Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Creature known as "Preacher"

Go down 
+20
chuckmo48
hammonite
BigWhiteGuy
freekey1
WhitingLib
Simon
John
KarenT
BigFan
Mailman
Robin Banks
Passion
FFScott
Penguin
paul87920
UrRight
voter3
sparks
the oracle
Artie60438
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
sparks

The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty2/16/2012, 8:04 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Ashley now has a title for her show..."Ashley's Corner". cheers The Creature was lurking in the chatroom.
I was only on for a few minutes and don't know if he posted anything but it reminded me of a whimpering dog with his nose pressed against the fence after being kicked out of the house for crapping in it one too many times Laughing
Today when I checked in to the chatroom I expressed how much I enjoyed Preacher-free radio and the failed drifter responded with "bite me". He followed that up by daring me to try saying that at Freddies. He's sunken pretty low when he is trying to intimidate people on the chatroom of the radio station that canned his butt. Mini creature came to his rescue by clearing the messages and shutting down the chatroom.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty2/17/2012, 7:09 am

sparks wrote:
Today when I checked in to the chatroom I expressed how much I enjoyed Preacher-free radio and the failed drifter responded with "bite me". He followed that up by daring me to try saying that at Freddies. He's sunken pretty low when he is trying to intimidate people on the chatroom of the radio station that canned his butt. Mini creature came to his rescue by clearing the messages and shutting down the chatroom.
"Mini creature" LMAO! Perfect!
Back to top Go down
nwigirl

nwigirl

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty2/17/2012, 7:16 am

It would appear the preacher finally said the wrong thing to/about the wrong person....so long...I hear it was the final straw!!!
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty2/17/2012, 12:19 pm

yeah im hearing now that he isnt coming back. no idea what the final straw was...short involuntary hiatuses (hiati?) have happenned to preach several times over the years, but it appears at least for now this one is sticking.

dare i say it.

the preacher appears to have been terminated

while i wish him happiness and peace off of the airwaves,

happy days are here again for the rest of us.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty2/17/2012, 12:20 pm

oh and no truth to the rumor that he will be showing up on celebrity apprentice this spring. apparently never was isnt the same as has been
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty2/17/2012, 6:27 pm

the oracle wrote:
yeah im hearing now that he isnt coming back. no idea what the final straw was...short involuntary hiatuses (hiati?) have happenned to preach several times over the years, but it appears at least for now this one is sticking.

dare i say it.

the preacher appears to have been terminated

while i wish him happiness and peace off of the airwaves,

happy days are here again for the rest of us.
cheers cheers cheers
I wonder how many of those overpriced T-Shirts the Creature got stuck with and how the couple of dozen suckers that bought them feel now. lol!
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty2/20/2012, 6:31 pm

wonder how preacher night at freddies is going since hes been off air. my god wont be long hell be stuck buying his own drinks.

and whats the over and under as to how long before the liquor store on kennedy finds out hes no longer on air and finally changes that damn sign?
Back to top Go down
FFScott

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty2/21/2012, 5:57 am

He was back last night... Colbert was back too after a week absence.
Preacher seemd a little more reserved. Anyone got an over or under before he goes off again?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty2/22/2012, 8:20 am

FFScott wrote:
He was back last night... Colbert was back too after a week absence.
Preacher seemd a little more reserved.
Way more reserved. He's obviously been given his final warning from JED. Not a peep about T-shirts either.
Quote :
Anyone got an over or under before he goes off again?
We've been down this road countless times with him announcing some kind of kinder gentler "fresh and clean" retooling,
only to eventually go back to his old ways in a relatively short period of time. Considering that he never lets go of a grudge,and I'd bet dollars to donuts that he blames his suspension on someone else,it probably won't be too long.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty2/22/2012, 1:40 pm

ok this thread is over for me folks no more joking around. '

im saddened to say that

preach is seriously, suddenly ill today and needs all of our sincere prayers.

god bless ya preach. i hope ya come through
Back to top Go down
BigFan

BigFan

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty2/22/2012, 4:06 pm

The Preacher has passed today, confirmed by Kenwood Tap Flo on Facebook.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty2/24/2012, 1:23 pm

A Final Comment...

It saddened me to learn of the Preacher's untimely death. As you all know I was not a fan of his,nor was he a fan of mine, but this was certainly not the way I wanted his career to end and it is indeed a tragedy.

My sincere condolences to his family,the owner & staff at WJOB,and his many friends on your loss.

Preacher almost always ended his show with "Good Night Arthur Flagenheimer...Where ever You Are". Believe it or not,I always smiled when I heard that and would raise my right hand and give him a salute in return.

Good Night Preacher and May You Rest in Peace.

Quote :
Remember, you're just renting space on this big rock, so try to relax, swing as hard as you can and say your prayers.
Steven Glover,
aka "The Preacher"
June 7, 1957 – February 22, 2012
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty2/24/2012, 8:01 pm

BigFan wrote:
The Preacher has passed today, confirmed by Kenwood Tap Flo on Facebook.

Amd from Max's deatjh, to FreeTime's to Preacher's death, they had only one thing in common: dying what they believed in.

Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty2/24/2012, 8:04 pm

Max. Freeetime and Steveed fighting for what? A ghetto???
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty2/24/2012, 8:13 pm

Whatch how many of his enemies show up, saying what "a good guy he was. Dumbazzes..
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty2/26/2012, 7:38 am

The Preacher's obituary makes no mention of his three surviving sisters. Instead of asking that donations be made to a favorite cause or charity, he asks that in lieu of flowers, money should be given to the Preacher's Park fund. Even in death, he still holds a grudge and is looking for an angle.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty2/26/2012, 8:10 am

sparks wrote:
The Preacher's obituary makes no mention of his three surviving sisters. Instead of asking that donations be made to a favorite cause or charity, he asks that in lieu of flowers, money should be given to the Preacher's Park fund. Even in death, he still holds a grudge and is looking for an angle.
I wonder if JED may be the one handling the arrangements? I gotta kick out him complaining and whining that the Times only mentioned the death in a tiny blurb. Maybe if he actually advertised in the Times occasionally instead of just poaching their news stories they might have given it more coverage. IMO,the Times is basically just giving him the same treatment that he gives businesses that don't advertise on JOB. For example,it's beyond pettiness and really childish when he'll mention that he went out to eat at a restaurant and then make a big deal that he can't mention the name because they're not a sponsor. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty2/26/2012, 1:01 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
sparks wrote:
I wonder if JED may be the one handling the arrangements? I gotta kick out him complaining and whining that the Times only mentioned the death in a tiny blurb. Maybe if he actually advertised in the Times occasionally instead of just poaching their news stories they might have given it more coverage. IMO,the Times is basically just giving him the same treatment that he gives businesses that don't advertise on JOB. For example,it's beyond pettiness and really childish when he'll mention that he went out to eat at a restaurant and then make a big deal that he can't mention the name because they're not a sponsor. Rolling Eyes
The station has been getting a steady stream of new advertisers. I agree that JED acts childish when he won't mention the names of businesses. IMO, he would be much more successful if he treated every business as a potential customer. I doubt JED is handling the arrangements. I think it's more likely that Big George or the Preacher's wife is.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty2/26/2012, 2:46 pm

Thought Preacher was single.

The "PARK FUND" may well be the back-taxes owed, uh?

Lastly, didn't someone post he was in a "disagreement" with his sister regarding the house he inherited from his dad?

If you read the notes in the Journey to Death, there were two or more posts made from his sisters.

Well, anyway, I know he's in Heaven, if there is such a place, and his worries are over. At least here. Don't know how they judge us wherever we go...but I kinda think like my Uncle Hoss, "Once you're dead, you're dead".

Have to laugh about my dad's saying...which came true. "Why should I go to his funeral, when he isn't going to mine?"

My dad didn't have a funeral for that reason. He despised them. Like I do. Like Dolly Parton won't even go to one, ever since she was little Buy the book, it's worth a read! Southeners don't mince words or cuss words.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty2/26/2012, 2:51 pm

I truly believe "Park FUND" means property taxes, and it's known by the kin to use those words to have the last laugh by Preacher.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty2/26/2012, 6:02 pm

sparks wrote:
I agree that JED acts childish when he won't mention the names of businesses. IMO, he would be much more successful if he treated every business as a potential customer.
What's ridiculous is that he goes out of his way to announce that he won't mention them. He should just say he went out to a restaurant and leave it at that or not mention it at all.
Quote :
I doubt JED is handling the arrangements. I think it's more likely that Big George or the Preacher's wife is.
It sure took longer than usual to post the obituary.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty2/29/2012, 5:58 pm

Someone that I know who attended Preacher's memorial service said the card from his wife read, "You will not be missed, but you will be remembered." I guess she got the the last word, along with his estate.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty2/29/2012, 7:29 pm

sparks wrote:
Someone that I know who attended Preacher's memorial service said the card from his wife read, "You will not be missed, but you will be remembered".
Ouch affraid
Quote :
I guess she got the the last word, along with his estate.
How much does she owe on it? Wink
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty3/1/2012, 6:38 pm

sparks wrote:
Someone that I know who attended Preacher's memorial service said the card from his wife read, "You will not be missed, but you will be remembered." I guess she got the the last word, along with his estate.

Please verify if I misconstrued the many postings from the defunct, to the intermittent, to this board. Was or is it correct to say, Preacher lived alone? Is it proper for me to assume from postings he was behind in taxes on his house he inherited from his father? Is it correct he aired some type of resentment from his sister regarding the estate?

I just can't fathom him being married and living in the same inherited house his father left him, so, what's the story? I am just curious, because I was under the impression he lived alone, was a real corker, but never mentioned a wife, nor was it mentioned in posts.

I don't know, but how evil can a woman/wife be to even send a card to a dead guy? I think Preacher still had the last laugh. He knew our time is "rented here" on earth.

Kind of makes me feel guilty responding how lately he would show up or not show up for gigs on Friday. I had triple by pass at age 42. My symptoms were stress related, I thought. I slept a lot..and one day, 4 a.m., I awoke to my back feeling like a truck ran over it. My throat felt like I needed a benadryl or something. Thought it was allergies I never had before. Took the benadryl, laid down, numbness set in my arms. I got up, drove myself on country roads for eight miles, ditched the van, ran in and said, "I'm having a heart attack". They insisted it was asthma. I said, "NO freakin' way." After x-rays, doc said he was keeping me over night. My family thought I was at the flea market like I usually was...ten minutes later after 4 hours when Doc says that, they go rushing in with "clot buster" and oxygen, and I said, "What's the matter?" The nurse said, "You're having a heart attack". I said, "Will you all calm down, no shit, I told ya that at 5 a.m., what time is it, ten?"

Helicopter ride was a blast. I had two more before boarding. Asked if I felt it, said, "yeah, it tickles". It really fluttered. I knew I was in good hands when I landed at the most famous hospital in Michigan. The surgeon bitched it was smoking. I bitched back it was stress. He was younger than me, doing 50 open heart surgeries a week. I kept in touch with him after being in the hospital two weeks, and infection set in...and that was worse than waking up with tubes and a collapsed lung, infection...he had one two years later and it was in the Kalamazoo paper. Called it stress. He cut down on the number of operations per week. I told him he should take up smoking...to relieve the stress. He was eating..what else, dammn TACOs when he felt it coming. He's still my best buddy. Still asks me why I was right and he was wrong. Told him to roll out the garbage cans for his wife to guage his "stress level".

Anyway, I think Preacher was in worst shape than he led everyone to believe. He knew. I just wonder what type of person his wife was to have to send a card to her own husband? Why not flowers with a BANNER stating it? Or, is this out of the mouths of gossipers?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty3/1/2012, 6:44 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
sparks wrote:
Someone that I know who attended Preacher's memorial service said the card from his wife read, "You will not be missed, but you will be remembered".
Ouch affraid
Quote :
I guess she got the the last word, along with his estate.
How much does she owe on it? Wink
s

Probaly more than it's worth, Artie. Might be better for the clan to pay the back taxes, and share the rent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Creature known as "Preacher"
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next