Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

wow (warning strong political opinion content)

Go down 
+2
KarenT
the oracle
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
the oracle

the oracle

wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty
PostSubject: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/2/2011, 4:36 pm

the nabobs will have fun with this one.

i saw an amazing amalgamation this morning of general supporters, city dept heads (on there own time) city workers (ditto) at mcdermotte headquarters. about 200 to 250 people in all. some were canvassing precincts. others putting up signs throughout the city. some were building bigger signs. some were making phone calls.

it was amazing. kudos to the folks who organized it. its no wonder the city seems so much more organized then in past decades, but i digress....

the point is those that would believe any hint of the negativity the other side likes to try to throw out there and claim i wide spread...well they just dont know this city very well. ive been in several different areas of the city now on the campaign trail. and while most definately there is a small minority that does not like this mayor. there is clearly a vast majorty...and i mean big like 80% majority, that had nothing but positive things to say. even some of the nabobs seemed to light up as the mayor talked with them on the trail this morning.

now. compare this to the last election cycle. yes we walked a bit...and were mostly well recieved. but the number of people working for the campaign werent close to the number of people working their today. and quite honestly. we didnt do half of the stuff the current campaign is doing.

and no nabobs, dont get your hopes up. the momentum the mayors campaign is feeling now will not lead to us getting lazy on the campaign trail as it did 4 years ago. to the contrary this year, it is simply fueling the drive to continue onward and campaign even harder as primary day grows near.

no a big victory wont silence the nabobs...but thats ok. for the truth is they are the reason so many showed up today to work so hard. so to the preachers, the jcmt's and the tigers and the berts and the mattlaps and the whatever else still posts over there. a heart felt thank you for all the stupid, hate filled angry rhetoric you continue to spew that is fueling our fire.

hey...maybe the solid waste district can use ya all in schnieder for that new plant they're building?
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/2/2011, 9:02 pm

What are nabobs?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/2/2011, 9:56 pm

KarenT wrote:
What are nabobs?
They are like shish-kabobs.
But without the 'shish'.
And with an 'n' instead of a 'k'.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/2/2011, 10:53 pm

look up spiro agnew. incidentally the person using your screen name otob would qualify as one
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/4/2011, 3:07 pm

the oracle wrote:
look up spiro agnew. incidentally the person using your screen name otob would qualify as one

And non of this is important until YOU get involved! Getting your home robbed, driving around with the criminal, willing to give his name, chasing him down an alley getting tazered seven times, refusing the ambulance..I paid my price.

He flucked up my heart, and I will tell you, i will do it all over again. Why, asks the officer.

When you are twenty steps ahead of me...I'll let go.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/4/2011, 3:18 pm

Why did I not fill out a police report? Because I drove with a criminal in my car and approached an officer who told me to call the "prosecutor."

Finger prints taken, confession taken on the day before, only to be told they are "sorry for making me a 'double victim, the family moved out."

No shitz..I told them two weeks prior. It wasn't about what they had stolen, it was the lack of taking my complaint seriously..the crap was gone the serial numbers and address of driving around with the culprit...they "bluffed him", finger prints taken that would take six weeks.

No shitz..I bluffed him two weeks prior...and they gave me the NEWS I already KNEW: the entire family moved out.

Now I chase any idiot wearing a hoodie in alleys, getting tazered or not. Talking back my neighborhood, my house, my stance.

I don't think you will find someone like me ready to chase an idiot at 3 pm putting his HOODIE up in 60 degree weather. But why would an idiot do that while turning down the alley he glances back and pulls up the hoodie?

I am who you want to live in your neighborhood, but I need your help....just freaking call Janet Vanquez. If not for her, I would have been long gone.

I love community, without that you may as well live in Harvey, IL. Dolton or Phoenix, and Cal City.

I refuse to move again.

Last edited by UrRight on 4/4/2011, 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/4/2011, 3:28 pm

Sorry, just got out of the hosital not knowing how seriously the JERK living on the 72nd block of Columbia almost killed me.

I now have to suffer life long sustaining consequenced...the cops were relieved I didn't want to file a report...I told them,, "YOU KNOW WHERE HE LIVES," and I am fine. Ambulance was there, was not gonna leave my son's dog...

Here I am, two weeks (?) can't breathe hardly. He knew exactly where to taze me. I know exactly where he lives and will file a lawsuit against the landlord and his laughing neighbor where he exited from after his own mom through him out.

They both fled, but I know where the guy lives that tazered me seven times. Just got out of the hospital gonna sue the landlord royal.

In case you cops are interested...a white car with IL license plates I blocked...they both escaped.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/4/2011, 3:30 pm

The apartment building off Columbia Avenue before 173rd STREET...I'll take care of it if you can't...give me a week..and a lawsuit.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/4/2011, 3:36 pm

UrRight wrote:

I am who you want to live in your neighborhood,
Don't bet the farm on that.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/4/2011, 3:48 pm

Ain't betting on no money. Report the landlord, let the city take over.

What did you think? Sue dope addicts?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/4/2011, 3:50 pm

Where ya gonna go Happy Jacko with your "Saaglass business"?
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/4/2011, 3:54 pm

I am the person using my screen name on tob. I still don't understand what anabob is supposed to be - I can move the shish kabob letters around, but unless you mean meat on a stick, I'm flummoxed.
Back to top Go down
Robin Banks

Robin Banks

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/4/2011, 4:02 pm

Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/4/2011, 4:24 pm

thanks robin karen my remark above wasnt directed at you. sorry if ya misunderstood that.

anyway ole spirro used it in a phrase back in the 70's. im not dumb enough to quote spirro fully, still, in context the word is an apt adjective for the 'hater's out there.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/4/2011, 4:38 pm

Thanks - learn something new every day!
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/5/2011, 10:42 am

the oracle wrote:
thanks robin karen my remark above wasnt directed at you. sorry if ya misunderstood that.

anyway ole spirro used it in a phrase back in the 70's. im not dumb enough to quote spirro fully, still, in context the word is an apt adjective for the 'hater's out there.
Did you even read the definition Robin posted?
Nothing about haters that I could see.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/5/2011, 10:46 am

KarenT wrote:
I still don't understand what anabob is supposed to be - I can move the shish kabob letters around, but unless you mean meat on a stick, I'm flummoxed.
KarenT wrote:
Thanks - learn something new every day!

The 'meat on a stick' definition is much more interesting, not to mention yummy.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/5/2011, 1:57 pm

happy jack wrote:
the oracle wrote:

[bDid you even read the definition Robin posted?
Nothing about haters that I could see.[/b
That's because you simply didn't explore and investigate the term further. Oracle plainly used it in the same context as Spiro Agnew and informed Karen when she inquired about it, . Btw,It fits to a "T".
nattering nabobs of negativism
Quote :
"Nattering nabobs of negativism" is one of the most popular turns of phrase associated with U.S. Vice President Spiro T. Agnew, who served under Richard Nixon until resigning in October 1974, after pleading no contest to charges of tax fraud. Agnew, who had a particularly acrimonious relationship with the press, used this term to refer to the members of the media, whom he also deemed "an effete corps of impudent snobs."

According to the Congressional Record, this term was first used during Agnew's address to the California Republican state convention in San Diego on September 11, 1970. In context, it was used together with another well-known Agnew alliteration: "In the United States today, we have more than our share of the nattering nabobs of negativism. They have formed their own 4-H Club -- the "hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history."

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/5/2011, 3:36 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
the oracle wrote:

[bDid you even read the definition Robin posted?
Nothing about haters that I could see.[/b
That's because you simply didn't explore and investigate the term further. Oracle plainly used it in the same context as Spiro Agnew and informed Karen when she inquired about it, . Btw,It fits to a "T".
nattering nabobs of negativism
Quote :
"Nattering nabobs of negativism" is one of the most popular turns of phrase associated with U.S. Vice President Spiro T. Agnew, who served under Richard Nixon until resigning in October 1974, after pleading no contest to charges of tax fraud. Agnew, who had a particularly acrimonious relationship with the press, used this term to refer to the members of the media, whom he also deemed "an effete corps of impudent snobs."

According to the Congressional Record, this term was first used during Agnew's address to the California Republican state convention in San Diego on September 11, 1970. In context, it was used together with another well-known Agnew alliteration: "In the United States today, we have more than our share of the nattering nabobs of negativism. They have formed their own 4-H Club -- the "hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history."

Still not seeing the 'hate'.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/5/2011, 5:45 pm

ah but the hate is in the obvious motivation that drives them, that the nabobs themselves can not recognize in themselves. thats the whole point and in fact what makes the nabob reference so apt in the first place. lmao
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/5/2011, 6:39 pm

the oracle wrote:
ah but the hate is in the obvious motivation that drives them, that the nabobs themselves can not recognize in themselves. thats the whole point and in fact what makes the nabob reference so apt in the first place. lmao
Exactly. No matter what McDermott announces or brings to Hammond,they are against it.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/5/2011, 9:02 pm

Jack...why do you insist on "HATE"?

Can't we all get along? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/6/2011, 3:52 pm

Someone else brought up hate -not Jack
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/6/2011, 8:38 pm

KarenT wrote:
Someone else brought up hate -not Jack

Too tired to look back. Back in the hospital again...no problem...thanks to Obamie care.

Dad slipped in a coma. Forgive me for even trying to "keep up".

No excuse...just glad he is on Godspeed, now. Sorry I was off-topic.

Haven't kept up with the board(s) except I was right about Prado, according to Mattlapp.

Sorry. Shouldn't have typed anything this week.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty4/6/2011, 8:40 pm

Thanks to all of you for never criticizing me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wow (warning strong political opinion content)   wow (warning strong political opinion content) Empty

Back to top Go down

wow (warning strong political opinion content)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next