Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Racist jingoists at their best

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Racist jingoists at their best - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist jingoists at their best   Racist jingoists at their best - Page 2 Empty1/7/2015, 10:02 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Elected official or not, what Sharpton has done is considerably more heinous than merely speaking before a racist group; he has demonstrated time and again that he himself is a racist,
Examples?

I already gave you examples, but for the benefit of the slow of wit, I will repeat myself:
None of these are even close. Do you even know the definition of racisim?

Al Sharpton’s Greatest Hits
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Sharpton

Quote :
On the Crown Heights riots:

"If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house".
A sarcastic remark,nothing more.

Quote :
On Freddie’s Fashion Mart:

In 1995 a black Pentecostal Church, the United House of Prayer, which owned a retail property on 125th Street, asked Fred Harari, a Jewish tenant who operated Freddie's Fashion Mart, to evict his longtime subtenant, a black-owned record store called The Record Shack. Sharpton led a protest in Harlem against the planned eviction of The Record Shack. Sharpton told the protesters, "We will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business."
On December 8, 1995 Roland J. Smith Jr., one of the protesters, entered Harari's store with a gun and flammable liquid, shot several customers and set the store on fire. The gunman fatally shot himself, and seven store employees died of smoke inhalation. Fire Department officials discovered that the store's sprinkler had been shut down, in violation of the local fire code. Sharpton claimed that the perpetrator was an open critic of himself and his nonviolent tactics. Sharpton later expressed regret for making the racial remark, "white interloper," and denied responsibility for inflaming or provoking the violence.

An inflammatory remark,nothing more
Quote :
On gays:

"White folks was in caves while we was building empires.... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it."
"Sharpton defended his comments by noting that the term "homo" was not homophobic ". Bingo!
On Tawana Whorely:

On November 28, 1987, Tawana Brawley, a 15-year-old African-American girl, was found smeared with feces, lying in a garbage bag, her clothing torn and burned and with various slurs and epithets written on her body in charcoal. Brawley claimed she had been assaulted and raped by six white men, some of them police officers, in the town of Wappinger, New York.
Attorneys Alton H. Maddox and C. Vernon Mason joined Sharpton in support of Brawley. A grand jury was convened; after seven months of examining police and medical records, the jury found "overwhelming evidence" that Brawley had fabricated her story.[88] Sharpton, Maddox, and Mason had accused the Dutchess County prosecutor, Steven Pagones, of racism and of being one of the perpetrators of the alleged abduction and rape. The three were successfully sued for defamation, and were ordered to pay $345,000 in damages, with the jury finding Sharpton liable for making seven defamatory statements about Pagones, Maddox for two, and Mason for one. Sharpton refused to pay his share of the damages; it was later paid by a number of black business leaders including Johnnie Cochran.
In 2007 Sharpton said he would handle the case the same today, with the only difference being that he would not have made it so personal against Pagones. He said that he still felt Brawley had a good case to go to trial. "I disagreed with the grand jury on Brawley," said Sharpton in an interview. "I believed there was enough evidence to go to trial. Grand jury said there wasn't. Okay, fine. Do I have a right to disagree with the grand jury? Many Americans believe O.J. Simpson was guilty. A jury said he wasn't. So I have as much right to question a jury as they do. Does it make somebody a racist? No! They just disagreed with the jury. So did I."
[/quote]Not even close!

Now learn something:
rac·ism
(rā′sĭz′əm)
n.
1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Racist jingoists at their best   Racist jingoists at their best - Page 2 Empty1/7/2015, 10:10 am

Artie60438 wrote:

Now learn something:
rac·ism
(rā′sĭz′əm)
n.
1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
Oh,and one more thing...The reason that people are calling for Scalise to step down is that he addressed a group who believes that the white race is superior and therefore they are racists.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Racist jingoists at their best   Racist jingoists at their best - Page 2 Empty1/7/2015, 10:57 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Now learn something:
rac·ism
(rā′sĭz′əm)
n.
Oh,and one more thing...The reason that people are calling for Scalise to step down is that he addressed a group who believes that the white race is superior and therefore they are racists.

The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

Perfect example #1:

"White folks was in caves while we was building empires....

Which is more offensive?
Speaking to a group of racists, or asserting that one’s accomplishments are superior based upon one’s race, as the ‘Reverend’ clearly did in the above statement?  

Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Perfect example #2:

"We will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business."

Which is more offensive?
Speaking to a group of racists, or demanding that someone stay out of your neighborhood because of his race, as the ‘Reverend’ clearly did in the above statement?

It appears that it’s time for you to “learn something”.

Incidentally:

happy jack wrote:

And if you are so truly appalled by a member of the Ku Klux Klan, I'd ask you to show me your previous denunciations of the late-and-not-so-great Democrat Senator Robert Byrd.
I'll be waiting.

Still waiting.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Racist jingoists at their best   Racist jingoists at their best - Page 2 Empty1/7/2015, 4:28 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Now learn something:
rac·ism
(rā′sĭz′əm)
n.

The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

Perfect example #1:

Which is more offensive?
Speaking to a group of racists, or asserting that one’s accomplishments are superior based upon one’s race, as the ‘Reverend’ clearly did in the above statement?  
He's claiming something as a historical event. Sorry,another gutter ball

Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Perfect example #2:

"We will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business."

Which is more offensive?
Speaking to a group of racists, or demanding that someone stay out of your neighborhood because of his race, as the ‘Reverend’ clearly did in the above statement?
He was an activist standing up for a business owner that he felt was being treated unfairly. It's rabble rousing at best,not racist.

It appears that it’s time for you to “learn something”.

Incidentally:

happy jack wrote:

And if you are so truly appalled by a member of the Ku Klux Klan, I'd ask you to show me your previous denunciations of the late-and-not-so-great Democrat Senator Robert Byrd.
I'll be waiting.

Still waiting.[/quote]
Dredging up shit from 70 yrs ago? I know that's the favorite wingnut talking point but it has nothing to do with Scalise. Byrd renounced his past with the KKK and it was a different era back then. Oh,and btw...2 wrongs don't make a right Shocked ,that is unless you're wingnut wacko looking for a ridiculous talking point.

Civilization evolves and cozying up to hate groups is no longer winked at like it was back then. No different than drunk driving, when back in the 60's it was laughed off and offenders were often sent on their merry way..
Scalise should step down,but I'm ok if he doesn't. It'll just rally up more minorities to vote Democratic. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Racist jingoists at their best   Racist jingoists at their best - Page 2 Empty1/8/2015, 10:28 am

Artie60438 wrote:
He's claiming something as a historical event. Sorry,another gutter ball.

Wrong. He is engaging in one of the very definitions of racism, that of holding up his own race as superior to that of another.  Otherwise, why would he need to specify with the word ‘white’? Why didn't he simply use the word 'folks' and leave it at that?

Artie60438 wrote:
He was an activist standing up for a business owner that he felt was being treated unfairly. It's rabble rousing at best,not racist.

Wrong again.  He is very clearly stating that a white person is not wanted in his neighborhood, and that a white person should be considered not to belong  in his neighborhood. Rather than merely use the word ‘interloper’, he deliberately inserted the word ‘white’. And that is an indisputable example of racism.

interloper
[ ˈintərˌlōpər, ˌintərˈlōpər ]

NOUN
a person who becomes involved in a place or situation where they are not wanted or are considered not to belong.

happy jack wrote:

I'll be waiting.

Artie60438 wrote:
Dredging up shit from 70 yrs ago? I know that's the favorite wingnut talking point but it has nothing to do with Scalise. Byrd renounced his past with the KKK and it was a different era.

Senator Robert Byrd, on integration of the military:

“I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.”

I see.
Then I’m going to ask you a very direct question: Based upon your above reasoning, you believe that modern-day whites should be entirely and unequivocally absolved from any blame over their prior treatment of blacks, and should never be hassled with talk of reparations, and should never be made to feel that they are guilty of any ill-treatment of blacks because ”it was a different era” back then.
Yes or no?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Racist jingoists at their best   Racist jingoists at their best - Page 2 Empty1/8/2015, 12:41 pm

happy jack wrote:

Then I’m going to ask you a very direct question: Based upon your above reasoning, you believe that modern-day whites should be entirely and unequivocally absolved from any blame over their prior treatment of blacks, and should never be hassled with talk of reparations, and should never be made to feel that they are guilty of any ill-treatment of blacks because ”it was a different era” back then.
Yes or no?[/b]
Yes,Unless that person was found guilty of a specific crime

but I also am a supporter of affirmative action in the education and social systems
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Racist jingoists at their best   Racist jingoists at their best - Page 2 Empty1/8/2015, 1:38 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Yes or no?[/b]
Yes,Unless that person was found guilty of a specific crime

but I also am a supporter of affirmative action in the education and social systems

OK. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Racist jingoists at their best   Racist jingoists at their best - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Racist jingoists at their best
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2