Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Only 20 percent claim to be Republican

Go down 
+2
Heretic
Artie60438
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty
PostSubject: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/19/2009, 8:10 pm

Meanwhile Obama approval @ 57% Smile

New ABC/WaPo poll out finds that only 20 percent of Americans claim to be Republicans, a 26-year low. Additionally, while a majority believe the country is on the wrong track, 49 percent trust Obama to make the right decisions for the country, versus 34 percent who trust Congressional Democrats, and a paltry 19 percent who trust the Congressional Republicans. (The 20 percent claim to be GOP number is apparently not in the data to which I linked, but ABC reported it on their evening newscast).

It seems reasonable to conclude that the only people who trust Congressional Republicans are those who declare themselves to be Republican (in my case, what else would I be?). I guess I would be in the one percent who admits to being a Republican, but who has no faith in the Congressional Republicans. But cheer up! I don't have faith in the Democrats or the president either!

The Republicans are plainly in serious trouble. Typically, a third of all Americans identify with the GOP, a third with the Democrats, and a third call themselves independent. The balance of power in US electoral politics goes to the party that can attract independent votes. The GOP has withered away to the bone -- and if the Carville-Greenberg focus groups can be believed, it's going to be a walking skeleton for some time yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/20/2009, 7:00 am

Artie60438 wrote:

New ABC/WaPo poll out finds that only 20 percent of Americans claim to be Republicans, a 26-year low. Additionally, while a majority believe the country is on the wrong track, 49 percent trust Obama to make the right decisions for the country, versus 34 percent who trust Congressional Democrats, and a paltry 19 percent who trust the Congressional Republicans. (The 20 percent claim to be GOP number is apparently not in the data to which I linked, but ABC reported it on their evening newscast).

It seems reasonable to conclude that the only people who trust Congressional Republicans are those who declare themselves to be Republican (in my case, what else would I be?). I guess I would be in the one percent who admits to being a Republican, but who has no faith in the Congressional Republicans. But cheer up! I don't have faith in the Democrats or the president either!

The Republicans are plainly in serious trouble. Typically, a third of all Americans identify with the GOP, a third with the Democrats, and a third call themselves independent. The balance of power in US electoral politics goes to the party that can attract independent votes. The GOP has withered away to the bone -- and if the Carville-Greenberg focus groups can be believed, it's going to be a walking skeleton for some time yet.
Poor, stupid Artie/Edge...once again the Polls dictate his thinking...
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/20/2009, 9:09 am

LoisLane wrote:

Your incredibly poor memory rears it's ugly head again. Did you "forget" you posted this when the polls were going in your favor?

Quote :
Gee guys, looks like the honeymoon is just about over...

GM, Chrysler Bailouts Trim Obama’s Approval Ratings on Economy
Timothy J. Burger and Jonathan D. Salant Timothy J. Burger And Jonathan D. Salant
https://nofree.forumotion.com/nation-world-f11/here-it-comes-t876.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/20/2009, 9:20 am

Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

Your incredibly poor memory rears it's ugly head again. Did you "forget" you posted this when the polls were going in your favor?

Quote :
Gee guys, looks like the honeymoon is just about over...

GM, Chrysler Bailouts Trim Obama’s Approval Ratings on Economy
Timothy J. Burger and Jonathan D. Salant Timothy J. Burger And Jonathan D. Salant
https://nofree.forumotion.com/nation-world-f11/here-it-comes-t876.htm
Difference is...popularity polls do not dictate my lifestyle...how's your boy doing today? Big Dumbocrat fund raiser in NYC while young men and women await a decision on troop increases. Not any better than George W. Bush, is it? Difference is George W. Bush made his decisions, made them quickly, and stood by them. Mao-bama can only decide which tie to wear tonight!
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/20/2009, 10:15 am

LoisLane wrote:
Difference is George W. Bush made his decisions, made them quickly, and stood by them.

Seriously? Make really, really bad decisions, but just do it fast and it's ok?

That's mind numbingly stupid.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/20/2009, 11:58 am

LoisLane wrote:
Difference is George W. Bush made his decisions, made them quickly, and stood by them.

Yeah,and worst POTUS ever left office with a 22% approval rating and singlehandedly helped Democrats to gain an overwhelming majority in Congress.

Mission Accomplished! Right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/20/2009, 12:26 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

Yeah,and worst POTUS ever left office with a 22% approval rating and singlehandedly helped Democrats to gain an overwhelming majority in Congress.

But...he wasn't afraid to make a decision...right or wrong. Not like your boy.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/20/2009, 12:35 pm

LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

But...he wasn't afraid to make a decision...right or wrong. Not like your boy.

Good grief! Any jackass can make a decision. It's making the right decision that ends up counting in the long run,not shoot from the hip decisions like "Bring em On".

Keep comparing Obama to Bush lol!
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/20/2009, 3:27 pm

LoisLane wrote:

Yeah. Well IMHO, this was one of President Bush's greatest faults. The dude simply seemed incapable of admitting he was wrong about anything. The only thing that is worse than a bad decision is the failure to recognize it as a bad decision. There is certainly nothing admirable about "sticking to a decision" when it's a bad one.

It's truly ironic that people want Obama to make a snap decision about something as serious as the strategy for the War in Afghanistan when the same people bitch and moan about "rushing" to pass stuff like Health Care Insurance Reform.

It's clear that it is time to reassess the strategy in Afghanistan. Just pouring in American troops without a clear strategy would be foolhardy and could easily lead to an unnecessary waste of American soldiers' blood and our money. It looks like the American people are beginning to turn against the war effort in Afghanistan, and whether you like it or not, there is no way to continue without the support of the American people. The mission in Afghanistan should be based on clear objectives and on ways to accomplish those objectives.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/20/2009, 3:35 pm

Scorpion wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

Yeah. Well IMHO, this was one of President Bush's greatest faults. The dude simply seemed incapable of admitting he was wrong about anything. The only thing that is worse than a bad decision is the failure to recognize it as a bad decision. There is certainly nothing admirable about "sticking to a decision" when it's a bad one.

It's truly ironic that people want Obama to make a snap decision about something as serious as the strategy for the War in Afghanistan when the same people bitch and moan about "rushing" to pass stuff like Health Care Insurance Reform.

It's clear that it is time to reassess the strategy in Afghanistan. Just pouring in American troops without a clear strategy would be foolhardy and could easily lead to an unnecessary waste of American soldiers' blood and our money. It looks like the American people are beginning to turn against the war effort in Afghanistan, and whether you like it or not, there is no way to continue without the support of the American people. The mission in Afghanistan should be based on clear objectives and on ways to accomplish those objectives.
Well, I guess Mao-bama actually believes he now deserves the Nobel Prize...That, is even funnier. A NO DECISION only shows weakness.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/20/2009, 6:52 pm

LoisLane wrote:
A NO DECISION only shows weakness.

Right. So make a bad decision at the expense of the American economy and lives, and make it fast, just so we look sooper cool on the road to ruination.

Brilliant strategy.
Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/22/2009, 4:46 am

I wonder how many are fed up with both big parties and now claim to be independent or Libertarian. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/23/2009, 8:02 am

Still...NO DECISION.
Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/23/2009, 8:44 am

Heretic wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

Seriously? Make really, really bad decisions, but just do it fast and it's ok?

That's mind numbingly stupid.

Well gee that sounds like absolutely everything President Obama has pushed and done except for his indecision about the war. Now he claims after months of thinking it over to keep his decision a secret? But a badly kept secret since indications are he'll do what the Bush people recommended just before leaving office after all and claim it as his own. The sad part is his debating delay would seem to be costing more lives than had he acted sooner. But not to worry! Turns out he'll be bringing in support staff like doctors & builders and and classify them as civilian contractors to make the lefties think it really isn't a troop build up.

Oh the irony all around! And this was supposed to be an open & honest administration. In time we will reflect on this period as the hoodwinked administration. We sure will.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/23/2009, 11:48 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/23/2009, 12:35 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
73% of GOP Voters Say Congressional Republicans Have Lost Touch With Their Base

:rolfcry: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Rofl
...and still, NO DECISION...
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/23/2009, 8:54 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

New ABC/WaPo poll out finds that only 20 percent of Americans claim to be Republicans, a 26-year low.

57% approval and 20% approval. I sure do like falling in the 23% that know better than to be approving of either...
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/24/2009, 1:25 am

From what I've seen and read, Mr. Obama is going to wait for that "RUN-OFF" election in whatever the heck country it is, to make a decision.

Even though the request for additional troops was made long before they got to read that ten pound book on health care. They should have just gave us Americans what they enjoy: the KISS system. Keep it simple, stupid. The same benefits they get, and the insurance companies would still remain in power, and get paid.

I'm waiting for our President Obama to fly over there someday and say, "Mission Not Accomplished! My dog Bo, he cost me an arm and leg at the Vet's office."
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/24/2009, 9:47 am

UrRight wrote:
From what I've seen and read, Mr. Obama is going to wait for that "RUN-OFF" election in whatever the heck country it is, to make a decision.

It sure beats sending troops into harms way before we even know what government we''re fighting for,doesn't it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/24/2009, 9:53 am

Artie60438 wrote:
UrRight wrote:

It sure beats sending troops into harms way before we even know what government we''re fighting for,doesn't it?
Hey gramps...we already have troops in harms way...Mao-bama's indecision only increases the danger they are in.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/24/2009, 11:55 am

Sending more won't necessarily fix that, especially if there's no workable plan to bring them home.

But you're right. We should just send more off to die, 'cause we'll look cooler now, forget later.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/24/2009, 1:19 pm

Heretic wrote:
Sending more won't necessarily fix that, especially if there's no workable plan to bring them home.

But you're right. We should just send more off to die, 'cause we'll look cooler now, forget later.

Heck,if we really hurry up and make a bigger commitment before knowing the outcome of their election,we just might be able to get ourselves caught right in the middle of a civil war. Wouldn't that be fun! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/24/2009, 1:43 pm

Heretic wrote:

Either send more or bring them home...one way or the other...either heed the advice of the people you appoint, or do it your own way...Shit or get off the pot.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/24/2009, 1:58 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

I can see that. I mean you got Sarah Palin out now gathering votes for a 3rd Party in New York right?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty10/24/2009, 7:13 pm

paul87920 wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

I can see that. I mean you got Sarah Palin out now gathering votes for a 3rd Party in New York right?

Oh yeah! Palin is the best thing to happen to the Democratic party since GW Bush. I constantly laugh at the morons that think we're scared of her. She was a huge,if not the #1, reason the Repubs lost in 2008.

Now that she's not the Gov of Alaska anymore,no one will be able to contain her. Very Happy

The Republican party is on the cusp,if not already in,a full scale civil war. The kook wingnut faction,which she represents well,thinks that their party needs to go hard,hard,right. That's why you're seeing that endorsement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Only 20 percent claim to be Republican   Only 20 percent claim to be Republican Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next