Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Donald Sterling scandal

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
edge540

edge540

Donald Sterling scandal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling scandal   Donald Sterling scandal - Page 5 Empty5/28/2014, 11:11 am

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

Just curious jack, if you were an NBA owner would you vote to oust Sterling or not?

No, I would not vote to oust him.

So you think having a blatant racist owner in the NBA is good for your business?

You voting not to oust Sterling would be good for your business?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling scandal   Donald Sterling scandal - Page 5 Empty5/28/2014, 11:41 am

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

Just curious jack, if you were an NBA owner would you vote to oust Sterling or not?

So you think having a blatant racist owner in the NBA is good for your business?

If the league's business were to be hurt at all, I don't think it would be more than a little bump in the road, given the attention span of the general public.
Would you vote to oust?
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling scandal   Donald Sterling scandal - Page 5 Empty5/28/2014, 12:03 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

If the league's business were to be hurt at all, I don't think it would be more than a little bump in the road, given the attention span of the general public.
Would you vote to oust?

Yes I would.
The notion that it would be "more than a little bump in the road" is laughable, delusional and absurd.

Like Scorpion said:
Quote :
Why do you think that the other owners are coming down so hard on Sterling?  It's because if they tolerate his behavior, it will cost them money.  He's managed to alienate a whole lot of sports fans, and the other owners aren't going to alienate their fans by sitting on their hands and doing nothing about it.

Last edited by edge540 on 5/28/2014, 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling scandal   Donald Sterling scandal - Page 5 Empty5/28/2014, 12:20 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
   .... many of these athletes pay child support and take care of them.

Take care of them?
By leaving them to be raised by a single mother?
That's called 'abandonment'.
Says the pro-life phony who would deny a women's right to choose and votes for a political party that cuts funding for the programs that are created to help single mothers.
Lazy troll wrote:
(By the way - which athletes pay child support and take care of the children?)
There's this thing called 'google'. I suggest you use it.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling scandal   Donald Sterling scandal - Page 5 Empty5/28/2014, 12:29 pm

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Would you vote to oust?

Yes I would.
The notion that it would be "more than a little bump in the road" is laughable, delusional and absurd.
What a freakin moron. It's obvious he doesn't have a clue as to how to run a successful business. Rule #1 for businesses. Don't alienate your fans and customers. I wonder when he's going to wake up and figure out that people won't tolerate racism.

Like Scorpion said:
Quote :
Why do you think that the other owners are coming down so hard on Sterling?  It's because if they tolerate his behavior, it will cost them money.  He's managed to alienate a whole lot of sports fans, and the other owners aren't going to alienate their fans by sitting on their hands and doing nothing about it.
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling scandal   Donald Sterling scandal - Page 5 Empty5/28/2014, 12:37 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

FYI,I associated with many of the owners and front men for these clubs when they were located on Rush St back in the 70's. I never,ever,paid for drinks. Instead I was treated with the utmost respect due to connections I had with certain people. I got to know and hooked up regularly with several of the girls that worked at these places. I liked going there and enjoyed watching the girls pick the suckers (small town bumpkins like yourself) clean.
Those were the days Cool
And every one of us on this forum believes you.
Wholeheartedly.
Yes, we all do.
Really.
I wouldn't expect a dweeb like yourself with a small town mentality to understand or comprehend.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling scandal   Donald Sterling scandal - Page 5 Empty5/28/2014, 12:58 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
I wonder when he's going to wake up and figure out that people won't tolerate racism.

It's pretty obvious some people do and have no problem with it.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling scandal   Donald Sterling scandal - Page 5 Empty5/29/2014, 9:45 am

edge540 wrote:

Like Scorpion said:
Quote :

Artie60438 wrote:

Like Scorpion said:
Quote :

Oh, Scorpion said so.
That's very different.
Well, then - I guess the debate is over.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling scandal   Donald Sterling scandal - Page 5 Empty5/29/2014, 10:02 am

Artie60438 wrote:

I got to know and hooked up regularly with several of the girls that worked at these places.

Of course you did …. and some of them are still snickering.

Artie60438 wrote:

I wouldn't expect a dweeb like yourself with a small town mentality to understand or comprehend.

Ah, yes, my small town mentality.
I can see why someone from the grand metropolis of Lansing would look down on us little-city folk.
I haven’t been through Lansing for some time. Tell me – is rush hour still a nightmare, or have they finally gotten around to getting that stop sign installed?

Dishonest Eunuch60438 wrote:

Lazy troll wrote:

I feel no obligation to use Google to back up your claims. So, unless and until you show me otherwise, I’ll have to presume that you are once again making things up.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling scandal   Donald Sterling scandal - Page 5 Empty5/29/2014, 5:14 pm

happy jack wrote:

I
Artie60438 wrote:

Ah, yes, my small town mentality.
I can see why someone from the grand metropolis of Lansing would look down on us little-city folk.
I haven’t been through Lansing for some time. Tell me – is rush hour still a nightmare, or have they finally gotten around to getting that stop sign installed?
FYI,I was born in Chicago and lived my whole life there, except for a few years in Las Vegas.

I've only lived in Lansing for about 8 or 9 years. The thing that amazed me most when I moved here was how many really,really,stupid people there are in the "region" and the mentality that goes along with it. You sir clown ,certainly play a major part in that equation.

Dishonest Eunuch60438 wrote:

Lazy troll wrote:

I feel no obligation to use Google to back up your claims. So, unless and until you show me otherwise, I’ll have to presume that you are once again making things up.
Oh no! affraid In order to avoid admitting that he's dead wrong,A lazy troll claims he doesn't believe me. Shocked How will I ever go on in life?
Donald Sterling scandal - Page 5 Rofl
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling scandal   Donald Sterling scandal - Page 5 Empty5/29/2014, 7:40 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

Like Scorpion said:
Quote :

Artie60438 wrote:

Like Scorpion said:
Quote :

Oh, Scorpion said so.
That's very different.

You did read what I said, right?
"The notion that it would be "more than a little bump in the road" is laughable, delusional and absurd."

I noticed you didn't try to refute either one of us.

Quote :
Well, then - I guess the debate is over.

Yeah I guess so, when YOU have squat, that's it.

BTW, Mr Sterling appreciates your support.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling scandal   Donald Sterling scandal - Page 5 Empty5/30/2014, 8:57 am

edge540 wrote:

When I have squat?!?!?
That's funny, considering all you have is nothing more than a vague prediction.

edge540 wrote:

I don't support Sterling. I just feel that it's wrong to crucify someone for what he says in private.

Last edited by happy jack on 5/30/2014, 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling scandal   Donald Sterling scandal - Page 5 Empty5/30/2014, 9:09 am

Artie60438 wrote:

The thing that amazed me most when I moved here was how many really,really,stupid people there are in the "region"….

I can certainly understand why you stayed; people are generally most comfortable among their own kind.
(By the way, you appear to be quite proud of your new home, seeing as how you use your zip code in your signature.)

Artie60438 wrote:

Oh no! :affraid:In order to avoid admitting that he's dead wrong,A lazy troll claims he doesn't believe me. :shock:How will I ever go on in life?

What, exactly, am I “dead wrong” about?
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling scandal   Donald Sterling scandal - Page 5 Empty5/30/2014, 1:24 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

When I have squat?!?!?

Yes as opposed to your hilarious "more than a little bump in the road" which of course to anyboy who has any brain cells and is not disingenuous, knows is ludicrous.

edge540 wrote:

Quote :
I don't support Sterling. I just feel that it's wrong to crucify someone for what he says in private.
OK so you're just sticking up for him and defending Mr Sterling who just happens to be a virulent racist asshole....got it.

But that's fine, the NBA appreciates your support.

Shelly Sterling: Trust agrees to sell Clippers to Steve Ballmer
http://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/la-sp-sn-sterling-trust-clippers-sale-ballmer-20140530-story.html

jack, be sure to send Donald your condolences. Donald Sterling scandal - Page 5 Roflmao
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling scandal   Donald Sterling scandal - Page 5 Empty5/30/2014, 2:11 pm

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

When I have squat?!?!?

Yes as opposed to your hilarious "more than a little bump in the road" which of course to anyboy who has any brain cells and is not disingenuous, knows is ludicrous.
His stupidity and complete failure to understand racism and it's consequences is simply astounding.

Had the NBA looked the other way and not taken action against Sterling the players were prepared to walk off the court. The NBA and it's owners would have lost millions in TV and ticket sales revenue. That is a fact,not a prediction,and certainly not a "bump in the road".
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling scandal   Donald Sterling scandal - Page 5 Empty5/30/2014, 2:20 pm

edge540 wrote:

My prediction is no more nor no less valid than yours.

edge540 wrote:

OK so you're just sticking up for him and defending Mr Sterling who just happens to be a virulent racist asshole....got it.

I’m neither sticking up for him or defending him.

happy jack wrote:

Pay attention.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling scandal   Donald Sterling scandal - Page 5 Empty5/30/2014, 5:56 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

My prediction is no more nor no less valid than yours.

What has actually taken place proves otherwise...and that you're full of shit.

Quote :

Yeah right, LOL.
Quote :
Yes, I do support the NBA in this case. It is well within the realm of its operators to establish their own organizational philosophy and to insist that its members adhere to it.

This was not in private genius.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/donald-sterling-goes-on-the-attack-after-magic-johnson-in-a-bizarre-interview-with-anderson-cooper-013351560.html

Keep spinning  lol! 
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling scandal   Donald Sterling scandal - Page 5 Empty5/31/2014, 12:13 pm

edge540 wrote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/donald-sterling-goes-on-the-attack-after-magic-johnson-in-a-bizarre-interview-with-anderson-cooper-013351560.html

No, that interview was not in private. But that interview is also not what Sterling is being disciplined for. He is being disciplined for his private comments. And even though I don’t feel that someone should be crucified for his private speech, the NBA, as a private entity, does undoubtedly have the right to take action against him.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling scandal   Donald Sterling scandal - Page 5 Empty6/2/2014, 10:31 am

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

No, that interview was not in private. But that interview is also not what Sterling is being disciplined for. He is being disciplined for his private comments. And even though I don’t feel that someone should be crucified for his private speech, the NBA, as a private entity, does undoubtedly have the right to take action against him.

Ah yes, the horror. The old racist asshole is going to be "crucified" and make a two billion dollar profit as a result. Poor man.
What is this world coming to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling scandal   Donald Sterling scandal - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Donald Sterling scandal
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5