Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Creature known as "Preacher"

Go down 
+20
chuckmo48
hammonite
BigWhiteGuy
freekey1
WhitingLib
Simon
John
KarenT
BigFan
Mailman
Robin Banks
Passion
FFScott
Penguin
paul87920
UrRight
voter3
sparks
the oracle
Artie60438
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
the oracle

the oracle

The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/1/2009, 3:07 pm

congrats to stew and vera. and honestly to preach. hang in there. hell i know what it feels like more than most. its an opportunity to look in the mirror and revamp your image and show. good luck to him.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/1/2009, 5:51 pm

the oracle wrote:
congrats to stew and vera. and honestly to preach. hang in there. hell i know what it feels like more than most. its an opportunity to look in the mirror and revamp your image and show. good luck to him.

One good thing about him being demoted is that now your show will get properly promoted you'll have a much better lead in with Stew & Vera.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/1/2009, 8:28 pm

i think the shows will be much more compatable thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/1/2009, 9:01 pm

The Preacher had Bill Baker on the radio today and they discussed the announcement of where the Olympics will be hosted tomorrow. The Preacher did nothing but bash Chicago and talk about all the problems that he feels the Olympics will create for Chicago. It was unreal. Billions of dollars in economic developement and all the Preacher can talk about is traffic jams. The guy is a tool, plain and simple. Anyone who makes a living from the media should know that if Chicago is selected, advertising revenue for all media will increase. In addition to ad revenues, there will be many opportunities for local talent because of the Olympics. However, the failed drifter is too stupid to realize what a great thing it will be if Chicago is selected and chooses to bash Chicago instead. If Chicago is selected, I'll forward some recordings of his rants to the Olympic committee so they know how he feels about the Olympics. Jed made the right move by demoting the Preacher.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/1/2009, 9:07 pm

the oracle wrote:
i think the shows will be much more compatable thats for sure.

Yeah,right now I picture the hand off like a prisoner exchange in the demilitarized zone between North & South Korea Wink
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/1/2009, 9:36 pm

Today's episode is entitled "The Creature plays dumb".

Tuned in a little late today,but it was obvious the Creature wasn't talking about his demotion. Someone called in and asked about it point blank and Creature's reply was incredible and qualifies for "stupid preacher moment of the day". He claimed he didn't know about it with some crap about how he's not kept in the loop. (Yeah,right:roll:Does anyone in their right mind believe that? For crying out loud,even I knew about it,and I don't work nor do I have any affiliation with WJOB whatsoever)

A little later,I started getting dizzy from the spin he was desperately trying to put on it. He made some silly analogy to baseball. Here's my baseball analogy.....It's like going from the 1 2 3 or 4 hitter to 9th.

After 5 PM he had a guest and the creature spent some time bashing all of NWI,saying in effect that it was a horrible place to live. It's "dirty",
etc.

The unemployable "Marsha" called in and bashed the Olympic bid of Chicago,but also notified everyone that apparently WJOB now has "Caller ID". I'm sure the many cows and other livestock that call in to his show to harass him are thankful for the heads up. I guess there won't be any "surprise" after all.

I heard the Creature walked out of the station like a whipped dog,with his tail between his legs. For the first time in ages he didn't even say good night to me. "Good night,Arthur Flagenheimer,where ever you are".

I'd love to discuss what everyone's feelings are as to what caused his demise. My theory is that climbing up on Free's lap,getting his marching orders from her via Email,and becoming her puppet was a major contributor.

Mooooo for now and a pleasant good night Very Happy
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/2/2009, 7:17 am

In my opinion an announcers opinion shouldnt matter and shouldnt be the main theme of a show. That was his demise, he relied to much on himself. Who wants to call and add their opinion if the host has already declared he disagrees with you. Let Marsha and whoever else have their say but give the other side a fair chance or they wont listen.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/2/2009, 4:10 pm

he claimed he didnt know lol? if thats the case then maybe i shouldnt be surprised about how little he seems to know about the city either.

something was up thats for sure. normally we at least pretend to be civil to each other when dave and i take over from preach. but last night preach didnt say a word. he just threw (literally) his cds in his briefcase and stormed out.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/2/2009, 4:53 pm

the oracle wrote:
he claimed he didnt know lol? if thats the case then maybe i shouldnt be surprised about how little he seems to know about the city either.

something was up thats for sure. normally we at least pretend to be civil to each other when dave and i take over from preach. but last night preach didnt say a word. he just threw (literally) his cds in his briefcase and stormed out.

I have no doubt that he knew,but he really was uncomfortable with the subject. This is a guy that can never admit that he's wrong. Having to admit that he was demoted had to be devastating. He was still claiming that he had more listeners to his show than any other show in the history of WJOB. Heck,Jim and Vera have more,just based on the amount of calls they get and the different people calling.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/2/2009, 6:29 pm

Todays episode:Yawn

Nothing much happening today other than Creature trying to spin his demotion by mentioning he's on at the same time as Rush Limbaugh. Rolling Eyes (He can spin all he wants but the bottom line is that 12-2 is still 3rd string on WJOB)

One note of interest....The owner of McTavern's called in and revealed that his liquor license expires on Wed the 7th and he has not gotten an extension as of yet. Unless he does,he won't be able to serve alcohol after Wednesday.

I was back in his thoughts today though,as he ended his show with his usual "good night" to me,so I guess all is forgiven Smile
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/2/2009, 10:53 pm

Why would a tavern owner call his show to disclose that he wont be able to sell booze to the gang bangers after Wednesday? Did Preacher approach him to be a sponsor...LOL
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/3/2009, 7:57 am

voter3 wrote:
Why would a tavern owner call his show to disclose that he wont be able to sell booze to the gang bangers after Wednesday? Did Preacher approach him to be a sponsor...LOL

I doubt he'd want to sponsor him. After all,the shut in crowd that will be Creature's new listener demographic aren't real big fans of hip hop bars. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/3/2009, 11:59 pm

If the Creature is off the air I will finally be able to start listening again in the late afternoon. Who would listen to that clown at noon? LOL.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/4/2009, 9:47 am

Penguin wrote:
If the Creature is off the air I will finally be able to start listening again in the late afternoon. Who would listen to that clown at noon? LOL.

Shut ins and the chronically unemployed--AKA "Marsha".
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/4/2009, 1:38 pm

LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Shut ins and the chronically unemployed--AKA "Marsha".
...and, I'm sure Artie will be tuned in...

Unfortunately I have other things to attend to during those hours which will prevent me from updating this thread as often as I'd like to. I encourage others to try and contribute as often as they can.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/5/2009, 8:08 pm

Today's episode:Dead failed afternoon radio host walking

Today was bash Hammond and the Charter School,although the Creature did mention he also wanted to talk about mCTavern's but never got to it. (He probably could have if he still had a 3 hr show LOL)

His main points today is how the sexual offenders have rights and it's not fair to just build something as they've done their time and are not violating any laws.(Amazing how this idiot just changes his position on a dime when it suits his agenda,which is to bash Hammond every way he can) Then he put that sharp legal mind of his (LMAO) to work and claimed that there would be some sort of litigation that would cost Hammond lots of money to defend. (The idiot is apparently unaware that these sex offenders live on a week to week or at most a month to month basis at a single residency hotel,and thus at best would get a notice to vacate based on the terms of their rental,be it 7,14,or30 days.

Tom Dabertin did call in and tried to set the creature straight but as usual he wasn't having any of it.

The unemployed carbuncle on the ass of Hammond,"Marsha" called in to complain about "Artie and his crew,Sparky & Oracle".- I was distracted so I really couldn't pay all that much attention to her. Later she called in again to (take a wild guess Rolling Eyes) acknowledge her support for the LaSalle Hotel and to warn everyone that there would be no economic development and that money would be stolen.

Caller asks about why the Creature is all of a sudden taking the side of the sex offenders. (Creature ends the call but (Big surprise) never answers the question. Sometime later caller calls back to ask why he didn't answer the question and the Creature hangs up on him,calls him a name,and then tries unsuccessfully to spin his way out of it.

Creature also claimed that he was still batting "cleanup" in the WJOB lineup.(Unless his new duties from 12-2PM include mopping the floors and freshening up the washrooms,he's not cleaning up anything.It's a demotion,plain and simple!)

A lot of his guests are apparently getting their own shows on Saturday morning.(I guess they finally figured out that the Creature only gets in the way of most discusions)

Finally he ends with,Do we have the right to change laws and infringe on the predators?. (Yes we do. All of a sudden this guy is worried about sex offenders rights? Give me and everyone else a break.)

For more on the school issue see my post in the 'Hammond Forum' "The case for a charter school".
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/5/2009, 8:25 pm

Today's show was a testament to how stupid the Preacher really is. Tom Dabertin called up the Preacher's show to set the record straight regarding some of misinformation the Preacher has been spewing during his pathetic excuse of a radio show. The Preacher repeatedly interrupted Mr. Dabertin and finally ended up hanging up on him. His behavior towards Mr. Dabertin was ignorant and disgraceful. After the phone call ended, the Preacher proceeded to rail about sex offenders for the next 45 minutes, creating some of the most boring radio I have ever heard. The Preacher was actually mocking people with college degrees. The Preacher is so fixated on the sexual offender issue that I am starting to wonder if he is in denial about some of his impulses.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/5/2009, 8:32 pm

the facts do not matter to some people at all.

this sex offender problem at the hotel can be eliminated permantly, easily. anyone whos ever ridden or walked the bike path knows that.....oh wait....preacher didnt realize the bike path is also considered a public park? and he didnt realize the law also states sex offenders cant live within 1000 feet of public parks? oh well im sure preach will apologize tomarrow for screwing up so bad and not trying to find out about the situation. and im sure the times reporter will recognize their error and resign in disgrace as well. not to mention the state dept of corrections for actually paying for people to violate the states own law and live illegally too close to a public park...but i digress.

point is big headline....not big problem. fixed in half a day.

in the meantime the times got to bash the mayor over nothing (again) and the preacher got to bash the mayor as well (again)

as for preach im trying to understand his thinking......pan handlers and bums who havent done anything to anyone (at least as far as we know)bad -need to be run out of town....sex offenders and business owners who cater to gang criminals good? and we have to be fair to them and not run them out of town?

anyone seeing an irony there?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/5/2009, 8:49 pm

I forgot to mention that Dabertin said another article is coming out tomorrow and he sounded like it might clear up a lot of these misconceptions. Creature wasn't too happy about that,insinuating that the administration would be behind it.

Anyway the magic number is down to 1. One more day and the failed morning host also becomes the failed drive time host. cheers
Back to top Go down
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/5/2009, 11:42 pm

The Creature is a cartoon of himself. He has some suprises that he is not aware of yet. :swat:
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/6/2009, 8:50 am

Penguin wrote:
The Creature is a cartoon of himself. He has some suprises that he is not aware of yet. :swat:

Penguin,We eagerly await your revelations. Welcome to the "crew". :woot:
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/6/2009, 6:40 pm

Tonight's Episode: Say Good Night,Creature Razz

The first 1 hr 15 minutes was pretty unremarkable. First he complained he wasn't invited to the live remiote today at the Sweet House Bakery.

Then a little complaining about how Fowler & Mailman are "beating up on him". (more on this later)

Then proclaims "As long as Dabertin is coming on the radio it's not over". (It sucks when someone armed with the facts refutes you,eh Creature?)

Rest of the period is a lot of that horrible wheezing laugh.

5:15 Goes off on Dabertin and complains about his huge conflict of interest,but as par for the course,never explains it.

He wants charges filed against the LaSalle hotel and the owner for letting sex offenders stay there. (Didn't the state refer them?)

The stupid moment of the day:Put in bike paths where offenders live to force them out. Says he would do that as if he was Mayor. (Hey numbnutz,weren't you ranting against that exact same policy yesterday claiming there would be huge legal problems?)

5:45 Starts attacking Fowler again. Then wants drug testing for all hammond employees because of Mailman's recent notoriety. (One has nothing to do with the other,genius)

Starts his usual sign off but starts to choke up (IMO) as the reality of his failure sets it. He can barely get the words out.

The last words of the night: "Get Lost Arthur Flagenheimer" :thanks:

Note to my fans and followers of these updates: I have come up with a solution to the problem of his moving to 12-2 which would conflict with my schedule. The next few days my commentary may be a less than I would like,but hopefully sometime next week it will be back better and more complete than ever,and I'll be able to spend a lot less time doing it. It's definitely a win-win situation and I wish I would have thought about it earlier.

With that being said let's all sing along and celebrate with "Frogboy" Razz

Last edited by Artie60438 on 10/6/2009, 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/6/2009, 6:52 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
I forgot to mention that Dabertin said another article is coming out tomorrow and he sounded like it might clear up a lot of these misconceptions. Creature wasn't too happy about that,insinuating that the administration would be behind it.

Anyway the magic number is down to 1. One more day and the failed morning host also becomes the failed drive time host. cheers

You mean Dedlow is back on the air?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/6/2009, 6:54 pm

Passion wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

You mean Dedlow is back on the air?

Dedelow has been on for quite a while,over a year at least. His sidekick was Vera,who along with Stew,now moves into Creature's spot.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty10/6/2009, 9:42 pm

We win, Preacher loses! No more "Stupid Preacher Moments" during the drive home. I'm having fun taking shots at the Preacher OTOB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Creature known as "Preacher"
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next