throughout the hall.

"Decisions made about the backdrop for the speech were made to have a consistent background of American flags, which is standard for many presidential events. Any suggestions to the contrary are simply false,” White House spokesman Shin Inouye told ABC News.

Georgetown officials said that the White House requested the backdrop and asked that all signs and symbols behind the stage be covered up.
Quote :

“In coordinating the logistical arrangements for the event, Georgetown honored the White House staff's request to cover all of the Georgetown University signage and symbols behind the Gaston Hall stage in order to accommodate a backdrop of American flags, consistent with other policy speeches,” said Julie Green Bataille, associate vice president for communications at Georgetown.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/04/wh-no-religious.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request   Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request Empty4/17/2009, 9:03 am

Artie60438 wrote:
The White House denied that there was any effort to specifically cover up religious imagery or symbols and noted that on the wall directly behind the president there are two religious paintings and there is other imagery throughout the hall.

"Decisions made about the backdrop for the speech were made to have a consistent background of American flags, which is standard for many presidential events. Any suggestions to the contrary are simply false,” White House spokesman Shin Inouye told ABC News.

Georgetown officials said that the White House requested the backdrop and asked that all signs and symbols behind the stage be covered up.
Quote :

“In coordinating the logistical arrangements for the event, Georgetown honored the White House staff's request to cover all of the Georgetown University signage and symbols behind the Gaston Hall stage in order to accommodate a backdrop of American flags, consistent with other policy speeches,” said Julie Green Bataille, associate vice president for communications at Georgetown.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/04/wh-no-religious.html
And you believe the White House? You are in worse shape than I thought!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request   Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request Empty4/17/2009, 9:08 am

LoisLane wrote:

Says you who posted this less than an hour ago...

Quote :
Let's see, what is Obama's middle name again? And he's NOT a Muslim? I'm not buyin' it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request   Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request Empty4/17/2009, 12:14 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

Quote :
and your point is???
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request   Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request Empty4/17/2009, 12:33 pm

So Lois, if my middle name is Sean, that would by your brilliant, highly intelligent, reasoning & logic make make me Irish Catholic, yes?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request   Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request Empty4/17/2009, 12:55 pm

edge540 wrote:
So Lois, if my middle name is Sean, that would by your brilliant, highly intelligent, reasoning & logic make make me Irish Catholic, yes?
So if your middle name is Sean, and I asked you if you were an Irish Catholic, would you tell the truth or would you lie about it? And why would your Messiah have Jesus' name covered up? Why doesn't the guy just admit he's a Muslim? Why lie about it?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request   Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request Empty4/17/2009, 12:59 pm

LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

Quote :
and your point is???

That continuing to cling to fringe right-wing conspiracy theories that have never come even remotely close to being proven,weakens your credibility.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request   Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request Empty4/17/2009, 1:41 pm

So much for freedom of speech...

...only if it agrees with the Obama's ideology... Rolling Eyes

Oh wait- I get it- he doesn't want to compete with the mere thought that Christ is the real Messiah.. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request   Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request Empty4/17/2009, 1:51 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

Quote :
and your point is???

That continuing to cling to fringe right-wing conspiracy theories that have never come even remotely close to being proven,weakens your credibility.
This guy shows his true colors as every week passes. How are his popularity polls doing this week? Are they just as stellar as they were a month ago? How's that dog of his doing? Any more Easter Rolls in the dog poop? Just curious, I've been away from a T.V. all morning, and I like to keep up.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request   Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request Empty4/17/2009, 2:16 pm

LoisLane wrote:

This guy shows his true colors as every week passes. How are his popularity polls doing this week? Are they just as stellar as they were a month ago? How's that dog of his doing? Any more Easter Rolls in the dog poop? Just curious, I've been away from a T.V. all morning, and I like to keep up.

Gallup has him at 62% I'm not sure about Bo's but I'd venture to guess they're higher than Barney's. Very Happy
Obama Averages 63% Approval in His First Quarter Highest first-quarter average since 1977
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request   Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request Empty4/17/2009, 2:47 pm

Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request MuslimObamaImage2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request   Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request Empty4/17/2009, 3:28 pm

Ohhmama wrote:

Oh wait- I get it- he doesn't want to compete with the mere thought that Christ is the real Messiah.. Wink

Freedom of speech is only for the obamaniacs. All others are to keep their mouths shut, or suffer the consequences that go with being labeled terrorists.

Christ is the Messiah. Obama is the false messiah.

Last edited by Tiger1 on 4/17/2009, 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request   Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request Empty4/17/2009, 3:29 pm

LoisLane wrote:
Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request MuslimObamaImage2

Yeah, well if the Obama is representative for America, it already has...

Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request Obama_Bow_Saudi_Animated2
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request   Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request Empty4/17/2009, 4:13 pm

Tiger1 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

Freedom of speech is only for the obamaniacs. All others are to keep their mouths shut, or suffer the consequences that go with being labeled terrorists.

Christ is the Messiah. Obama is the false messiah.

I don't recall Georgetown being forced to allow Obama to speak at their university. So where does the loss of freedom of speech play into this? Clearly, Georgetown has the ability to exercise their freedom of speech and tell Obama no.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request   Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request Empty4/17/2009, 5:29 pm

As well they should have instead of fulfilling the moroinic request- however I'm sure Georgetown would have caught holy-hell for not doing what the O'mighty requested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request   Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request Empty

Back to top Go down

Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: