Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support!

Go down 
+5
KarenT
sparks
Artie60438
chuckmo48
UrRight
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
UrRight

An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support!   An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support! - Page 2 Empty4/7/2011, 8:28 am

By the way...he never smoked, Charlie Brown!

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support!   An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support! - Page 2 Empty4/7/2011, 11:24 am

UrRight wrote:
My WWII Brave Dad passed away this a.m. He fought this esophagus cancer that went thru his lungs, and created tumors in the brain.

For 2-1/2 yrs...he fought it.

Anyway, it's a blessing my last visit was how we "borrowed" from the fields...we NEVER STOLE!

He's in peace now...worried about who was going to fertilize his lawn this spring.

Imagine, of all things!
I am so sorry to hear that Ur. At least he is no longer suffering. Please take care of yourself.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support!   An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support! - Page 2 Empty4/7/2011, 12:08 pm

condolences hon....god bless.
Back to top Go down
freekey1

freekey1

PostSubject: Re: An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support!   An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support! - Page 2 Empty4/7/2011, 5:15 pm

My prayers are with you and your family.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support!   An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support! - Page 2 Empty4/7/2011, 8:17 pm

So sorry to read this UR. Know that we are sending you virtual hugs and thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support!   An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support! - Page 2 Empty4/7/2011, 9:46 pm

KarenT wrote:
So sorry to read this UR. Know that we are sending you virtual hugs and thoughts and prayers.

Thanks to all of you.

Ironically, my sister wrote in the ChicagoTrib.com/local last night about how my dad was doing. It was printed in the Trib.local/KarenPutz...today.

She had to write in her deafmomworld.com today, to tell everyone, it was printed today, and ironically died today.

I thought it would be nice to share with you...
but, before those two articles (under Christie Lake, you'd find a ton of fun we had over our corker dad, and my mother who lived her life around the family.

http://deafmomworld.com/driving-a-1952-john-deere-tractor/

Driving a 1952 John Deere Tractor
Posted on September 19th, 2010 by DeafMom
I was winterizing the jet ski when Dad came out of the garage. “What happened to your trailer?” he asked, pointing to the wheel crank. The handle was bent.

(Click on the link above to see the whole story, and pixs!)

http://deafmomworld.com/my-dads-memorial-norman-griffard/

Inside this link click on where she wrote her article printed today...on the eve of his death.

She writes some pretty funny things from over the years, especially, "I love you, too, Mom" under "Christie Lake Adventures". But that on is pretty far back. Grammaw thought she was telling the little kids, "I love you, too!" They would laugh like heck and never told her until a few years later, she was actually saying, "S.O.B's!" using the wrong fingers in sign language as they pulled away. LOL

Dedicated to My Dad, Grampa, and Those Whose Lives He Touched!

WHEN TOMORROW STARTS WITHOUT ME

When tomorrow starts without me, and I'm not here to see
If the sun should rise and find your eyes all filled with tears for me,
I wish so much you wouldn't cry the way you did today..
While thinking of the many things we didn't get to say.
I know how much you you love me; as much as I love you.
...and each time you think of me, I know you'll miss me, to.

When tomorrow starts without me, please try to understand,
that an Angel came and called my name and took me by the hand.
The Angel said my place was ready in heaven far above,
...and that I'd have to leave behind all those I truly love.

As I turned to walk away, a tear fell from my eye.
For all my life, I'd always thought I didn't want to die.
I had so much to live for and so much yet to do.
It seemed almost impossible that I was leaving you.

I thought of all the yesterdays; the good ones and the bad.
I thought of all the love we shared and all the fun we had.
If I could relive yesterday, I thought, for just awhile....
I'd say goodbye and kiss you, maybe see you smile.

But then, I fully realized this could never be;
for the emptiness and memories would take the place of me.
....And, when I thought of worldly things that I'd miss come tomorrow, I thought of you...and when I did, my heart was filled with sorrow.

But when I walked through Heaven's Gates, I felt so much at home,
When GOD looked down and smiled at me from His great Golden Throne, I felt so much at home.
So...WHEN TOMORROW STARTS WITHOUT ME, don't think we're far apart....
For every time you think of me,
I'm right here... in your heart.

Sad

I've carried this in my wallet for years; author is unknown.

Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support!   An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support! - Page 2 Empty4/8/2011, 6:51 am

Back to top Go down
Robin Banks

Robin Banks

PostSubject: Re: An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support!   An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support! - Page 2 Empty4/8/2011, 7:46 am

I am sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support!   An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support! - Page 2 Empty4/8/2011, 9:03 am

Yesterday was hard; the neighbor came down while everyone was gone, lowered my dad's flag at half-staff.

It really touched our hearts, and this a.m., we are starting to laugh at some of the things people wrote to my parents, and I want to share a few of their letters, because it shows you just what a life we had because of him and my mom..

One from his ole'pal in Ste. Gen, Mo, who passed away a few weeks ago.

Norm:

Just a note to see if can still chew the old plug and spit on the spark plugs and make the old tractor miss.
Or, have you done any "Carbite" fishing lately?

Sure would make a big noise!

"When we were up visiting, your mom and dad got into an argument.
Your mom kep throwing his favorite shoes out in the garbage, but he kept finding them in the trash and kept wearing them.

They were toe-less, but not by design.

I think your dad won again."

Aunt Mel.

Norm and Marian will always be remembered in my lifetime as a second mom and dad, growing up as did my mom for their own daughter, Jeanie. Somewhere along the line, something got mixed up. The memories go back a good twenty five years (35 plus, now)...back on Ellis Avenue in Dolton.

Norman being the friendly type of guy he is, would always greet me at the door with, "What do you want now? Don't you have a home?" Marian, on the other hand would say, "Have you eaten yet? We're just sitting down for dinner". Somehow I would always end up with a plate in front of me forcing down that awful (she was joking about awful...) cooking of Marian's. Yes, the Griffards certainly knew how to eat. If ever I had to go without a meal, I knew where to find one.

It was always pretty entertaining at the Griffard household, too. Norman was always pitching in to help around the house with a beer in one hand and a newspaper in the other. He would always tell me about the rough day he had at work and how tired he was as Marian would be vacumning around the chair he was sitting in.

Jeanie, on the hand, was such an angelic daughter making life such a pleasure for Marian and Norman. If ever I wanted to witness a good-old riip-roaring fight, I knew where to go and I didn't even have to pay admission to see it. Jeanie was the kind of daughter who spent more days suntanning her body on the roof,than going to high school. It was hard for me to believe that Norman and Marian wanted more kids after that.

In all seriousness, Marian and Norman made growing up in Dolton a lot of fun and we all have so many good memories of Ellis Avenue.

Congratulations on your 50th Wedding Anniversary and we wish you many more years of good health and happiness in the future.

Well, maybe not Norman, but for Marian. (Just kidding, ole'Norm!)

Cyndi (McDonald) & Fred Murino

Your dad was in the logging and sawmill business. There was a lot of tobacco chewing going on back then between your grampa and dad. Your grampa could spit farther than your dad, because his front teeth were missing. Even ole'Eggwatt entered the spitting contest. Eventually, your dad beat ole'Eggwatt who had no teeth, but never could he out-spit your grampa!

From his old Boss while setting up the lime terminal off Stoney Island, at the harbor where the barges/trucks dropped or picked up lime:

I can remember the first small bin we fabricated in Ste. Gen, and barged to the terminal so that you could get started in Chicago. It wasn't long before plans were approved for a large four bin terminal to be built in two stages: two bins with feeder conveyor first, with an extension for Great Lakes Shipping to expand the ship dock.

They then decided you were too close, so Ms. Lime Co. had to move farther down he dock (who but you would have thought you could do this on rollers!), along with this, Mississippi Lime Co., decided to expand to four bins with screening.

How we ever made it through these times and still supply lime to the customers is still a mystery to be, but somehow you kept things going. The company was and is very fortunate to have peopke like you to dig in and keep things running, which also made my job easier.

If ever there was a solution needed, you came up with the most far-out ideas...and no one could believe how you thought of moving a terminal on rollers.

Only you.

Today is a the day we are looking back with less tears, and more laughter. He was a corker!

_______________________i__________________________
Back to top Go down
chuckmo48

chuckmo48

PostSubject: Re: An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support!   An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support! - Page 2 Empty4/8/2011, 10:56 am

So sorry for you loss...Many prayers and good thoughts to you and your family.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support!   An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support! - Page 2 Empty4/8/2011, 6:55 pm

Sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support!   An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support! - Page 2 Empty4/16/2011, 9:35 pm

Thanks to all of you...and Dad...thanks for the memories!...Always in our heart...

http://deafmomworld.com/
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support!   An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support! - Page 2 Empty4/17/2011, 9:05 pm

I can move on now..thanks all of you. Love you all. Just wished the whole world had a chance to know him.

I am sure everyone wishes the same about their mom, dad, any particular relative.

My goal is to get back on skis this summer and show my little, big sister she has not a chance in hell. Especially when I get caught without a fishing license...She forgets how long I can hold my breath and dive in the water...go under the boat and float while the ranger gives her the ticket.

I just float to the nearest house, run in...she can't hear, so she ends up trying to explain.."she was just here!!"

Dad usually took care of the ticket, but now I need a new strategy.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support!   An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support! - Page 2 Empty4/18/2011, 10:35 am

Good to see you back,Ur.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support!   An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support! - Page 2 Empty4/18/2011, 8:55 pm

Thank you guys for putting up with me. Oh, I'm back to bitching in other forums, as if you hadn't noticed! tongue

My dad wouldn't want it any other way.

Neither would the relatives.

Think I walked out pizzed off 5 times from Friday to Monday....ready to hitch a ride with any old trucker. Except neighbors along the lane kept pulling me in...get some Vitamin D (SUN!!) ...and have a glass of wine... I stuck it out, made it back.

I kicked a niece out of the car, rode home with my bro in law and two nephews. Greatest ride I had outside hocking a ride with a trucker, which I never did in my life.

It got pretty intense....as it should when everyone is dealing with their own episodes of loosing someone.

I did yell at the priest presiding by the graveside burial..when my little bro gave a speech..."My dad was a man of his word...something about if "HE", (bro) got caught in a fib, he got chased down the sidewalk. I couldn't resist:

Father, "He's lying! He's full of crap! He got my dad chasing ME down the sidewalk!" I'm all for truth....and everyone burst out laughing.

I furthered the motion by opening the bar and charging it in his name. Paybacks are a bitch.

With 20 or more nephews and relatives (brothers of my dad), in one half hour, even though I had two drinks...it cost more than the dinner

He laughed, but I knew I hit him where it hurt. LOL I'll give you my last twenty; when he's down to a half a million, he panics....that's what made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support!   An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

An Inspiration For Cancer Pts...A Portrait of Support!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2