Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'

Go down 
+2
Scorpion
Artie60438
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty
PostSubject: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/2/2009, 11:24 am

Quote :
Alaska Governor Sarah Palin hasn't yet said anything publicly about her 4-day-old grandson, Tripp, but she does want people to know that Tripp's parents – her eldest daughter Bristol and her fiancĂ© Levi Johnston – are hard at work and keeping up with school.

"You need to know that both Levi and Bristol are working their butts off to parent and going to school and working at the same time," Palin told PEOPLE in a phone message Wednesday. "They are certainly not high school dropouts."

The former vice presidential candidate said she wanted to be clear about their continuing work toward high school degrees because any suggestion otherwise "harms Bristol's reputation and Levi's reputation and their chances for good work opportunities."

PEOPLE reported this week that Bristol, 18, who gave birth on Saturday, intends to finish her high school degree through correspondence courses. Levi, also 18, told the AP in October that he had left high school to enroll in an apprenticeship program training him as an electrician.

Gov. Palin told PEOPLE at the time that she hoped Levi would eventually earn a GED, adding, "I respect that Levi is out there working hard."
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20249804,00.html

Good for Palin for sticking up for her daughter. I think its appalling that the media and "haters" keep going after her daughter and her fiance. Like I said somewhere else, if Palin was a democrat this would be a non-issue. Bristol would either be expected to abort the child or go on welfare and if she did either she would be cheered on. It goes to show that even though just because a person is part of a certain party, they and their family aren't perfect but trying to do the best they can like everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/2/2009, 12:33 pm

Quote :
"You need to know that both Levi and Bristol are working their butts off to parent and going to school and working at the same time," Palin told PEOPLE in a phone message Wednesday. "They are certainly not high school dropouts."

PEOPLE reported this week that Bristol, 18, who gave birth on Saturday, intends to finish her high school degree through correspondence courses. Levi, also 18, told the AP in October that he had left high school to enroll in an apprenticeship program training him as an electrician.

Gov. Palin told PEOPLE at the time that she hoped Levi would eventually earn a GED, adding, "I respect that Levi is out there working hard."

I see Caribou Barbie has her facts confused again. How does one leave High School and not be a dropout?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/2/2009, 12:44 pm

And why would you possibly care what he does with his life? He is a private citizen like you; he wasn't the one running for a government position.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/2/2009, 12:53 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
And why would you possibly care what he does with his life? He is a private citizen like you; he wasn't the one running for a government position.

It's no different than when Al Gore's son got arrested for drugs. The wingnuts had a field day with that. The "private citizen" argument went out the window when he showed up for a photo-op with McCain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/2/2009, 2:21 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

It's no different than when Al Gore's son got arrested for drugs. The wingnuts had a field day with that.

So what's good for the goose is good for the gander? Wow, what weak reasoning. All this back and forth between parties is not healthy for our country- why can't people see that?

Artie60438 wrote:
The "private citizen" argument went out the window when he showed up for a photo-op with McCain.

Sooooo, let me get this straight- if you were "lucky" enough to have a photo-op with soon to be Prez Obama, your life is fair game to be opened up and criticized? Gee- lemme know when you'll be on the front page- Wink
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/2/2009, 2:48 pm

[quote="Ohhmama"]
Artie60438 wrote:

Artie60438 wrote:
The "private citizen" argument went out the window when he showed up for a photo-op with McCain.

Sooooo, let me get this straight- if you were "lucky" enough to have a photo-op with soon to be Prez Obama, your life is fair game to be opened up and criticized? Gee- lemme know when you'll be on the front page- Wink

I'm sure he could have met McCain without a gaggle of photographers present. Where's the marriage that Palin said was going to happen? How come that hasn't taken place?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/2/2009, 2:52 pm

You didn't answer my question- would your life be fair game to be opened up to critizism if you had a photo-op with Obama?

Again, a marriage between two private citizens- how does that affect you one way or another if they marry or not?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/2/2009, 2:53 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

It's no different than when Al Gore's son got arrested for drugs. The wingnuts had a field day with that.

Either it's wrong to attack a candidate's family, or it's not. Which is it for you?

Ohhmama wrote:

So what's good for the goose is good for the gander? Wow, what weak reasoning. All this back and forth between parties is not healthy for our country- why can't people see that?

Probably because of statements like this...

Ohhmama wrote:

Like I said somewhere else, if Palin was a democrat this would be a non-issue. Bristol would either be expected to abort the child or go on welfare and if she did either she would be cheered on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/2/2009, 3:04 pm

Scorpion wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

Either it's wrong to attack a candidate's family, or it's not. Which is it for you?

Ohhmama wrote:

Ohhmama wrote:

Like I said somewhere else, if Palin was a democrat this would be a non-issue. Bristol would either be expected to abort the child or go on welfare and if she did either she would be cheered on.

Not.

I guess you got me there Wink .

So you're going to tell me that if this was one of Obama's children who got preggers- the response would be the same from those in the media? The topic would be so off limit no one would dare drag them thru the mud.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/2/2009, 3:19 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

Ohhmama wrote:

Ohhmama wrote:

Not.

I guess you got me there Wink .

So you're going to tell me that if this was one of Obama's children who got preggers- the response would be the same from those in the media? The topic would be so off limit no one would dare drag them thru the mud.

You have got to be joking. (I assume you mean if if one of his daughters was a teenager) Are you actually saying that the media would not have mentioned a unwed black teenage pregnancy during the primaries and general election? C'mon! You don't actually believe that, do you?

In any case, it's all irrelevant to me. I don't really understand why Palin didn't simply refuse to discuss the matter when it first came to light.

Last edited by Scorpion on 1/2/2009, 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/2/2009, 4:16 pm

Scorpion wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

Palin is the type that like to run on the family values message. I think it's fair game to point out that she obviously didn't do too good of a job.

Nice to see you back and posting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/2/2009, 5:15 pm

Palin is the type that like to run on the family values message. I think it's fair game to point out that she obviously didn't do too good of a job.

[/quote]

Then, neither did Gore, or any other parent out there who did their best, and the kids still messed up ! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/2/2009, 5:36 pm

You know, whether or not the daughter is a public figure of a mother who ran for the vice-presidency, the fact remains, she did the right thing, no matter if she was a private individual or the person under her mother's and public's scope. She didn't abort. She fessed up, she held her head high, and so did her mom.

She's subject to public scrutiny, that's a fact. We as American's should respect their privacy. We should also admire Sarah Palin living up to her beliefs...that she had a chance to abort a child that would clearly interfere somewhat as a "normal" family, but she held on to her convictions.

We need to set aside politics and respect this as a private family issue. This problem can happen to anyone, private or public.

Do you really care if she choses not to marry? Maybe at this point in her life, she's decided to do what is best for her, the child, and the father. They are quite young yet, and we need to quit focusing on something that happens everyday, set aside that "oh, looky, looky..."

Let them determine what's best for their future. We only hear what we WANT to hear. None of us have a tap on their phones, or whatever, and who cares? I admire Sarah Palin for speaking her mind, minding her own mind, and keeping her family as first in her life.

This no longer has anything to do with politics. If Bristol wants to run for president someday, then point the fingers, if you think it should inhibit her ability to be a productive member of society, because she had a child at 18.

Shitz happens to the best of us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/2/2009, 5:41 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

Nice to see you back and posting.

All a parent can do is try their best to instill what they think is right for their children's interests. I think what is fair is to point out that she's human and not infallible. I'm willing to bet Palin didn't sit in a corner cheering her daughter on while she was having sex with her boyfriend. She didn't try to hide her pregnant daughter, instead she brought her out for the world to judge. She stood by her daughter and didn't push her into an abortion or to quietly give the child up for adoption to better her political career. She supported and nourished her daughter- I think that speaks highly of her family values.

So since you brought up Al Gore and his son's drug use, is it fair to then say that Al didn't do such a splendor job raising his son and instilling in him that "drugs are bad"? Or would you say that as a free thinking individual Gore's son did drugs on his own? I'm willing to bet Gore didn't sit in a corner cheering his son on while he was smoking the pipe or downing some pills....
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/5/2009, 1:36 pm

Ah yes, the Palin family, the gift that keeps on giving.
Gotta love the name -Tripp...LOL

Quote :
It was just a matter of time before someone came up with this.

As we know and are still trying to understand, Sarah Palin named her children Track, Trig, Bristol, Willow and Piper. I ran track, studied trig, and have been meaning to visit Bristol, England. I've always thought the willow is a fine tree and I've flown in a Piper cub.

With the Sarah Palin Baby Name Generator, anyone can translate their normal name into Palinese.
http://clarkstreetblog.blogspot.com/2008/09/sarah-palin-baby-name-generator.html

Although I still think "Seven" woud've been awesome.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/5/2009, 3:01 pm

edge540 wrote:
Ah yes, the Palin family, the gift that keeps on giving.
Gotta love the name -Tripp...LOL

Quote :
It was just a matter of time before someone came up with this.

As we know and are still trying to understand, Sarah Palin named her children Track, Trig, Bristol, Willow and Piper. I ran track, studied trig, and have been meaning to visit Bristol, England. I've always thought the willow is a fine tree and I've flown in a Piper cub.

With the Sarah Palin Baby Name Generator, anyone can translate their normal name into Palinese.
http://clarkstreetblog.blogspot.com/2008/09/sarah-palin-baby-name-generator.html
Although I still think "Seven" woud've been awesome.
I vote for 'Rasputin'.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/6/2009, 4:55 pm

Yeah,ol Levi is really "working his butt off",isnt he Razz .....

Levi Johnston quits oil field job; Gov. Palin denies she helped him get it
By Wesley Loy / McClatchy Newspapers
Tuesday, January 6, 2009 - Added 7h ago

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Levi Johnston, the boyfriend of Gov. Sarah Palin’s daughter Bristol, has quit his North Slope oil field job over questions about his eligibility to work in an electrical apprenticeship program, Johnston’s father said Monday.

Johnston, 18, began working this fall in the Milne Point oil field with ASRC Energy Services Inc., a major Slope contractor.

In a Sunday newspaper column, Anchorage radio talk show host Dan Fagan questioned how Johnston could take part in ASRC’s apprenticeship program without a high school diploma.

Fagan said he understood federal regulations require all members of apprenticeship programs to have a diploma. He also questioned whether the governor might have had a hand in getting Johnston into the program.

Palin adamantly denied that Monday.

Johnston’s father, Keith Johnston, said the governor had nothing to do with getting Levi the Slope job. Keith Johnston said his own position as an ASRC construction engineer accounts for any help his son received in landing work.

Both Palin and the elder Johnston added that the governor’s husband, Todd Palin, himself a Slope worker for BP, likewise had no involvement with getting Levi the ASRC job.

But due to the media attention surrounding the matter, Johnston said he and his son conferred Monday and Levi decided to resign and concentrate on his education.
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/west/view.bg?articleid=1143441&srvc=rss
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/6/2009, 6:20 pm

I wasn't going to get into this but after seeing one of the comments.I had to say some thing.Just because someone is raised by good parents doesn't mean everything will be perfect.People make mistakes and wrong choices.They are human.So to say because someone's child got pregnant,they weren't a good parent is totally unfair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/6/2009, 7:33 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Yeah,ol Levi is really "working his butt off",isnt he Razz .....

Levi Johnston quits oil field job; Gov. Palin denies she helped him get it
By Wesley Loy / McClatchy Newspapers
Tuesday, January 6, 2009 - Added 7h ago

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Levi Johnston, the boyfriend of Gov. Sarah Palin’s daughter Bristol, has quit his North Slope oil field job over questions about his eligibility to work in an electrical apprenticeship program, Johnston’s father said Monday.

Johnston, 18, began working this fall in the Milne Point oil field with ASRC Energy Services Inc., a major Slope contractor.

In a Sunday newspaper column, Anchorage radio talk show host Dan Fagan questioned how Johnston could take part in ASRC’s apprenticeship program without a high school diploma.

Fagan said he understood federal regulations require all members of apprenticeship programs to have a diploma. He also questioned whether the governor might have had a hand in getting Johnston into the program.

Palin adamantly denied that Monday.

Johnston’s father, Keith Johnston, said the governor had nothing to do with getting Levi the Slope job. Keith Johnston said his own position as an ASRC construction engineer accounts for any help his son received in landing work.

Both Palin and the elder Johnston added that the governor’s husband, Todd Palin, himself a Slope worker for BP, likewise had no involvement with getting Levi the ASRC job.

But due to the media attention surrounding the matter, Johnston said he and his son conferred Monday and Levi decided to resign and concentrate on his education.
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/west/view.bg?articleid=1143441&srvc=rss

Gee, you might want to read the entire article before you post yer comments...
Quote :
...kinda makes you look silly when you don't... :swat:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/6/2009, 8:20 pm

the dems should be hoping palin runs in 2012, i mean geez their man is'nt even in the seat yet
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/6/2009, 9:03 pm

Ohhmama wrote:

Gee, you might want to read the entire article before you post yer comments...
Quote :
...kinda makes you look silly when you don't... :swat:

Nice try,but I'm not the one who looks silly here.....
Quote :

He only resigned after a radio talk show host started asking questions that I presume the Wasilla Hillbillies would rather not answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/6/2009, 9:37 pm

So weren't you complaining that he didn't get his edjumacation and now you're complaining that he is going back?

I mean I'll grant ya that I too wondered how he could get an apprentenceship but I figured that maybe it had to do with some type of program they had up there?

Besides as reported, Palin had nothing to do with him getting the position, his own dad did. Just another schmuck trying to make it in this world... give it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/6/2009, 9:47 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
So weren't you complaining that he didn't get his edjumacation and now you're complaining that he is going back?

I mean I'll grant ya that I too wondered how he could get an apprentenceship but I figured that maybe it had to do with some type of program they had up there?

Besides as reported, Palin had nothing to do with him getting the position, his own dad did. Just another schmuck trying to make it in this world... give it up.

My friend got into the military without a high school diploma and GED. All they did was grant him a waiver.

I also have a friend who took an apprenticeship through the USW without a GED or Diploma. All they told him was that he had x amount of time during it to finish up his schooling
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty1/6/2009, 9:51 pm

mike3775 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

My friend got into the military without a high school diploma and GED. All they did was grant him a waiver.

I also have a friend who took an apprenticeship through the USW without a GED or Diploma. All they told him was that he had x amount of time during it to finish up his schooling

Stuff like that is why I thought maybe he didn't need his diploma.

I mean it could be worse- the kid could be sitting on his arse playing XBox with his buddies. Instead he's either trying to work or now he's going back to school.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty3/11/2009, 9:26 pm

http://neighbors.denverpost.com/viewtopic.php?p=701265

Looks like Sarah Palin will be spending more time helping out with a baby. Looks like the love birds have split up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'   Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent' Empty

Back to top Go down

Sarah Palin: Bristol & Levi 'Working Their Butts Off to Parent'
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next