Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GOP Commentator David Frum Loses Job After Criticizing Party

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

GOP Commentator David Frum Loses Job After Criticizing Party Empty
PostSubject: GOP Commentator David Frum Loses Job After Criticizing Party   GOP Commentator David Frum Loses Job After Criticizing Party Empty3/25/2010, 5:37 pm

Gotta keep those tea partiers and the lunatic fringe happy....

Updated 6:25 p.m. Eastern Time

David Frum, who wrote a widely-circulated blog post Sunday suggesting passage of the health care bill amounted to "Waterloo"for the Republican Party, has apparently been forced out of his fellowship at the conservative American Enterprise Institute.

"I appreciate the consideration that delays my emptying of my office until after my return from travel next week. Premises will be vacated no later than April 9," Frum wrote in the letter to Brooks. "I have had many fruitful years at the American Enterprise Institute, and I do regret this abrupt and unexpected conclusion of our relationship."

In the Waterloo post, Frum, a former speechwriter for President George W. Bush, wrote that the GOP and conservatives "suffered their most crushing legislative defeat since the 1960s."

"A huge part of the blame for today's disaster attaches to conservatives and Republicans ourselves," he wrote. "At the beginning of this process we made a strategic decision: unlike, say, Democrats in 2001 when President Bush proposed his first tax cut, we would make no deal with the administration. No negotiations, no compromise, nothing."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20001204-503544.html
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

GOP Commentator David Frum Loses Job After Criticizing Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOP Commentator David Frum Loses Job After Criticizing Party   GOP Commentator David Frum Loses Job After Criticizing Party Empty3/25/2010, 5:48 pm

Logic, reason, and honesty cannot be tolerated.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1