Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How Safe Is It in Hammond?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
UrRight

How Safe Is It in Hammond? Empty
PostSubject: How Safe Is It in Hammond?   How Safe Is It in Hammond? Empty3/6/2012, 9:38 am

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Hammond-Indiana.html

Can't argue with real statistics. Kind of scary.
Back to top Go down
board monkey

board monkey

PostSubject: Re: How Safe Is It in Hammond?   How Safe Is It in Hammond? Empty3/6/2012, 4:04 pm

Quote :
City-data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Use at your own risk.

Taken from the website you posted. As your site notes, Hammond has had a big reduction in crime over the past 10 years. Wish it would show info broken down by neighborhoods instead of just city wide.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: How Safe Is It in Hammond?   How Safe Is It in Hammond? Empty3/10/2012, 8:56 am

Well, by the number of crime reports I receive on a daily basis, I would say crime has gone up quite a bit in the area where I used to live.

QUITE A BIT!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: How Safe Is It in Hammond?   How Safe Is It in Hammond? Empty3/10/2012, 1:11 pm

UrRight wrote:
Well, by the number of crime reports I receive on a daily basis, I would say crime has gone up quite a bit in the area where I used to live.

QUITE A BIT!!!!!
It's pretty hard to know much about crime in Hammond when you live in Michigan. Are there any other cities in the Midwest that you track crime in? What are the trends in Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo,Lansing and Flint? How about Ann Arbor and Saginaw?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: How Safe Is It in Hammond?   How Safe Is It in Hammond? Empty3/10/2012, 5:15 pm

sparks wrote:
UrRight wrote:

QUITE A BIT!!!!!
It's pretty hard to know much about crime in Hammond when you live in Michigan. Are there any other cities in the Midwest that you track crime in? What are the trends in Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo,Lansing and Flint? How about Ann Arbor and Saginaw?

My mom and sis live in Michigan....since we had two cottages over forty years ago, my dad knocked them down, when we multiplied by rabbits, and found one kid sleeping on the coffee table.

He then built a nice, five bedroom home. I go to visit. I don't live there. Try again, dimwit.

Crime is pretty bad in the cities you mentioned. You wouldn't get pass the gate where my mom lives. The neighbors are pretty much armed and protect even a salesman from going down a private road.

Far removed from any of those cities...far, away. Snuggled on a private lake where it is close to zero of anything happening.

Pretty hard to find.

Last edited by UrRight on 3/10/2012, 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: How Safe Is It in Hammond?   How Safe Is It in Hammond? Empty3/10/2012, 5:24 pm

...no one experienced crime on a first-hand basis like I did in Hammond.

Would your wife drive around a criminal willing to confess?

Would your wife chase a HOODIE KID down the alley to catch him, only to get tazed in the heart, while waiting for the cops to come?

Would your wife report some idiots looking suspicious, knocking on your door, only to get robbed the next day?

And would you not keep up with the crime well after you decided your life was more important keeping ten steps ahead of the cops, and because you still have strings or interest in the former property?

Seeing how it changed since 2004...only fools would stay there after a spouse passed away...and believe me, I don't think the Brady Bunch in the hood, such as you, nor the administration will be living in Hammond when a spouse dies, or politics are busted by the Feds. I am ten steps ahead.

I had a big shot friend of mine that owned a rental in the area with the best tenants in the world, and he gave it to them, way before the barricades went up. He inherited it, rented it out, and being ahead of Hammond cops, knew exactly when to sell it, to not put up with the crime that invaded west of Calumet Avenue and 173rd. Since barricading that portion, crime went up 25% on the east side of Cal Avenue. I have friends that run stores on 173rd & Columbia. We know what's going on. You gotta be nuts living there. You don't know any better until you remove yourself from something you get accustomed to. I look back, and I wanted to flip that house back in 2006, but the housing market was tumbling down. I still have an interest in it, financially; just others to protect it for me until the bubble goes down.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: How Safe Is It in Hammond?   How Safe Is It in Hammond? Empty3/10/2012, 5:27 pm

board monkey wrote:
Quote :
City-data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Use at your own risk.

Taken from the website you posted. As your site notes, Hammond has had a big reduction in crime over the past 10 years. Wish it would show info broken down by neighborhoods instead of just city wide.

Direct emails from the chief and Edison Crime Watch statistics - comparing today to 7 years ago, I don't need an analysis to tell me it's worse and more bold, brutal and daring.

Punks as young as 16 to 20 are in charge of the streets. Not the cops.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: How Safe Is It in Hammond?   How Safe Is It in Hammond? Empty3/10/2012, 5:31 pm

...and Celtic thinks her house was robbed for the last time.

Reality will prove she will move eventually. There's only so much you can take, feeling so violated. It won't end; just will get worse.

...and the TAVERNS were a needle in the haystack.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: How Safe Is It in Hammond?   How Safe Is It in Hammond? Empty3/10/2012, 6:53 pm

So Sparky, if I post from Bolingbrook, then back in Michigan, than in lower Indiana, then in Orland, then in Homer Glen, then in Mo., within the next week, you sayin' I live there? Oh, and maybe from Hollywood later...so I live there? In a way, for a short time, yeah! LOL

I'm not STUCK where you are, that's for sure.

Ya crack me up. I type wherever I am or can. Here, there, anywhere. Man, you need a life.

Last edited by UrRight on 3/10/2012, 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: How Safe Is It in Hammond?   How Safe Is It in Hammond? Empty3/10/2012, 6:54 pm

...and Hammond has lost its life. Your daughter won't be relocating behind your house and having babies, now, will she?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: How Safe Is It in Hammond?   How Safe Is It in Hammond? Empty3/10/2012, 7:45 pm

Can you wake up in the middle of the night, sit outside on the porch, and have no fear while enjoying a cup of coffee?

Can you sit outside and watch your kids roller skate, ride the bike, with no fear of he/she going all the way down the block while you are sitting outside?

Better yet, can you allow your kids to play outside even inside a "court", and not have to worry about keeping an eye on the kids, because it's like the '60 and '70s again. No worry or care, the kid has its freedom.

Can you go to sleep at night, alone, knowing you don't have the need for an alarm, or lock your door, or forget to lock windows?

That's what a nice, enjoyable life is like outside of Hammond. The good ole' days are back again for me, where no one walks around with their pants half down, and out walking during school hours. Where kids can play freely, without having to worry themselves of someone coming by while mom is busy...ready to steal their ball, or shoes. That's life outside of Hammond...where people are equally knowledgeable, equally on the level as far as education and moved to an area where their children don't have to worry about mom looking over them at age 12 even. Parents are neighbors, where no one would tolerate one ounce of crime I went through minding my own business, and that's what I love about being away from the ghetto.

Didn't realize how bad it was until I looked back one last time, knowing I fought all the way, and said, "Adios". You can accept it, but it's beneath me.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: How Safe Is It in Hammond?   How Safe Is It in Hammond? Empty3/10/2012, 9:01 pm

The last time I looked, Monkey, with the statistics/website, Hammond is equal or slightly above East Chicago in crime statistics.

Gary is the 7th highest most dangerous neighborhood nationally.

Would you want to live anywhere near those places, given the recent murders, hit and runs, whatever lately??

I hate when cops don't report the real statistics, but there are various other places you can google that are real time statistics that in fact, the neighborhood watch meetings rely on. And they deceive. What's larceny?

Use that one, for example. Thing is, everyone is cozy in City Hall...and most are rag-time, hanger-on-er's. Everyone knows everyone; they think the place is precious, and together they can re-enact the Hammond like it used to be. Just like Gary thinks they can reincarnate as Gary, "used to be". Who is in denial?

You guys are.

and ...you'll be the last one's out to turn out the lights. The gangs outnumber the good people and are way smarter than cops until they get caught, which they eventually get caught. Thing is, the emotional roller-coaster victims go through, isn't worth the weight the gangs have against the cops. Cops are so stressed out, they arrest innocent victims. It's a fact that should and will be brought to light.

It takes a loss even more than the things that were stolen in your house, to leave. Once you leave, you wondered why you ever stayed so long.

It's that bad. The neighborhood echos with others in far fetched places, people who used to work in Hammond City Hall back in the '60s telling me how corrupt it was. And most people gasp, "YOU LIVED THERE!"

Ashamed to say, "Yeah, I didn't do my homework before I jumped in". I urge all of you to give up and move out. It's a Roseland in happening, a Dolton in progress, and eventually, a Englewood ending.

Family wouldn't come to visit after the first two years. It was that bad. They were the ones that pulled me out of there and I had no say over it. Now, I thank them.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: How Safe Is It in Hammond?   How Safe Is It in Hammond? Empty3/10/2012, 9:34 pm

-Post Deleted by Admin-

-Objectionable Content-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Safe Is It in Hammond?   How Safe Is It in Hammond? Empty

Back to top Go down

How Safe Is It in Hammond?
Page 1 of 1