Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
UrRight

You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right? Empty
PostSubject: You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right?   You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right? Empty12/3/2011, 8:26 pm

Over Thanksgiving weekend, I was exposed to newspapers instead of the web for news. Since my sis lives in Bolingbrook, with a road or, should I say a "county or town road" dividing her homestead from Naperville, IL a stone's throw in away across the street, I was kind of interested reading the Chicago Tribune that focused on that area of Chicago.

There is/was a place that opened up less than a year ago, called:
http://napervillesun.suntimes.com/news/9200288-418/show-mes-out.html
(for archives since Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend, that showed the same advertising that this "glitzy restaurant, cop surrounded, downtown wanna-be revitalization thing is going to occur. I give it and gave it less than a year.

Anyway, when I read about this "glitzy restaurant" opening in Hammond, along with the negativity and comments that a former Gary cop opened it up (correct me if I am wrong on that), I just came across an article that resembled the same situation in Naperville. Another "glitzy" place opening up. I wish I could back-track and get the original story that appeared in Sunday's Tribune covering that area, but only because they showed the same advertisements as this new place coming to Hammond.

You earned it.

I quoted today's Suntimes link. It was originally in the Chicago Tribune (last Sunday) paper. I don't want to dwell on this subject anymore, just wanted to point out, "It is NOT going to be in business long in Hammond, if you do your arithmetic." You don't need a calculator.

Just common sense.

Here's theTrib-link: http://napervillesun.suntimes.com/news/index.html

The advertisement showed scant-bikini women like Hammond wants. Too bad you took away the "Bum Shower".

google "ShowMe" in Naperville, IL. No different than the scum they advertise in the "glitzy" bar in downtown Hammond. How dare you? Getting rid of dope addicts, prostitutes, then promote this crap and try and make people feel they are safe with cops all over INSIDE (probably getting all hot while watching). It's not safe if you need cameras in VIP or Private Party rooms observed by COPs. DUH! Who now'a'days go out drinking and drive from 9 p.m. until 3 a.m.? Are you guys that darn silly?

http://triblocal.com/naperville/2011/12/02/controversial-eatery-closes-show-mes-s/

Give the"glitzy bar" less than a year. You can't draw enough people to stay open from 9 p.m. until 3 a.m. on only the few days they mentioned. Something is wrong here. Tax--wise, group partners, something. It's not feasible or logic with the amount of money they put in and NO way...no way. Something doesn't add up. It doesn't take anyone other someone who used to keep books for a bar for years to know the struggle. Even with famous names, they are full of it.
Back to top Go down
board monkey

board monkey

PostSubject: Re: You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right?   You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right? Empty12/4/2011, 8:20 pm

Show Me's is nothing like AquaVor. Show Me's looks like a Hooters type of place. AquaVor will definitly be a high class joint catering to a different type of clientele.
Back to top Go down
Robin Banks

Robin Banks

PostSubject: Re: You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right?   You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right? Empty12/5/2011, 3:25 pm

Where is this "high class" clientele coming from?
Back to top Go down
chuckmo48

chuckmo48

PostSubject: Re: You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right?   You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right? Empty12/5/2011, 6:44 pm

Robin Banks wrote:
It's too bad...it would be cool to have an upscale night club close...don't know if there is enough of clientele around to make it a go or not...maybe they could pull people from Chicago? Don't know...you would think that they would have done some kind of preliminary research before investing that kind of money.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right?   You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right? Empty12/7/2011, 4:21 am

That a drive past Three Floyd's brewery any weekend and look at the lines waiting to enter the brewpub.There are plenty of young people in the region to support a new club, the question is whether the owners have created a format that will attract them.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right?   You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right? Empty12/12/2011, 9:42 am

board monkey wrote:
Show Me's is nothing like AquaVor. Show Me's looks like a Hooters type of place. AquaVor will definitly be a high class joint catering to a different type of clientele.

"ShowMe" is going out or went out of business due to the residents objecting to that type of establishment in Naperville. Same glitzy ad of scant-dressed upgraded prostitutes you would find along State-Line Road. Quit the excuses.

Unless you figure the politicians will patronize the place after 9 p.m. with the blessings of the cops.

Forgot to tell you Naperville residents screamed loud enough to close the place up. It wasn't the type of atmosphere/friendly place they wanted in their neighborhood and I don't see the difference betwen that and the one in Hammond.

Last edited by UrRight on 12/12/2011, 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right?   You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right? Empty12/12/2011, 10:51 am

Robin Banks wrote:

Give it less than a year.

Imagine telling someone far away..."We're going to Hammond, IN for entertainment instead of going a few miles away".

"Don't worry, hon, I packed a pistol in the trunk. I'll unpack it after we cross the state line road".

Last edited by UrRight on 12/12/2011, 2:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right?   You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right? Empty12/12/2011, 1:50 pm

sparks wrote:
That a drive past Three Floyd's brewery any weekend and look at the lines waiting to enter the brewpub.There are plenty of young people in the region to support a new club, the question is whether the owners have created a format that will attract them.

A brewery is a heck of a lot different than a replica of the disco scene in Hammond. Plus location.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right?   You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right? Empty12/12/2011, 1:53 pm

You avoid places where there is cigarette smoke.

Do you condone these places if both allow smoke and are successful?

Just asking.

Do you approve of your college age or almost-college-age kids going to these places?

Allow us the answer.

Here is a hint: I'd ask my kid where the place is located and calculate what the distance is, where the neighborhoods are, the route to get there, and tell them to go across the street, down the block, but walk since it's safe where I live.

If it's not safe, they don't go.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right?   You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right? Empty12/12/2011, 1:58 pm

Robin Banks wrote:

City Hall, Fire Dept., Police, politicians, neighborhood precinct captains, comittees, all central to its creation.

Deals need to be made, don't 'cha know?
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right?   You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right? Empty12/18/2011, 7:56 am

UrRight wrote:
You avoid places where there is cigarette smoke.

Do you condone these places if both allow smoke and are successful?

Just asking.

Do you approve of your college age or almost-college-age kids going to these places?

Allow us the answer.

Here is a hint: I'd ask my kid where the place is located and calculate what the distance is, where the neighborhoods are, the route to get there, and tell them to go across the street, down the block, but walk since it's safe where I live.

If it's not safe, they don't go.
It sounds to me like you have raised kids who let their mother do their thinking for them. I believe in raising kids who are capable of making their own decisions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right?   You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right? Empty

Back to top Go down

You Heard of the "Glitzy" Place They Are Opening Up in Hammond, Right?
Page 1 of 1