Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Joe Biden Makes Sarah Palin Look Like a Genius

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Joe Biden Makes Sarah Palin Look Like a Genius Empty
PostSubject: Joe Biden Makes Sarah Palin Look Like a Genius   Joe Biden Makes Sarah Palin Look Like a Genius Empty5/1/2009, 2:53 pm

Vice President Joe Biden's Remarks on Swine Flu Draw Criticism
Airline Industry and Even Democrats Disagree With the VP's Comments

Democrats hustled to temper Vice President Joe Biden's comments today that he would advise his family to avoid flying or being in confined spaces because of concerns about swine flu, a comment that drew criticism from the travel industry.

At a news conference Wednesday evening, President Obama said Americans who may be sick should avoid airplanes and "any system of public transportation where you're confined," but the vice president today took it one step further.

"I would tell members of my family -- and I have -- I wouldn't go anywhere in confined places now. It's not that it's going to Mexico in a confined aircraft where one person sneezes, that goes all the way through the aircraft," Biden said on NBC's "Today" show.

"That's me," he said.

"I would not be, at this point, if they had another way of transportation, suggesting they ride the subway," he said. "From my perspective, this relates to mitigation. If you're out in the middle of the field and someone sneezes, that's one thing. If you're in a closed aircraft, a closed container, a closed car, a closed classroom, that's another thing."

Biden's comments came just hours before the White House announced that a Department of Energy official who had traveled to Mexico City with Secretary Energy Chu exhibited flu-like symptoms upon his return, but tested negative for the swine flu. However, his wife, son and nephew tested positive for the virus, and have now recovered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Biden Makes Sarah Palin Look Like a Genius   Joe Biden Makes Sarah Palin Look Like a Genius Empty5/1/2009, 2:59 pm

I would say this is a rare example of honesty from the dishonest camp.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Biden Makes Sarah Palin Look Like a Genius   Joe Biden Makes Sarah Palin Look Like a Genius Empty5/1/2009, 3:03 pm

What was really funny was when the White House press secretary stood in front of the press corps and actually said, "what the vice president meant to say. . .", and the entire room laughed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Biden Makes Sarah Palin Look Like a Genius   Joe Biden Makes Sarah Palin Look Like a Genius Empty5/1/2009, 3:08 pm

Funny how when they "misspeak" it's always well what he meant was...

no- sorry, he said it, own it.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Joe Biden Makes Sarah Palin Look Like a Genius   Joe Biden Makes Sarah Palin Look Like a Genius Empty5/1/2009, 3:57 pm

Quote :
LOL, in your dreams.
Nah, Sarah Palin will not only go down in history as a "Wasilla Hillbilly" she'll also go down as a liar:

Quote :

The Odd Lies Of Sarah Palin, XXVII: The Stimulus Money
You may recall the Alaska governor's signature move last month. She declared that she would only take half the stimulus money:

Palin first told the news media that she's turning down nearly half the federal stimulus money -- but later conceded that does not count the Medicaid money she is accepting. That brings down what she's refusing to 31 percent of what the state government could get... Palin said she is accepting the federal stimulus money that would go for construction projects, but not funding directed at government operations. "We are not requesting funds intended to just grow government," Palin said. "In essence we say no to operating funds for more positions in government."

Now she's changed her mind:

She earlier called the stimulus package "an unsustainable, debt-ridden package of funds." Alaska's Legislature conducted more than 20 public hearings on the federal stimulus package, and legislative leaders said they couldn't find any of the strings attached to the funds that Palin had warned about. "The Legislature then had to come in and find out through a lot of research that simply wasn't true," Gara said of Palin's argument.

But of course, having lied about how much stimulus money she would take at the start, and lied about the strings attached to the money, she is now denying she has changed her mind on this at all:

Palin spokeswoman Sharon Leighow said the message earlier this year that Palin was going to reject stimulus funds was misconstrued. "She's never said she's rejecting anything. She's been consistent we need to hear from the public, thus the legislative hearings," Leighow said.

I almost miss her. Almost.
http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2009/04/the-odd-lies-of-sarah-palin-xxvii-the-stimulus-money.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Biden Makes Sarah Palin Look Like a Genius   Joe Biden Makes Sarah Palin Look Like a Genius Empty5/1/2009, 4:07 pm

Sorry, but yesterday, the White House looked like a bunch of idiots, and there wasn't even a flyover. The White House looked foolish trying (with no success) to cover Joe's tracks. What an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Joe Biden Makes Sarah Palin Look Like a Genius   Joe Biden Makes Sarah Palin Look Like a Genius Empty5/1/2009, 5:11 pm

edge540 wrote:
Quote :
LOL, in your dreams.
Nah, Sarah Palin will not only go down in history as a "Wasilla Hillbilly" she'll also go down as a liar:

Quote :

The Odd Lies Of Sarah Palin, XXVII: The Stimulus Money

I wonder if a year or so from now she'll be making up another 'thanks but no thanks" campaign lie?

As far as Biden is concerned,he was only guilty of speaking from his heart. Any Doctor would probably give the exact same precautions if you want to truly minimize your risk of infection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe Biden Makes Sarah Palin Look Like a Genius   Joe Biden Makes Sarah Palin Look Like a Genius Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1