Let Freedom Reign!


 
HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Free speech and the Trump Administration

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1925

PostSubject: Free speech and the Trump Administration   12/24/2017, 3:56 pm

Let me begin by borrowing a snippet of one of Jack's posts...

Quote :
“Shutting down free speech is the (epitome) of fascism,” one person wrote on Facebook. “This is America.”

From the Washington Post...

Quote :
In a 90-minute briefing on Thursday, policy analysts at the nation's leading public health institute were presented with the menu of seven banned words, an analyst told the paper. On the list: "diversity," "fetus," "transgender," "vulnerable," "entitlement," "science-based" and "evidence-based."

Alternative word choices reportedly were presented in some cases. For instance, in lieu of "evidence-based" or "science-based," an analyst might say, "CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes," the source said. But those working on the Zika virus's effect on developing fetuses may be at a loss for appropriate -- or
acceptable -- words.

Here we have the government dictating to the CDC what words are "politically incorrect." IMHO, that's just fucking Owellian. Do you have any thoughts on this, Jack?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3129

PostSubject: Re: Free speech and the Trump Administration   12/27/2017, 8:46 am

From what I understand of this particular instance, it wasn't a ban issued by the Trump administration but a recommendation from upper management within the CDC instructing staff to avoid those words in their budget proposals in order to save them from this administration's war on science.

It's still awful, but not quite as originally reported.  There are other examples of censorship, though. And his attacks on the press should be of particular concern to any professed Constitution lover.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9440

PostSubject: Re: Free speech and the Trump Administration   1/3/2018, 10:52 pm

Trump Lawyer Sends Cease and Desist Letter to Bannon After Disparaging Comments in New Book
Ooohhh...a scary "cease & Desist" letter. affraid I'll bet Bannon is shaking in his boots. Very Happy
--------------------------
Then there's this...
White House Bans Personal Cell Phones
Quote :
White House staffers have been told they can no longer use personal cell phones anymore, according to the New York Times.

Axios: “Leaks were likely a motivating factor, particularly as the announcement comes after today’s chaos over a forthcoming book.”
So now what? They all run around with burner phones? lol!

Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6101

PostSubject: Re: Free speech and the Trump Administration   1/4/2018, 9:50 am



Here's a couple things you have yet to address.



happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
   
While that's true,can you point to any instances where I've denigrated those three groups? You,OTOH,have do it on a regular basis.



Specific examples of this "regular basis", please.



Ignorant Trump worshiper wrote:
 



Specific examples of my alleged "Trump worship", please.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9440

PostSubject: Re: Free speech and the Trump Administration   1/4/2018, 10:01 am

Ignorant Trump worshiper wrote:


Ignorant Trump worshiper wrote:
 




Specific examples of my alleged "Trump worship", please.[/b][/b]
Please ignore the dumb as a box of rocks Trump worshiper's attempt to derail threads now that it is apparent the wheels are coming off the bus for his hero Trump.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6101

PostSubject: Re: Free speech and the Trump Administration   1/4/2018, 10:05 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Ignorant Trump worshiper wrote:


Ignorant Trump worshiper wrote:
 




Specific examples of my alleged "Trump worship", please.[/b]
Please ignore the dumb as a box of rocks Trump worshiper's attempt to derail threads now that it is apparent the wheels are coming off the bus for his hero Trump.



Here's a couple things you have yet to address.


happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
   
While that's true,can you point to any instances where I've denigrated those three groups? You,OTOH,have do it on a regular basis.



Specific examples of this "regular basis", please.



Ignorant Trump worshiper wrote:
 



Specific examples of my alleged "Trump worship", please.



You may either substantiate your claims, or let your lies hang out there for all to see.
Makes no difference to me.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9440

PostSubject: Re: Free speech and the Trump Administration   1/4/2018, 6:19 pm

Bombshell Trump Book Release Date Moved Up: 'Thank You, Mr. President'
Quote :
Amid a string of fierce rebukes from the White House and President Donald Trump, the publisher of Michael Wolff’s bombshell book, “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House,” has decided to allow several retailers to begin selling the book a few days early on Friday.

A spokesperson for Henry Holt told CNN on Thursday the release date has been moved up: “Due to unprecedented demand, we are moving the on-sale date for all formats of 'Fire and Fury,' by Michael Wolff, to Friday, January 5, at 9 a.m. ET, from the current on-sale date of Tuesday, January 9.”

After the announcement that the book would be released early, the author took to Twitter to take a subtle jab at the president: “Here we go. You can buy it (and read it) tomorrow. Thank you, Mr. President.”
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6101

PostSubject: Re: Free speech and the Trump Administration   1/4/2018, 6:49 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Bombshell Trump Book Release Date Moved Up: 'Thank You, Mr. President'
Quote :
Amid a string of fierce rebukes from the White House and President Donald Trump, the publisher of Michael Wolff’s bombshell book, “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House,” has decided to allow several retailers to begin selling the book a few days early on Friday.

A spokesperson for Henry Holt told CNN on Thursday the release date has been moved up: “Due to unprecedented demand, we are moving the on-sale date for all formats of 'Fire and Fury,' by Michael Wolff, to Friday, January 5, at 9 a.m. ET, from the current on-sale date of Tuesday, January 9.”

After the announcement that the book would be released early, the author took to Twitter to take a subtle jab at the president: “Here we go. You can buy it (and read it) tomorrow. Thank you, Mr. President.”


happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Ignorant Trump worshiper wrote:


Ignorant Trump worshiper wrote:
 




Specific examples of my alleged "Trump worship", please.[/b]
Please ignore the dumb as a box of rocks Trump worshiper's attempt to derail threads now that it is apparent the wheels are coming off the bus for his hero Trump.



Here's a couple things you have yet to address.


happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
   
While that's true,can you point to any instances where I've denigrated those three groups? You,OTOH,have do it on a regular basis.



Specific examples of this "regular basis", please.



Ignorant Trump worshiper wrote:
 



Specific examples of my alleged "Trump worship", please.



You may either substantiate your claims, or let your lies hang out there for all to see.
Makes no difference to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Free speech and the Trump Administration   

Back to top Go down
 
Free speech and the Trump Administration
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: