Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Al Franken Charms a Crowd of Tea Party Activists

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Al Franken Charms a Crowd of Tea Party Activists Empty
PostSubject: Al Franken Charms a Crowd of Tea Party Activists   Al Franken Charms a Crowd of Tea Party Activists Empty9/4/2009, 9:51 pm

Anyone who thought that Al Franken was going to be some sort of comical distraction as a Senator should pay close attention to this video. After watching it,I'm starting to think Obama should stay on the sidelines and let Al sell the health care reform.

From the guy who shot the video:
Quote :

I got to witness something really special. About a dozen tea party activists had staked out Sen. Al Franken's booth, and confronted him loudly when he arrived. But within minutes, he'd turned an unruly crowd into a productive conversation on health care. The discussion went from insurance reform, to the public option, to veterans benefits, to cap and trade. He made a few laugh and even told a touching story that moved a few to tears. A whole lot of common ground was found.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken Charms a Crowd of Tea Party Activists   Al Franken Charms a Crowd of Tea Party Activists Empty9/5/2009, 4:30 am

I think Franken has been underestimated by many.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken Charms a Crowd of Tea Party Activists   Al Franken Charms a Crowd of Tea Party Activists Empty9/5/2009, 10:05 pm

A reasonable and rational discussion on healthcare? I'm so jealous...
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken Charms a Crowd of Tea Party Activists   Al Franken Charms a Crowd of Tea Party Activists Empty9/6/2009, 6:59 am

That's a good video. After personally talking to teabaggers, I have found engaging them is far more difficult because many of them are not interested in calmly discussing the issue or learning more about it. For example, the man in the background made the claim that there "aren't enough doctors" to go around if we give everyone in this country healthcare. The fear that covering all Americans will lower the quality of medical care is driving this discussion. IMO, the spectacle of watching people with adequate healthcare protesting to prevent other Americans from obtaining basic healthcare is both troubling and immoral.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken Charms a Crowd of Tea Party Activists   Al Franken Charms a Crowd of Tea Party Activists Empty9/6/2009, 10:09 am

paul87920 wrote:
I think Franken has been underestimated by many.

Way,way underestimated. I used to listen to him on Air America. He knows the issues and has a political science degree from Harvard to boot. With a little more time under his belt in the Senate,I think he'll be regularly sought out by the political talk shows.

I'm wondering if we'll see him on the fall premiere of Saturday Night Live on September 26th. My guess is yes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken Charms a Crowd of Tea Party Activists   Al Franken Charms a Crowd of Tea Party Activists Empty9/8/2009, 8:58 am

Who knew he had another talent..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken Charms a Crowd of Tea Party Activists   Al Franken Charms a Crowd of Tea Party Activists Empty

Back to top Go down

Al Franken Charms a Crowd of Tea Party Activists
Page 1 of 1