Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

dominguez has history of political persuctions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
the oracle

the oracle

dominguez has history of political persuctions Empty
PostSubject: dominguez has history of political persuctions   dominguez has history of political persuctions Empty9/27/2009, 7:14 am

many may remember the mitch king story in which he was eventually convicted of stealing some 9k from the fop. im not arguing the man's guilt or innocence here. but i think its interesting to note that while the sherrif claims he is not political. the defense attorney, prosecutor, and judge in that case all argued other wise and said he in fact is political in open court.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/article_85e39029-a0e6-57fa-b06e-1631a8360d1a.html

Dominguez eventually convinced the county prosecutor's office to charge King in 2007. The FOP then ousted Dominguez as a member of its organization last year over the King issue.

and in this story even the prosecutor admits politics were in play

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/article_ee0484a5-ac00-59c9-9f47-3c12b879edf7.html

Deputy Prosecutor Sabrina Haney told jurors they heard other FOP officials testify King admitted guilt when money was discovered missing from their bank accounts. "This defendant saw his opportunity for easy money, and he took it," she said. "They want to make the sheriff out as the big bad bully. I'm not going to tell you that no politics were in play here, but he is using the excuse of politics to keep out of trouble."

and what did the judge think about the politics involved in this case? http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/article_4c1330de-a7b1-57d0-9cb0-2a603506afbd.html
The judge said, "There is no question in my mind that politics played a part" in the prosecutor's decision to charge King with a crime, and that the prosecutor has the authority to do so but still must meet the burden of proving King stole money.

why is this interesting? because he is trying to make the same 'im not a political animal' claim now.

now having marijuana in the backyard is a major f up. no doubt about it. but everyone charging that woerple and his family are getting special treatment need to wake up and compare this story to what normally happens in these instances.

for one thing the whole family isnt usually subjected to arrest. second the whole family isnt typically dragged through the mud in the local papers. and third the whole family isnt usually used as a pawn in a bitter sherrifs attempt to find some future political standing. and finally a plea agreement isnt typically put on hold until the controversy in the papers dies down...something the times seems intent on never letting happen

more in a bit

Last edited by the oracle on 9/27/2009, 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: dominguez has history of political persuctions   dominguez has history of political persuctions Empty9/27/2009, 7:42 am

ever wonder what happens when the prosecutors daughter gets caught being a strawman for felons to buy guns?

pretty much nothing

http://nwitimes.com/uncategorized/article_a8cddb9a-d67a-51d8-bfdb-166df04c15b7.html

U.S. District Court Judge James T. Moody gave Carter two years of probation and the six months home detention, which is less than the federal guidelines call for

meanwhile the guy she bought them for? he got two years in the clink Cruz, 22, of East Chicago, was sentenced earlier this year to 24 months in federal prison on a conviction of a charge of fraudulent purchase of firearms.

nice to be related to the prosecutor huh? when you screw up you did a stupid thing. meanwhile the guy you screwed up with gets sent up the river. even though together they committed the same crime.

another interesting tidbit. i see know arrest story in the times archives. no columns on the story either. in fact all i can find is three stories right around the time she was about to plead through her sentencing all within a 3 week period. oh...and not one comment to be found anywhere from the local sherrif....hmmmm...

how come woerple has already received more press attention than this story did...throughout the whole story? ill tell you why. because the times has a debt to the prosecutor and sherrifs office and thus always tries to paint them in a positive light.they couldnt do that in 2003. but they definately did minimize thier coverage. and the post trib's editorial editor has a wife who works as one of the sherrifs office administrators secretaries.

and remember this. it wasnt that long ago when a times reporter was strip searched and detained for no reason by a former sherrifs department. the staff at the times above anyone else knows how political, and how intimidating that office can be. for them to treat this story like this, is absolutely unforgiveable.

Last edited by the oracle on 9/27/2009, 7:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: dominguez has history of political persuctions   dominguez has history of political persuctions Empty9/27/2009, 7:48 am

one more thing. the sherrif made an out and out...ill call it mistatement in the first times story about the voice mail. not only does he know exactly who dave woerple is In the story he says he had never heard of him before). i have personally seen him walk acrossed crowded rooms, and search him out on parade routes to greet him by name. and it wasnt that long ago they were both in the hillary motorcade together,

for god sakes i saw them at dinner with roy and philpot (yes they were together and i even wrote about this meeting on the old times message board) on the boat cruz in 2004. and dominguez told me way back then what a great guy he thought 'the mailman' was.

ok local media. ive started you off. now why dont you actually earn your money and get to work on the actual story that is in play here.

ill even give you a hint. kiesling almost got close to stumbling upon it today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dominguez has history of political persuctions   dominguez has history of political persuctions Empty

Back to top Go down

dominguez has history of political persuctions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Indiana/Illinois :: Hammond-
Jump to: